Move the Windy OP warp taru back PLEASE
First Page 2
 Fairy.Nirrvana
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-02 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone else find the new location of the op warp taru (outside port res) as inconvenient as I do? It's not near signet, fishing guild, warp tarus and it generally OUT OF MY WAY as I run around windy.
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-01-02 11:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

on the contrary i find it very convenient, although i hate having to go to windurst woods for signet. it sure beats running across a whole zone for OP warps and then all the way back when i'm warped home.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-02 11:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, it is more convenient aside from the signet. Anybody have any idea why they decided to change it though?
 Garuda.Noitti
Server: Garuda
user: tokidoki
By Garuda.Noitti 2009-01-02 11:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

not that hard to get a signet staff. :p the new op warp location is easier to get to kings though.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-02 11:57:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't move around Windy too much so the new location is far more convinient for me. The only reason I go to Windy is for OP. Signet is a minor issue, I don't get signet too often.
 Leviathan.Alibooboo
Server: Leviathan
user: alibooboo
By Leviathan.Alibooboo 2009-01-02 12:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Its perfect where it is now it, they just need to place everyone near him like in the past. And adding a signet guy near him will also make sense but when has SE every did anything smart.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-01-02 12:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandy one bugs Me alot normaly when going to Sandy, I dnt need2 go 2 my mog house, And normaly get signet> Warp out
 Shiva.Stunx
Server: Shiva
user: Bungie
By Shiva.Stunx 2009-01-02 12:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

man where its at owns so hard. i got allot of gear and keep allot of it in storage and with the new pos its easy as hell to change to the jobs that use equip from storage.

and the other warp npcs comment, its not hard to just enter ur mog and exit to any area(asuming u did that quest).

if ur high enough rank u only need to get signet like 1 time a day? maybe 2 for a no lifer?

what I'd like to see is the WG warp npc in windy woods moved next to the OP npc in port XD.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Kep
Server: Seraph
user: Kepnerd1
By Seraph.Kep 2009-01-02 15:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they just need to move signet person to the same spot.
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-04 03:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the placement of the Sandy elvaan, normally I would have to zone outside and run around to get to southern faster then walking in town.
 Garuda.Fishheadman
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Fishheadman 2009-01-04 04:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

YES! I'm glad to see other ppl not liking the windy warp taru move. Before i could walk out to W Saru right away now i have to run all the way through port windy. Not to mention it ruins the hole principle of the other strategically placed warp taru's for quick access to all areas in windy.

Please move it back SE!
 Leviathan.Fyekuhi
user: Fyekuhi
By Leviathan.Fyekuhi 2009-01-04 06:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:
on the contrary i find it very convenient, although i hate having to go to windurst woods for signet. it sure beats running across a whole zone for OP warps and then all the way back when i'm warped home.

You all realize you can OP to any zone that your nation controls get signet and OP warp back.....omg its so hard ; ; you have to run 2 feet. start using your heads before you start complaining on a forum that has no control over what SE does
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-04 10:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it alright, but I really did like it back when it was by the warptaru to the Windurst Walls AH^^
 Lakshmi.Badkarma
Server: Lakshmi
user: BK
By Lakshmi.Badkarma 2009-01-04 10:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the new bastok position owns hard
 Pandemonium.Shinrai
user: Shinrai
By Pandemonium.Shinrai 2009-01-06 17:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you don't hear anybody complaining about Bastok, lol. Bastok Mines is the best town zone in the game now.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-07 01:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with that lol, im bastok and i frequently go to bastok... daily but i have no use for bastok mines whatsoever, all my buisiness is in metalworks and markets, gold/smithing guilds.

bastok mines is a horribly designed zone to say the least not as bad as the entire area of windurst though what can i say, *** running aorund alot.

Im glad my guilds are in more sensible zones if i had to run all the way back where the alchemy guild is in mines i would kick babies.
 Asura.Lordwafik
Server: Asura
user: Lordwafik
By Asura.Lordwafik 2009-01-11 04:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastok mines has everything in the one zone aside from 2 guilds and equipment NPC.

3 steps from mog house to the OP, 3 steps from there to the AH, 3 steps from there to signet.

Bastok mines is the new Vegas.
 Bahamut.Silvarion
Server: Bahamut
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2009-01-11 05:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastok warp guy now in kinda in front of MH, THAT is really nice,
much better than MW b4
 Leviathan.Cymmina
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2009-01-11 10:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who got rank 10 in all nations (home country Bastok, main tradeskill Alchemy), I'm going to have to say the old locations for Windy and Sandy were absolutely awful. I can't believe anyone would prefer that long and winding path all the way through Port Windurst just to consider it a "convenience" to be placed next to the signet guy. The new locations save a considerable amount of time for people who OP frequently (completing missions, home pointing, etc.). The old Sandy location was just as bad.

If it's really that big of an inconvenience, get a signet stick from your CP.

I suppose you want them to remove auto-sorting and other fine conveniences they've added because you're used to "old way" while you shout "get off my lawn!"?
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-11 11:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i was xping on pets lower tower, with a friend, and u know how it works... agros around sometimes do the stangest things. Anyway we died a couple of times and we just HP and head back in less than a minute. Its great no having to walk all of port windy just to get back to camp.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-01-11 11:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its quite convenient where SE placed the Outpost Warp Taru in Windurst, right next to the MH is a nice touch.

Hated having to make that annoyingly inconvenient run from the other side of the Port to the MH, i believe the new positions are quite adequate in terms of convinience for people.

Not really been a San'dorian so i can't comment on that Outpost warper but i used to be Bastokian and the old OP used to be quite awful as i remember.

I'm quite glad about the move of NPC, its a lot better for people who warp often and want to do so fastly and conveniently.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-11 12:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm freaking ecstatic they moved the outpost warp NPC's, I'm a San d'Orian, and I outpost a LOT as I bounce around Vana'Diel doing all kinds of stuff, so running all the way through Northern Sandy or zoning out from Southern and running around outside (and thus sitting through loading screens 3 times in like 2 minutes) really sucked. The old Sandy location just sucked. It's funny, actually, that little area where he used to be was always full of people before the move, now NOBODY goes over there at all. I can almost imagine tumbleweeds just bouncing around out there...

So yeah, in Sandy anyways, like a 2 second walk from Mog House to both outpost warp and warp out to Aht Urhgan makes me very happy... ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-13 10:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I agree. I like all of the npc changes.
And sure, it costs a little more gil to op out to an area, get signet, and op back.. But it lasts 11+ hours and sure as heck beats runnin from an area no one visits.
Though.. It is farther from my WW guild should I ever do GP again. >.>
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2009-01-13 12:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Great for me, I like to travel fast from Aht to exp parties or w/e and this is just perfect.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-01-13 12:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though I'd rather see the OP taru back in his original place, it's nice to be able to quickly move from Aht Urhgan to Signet areas. I just personally have to make more of a conscious effort to get Signet. Instead of picking up Signet before OPing out of Windy like I did previously, I now have to job change to THF/BLM, flee over the Signet guard in Windurst Woods, warp back to MH, job change again, and zone out to Port Windy. It's annoying to have to job change and zone multiple times just for Signet (even though it's worth it).

I'm not gonna lie, I also miss the walk through Port Windurst to the OP/Signet tarus. It's a pleasant zone that brings back some childhood memories for me. Now, unless it's one of the rare occasions when I'm heading to the Fishing Guild or out to Campaign, I never see the zone anymore.

I'm glad I finished leveling the last of my subjobs before the change.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-01-13 14:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Move windy back but leave bastok where it is!! <3 the new bastok place!
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-01-13 14:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a Warp Taru (one above the AH at that), Signet NPC close, and a close exit to Sarutabaruta (Maw acess) was really convenient to have close together, especially after getting to windy from the (paid) Warp Taru in Whitegate. Sure, getting him close to MH is convenient too, but id rather him stayed on his old Pos. :(
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-01-13 15:16:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

These NPCs are always going to work better for some than others because people do different things in the game. Whether it's a guild, an auction house, your favorite homepoint, or the NPC that warps you to and from Whitegate, everyone is going to be at a different point in the game. No matter what position these NPCs are in, it'll favor some more than others. And if a person's playing habits change, that may evolve as well. The fact is, no matter where the NPCs are in the entire city, it is more convenient to use them than to get to the outposts by either walking, Chocobo, Teleport, or any combination thereof. They could stick the NPC in the basement of Heaven's Tower, and it's still more convenient than the alternative. Unless you have your HP set at an outpost and you can just Warp to it, there's nothing faster. Considering how many years SE made people Bazaar in Batallia Downs or go to their home nation to use the NPC to teleport to Whitegate, I doubt they are concerned with a 60 second inconvenience regarding the placement of Signet NPCs.

I think SE was more interested in making the NPC easier to find. They aren't concerned with how long it takes you to run across town.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-13 15:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy way to get signet.

From Whitegate:
Teleport to Home Nation. Go to 2.

From Home Nation:

OP to city outside of home nation. (100gil unless your nation fails)

Eg.
Windy : Sarutabaruta |
Bastok : Gustaberg | However I think Bastok's NPC is perfect.
San d'Oria : Ronfaure |

Grab Signet from Conquest Overseer, and teleport back to Home (100gil)

Faster than running around to get Signet from the usual gate guards and when you teleport back it places you back at the op teleporter.

Enjoy.

Or 3.

Buy a damn staff :).
First Page 2