Dragoon Gear, Jump Set Help.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Gear, Jump set help.
Dragoon Gear, Jump set help.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-01 08:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my current gear sets.

Drakesbane:

DragoonTP:

Now what I'm looking for is any advice on a wicked set up for my Jump/High Jump/Spirit Jump.
Any advice is appreciated. Excluding Body and Leg piece as I have both Conte pieces filling those slots for the TP bonus on my jumps.
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-07-01 09:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Here are my current gear sets. Drakesbane: DragoonTP: Now what I'm looking for is any advice on a wicked set up for my Jump/High Jump/Spirit Jump. Any advice is appreciated. Excluding Body and Leg piece as I have both Conte pieces filling those slots for the TP bonus on my jumps.

Askar Body isn't really needed if you have Goading belt. You should (if avaliable) use the Nuevo body with Acc +10 DA +2%. Would be more useful IMO.

I've also been told that Love Torque is better for Drakesbane than corresponding Sea Gorget.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-01 09:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have that exact Neuvo in my storage, Askar just looks pretty lol.

And yeah I've been doing testing and it is quite better for Drakesbane then the gorget is, especially now with our new cap on polearm skills.

I just kinda spread them out so you can see the options.
And actually instead of Neuvo, I was debating Homam body, just cause of the Acc and Triple attack.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-07-01 10:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the Goading Belt drop? :P
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 10:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You can easily use your ws set for jumps. Just swap torque on neck and af on feet (depending on your target or how many att buffs you got). Chances are af will usually win anyway.

For tp i would go with that nuevo you got or even zahak's. Not sure what is better exactly. 2DA is can be better than 3% crit on most situations. 10 str has more fstr and attack, and if you get some decent crit tiers from zahak's dex, it will certainly be better. Either way the extra acc from both options will make it possible to remove cuch and go with foragers on tp. (removing cuch will affect the crit provided by zahak, but i doubt you would be on the sweet spot for anything decent anyway)
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-07-01 10:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a jump macro that adds in AF feet, Barone body, and Conte legs. 22 tp per jump is a nice addition. :)
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-07-01 10:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

First piece of advice would be don't bother with Barone/Conte unless you're already wearing it for other reasons. Why?

You need 16.7% TP per swing to get to 100 in 6 swings. Jump returns a melee round worth of TP. So if you get 16.7% from your swings already, what's the point of getting +4 (+5 with HQ) TP on your jumps? That's right, there isn't one. And your jumps won't be up on every single race to 100%, so you can't rely on that bonus TP. I apply the same logic to Skystrider, too. At best, you can get +10% per jump. 10% < 16.7%.

inb4"but you wear barone!" I'm gimp, and that's my excuse.

Otherwise, check your accuracy. Do you have better than 95% accuracy? Great, see what you can pull out and swap in VIT if you can on Jump (not High Jump,) or STR/Attack. There was a recent thread where we were discussing Jump, and the best summary I found in it was "so what you're saying is just wear WS gear."

Also:
AF feet for regular Jump. There's nothing out there yet that beats +10% Attack in feet. AF feet do NOT affect High Jump. Probably doesn't work on Spirit Jump either.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 10:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm i think this was on topic on that same thread. Where did you get that af feet doesnt affect high jump? i sure hope your answer isn't semantics.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-01 10:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay thanks for the advice, and it's an interesting perspective you have on using/not using barone/conte.
Although it could be could advice, I have jump fully merited, and with Spirit Jump im getting a return of anywhere from 34-38% tp per jump.
And on a Double attack thats enough for a Drakes after the 21% return, not counting whether I conserve TP or not.
I always reccomend Conte/Barone to any DRG for Jump, Str, Attack, TP bonus. Can't ever go wrong.

And hmm AF feet, never really thought about that.

And trust me, as a career DRG, I can tell you AF feet effects all Jumps.
Enhances "Jump" effect.
Same as Ryunohige but different enhancements. Jump High Jump Spirit Jump all fall under the jump category.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-01 10:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Offtopic.

I really hope the Goading Belt is an all around piece that is actually obtainable by most players and not some 1% drop rate off an off colored crab that spawns once every 2-3 years. Yes please to 6 hit w/o Askar Body.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-01 10:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For soloing I guess I could see using Baronex2 for Jumps...in xp/merit situations it won't get you to a 5 hit build so it's prolly better to use something else for those jump slots. The new Perle legs are a beast for Jumps..the 10 acc in legs along with 5vit and 5Dex is hot, and potentially free's up other slots for str/att over acc.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-07-01 10:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what my jump looks like:

Not the best, but pretty decent with what I already had on hand from my other jobs.

Disclaimers:
I know, lolThal at this point, I have a ton of other trials I am working on and I will get to the lance when I can. I am also passing Thew Bomblets to people that play those jobs more than I do, but that will come eventually.

P.S. I am also in the camp of, "Where did you get the Goading Belt?"
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-01 10:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
hmm i think this was on topic on that same thread. Where did you get that af feet doesnt affect high jump? i sure hope your answer isn't semantics.

Small sample size but I High Jumped on Greater Colibri like 30-40 times (duo, sleeping it between etc - controlled test, not chaotic merit party) with knowing their exact stats etc. Never found anything which suggested a 10% Attack boost. Repeated test for Jump, immediately found that spike in damage (not accounted for by the VIT mod).

Small sample size, anecdotal test but there you go.

Also Hecatomb Leggings increased HJ damage more than AF Feet did when I had no buffs on HJing those Gcoli, so ~
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 10:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the way i see the af too Alzeroth. But its not the first time i see Spiriel claiming that.

Now on +tp on jump. If spirit jump and +tp pieces gives you 34-38 tp return, using barone is actually useful then. It's a shame spirit jump doesn't have lower cooldown with jump merits.

Still if you are not affecting your 6 hit in any way with +tp gear, using said gear is completely useless really. DA on jump is not affect by +tp too. If you get 20tp from jump due barone stuff, then you will get 37 with DA(16.7+2+2+16.7). DA tp is only affected by store tp.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 11:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Small sample size but I High Jumped on Greater Colibri like 30-40 times (duo, sleeping it between etc - controlled test, not chaotic merit party) with knowing their exact stats etc. Never found anything which suggested a 10% Attack boost. Repeated test for Jump, immediately found that spike in damage (not accounted for by the VIT mod).

Small sample size, anecdotal test but there you go.

Also Hecatomb Leggings increased HJ damage more than AF Feet did when I had no buffs on HJing those Gcoli, so ~

well nice stuff anyway. Guess i'll just retract myself lol at least for now! haha
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-01 11:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's far from conclusive but it was enough to suggest strongly to me that there was no effect.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-01 11:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
Thats the way i see the af too Alzeroth. But its not the first time i see Spiriel claiming that. Now on tp on jump. If spirit jump and tp pieces gives you 34-38 tp return, using barone is actually useful then. It's a shame spirit jump doesn't have lower cooldown with jump merits. Still if you are not affecting your 6 hit in any way with tp gear, using said gear is completely useless really. DA on jump is not affect by tp too. If you get 20tp from jump due barone stuff, then you will get 37 with DA(16.7 2 2 16.7). DA tp is only affected by store tp.

Actually Spirit Jump shares an exact timer with Jump from what I've noticed. I have Jump fully merited , and Spirit Jump acts as if it is too. Or maybe Im just crazy when I see that timer jump up lol..

With barone though it is actually effecting my 6 hit into a 5hit in some cases. For instance.

I'll Drakesbane, usually return 21%tp
So I'm at 21, roughly then 55 after a spirit jump.
I'm getting roughly 18-19 tp a hit.
SO we will just take the minimum.

So I've got 21+34+18+18+18 = 109
Now that's not counting high jump too, or my moments when I can spirit link since I did merit empathy for the occassion. Have to account for any double attacks and or conserve tp triggering.
I'd say in any situation you're best to macro in Barone/Conte body and legs. At no point would I imagine it being useless with all the stuff Drg can do along with getting that little bit of tp you need to break the thresh hold.
Then again there is a chance my math is way off and I'm missing some stuff. But I've been using my Drg for 5 years, and I'm pretty keen when it comes to whats useful. My main concern is filling in the other slots with something that will enhance jump to my liking.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-01 11:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

AF boots enhances "Jump" Relic legs enhances "High Jump". While you can try to make assumptions that "Jump" means all jumps, unless you have solid testing, it's better to go with what you KNOW will work and stats will work. If I see any good testing about this that shows that AF boots help High jump, I might consider wearing them.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah 34tp will affect your 6 hit no matter what.

I still didnt level my drg over 75, so i'm not sure about the timers. But i've seen ppl saying that spirit jump still has 1:30min recast with jump merits.
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
AF boots enhances "Jump" Relic legs enhances "High Jump". While you can try to make assumptions that "Jump" means all jumps, unless you have solid testing, it's better to go with what you KNOW will work and stats will work. If I see any good testing about this that shows that AF boots help High jump, I might consider wearing them.

Thats is exactly my point...I've never actually seen any test that showed that af didn't affect high jump. But c'mon, barone has "jump" tp bonus, and affects both jumps. What would show that af doesn't affect high jump, since it has enhances "jump" effects, but actual test? Now that i checked, semantics helps the theory of affecting both better than the other.

Still, Raen posted some numbers, and even though is not conclusive, it does indicate a pattern. I can be more open to this idea now.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-01 11:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

But redhead cat DRG is perfect! WORK ON THAT NOW LAPHINE >:O
 Valefor.Byxfluzba
Server: Valefor
user: Byxfluzba
By Valefor.Byxfluzba 2010-07-01 11:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

AF boots don't affect high jump. I tested myself.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-01 12:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Byxfluzba is wise. Listen to this man.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 12:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
But redhead cat DRG is perfect! WORK ON THAT NOW LAPHINE >:O

lol in due time. I'm more of a redhead cat burglar and a redhead black cat lol. So yeah thf and blm will see 80 first~
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-01 12:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra THF is also a thing of great divinity. Acceptable.
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
Server: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2010-07-01 12:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I go about it differently than most I'm sure. I just go for the double attack and maintaining my six hit as well as the convenience of leaving AF in storage. Never been a big number cruncher so I'm sure all the things I'm not doing could beat me out, but here's my set.

I'm sure I could throw in more VIT or many things but like i said the tathlum is there to maintain 6 hit which is more important to me than 4 more VIT. For funsies here's my TP set and WS set if anyone has any tweaks. I know i should uncurse heca hands for ws, but I'm trying to upgrade an apoc. Maybe once stage 4 is done.

Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-01 12:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-01 12:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on what your fighting you could probably TP in turban or blitz ring.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-01 12:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Qeldroma said:
I go about it differently than most I'm sure. I just go for the double attack and maintaining my six hit as well as the convenience of leaving AF in storage. Never been a big number cruncher so I'm sure all the things I'm not doing could beat me out, but here's my set. I'm sure I could throw in more VIT or many things but like i said the tathlum is there to maintain 6 hit which is more important to me than 4 more VIT. For funsies here's my TP set and WS set if anyone has any tweaks. I know i should uncurse heca hands for ws, but I'm trying to upgrade an apoc. Maybe once stage 4 is done.

You'll see a better difference believe it or not using a Walahra and a blitz instead of that pretty ace's of yours and that Ulthalam's ring.
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

You know.. I don't quite remember :p
Good luck to those of you in the hunt for it still, I'll drop a line for you Cerberus playes for 30,000,000 a piece :D
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 12:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

white tathlum+ vfork + ares cuirass, a combo made of win lol

Damn odin don't want to drop my vfork ; ; Many better options to look for these days, but i've been wanting it for over a year...I'm in a state that i simply have to have it lol.

You got like my dream set there Qeldroma lol. Only thing i would fix is arrange my sets based on what im fighting, different ranges of acc and stuff.

Ah yeah, there is np using ares hands, specially when you dont have any acc on body. Also, taking you are elvaan and not using zahaks, i think equipping dex wont do much good for you. You could swap that pixie for a Triumph ear or the aesir ear you already got. Or is pixie giving you a full 3 acc?
First Page 2