"The Future Of FFXI" The Review Of Updates In A Nutshell~

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » "The Future of FFXI" The review of updates in a nutshell~
"The Future of FFXI" The review of updates in a nutshell~
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-25 13:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
So do you not buy ANYTHING from the AH then? You got out and farm all your materials for every craft, craft everything yourself, farm all mobs for equips etc? If you use AH its the same thing.

Let me explain my concern with a simple example. In short, I don't want to have Joytoy by paying people who would do the job for me. This is not FFXI that I like ok? Supporting crafting is completely different.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 13:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No it isn't, you are paying for a service. Using what you said, you could go out and do the craft yourself instead of paying for a service. Same way you could go out and kill the NM yourself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-25 13:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
No it isn't, you are paying for a service. Using what you said, you could go out and do the craft yourself instead of paying for a service. Same way you could go out and kill the NM yourself.

That service, I hate it. There shouldn't be such service. Game dynamics should not have let this happen. It is same logic and mentality that works as RMT. It ruins the game, it ruins fun, it ruins spirit, it ruins everything good in the game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 13:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
So do you not buy ANYTHING from the AH then? You got out and farm all your materials for every craft, craft everything yourself, farm all mobs for equips etc? If you use AH its the same thing.
Let me explain my concern with a simple example. In short, I don't want to have Joytoy by paying people who would do the job for me. This is not FFXI that I like ok? Supporting crafting is completely different.

Think of mercing as a craft called 'Bounty Hunting'. BTW, most in-game quests of most games, you are providing a service. "Go kill/retreive (whatever) to receive (whatever)."
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 13:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
I think maybe this is kind of the prostitution argument. How can you be against paying for something that you can get for free? Yeah I know its "morally ambiguous", but I think it's pretty much to be expected.

Yeah.. I need a girlfriend. Free sex.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-25 13:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
I think maybe this is kind of the prostitution argument. How can you be against paying for something that you can get for free? Yeah I know its "morally ambiguous", but I think it's pretty much to be expected.

lol. Girlfriends are more expensive than prostitutes d:
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-06-25 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

to OP

imo you are right, SE gave us many years of a good game and got to a point they dont give a funk about it anymore. They just did this cause they screwed up 14

I still enjoy the game cause i like to xp and i love some new things like thf/dnc having dual.
But i didnt get new expansions nor will i bother about new gear. Level 99ish gear is the only gear that makes sence to do events for, as it was before with level 75ish.
All events were for top level jobs gear. Its a game and obviously we play for fun with friends, but there had to be a top gear or access to something there. They killed all the end-game we loved (most ppl are in denial about this, dont forget many ppl life will be empty without ffxi)

ive noticed alot of ppl upset when u call to their attention how all the gear is/will become obsolet... the new thing is saying we have a "doomsday" talk

for me, as long as i enjoy xp and find something interesting to do ig ill keep at it :p but killing all end-game didnt help (dont forget that some 80ish gear from echos is similar, if not better, compared to some gear from recent event, like VNM)

Anyway i stoped talking ig about this and making my own post about things i consider interesting or peculiar, out of respect for the ppl that dont want to see it... and they are right... now they rush into all this 80ish gear and are highly entertained with it... then 85ish comes out and they trash all 80ish gear and will be highly entertained getting 85ish gear... then 90ish comes out... well you get the picture ;)
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 13:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
lol. Girlfriends are more expensive than prostitutes d:

Girlfriends are like 2% safer, and Prostitutes won't cook for you.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

That service, I hate it. There shouldn't be such service. Game dynamics should not have let this happen. It is same logic and mentality that works as RMT. It ruins the game, it ruins fun, it ruins spirit, it ruins everything good in the game.

Uh how so...? That is the same EXACT thing as buying a NM drop off the AH.. and I know you aren't gonna tell me you have never done that. You could have went out and farmed that item yourself from camping the nm, but instead you BOUGHT IT, which paid for the service.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 13:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Onepenny said:
to OP imo you are right, SE gave us many years of a good game and got to a point they dont give a funk about it anymore. They just did this cause they screwed up 14 I still enjoy the game cause i like to xp and i love some new things like thf/dnc having dual. But i didnt get new expansions nor will i bother about new gear. Level 99ish gear is the only gear that makes sence to do events for, as it was before with level 75ish. All events were for top level jobs gear. Its a game and obviously we play for fun with friends, but there had to be a top gear or access to something there. They killed all the end-game we loved (most ppl are in denial about this, dont forget many ppl life will be empty without ffxi) ive noticed alot of ppl upset when u call to their attention how all the gear is/will become obsolet... the new thing is saying we have a "doomsday" talk for me, as long as i enjoy xp and find something interesting to do ig ill keep at it :p but killing all end-game didnt help (dont forget that some 80ish gear from echos is similar, if not better, compared to some gear from recent event, like VNM) Anyway i stoped talking ig about this and making my own post about things i consider interesting or peculiar, out of respect for the ppl that dont want to see it... and they are right... now they rush into all this 80ish gear and are highly entertained with it... then 85ish comes out and they trash all 80ish gear and will be highly entertained getting 85ish gear... then 90ish comes out... well you get the picture ;)

Yeah, the DNC DW thing will be cool. As for my life being empty without FFXI, I still have Oblivion.. And my dangly parts. I think I can still entertain myself.
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-25 13:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You could have went out and farmed that item yourself from camping the nm, but instead you BOUGHT IT, which paid for the service.

I understand your point, but I have to be more clear I think. When you go to camp your NM, when it pops and you can not claim it, you will understand my whole point. Because of that "service" you don't have your fun, and your item. Instead you go and pay millions of gil that you earned in months with constant playing. It is not fair.

Mafia, hellooo... o/

Edit: And, also I'm talking about the items that you can not have from AH.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-25 13:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shadowknoll said:

I’ve never seen this done in MMO history getting 5 new lvls to xp and not getting new mobs or zones to lvl off . . .

Umm... They did get level increases back when the game was first released... :[

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 13:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You could have went out and farmed that item yourself from camping the nm, but instead you BOUGHT IT, which paid for the service.
I understand your point, but I have to be more clear I think. When you go to camp your NM, when it pops and you can not claim it, you will understand my whole point. Because of that "service" you don't have your fun, and your item. Instead you go and pay millions of gil that you earned in months with constant playing. It is not fair.

What is fun about campin, hoping your friends show up, if they do or don't you may not get claim. If you do or don't, you may get the pity invite, or an invite to be used as free help, but instead of lotting rights, you're taken down by QM or maybe a friend betrays you, and QMs, either way, there will be drama. I've seen less drama using mercs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 13:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if its a non-ahable item or not, if it was AHable it would be on AH and guess what, you would be buying it. I think the main reason you are complaining is because of BOTS or your lack of skill to claim, not the fact that items are merc'd.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 14:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
I’ve never seen this done in MMO history getting 5 new lvls to xp and not getting new mobs or zones to lvl off . . .

50 -> 55 -> 60 -> 65 -> 70 -> 75, IIRC, hence Genkai (Limit breakers/Maat quests, for the newer players.)

They need to make it possible to skill-up while synced, but just keep you capped at sync level. (SE, if you're reading, make it happen.)

BTW, is there a 75 -> 80 genkai?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 14:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes there is.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-25 14:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel the same way though, if I want it that bad and it's R/EX I'd rather just join the ls that goes after it. Makes the game more interesting that way.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 14:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yes there is.

Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 14:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
I feel the same way though, if I want it that bad and it's R/EX I'd rather just join the ls that goes after it. Makes the game more interesting that way.

Then you get your item, you leave, then BOOM! Player Warnings... And maybe Herpes.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-25 14:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:

50 -> 55 -> 60 -> 65 -> 70 -> 75, IIRC, hence Genkai (Limit breakers/Maat quests, for the newer players.)

They need to make it possible to skill-up while synced, but just keep you capped at sync level. (SE, if you're reading, make it happen.)

BTW, is there a 75 -> 80 genkai?

Yep, you just speak to the nomad moogle beside Maat and trade it 5 KS and 3 merits.
 Lakshmi.Icephase
Server: Lakshmi
user: seaxneat
By Lakshmi.Icephase 2010-06-25 14:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why some end gamers don't like the new add-ons is because they can't control the currency and drops to make their 200000000000 gil by exploiting other players for a piece of crap Relic that might drop.

The times have changed!!! Chew on you 100 Byne bills while you can!

This is giving us all the opportunity to exceed in the game fairly. Thank you SE!

Long time waiting!

PS: Don't tell me to lvl up BLM in Sky if I don't like the job. WooHoo.. Don't have to anymore!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-25 14:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

From reading the plethora of complaint threads across the web (a shocking number really, given the small FFXI install base) I've come to the conclusion that these misguided fools are angry that "Progress" towards game "Completion" (Beating the game) is being lost because of new equipment being introduced.(Kind of a stupid reason to gauge completion on, but whatever).

I offer you the wisdom of the sages, passed down to me, from the Grand Tribunal Council of Elders.

You cannot win the game, by even trying to win the game, you have already lost.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 14:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
50 -> 55 -> 60 -> 65 -> 70 -> 75, IIRC, hence Genkai (Limit breakers/Maat quests, for the newer players.) They need to make it possible to skill-up while synced, but just keep you capped at sync level. (SE, if you're reading, make it happen.) BTW, is there a 75 -> 80 genkai?
Yep, you just speak to the nomad moogle beside Maat and trade it 5 KS and 3 merits.

I could have sworn SE said no more level cap quests. But I asked anyway because SE is scatterbrained to all hell. (SE, if you're reading this, I can't help it, it's true.)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-06-25 14:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Icephase said:
PS: Don't tell me to lvl up BLM in Sky if I don't like the job. WooHoo.. Don't have to anymore!

Same.
 Lakshmi.Icephase
Server: Lakshmi
user: seaxneat
By Lakshmi.Icephase 2010-06-25 14:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
From reading the plethora of complaint threads across the web (a shocking number really, given the small FFXI install base) I've come to the conclusion that these misguided fools are angry that "Progress" towards game "Completion" (Beating the game) is being lost because of new equipment being introduced.(Kind of a stupid reason to gauge completion on, but whatever).

I offer you the wisdom of the sages, passed down to me, from the Grand Tribunal Council of Elders.

You cannot win the game, by even trying to win the game, you have already lost.

Exactly right! Spot on! Good quote XD !!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-25 14:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
50 -> 55 -> 60 -> 65 -> 70 -> 75, IIRC, hence Genkai (Limit breakers/Maat quests, for the newer players.) They need to make it possible to skill-up while synced, but just keep you capped at sync level. (SE, if you're reading, make it happen.) BTW, is there a 75 -> 80 genkai?

I could have sworn SE said no more level cap quests. But I asked anyway because SE is scatterbrained to all hell. (SE, if you're reading this, I can't help it, it's true.)

Haha they probably did say something like "Oh yeah, we won't be doing the Maat thing anymore" and just left it open to interpretation. XD

SE: Hmm... what should we do there? *thinks*
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-25 14:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:

Haha they probably did say something like "Oh yeah, we won't be doing the Maat thing anymore" and just left it open to interpretation. XD

Basically. What I heard was that they said there would be a "requirement".
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-25 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Icephase said:
The reason why some end gamers don't like the new add-ons is because they can't control the currency and drops to make their 200000000000 gil by exploiting other players for a piece of crap Relic that might drop.

Thats so true!

But i am still worried for the rest of the ingame economy though.