Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 36 37 38
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-13 08:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Protip: Unless you're really lucky, don't try to join a exp alliance with less than 2 stones.
and when you do, PLEASE don't kill the mobs unless you're a mage.

[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 08:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'd get a thf and screw tp feed. The nm really doesn't hit that hard. I can't count the number of times our kinda badly geared pld just sat at <400 because of max hp down and most the time me having to erase and cure him back just to have it use the move again

Still went 2/2
HP down isn't an issue if you get the stat boost at the entrance. I require my group to get MP for mages and HP for melees from now on. The AOE debuff 'has no effect' if you have the appropriate boosts.

Like I said, we don't have a THF. It's not a pickup group.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-13 08:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm saying is it wasn't an issue anyways. Even with tp feeding and a mediocre tank.

Not sure what pickup has to do with anything but do you really not have a lvl 45+ thf in all your people?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 08:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Not sure what pickup has to do with anything but do you really not have a lvl 45 thf in all your people?
I don't think anyone has it over 40 even for a subjob. I did look the other day and noticed we didn't have a 75THF at all.

I was recruiting last night, and would've had a THF if they didn't decide to dictate what jobs they would be on for a NM run. I understand wanting to be certain jobs on the XP runs ( I accommodate that), but not NMs unless it improves the strat.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-13 08:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What about bst? I heard new pet possible has TH2+.

Well get a dang TH2+!!! Not like there aren't a bunch of people with it all over the place
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 08:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
What about bst? I heard new pet possible has TH2 .

Well get a dang TH2 !!! Not like there aren't a bunch of people with it all over the place
Wait, what? (To answer the question, we do have a BST)

Eh, like I said, I was working on it last night. Trying to recruit people I know and have done events with before I do outside recruiting. Getting tired of recruiting people who end up only showing up for a single run.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-13 09:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Dipper_Yuly

Also I have a 75 thf I haven't gotten to use in any event in forever
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-07-13 09:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if i was on your server i'd join. Been looking for a static but all i have got are pick ups so far.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 09:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Dipper_Yuly

Also I have a 75 thf I haven't gotten to use in any event in forever
That's awesome if it turns out to be true.

Edit:
Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
if i was on your server i'd join. Been looking for a static but all i have got are pick ups so far.
lol, thanks
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-13 10:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Khyal said:
Yes for the doubters, xp in Abyssea is sick.
once you are getting up to 600xp per kill you will get about 80k/hour! Yes, eighty thousand.

By that point you are probably capped on xp and now capping your merits and not wanting to go change jobs because it will reset your chain. lmao

Join an experience points alliance shout now!

That's freaking rediculous O.o;; And here I thought getting 30k/hr before was an achievement.

AND KHYAL HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? :D IT'S BEEN A WHILE!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 10:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
A question about lights.

Are they mutually exclusive? Meaning if you gain 1 light, you lose the other?

Example, I have Azure Light engaged, and someone kill a mob with a weapon skill and triggers ruby light, is the Azure light now lost, or is it a combination of both?
I think it works like this:

Azure, ruby, and pearlescent lights all influence the drop % of their respective chests. Thus, if you have a light at a sufficient level then increasing the power of another light can indirectly weaken it. I'm not 100% sure on this part, as I've only eyeballed blue chest droprate before and during periods where we were focusing on raising ruby to get gold, silver, and ebon lights. It did seem like the % of blue chests was slightly reduced though - not nearly enough to stop our party, but it was there. Lights come very easily once built up sufficiently though, so getting azure light after focusing on ruby for a bit isn't much trouble.

Gold, silver, and ebon lights increase independently of the first three and don't seem to weaken. You get the exp/cruor bonus, it's there to stay. Not sure if you lose the bonus when you reset chain though.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-07-13 11:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Protip: Unless you're really lucky, don't try to join a exp alliance with less than 2 stones.
and when you do, PLEASE don't kill the mobs unless you're a mage.

Melee's... just dont listen on this server you try and tell them let the blm get kill for azure light and what do they do? Tachi:Gekko.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 11:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Melee's... just dont listen
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I didn't add Barcarolle Medal to the list when it was found. Not sure why or how since it's on my master list for my group. I'll add it again in a few when I add Matre Bragezenn.

Edit: Poroggo Dom Juan and Hadhayosh respectively.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-13 11:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That baracolle medal is so bad.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 11:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
good bad or bad bad?

I'm just a WHM and almost a PLD.

Edit: I know it's a good piece in itself, just not how it compares to other neck for BRD.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-13 11:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad bad
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 11:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
good bad or bad bad?

Edit: I know it's a good piece in itself, just not how it compares to other neck for BRD.
Wind Torque and to a lesser extent Piper's Torque
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 11:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/themoreyouknow.jpg

Got it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-13 11:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can "Confirm" (Not really possible with a luck based trait like TH/THII) that Dipper Yuly does indeed grant a Treasure Hunter II effect. 400 Gobbue's in the Boyahda Tree is hardly compelling proof in the grand scheme of things, but the drop rate of Wisteria Lumber went up from 12% with Standard Charmed Korrigans to 20% With 1 BST using Dipper Yuly.

Eyeballing is never the way to go, but Moss and Tree Cuttings as well were dropping like crystals.

As for light effects in Abyssea, it seems that Light Effect constantly restacks with one another, and doesn't actually weaken, as long as you keep killing the same group of Monsters (Family is misleading, as you could kill 1 set of Gigas and then another and experience the family chain reset).

I'll test this more when I take some dudes to go farm Varangian Helms/Cruror/Exp on Ob'Xzomit/Khalamari later. Assuming the Briareu's triggers don't eat up all the time...
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-07-13 12:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We did on July 12 Early morning 1am EST a run with Elgorian, Arnuya, and the Pwr's from our LS among other people from other Linkshels like Joreno, Eespikes, Alicevirgin, Pyschopompus, Caiine, Gamisra, among others for a total of 18/18 alliance.

We went to frog camp L-10 to find ourselves surrounded by 3x alliances (everyone fighting for pops) so the first 1/2 hour was a bit disorganized and stressfull. But as time passed by and other alliances were bumped out we got to enjoy a steady pace of XP/Cruor from 120XP escalating to 250-280XP. Myself and Gamisra were fishing "Crap" 1-2x at a time in order to keep alliance busy on 2x at all times. Among chest desiganted people pushing up to 1k Cruor and 1,250XP from time to time and 2x 10 mins time extensions we were able to fetch 6k+ cruor and about 40k-50k XP. So far I focused in leading alliances into FROG Camp "Crapaudy" and killing for 19-20 Cr per Toad. I think the cruor amount was low and this is because the "Crapaudy" drop about 20Cr per kill, so most Cruor will come from the chests.

OK here are some things you should know about these mobs:

"Crapaudy" Crappy Toads They do link
Party config: 18/18 (2x DD's with WHM's healers + 1 mage party with 4-5 nukers and refresher... is good to have a BLM's .. SCH .. COR in such 6/6 mage party.

Good: They don't have TP moves, and die quick
Bad: Low Cr drop and no NM toad to kill for extra XP/Cr.

Pixies "Farfadet"
I have also done the Fairy "Farfadet" camp along with NM Baba Yaga which drops Aristo Belt.
I have been able to sell them 2x in AH for about 90k each.
The Farfadet drop about 30-50Cruor each.

Good: They don't link, easy to kill, and drop 30-50+ Cruor each
The NM can be poped every 5 minutes with a Peacious Scale on the ??? and the XP/Cr varies from 800XP+/250Cr to 1,300XP+/450Cr.
Bad: Aeroaga, and Aero, Stun, and Sleepga.

Party config: 18/18 (3x DD's with WHM's on each party, BLM's and RDM are welcome to nuke and refresh)
WHM must have /ma "Baraera" <me> /wait 4 /ma "Barsleepra" <me> macroed, as well as curaga lvl1 vs. sleep. Comes in handy.

Myth/Fact... I have heard of other alliances doing 12k-21k Cruor in a single run sometimes up to 4-5hrs depending on chests and time extensions.

Is recommended everyone have 3x Stones! I don't have a set time to do Abyssea I will generally ask anyone in LS (our social LS) if they want to join, and fill up the rest with anyone LFG in Whitegate who meet the level and job Citeria for designated Camp. Just /sea all pwr and I'll get your name down.
All my runs are FREELOT on NM or Chest items but please no lotting on seals as it will distract the focus from the main goal>>> XP/Cr non-stop fighting.

regards,

PWR!
 Fenrir.Elytonas
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-13 13:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a run today, went in with 90 minutes.
Came out with 251 minutes left, 10 merits, lvl79 => lvl80 on BST and 27k more cruors. (Was in Tahrongi Canyon, Mandragoras)

Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-13 13:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Came out with 251 minutes left, 10 merits, lvl79 => lvl80 on BST and 27k more cruors. (Was in Tahrongi Canyon, Mandragoras)

What was the basic set up of your alliance and did you deliver the kill-shot with melee or magic damage?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-13 13:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
good bad or bad bad?

Wind Torque and to a lesser extent Piper's Torque

Thing is for wind based debuffs both are better, and buffs wind torque is better. Unless you're seriously lacking in CHR (Which you shouldn't be assuming you have the easy to obtain pieces like Jesters +1 and a Gleemans belt) that medal has absolutely no use. Even with less than 100 chr, I'm pretty sure the wind torque would still show favourable results.

For it's difficulty to obtain, I'm not sure what SE was thinking adding it, Makes me think it may have a hidden effect or something.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-13 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Elytonas said:

Additional time over 120mins is lost upon exit.
 Fenrir.Elytonas
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-13 13:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

@Gira

Uhm... We had 5BLM, 1BRD, 2PLD, 2WHM, 1COR, 7DDs.

We didn't really care who did the final blow.

-
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Elytonas said:

Additional time over 120mins is lost upon exit.

Yeah I know, but I was able to spent the next 251 minutes in Abyssea D:.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 13:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, kill shot isn't as big of an issue when you have a balanced alliance. It's more important when you have lower numbers.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 14:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Thing is for wind based debuffs both are better, and buffs wind torque is better. Unless you're seriously lacking in CHR (Which you shouldn't be assuming you have the easy to obtain pieces like Jesters 1 and a Gleemans belt) that medal has absolutely no use. Even with less than 100 chr, I'm pretty sure the wind torque would still show favourable results.
That was my point.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-13 16:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been answered or not yet, the last few pages have somewhat exploded faster than I have time to read.

What effect do NMs have on your light progress? If you're killing imps for instance, and Bakka pops, I would assume that killing Bakka is not going to be an issue. And if you're killing funguars, and pop the funguar NM, again, I would assume that it's not going to interfere with your progress, but what about something like bugards? For some odd reason, bugards (in Konschtat) drop a pop item for a hippogryph NM. Is that counted as part of the bugard group and therefor won't effect your progress, or do NM's interrupt your progress even if they ARE the same type?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-13 16:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Not sure if this has been answered or not yet, the last few pages have somewhat exploded faster than I have time to read.

What effect do NMs have on your light progress? If you're killing imps for instance, and Bakka pops, I would assume that killing Bakka is not going to be an issue. And if you're killing funguars, and pop the funguar NM, again, I would assume that it's not going to interfere with your progress, but what about something like bugards? For some odd reason, bugards (in Konschtat) drop a pop item for a hippogryph NM. Is that counted as part of the bugard group and therefor won't effect your progress, or do NM's interrupt your progress even if they ARE the same type?
NMs interrupt the XP chain, even if they are of the same family.

As far as lights go, not sure if your chests would go back to being tier 1, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Edit: Did you see my last post that was a direct response to you? Wasn't sure if my explanation answered your question then.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 36 37 38