Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIAH Picture Ratings
FFXIAH Picture Ratings
 Asura.Volition
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-06 20:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious, why on almost (not all) every picture that has been posted here, even if they are helpful, do people rate them down? I've seen some pictures on here that are helpful, such as showing the stats, maybe an interesting picture with someone wearing the armor, yet it has a rating of 1.34 or something.

I'm just curious, is all.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-01-06 20:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl are asshats
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-06 20:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
ppl are asshats

Pretty much this. People have nothing better to do than drag everyone down.

What I dont understand is the rating comments left on a person. Why should anybody else get to rate comments that my friends leave me on my page? And why bother? If my friend left me a "Congrats on whatever" comment, why go out of your way to rate it down?

People are jerks.
 Fenrir.Makasita
user: makasita
By Fenrir.Makasita 2009-01-06 21:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the pictures posted are terrible and only interest the person who uploaded them. It's no surprise that when people don't like something, they downrate it.

edit: Some people just downrate everything because they know people will eventually post about it, too.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-01-06 21:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually sent a PM to Jaerik about this earlier this week, didn't get a response back.

I do think it's rather stupid to have a single picture with a 18 different 1 votes. I asked if this feature of the site served any purpose now or will have one in the future.
If not, I'd like to see the ratings removed entirely or at least the user given an option to turn off the rankings for their posted screenshots.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-01-06 22:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just say don't take the low scores personally. It's not a big deal. They somewhat do serve a purpose: http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php

Scores determine the order the screenshot appears on item pages.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

People also down-rate things out of jealousy, or because they don't like people showing off what they have. (Boo-hoo grow up people.)

Honestly I think player screenshots should not have ratings, nor should comments on player pages.

If possible, just set it up so that a player can organize how the screen shots on their page shows up.
 Asura.Volition
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-01-08 09:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. Ratings are needed for items, but not for pictures or personal comments. The only thing I think should be offered for pictures is a "report picture" or something, in case it has nothing to do with the item or its offensive.. etc.
 Fenrir.Saeki
user: Mirae
By Fenrir.Saeki 2009-01-17 18:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree with Volition, though in all honesty being rated down doesn't bother me (oh noes, whatever will I do with a low rating on the internet? HALP! lol), but it might bother others.
I find, not counting item comment ratings, that people get rated down for no reason at all really. Perhaps a personal grudge of a bored anonymous person? Dunno, but it's silly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-18 08:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ban everyone who rates up OR down.

This isn't allakhazam. The masses are stupid and often wrong.
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Server: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-01-18 11:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Devek said:

This isn't allakhazam. The masses are stupid and often wrong.

....So you're saying it's exactly like Alla?
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-18 13:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that is true anywhere.

What I am talking about is letting the masses have a say in anything, that shouldn't be allowed.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-18 15:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Devek said:
Just ban everyone who rates up OR down. This isn't allakhazam. The masses are stupid and often wrong.

But allakhazam is stupid and often wrong also. So you are saying that if this isn't like allakhazam, then the masses can't be stupid and often wrong, which contridicts your post.

But~ everyone knows that wiki is better. lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Server: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-01-19 10:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Devek said:
Just ban everyone who rates up OR down. This isn't allakhazam. The masses are stupid and often wrong.

But allakhazam is stupid and often wrong also. So you are saying that if this isn't like allakhazam, then the masses can't be stupid and often wrong, which contridicts your post.

But~ everyone knows that wiki is better. lol

I agree with this post, except the bold part BG >>>>>> All.