Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 36 37 38
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2010-06-30 13:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Some speculation on the glowing - I noticed that when you kill monsters in abyssea you don't get chains for kills. It seems to me instead of chains we get a stronger glow. Has anyone else noticed this?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just above the mobs head? ***, I've probably missed a dozen weaknesses already. Hope someone works out a pattern though, otherwise it's just going to be a case of spamming through your spell list.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 13:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xexferra said:
If you are keeping a list, The Eft nm In Tahrongi gave !! when our sams weaponskilled, maybe magic weaponskill. Not sure which one they were using but I will try and ask them tonight if they are on.
I'm not personally keeping a list right now, but I can repost it over on BG so it's noted there.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 13:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:
Some speculation on the glowing - I noticed that when you kill monsters in abyssea you don't get chains for kills. It seems to me instead of chains we get a stronger glow. Has anyone else noticed this?
This is how I thought it was SUPPOSED to work, but when we killed a few dozen bunnies the other day we kept getting a "feeble ruby glow" each time. No matter how many we killed it didn't seem to change. The exp/cruor did increase ever so slightly over time, but the glow stayed the same (90% certain 80% certain 60% certain I think).
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2010-06-30 13:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalekka said:
Asura.Rule said:
at last nights abyssea i noticed a glitch, it kept telling people that they leveled up to the level they were already. so level 80 people were obtaining 80 again for no reason. It usually happened 2~6 people at a time

That happened to me the other day in there. I de-lvl'd to 78 when I went in w/ a small LS group to explore (we tried fighting the little mini treant in the konschtat area....yeah. 7 people is not enough for that little *** btw...unless we just had a crap set up)...when I RR'd myself i had my lvl back, but after the next fight it showed me the level up animation.

This happened to me too. I thought it was
Asura.Chefm said:
Asura.Kalekka said:
Asura.Rule said:
at last nights abyssea i noticed a glitch, it kept telling people that they leveled up to the level they were already. so level 80 people were obtaining 80 again for no reason. It usually happened 2~6 people at a time
That happened to me the other day in there. I de-lvl'd to 78 when I went in w/ a small LS group to explore (we tried fighting the little mini treant in the konschtat area....yeah. 7 people is not enough for that little *** btw...unless we just had a crap set up)...when I RR'd myself i had my lvl back, but after the next fight it showed me the level up animation.

Maybe thats why there a Maintenance for abyssea areas. Any info?
because we put on level sync and then took it off.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2010-06-30 13:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting from my phone so that last post got a bit screwed up.
 Phoenix.Xexferra
Server: Phoenix
user: xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-06-30 13:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a theory about the glow, but maybe to get key item you need to progress through phases like killing enough creatures gets you feeble, then opening a chest gets you something stronger, then killing an nm gets you the strongest, etc. Could even be based on killing blows, where because you aren't using the same killing blow each time the light isn't progressing... at this point it could be anything but just throwing out ideas.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 14:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Just a theory about the glow, but maybe to get key item you need to progress through phases like killing enough creatures gets you feeble, then opening a chest gets you something stronger, then killing an nm gets you the strongest, etc. Could even be based on killing blows, where because you aren't using the same killing blow each time the light isn't progressing... at this point it could be anything but just throwing out ideas.
Well theory is you get the key item once you reach the strongest glow. The problem is how to get that peek glow consistently.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-06-30 16:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be pretty proud of yourself Kriss w/ all you've acomplished in this thread. It's really helpful to the community. Can I ask you a favor? I can't find the map you posted of Abyssea - Tahrongi. I'm trying to find the pudding camps (I don't remember if it was Tahrongi or another zone).
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-30 16:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said:
You must be pretty proud of yourself Kriss w/ all you've acomplished in this thread. It's really helpful to the community. Can I ask you a favor? I can't find the map you posted of Abyssea - Tahrongi. I'm trying to find the pudding camps (I don't remember if it was Tahrongi or another zone).

The puddings are in Abys-Konshtat way up near the dunes.
By Majae 2010-06-30 16:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95053

Check this thread on BG - has tons of good info/maps.
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-30 16:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't know if its related but i know our first run we killed a series of mobs, then moved to a different set, after killing some more and getting the glow messages we had received a key item, from what i remember the log says that it reduces xp loss when you die in abyssea but i will have to SS it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 16:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Leviathan.Jekyll said:
The puddings are in Abys-Konshtat way up near the dunes.
There is actually a thread about this from last night. With the Matt/macc drink I was able to kill with AM2 +T4 without day/weather lantern etc.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 17:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rule said:
i don't know if its related but i know our first run we killed a series of mobs, then moved to a different set, after killing some more and getting the glow messages we had received a key item, from what i remember the log says that it reduces xp loss when you die in abyssea but i will have to SS it.
which mobs?

Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-01 03:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How do we get the Viridian abyssite of avarice?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-07-01 04:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question that I don't think anyone mentioned, but has anyone gotten any awesome augmented items from chests yet? We got 2 from a blue chest earlier, one had Gilfinder+1 on it, a Tarutaru Sash, the other was a piece that had Fire resistance+2 (lol).
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-01 05:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, did some looking about, seems you can get key item for 4 stones holding for 120 minute run but is also 2 stone duration key items too for 3 minutes extra each stone for 132 minute run?

Plus the being able to go in use stones and exit and grab more stones thing I been hearing about.

So in a sense could get 264 minute run?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-01 05:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I've not read through the thread, was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes the force pop NM's ??? to repop? (The ones you use regular items to pop)
Good question. I have no idea. Nobody who has reported popping a NM with trigs stuck around to do it again.

I'll have to stick around near one next time I go in. Would be nice to know if you have a group of people looking for a specific item from a NM.

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet or not, but after wiping to one of the Gigas NM's in La Theine, I went back to it's pop spot to repull it but it had already depopped. Took ~5min for it's ??? to repop.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-01 05:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Runs appear to be capped at 120, so I'm not sure how that will effect the key items that extend your stay and allow you to carry more. Even without leaving the zone to get more stones, that would already allow you to go for 132 minutes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-01 06:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Visitant Status
The "visitant" status is essential for those wishing to journey within Abyssea. You will be permitted to remain there only while this status is active. Upon arrival in Abyssea, speak with a "Conflux Surveyor" NPC posted nearby to be granted visitant status in exchange for traverser stones. One stone will allow you a 30-minute stay (Earth time), with 120 minutes being the maximum permitted duration. Methods exist that allow players to extend their visitant duration.

*Players must acquire visitant status within five minutes (Earth time) of arriving in Abyssea. Failure to do so will result in automatic expulsion.
*Visitant duration continues to decrease even after log out. Players who log in to Abyssea when their visitant status has already worn off will find themselves instantly expelled.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5578/detail.html
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-01 06:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The mystery here is that sentence just after the part you bolded. Does that mean it an be extended past the 120 minute limit? Peoples experiences so far suggest no, while the key items you can get suggest yes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 06:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Because SE official messages are always 100% accurate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-01 06:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it has do something with Cruors, but no one knows. I've seen a chat in LS mentioned they can extended their timer with Cruors. I will ask next time when I log in the game.
By Meowzer 2010-07-01 06:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
I believe it has do something with Cruors, but no one knows. I've seen a chat in LS mentioned they can extended their timer with Cruors. I will ask next time when I log in the game.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ivory_Abyssite_of_Sojourn
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-01 06:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

can anybody confirm that its 3m bonus per stone with key item...cuz seriously...thats horrendous for 6k cruor....

edit: also has anybody done the quest to get the 4th stone....details... plz
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-01 06:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Another question that I don't think anyone mentioned, but has anyone gotten any awesome augmented items from chests yet? We got 2 from a blue chest earlier, one had Gilfinder 1 on it, a Tarutaru Sash, the other was a piece that had Fire resistance 2 (lol).

i got a dark ring with magic damage taken -2%...does that count? (i totally NPCed it for 33.8k gil though....SCORE!) lol
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-01 07:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
can anybody confirm that its 3m bonus per stone with key item...cuz seriously...thats horrendous for 6k cruor.... edit: also has anybody done the quest to get the 4th stone....details... plz

I can't confirm the bonus being 3 minutes I just read 3 minutes in forums but I can confirm the 4th stone key item thing is mob drop, saw a screenshot of that one either here or BG. Lsmate has 1 of the xp reduction key items himself.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-01 07:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got exp reduction key item, just dropped from a regular mob (or maybe an ephemeral limule, but w/e).
 Odin.Nanolino
user: Nanolino
By Odin.Nanolino 2010-07-01 07:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we saw puddings in tahrongi too, passed them while we were on the way to sandworm
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-07-01 07:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a 90 minute run in Abyssea La theine. Got 2790 cruor and killed the fairy NM 6 times. Only got 1 Belt.

Edit: that was with a full (18) alliance
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 36 37 38