Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 36 37 38
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-29 03:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably broken, enjoy it while it lasts.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-06-29 04:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@blazza well how many people did you fight them with? and how much curor did they give ur party, for each kill?
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-06-29 04:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder if gil finder give more curor
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-29 04:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

just two, blu and rdm. As it seems like party size doesn't effect exp/cruor drops, there's not much point low manning it though I think, may as well go in with an alliance and rape ***.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 06:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Titan.Lillica said:
Is there any limit to how much time you can stack up inside? I know when I went with my friends I had 114 minutes because of my first stone. Could you go in get 90 minutes on the clock, then go back 3 days later and have a 180 minute run?

when you zone in you tell the npc how many stones you want to use

each stone is 30minutes, so 30,60,90

Cant have 180 minutes run
The max time is 120 minutes. Turn in three stones, return to jeuno, get more stones, return to abyssea, add a stone to your remaining time.

I did it last night.
Odin.Blazza said:
And Krizz, this is just a theory, but I'm thinking the cost to teleport to the Confluxes is based on how far away they are from your current Conflux.
You are correct. That's how I estimated what the other confluxes would cost that I don't have unlocked yet.

Edit: However, what you can do is get 3 stones, turn them in for 90 minutes, go back to Jeuno, get 3 more stones (if enough time has elapsed), go back to abyssea, exit with 10 minutes remaining, reenter and use 3 more stones for a 80 minute session plus 100 minute session back to back.

Remember, the one hour wait only applies if you leave with less than 5 minutes remaining.
 Leviathan.Darkmod
Server: Leviathan
user: darkmod
By Leviathan.Darkmod 2010-06-29 09:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately all im concerned with currently is getting in and buying some perle or whatnot gear and selling it before the prices drop drastically.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 09:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Darkmod said:
Unfortunately all im concerned with currently is getting in and buying some perle or whatnot gear and selling it before the prices drop drastically.
That's the majority of what my group is going for. To use though, not just to sell. Otherwise it's actually a pretty short list so far on NM drops that are currently wanted.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 10:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestions on what I should call my guildportal site for my group? We're not actually creating a new LS for Abyssea, but we want a place to communicate wants, plans, etc.

I don't mind a lulz name, but I don't want it to be something I'm going to be tired of seeing in a day or two.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-29 10:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

An easy way to get cruor is to fish up those rusty items at the h6 camp in La Theine. There's a guy right behind the pond who buys rusty kunais for 120 and rusty spears for 240. There's pretty much nothing else in the pond besides monsters, tho i did see someone fish up a Pelazoea which maybe be due to some combination of fishing rod/lure. I however was just using a shrimp lure and composite fishing rod which worked well enough.

Pond is at H6 i believe and the camp is just north down inside the canyon.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 10:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
An easy way to get cruor is to fish up those rusty items at the h6 camp in La Theine. There's a guy right behind the pond who buys rusty kunais for 120 and rusty spears for 240. There's pretty much nothing else in the pond besides monsters, tho i did see someone fish up a Pelazoea which maybe be due to some combination of fishing rod/lure. I however was just using a shrimp lure and composite fishing rod which worked well enough.

Have you done this since the emergency maint? I heard the cruor reward was gimped.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 10:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A good read from a DRG thread I stumbled across while running a search:
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Resilient Mane isn't a key item--that pop set you're referencing is completely different. Both the mane and whisker are rare-tagged items. The rare-tagged triggers are regular drops from the associated family with a rather high drop rate, or can randomly be found in treasure caskets. Key items drop from NMs, such as the overgrown flower and the sandworm tooth, and are used to pop other NMs (tiered system, like most of FFXI).

Chipped Sandworm Tooth likely comes from Minhocao, as opposed to Glavoid (there are two NM Sandworms in Abyssea-Tahrongi, Glavoid being the one that drops ex items for Empyrean dagger and the key item Sandworm Husk for another ??? pop, and is required to defeat for the Tahrongi quest).

To sum it up, kill Pachypodiums for a humus trigger, pop Gancanagh and kill it. If it doesn't give you the key item "Overgrown Mandragora Flower," farm more humus and keep popping the NM until you get it. Then kill Minhocao (timed pop NM) until you get the key item from that.

Then you can pop Chloris with the two key items, which of course will be used up. Expect to take 25-50 weeks to finish the trial (really, if the drop rate is anything like VNM T3 drops, I'd say it's about 1.75 drops average with a THF), assuming your LS dedicates 7 stones a week to your weapon and manages to get both key items and defeats Chloris once a week (which is really hoping for much, because you have to wait on Minhocao's repop, which is unknown as far as I know (less than 48 hours for sure)). If your LS can't/doesn't want to go through that effort once a week or wants to spend their limited Abyssea time doing something else, expect to take over a year.

Luckily, the Minhocao and Gancanagh could be killed with a skilled party of six or less, but would however be time consuming. Carabosse took 15 to kill, however, so I'd expect Chloris to be somewhat similar in terms of difficulty. You could take your own set to get the key items, then ask your LS to kill Chloris for you.

But saying you are intending to upgrade a Rhongomiant is like saying you are upgrading a relic/mythic. Realize that these aren't going to be any easier, and are probably going to get harder the more trials are released. If you don't plan on reaching the final stage in the very, very end, you may want to eventually look for another weapon, because by the next upcoming updates, Oathkeeper itself will probably get outdated by other drops/trial weapons. Kartika (DMG dagger, right before Empyrean dagger) is trash now (not that it was even that great before, but other dagger trials keep getting better and are easier to do, whereas Kartika got better but is much harder to do), and some of the weapons that drop from Abyssean NMs (Plaga scythe, Seige bow, Vermeil Bhuj) make the DMG line of Magian weapons unworthwhile unless you truly intend to complete the weapon.

To put it in perspective, it'll end up being like if you went through the hassle of getting a fourth stage relic weapon or a statless Mythic weapon without finishing it. Other weapons would do you better, and be a lot easier to get.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-29 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:

Have you done this since the emergency maint? I heard the cruor reward was gimped.

I did it yesterday morning so unless there was a emergency main in the last 24 hours it was still good.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 11:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:

I did it yesterday morning so unless there was a emergency main in the last 24 hours it was still good.
Interesting. I might give it a try today since I have the conflux next to it.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-29 11:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news19346.shtml

Nooooooo! lol

wonder how much it gives now.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 11:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news19346.shtml

Nooooooo! lol

wonder how much it gives now.
Ah ha! I knew it =D
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-29 11:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

quite the shame i got like 8000 points from that over 3 hours lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 11:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
quite the shame i got like 8000 points from that over 3 hours lol
I'm trying not to think about it =D
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 11:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed something
Quote:
From Conflux #02
#06 115

From Conflux #06
#02 70
So warping there costs 115 but warping back costs 70? That's... interesting. Jacks up looking for a pattern to identify missing costs.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-06-29 11:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

tried it there today only caught butch of crabs while folks around me pulling in spears i was so pissed!!!!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-29 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a fishing skill required for that quest?
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-06-29 12:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Any suggestions on what I should call my guildportal site for my group? We're not actually creating a new LS for Abyssea, but we want a place to communicate wants, plans, etc.

I don't mind a lulz name, but I don't want it to be something I'm going to be tired of seeing in a day or two.

bacon sauce
or nutbutter?
or my favorite, the chowder eggs
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 12:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
is there a fishing skill required for that quest?
I was just about to look it up myself. The lowest I saw someone mention was 40 or 60. I'll see what I can find.
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

bacon sauce
or nutbutter?
or my favorite, the chowder eggs
what is this I don't even
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-06-29 13:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i just came from there they nerfed it spear now give 80 and other thing 40 :( sad
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Titan.Lillica said:
Is there any limit to how much time you can stack up inside? I know when I went with my friends I had 114 minutes because of my first stone. Could you go in get 90 minutes on the clock, then go back 3 days later and have a 180 minute run?

She meant if you can trade 1 stone, leave, get more and come back.

The answer is yes, you can turn in stones and then bring back more to expand your time allotted in Abyssea. But it has been reported that the most time you can have on your clock at a time is 120 minutes. If you trade more than 4 stones in at one time you will lose the stone but not gain a time limit exceeding 120 minutes.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 13:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Titan.Lillica said:

She meant if you can trade 1 stone, leave, get more and come back.

The answer is yes, you can turn in stones and then bring back more to expand your time allotted in Abyssea. But it has been reported that the most time you can have on your clock at a time is 120 minutes. If you trade more than 4 stones in at one time you will lose the stone but not gain a time limit exceeding 120 minutes.
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Titan.Lillica said:

The max time is 120 minutes. Turn in three stones, return to jeuno, get more stones, return to abyssea, add a stone to your remaining time.

I did it last night.

Edit: However, what you can do is get 3 stones, turn them in for 90 minutes, go back to Jeuno, get 3 more stones (if enough time has elapsed), go back to abyssea, exit with 10 minutes remaining, reenter and use 3 more stones for a 80 minute session plus 100 minute session back to back.

Remember, the one hour wait only applies if you leave with less than 5 minutes remaining.

Pst, you're a page behind =P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-29 19:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Took a SS this time:
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 22:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

BG said:
According to JP Wiki, Nahn drops the +4 Blue Skill/Sword Skill neck. Nahn is in La Theine, fished up in the big pond.

Any of you fishers want to give it a try?

Edit: Mavi Scarf
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-29 22:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
BG said:
According to JP Wiki, Nahn drops the 4 Blue Skill/Sword Skill neck. Nahn is in La Theine, fished up in the big pond.

Any of you fishers want to give it a try?

Edit: Mavi Scarf

I could probably try tomorrow, just have to get some kind of idea what I'm up against. So far all I see is it's true sound.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 36 37 38