Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM gear post-update
WHM gear post-update
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-23 14:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, here goes. I've been looking through all the new gear attempting to put together itemsets.

My previous 'goal' set for level 75:
(note, I took out Serket Ring for the succor ring today. Not sure on what to do about rings/earrings right now)

Selenian Cap: MND+6, Cure Potency +3%, Fast Cast
Tatsumaki Sitagoromo: Cure Potency +5%, mp+25, enm-4
Teiwaz: Cure Potency +15%

(35% cure potency total)

The 'goal' set I'm working on for level 80:
(still undecided on second earring)

Selenian Cap: MND+6, Cure Potency +3%, Fast Cast
Tatsumaki Sitagoromo: Cure Potency +5%, mp+25, enm-4
Surya's Staff: Cure Potency +17%
(40% cure potency total)

The second set will change once I find out how hard it is to obtain certain pieces. These sets are meant to be realistic, not dream.

I'm leaving work, so have fun and I'll check back in a couple hours.

Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-23 14:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

OH NOES! you r askin for helpz on gearing teh jobz!!! you dun know how to plaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will happen...just wait
 Asura.Bonlack
Server: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-06-23 15:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering why take out serket which is 20 more MP for -3% damage. Unless you do whm solo i guess. But i like the look of the gear so far^^
By Willsmith 2010-06-23 15:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
OH NOES! you r askin for helpz on gearing teh jobz!!! you dun know how to plaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone is Dubont.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-23 15:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Do you get paid for trolling, because if you do, you should take a pay cut
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-23 15:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

the reason for taking out serket is because of the hp loss. I use devotion and martyr quite a bit. got another gear set to put together when I get home. driving now. I'll elaborate on the sets more then.

excuse poor typing on phone
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-23 15:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

might be hard gear with since dont know the new cures mod also i dunno seeing how /rdm and /sch will work at 80
 Ifrit.Edd
Server: Ifrit
user: Edd
By Ifrit.Edd 2010-06-23 15:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You should also go for a devotion set - can check my profile for an example.

There's also a new converts 70 hp to mp ring which is nice.

I would just macro in mind rings on Cure V (and along the same token, the aslan cape) and keep mp rings for idle (and errant cape for most spells).

Instead of insomnia earring i would personally go for magnetic.
[+]
 Ifrit.Edd
By Ifrit.Edd 2010-06-23 15:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, then maybe an astral earring could be good to max out mp... other than that anything else to max out mp. I think there was a new earring with mp, let me see if I can find it.

(Ethereal earring is the pld one)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-23 15:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

magnetiic iisnt option due to ethereal for pld.

long drive is long
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-23 15:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Edd said:
You should also go for a devotion set - can check my profile for an example. There's also a new converts 70 hp to mp ring which is nice. I would just macro in mind rings on Cure V (and along the same token, the aslan cape) and keep mp rings for idle (and errant cape for most spells). Instead of insomnia earring i would personally go for magnetic.
So many whm's don't do this and I can't understand why. Not only is it good for Devo, but if you have Martyr or if you use Sublimation...it works awesome. My set is ruffly the same but so far I get around 1500hp which gives me about 375 Mp on devotions.

Also kinda works like the pld Hp/cure cheat if you have a tank low on the hate list just swap to HP gears and have him Cure you before you do Devo..works wonders!
 Ifrit.Edd
By Ifrit.Edd 2010-06-23 15:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
magnetiic iisnt option due to ethereal for pld.

long drive is long
Quit texting on your phone while you're driving!

Lol Krizz drive safe!

Found the earring!
Graiai Earring

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ifrit.Edd said:
You should also go for a devotion set - can check my profile for an example. There's also a new converts 70 hp to mp ring which is nice. I would just macro in mind rings on Cure V (and along the same token, the aslan cape) and keep mp rings for idle (and errant cape for most spells). Instead of insomnia earring i would personally go for magnetic.
So many whm's don't do this and I can't understand why. Not only is it good for Devo, but if you have Martyr or if you use Sublimation...it works awesome. My set is ruffly the same but so far I get around 1500hp which gives me about 375 Mp on devotions.

Also kinda works like the pld Hp/cure cheat if you have a tank low on the hate list just swap to HP gears and have him Cure you before you do Devo..works wonders!

Yeah its real nice - The downsides are that it takes a Cure V to get to max hp and it lowers my max mp quite a bit - but the upside of giving the pld 400 mp far outweighs those downsides by far. Usually I swap gear when the pld has 80-100 mp left to let them cure me to full to get them more hate.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-23 16:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I do drive safe. Checking this thread actually helped keep me awake on the drive. My last post was delayed because of how long it took me to type. The first one was typed without looking at the screen, hence the horrible post I'm about to edit.

I've got to make the itemset I mentioned, and then I'll get back to replying to posts.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-23 16:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternate 80 set:
1% less potency for 15% more cure casting time

Edit: add the Owleyes to the other and can idle in it
 Ifrit.Edd
By Ifrit.Edd 2010-06-23 18:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Owleyes is sweet, hopefully it isn't too much of a pain to get. Remember spell casting caps at 50%, so depending on your merits and sub job and other gear you might not need both the feet and neck.

Also Aceso's Choker gives -4 VIT which will hurt Cure V.
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-06-23 18:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't cast in it. Cure cast time takes effect precast. Finish with fylgja or a MND neck.

Start in cure clogs and aceso, finish in fylgja and blessed or what have you.

I suggest augur's over serpentes for curing. Serpentes is nice for idle I suppose. Can swap out Vivid's for a reign too. Vivid's is also precast.

And replace serket's ring with another mind ring. Keep succor for idle MP and for the -PDT.

Could still use more MND, but these improvements are good enough.
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-06-23 18:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For curing. Can take out some MND slots and add -ENM if you find yourself pulling hate. Replace marduk with blessed or errant.

Decent idle set mostly based around what you have/could get.

Precast set

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-24 07:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use spellcast so a lot of the precast/midcast stuff isn't worth the hassle or delay of in game macros.

As far as the -4 vit on the neck goes, I've already factored that in. With the rest of the build factored in, for my race and subjob, it only makes a 11 point difference with cure V. 10% faster cast for 11 points is worth it if the speed is needed.

Let me make something clear, these aren't ideal sets. These aren't made with the highest possible cures in mind. These are balanced sets.

Also, they are realistic sets.

Roundel earring? Yeah, I don't have 3m laying around to drop on a single piece of gear. That belongs in my dream set.

Celestial Earring? Never seen it on Ramuh. The NQ version is 2m. Again, part of the dream set.

I have Rajas ring from CoP so Tamas is out of the question.

Edit: Neptune's Ring is a nice MND ring as well. Hopefully not too hard to come across.