Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » HQ not as good as I thought
HQ not as good as I thought
 Siren.Sinneloa
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-07-01 07:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Buffalo Meat to make Jerky but problem is Bison Jerky cant be used to make Carbonara. Since when cant a HQ item be substituted for the NQ result?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 07:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm... Other then some synths in Goldsmithing, since when can they? Generally speaking, HQ's can't be used in place of NQ's for quests either.

Anyways, do what I did, get the Chef's Ring..

-OR- Eat some Kitron Macaroons, they lower the HQ rate (as well as the failure rate, so for this particular synth it's a major bonus.)
 Siren.Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-07-01 07:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My cooking is 99.3 so any artificial delvling at this point is not likely. And Im in the fishing guild now and I dont want to lose 100k in gp's. Once I get my fishing apron Ill get the chefs ring.
 Odin.Nanolino
Server: Odin
user: Nanolino
By Odin.Nanolino 2010-07-01 07:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you talking about, synthed a peace cape +1 not too long ago, in process to craft an errants or even (dream online) mahatma cape. LOng story short ***happens
 Siren.Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-07-01 07:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

80k in gp's for chefs ring shouldnt take long once I get artisan lvl in fishing seeing I have 59.3 and artisan is 70.0
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-01 08:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Macaroons.. how did I miss these. Very interesting, reading up on them now.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-01 08:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rawkhawk said:
Macaroons.. how did I miss these. Very interesting, reading up on them now.

When I crafted, I'd do 144 synths at a time usually. Often I'd get 1-2 breaks on the batch with no affect on HQ's, IMO. I have nothing to prove this, I just noticed similar results whether or not I used macaroons
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-01 08:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
When I crafted, I'd do 144 synths at a time usually. Often I'd get 1-2 breaks on the batch with no affect on HQ's, IMO. I have nothing to prove this, I just noticed similar results whether or not I used macaroons

Hmm, well from what I gather there isn't much evidence one way or another. But most crafters hold very odd ideas as 'truth' so I'm willing to bet these are the same way (i.e. direction, ele staff, day, moon phase), I'm sure some of these could or do effect crafting. But still an interesting idea, food for crafting.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 09:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I as well do a lot of synthing at a time, with things I'm not likely to HQ, I use them (or when I was making Red Curry Buns) I do notice a difference. So does a friend of mine..

Anyways, one last 30 mins, and as a cook I can make pretty cheaply, so why not, not like I'm throwing a lot of gil away on an unproven theory.

If you got the spare gil, try for yourself and see how it goes.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-01 09:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I as well do a lot of synthing at a time, with things I'm not likely to HQ, I use them (or when I was making Red Curry Buns) I do notice a difference. So does a friend of mine..

Anyways, one last 30 mins, and as a cook I can make pretty cheaply, so why not, not like I'm throwing a lot of gil away on an unproven theory.

If you got the spare gil, try for yourself and see how it goes.

Well, the great thing about cooking is that you don't need to HQ to make a profit.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 09:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No you don't have to, but you're going to be constantly crafting if you don't HQ to make any decent money.. Lately I've only been cooking to support my day to day activities (ninja tools, teles/retraces, other random consumables, chocobos, etc etc) and making my own food that I use in my daily routine.

The cooking market has pretty much crashed since the merge, in a matter of a few weeks Red Curry Buns went from 300k a stack to just over 200k a stack, other foods haven't quite crashed that hard, but they have crashed, Carbonara went from like 30k a stack to 17, Tav Tacos had went from 30k down to 16k (back up now though) Too many cooks in the kitchen =/
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-01 09:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Squid sushi, Tav. tacos, and Yellow curry buns is where the gil is at. At least it was on Sylph. After the merge, prices stayed consistent, but everything soldd twice as fast.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 12:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Squid sushi, Tav. tacos, and Yellow curry buns is where the gil is at. At least it was on Sylph. After the merge, prices stayed consistent, but everything soldd twice as fast.

I was doing all of those before the merge, and making a good profit too.. Spend 200k on mats, get back like 450k or some ***, then the merger came and everything went to ***.. Hell squid used to be like 18-20k steady, now it fluctuates between 18 and as low as 11-12k.. Tav Tacos seem to of gone back to what they used to be and holding steady, so I think I might go back to those, the profit off the NQ weren't too shabby, but I usually ended up with at least a stack of HQ as well (usually did about 16 synths at a time of tacos.)