users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE hates us
SE hates us
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Silverware 2010-06-21 16:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.. my Monk wants a Juogi now.. Looks like its a synthed item..

/sigh
 Phoenix.Begoma
Server: Phoenix
user: Begoma
By Phoenix.Begoma 2010-06-21 16:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If they were going to
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
Seven years of work for most people down the drain any 1 else think SE broke the game just to have more people on 14?
Listen to yourself for a second. If they wanted to force you to play 14 wouldn't they just shut the 11 servers down?

At least, that makes to most sense to me.

Get over it. You have work to do.
 Remora.Shinjiro
Server: Remora
user: Shinjiro
By Remora.Shinjiro 2010-06-21 16:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see, how ppl say "7 years of work ruined"...
I still see FF XI not as work. Its just a game.
Its all about to get new gear and explore new areas.
Thats one of the main reasons i am PLAYING FF XI(a main reason to play RPGs) ... and not working FF XI.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-21 16:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I only regret one thing!
Not selling my e-bow when I had the chance...
 Sylph.Aeryi
Server: Sylph
user: Aeryi
By Sylph.Aeryi 2010-06-21 16:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yhel Jacket +1
Body
DEF:39 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10
Magic critical hit rate +5%
Enmity+4 Adds "Refresh" effect
Lv80 BLM, SCH,

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O!
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-21 16:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
I only regret one thing!

I regret not selling a lot of things...
 Phoenix.Gerrott
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2010-06-21 16:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow with so much good gear incomming.. Need more storage, already capped out. Haha no kidding, shoulda just cleared out gear for all my jobs. Oh well.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-21 16:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yhel Jacket +1
Body
DEF:39 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10
Magic critical hit rate +5%
Enmity+4 Adds "Refresh" effect
Lv80 BLM, SCH,

THIS....

that is all!
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 17:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
I only regret one thing!

I'm happy I liquidated everything I could. Only dead weight still on me is an errant cape and my martial gun. I really didn't expect SE to add something worthwhile for COR and here they add a 51 base dmg gun?!
well played SE, struck my pocket in the last place I looked!

I choose not to dwell on the 500k that might have been, but rather get excited over a new gun!!! finally!
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-21 17:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gerrott said:
Wow with so much good gear incomming.. Need more storage, already capped out. Haha no kidding, shoulda just cleared out gear for all my jobs. Oh well.

I wouldn't worry too much about inventory. A staggering amount of useful gear was obliterated today. As we collect new things, there will be plenty of old r/ex gear to toss.

Ever seen screenshots some people post after quitting which shows them throwing away all their rare/ex gear from years of endgame play? Well, that's going to be us now.

Cerberus.Robmelee
Server: Cerberus
user: Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2010-06-21 17:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
I only regret one thing!

I'm soooo glad i sold my Hagun, and alot of others things prior to this update.

The only way our current equipment will be worth much of anything is unless its allowed to be enhanced via the "Trials of Magian" quest.

Outside of that, if you all didn't sale your previous not so important gear, you're screwed!
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-21 17:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

RAWR!!!!

Lousy update has been happily churning away without error and now it has gotten to the end and I've ran into the FAILwall :(
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2010-06-21 17:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went over that one list.. and wrote down about 22 things that I'm interested in for my Monk.. And I'm sure I missed a few here and there..

Damn man.. this is nice.
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-06-21 17:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't see anything thats better than usu.
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2010-06-21 17:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats if you have Usukune stuff just laying around.. which of course I don't because I don't do salvage.
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-06-21 17:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah but some people in this thread are whining that this update has made pretty much all old gear obsolete.

The only things I see from it that beat old gear are weapons (obviously) and some accessories. (neck/waist/earrings/rings/ammo slot ***)
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2010-06-21 17:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just a double edged sword I guess. While I'm depressed from looking at a giant list of gear I still probably won't be able to get.. On top of all the gear that was already in the game that I haven't been able to get.. (that mother F'er byakko and his pants.. and the other million people in the game that have them)

But at the same time its refreshing. Its new. A level cap raise after all these years is exciting. And I have more gear options now. Some items may be somewhat easy to get but probably not.

I'm that guy who complains about everyone having cookie-cutter gear builds.. "Omfg you HAVE you have this piece or your weak and pointless" HASTE HASTE HASTE HASTE MOAR NAO! OMFG DEWD crap. I wear what seems to work good.. What makes basic sense to use (that doesn't involve crunching numbers on a calculator based around the most ideal conditions).. and what looks awesome on my toon.

So having this new gear introduced breaks that mold.. But only for the moment. No doubt as I type this, and before the new update is even live, there are the Leetists taking the stats off the items from the list and breaking everything down as if this wasn't just a game where your supposed to have fun.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-21 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I share OPs thoughts.

So much work done to finally be concidered "Decent", and now suddenly I gotta work my *** off for lots of new ***.
And in 3 months, the rest of my ***is gonna be useless!
And 3 months after that, all the new ***we got from this update is gonna be useless!
[+]
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-21 17:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I share OPs thoughts.

So much work done to finally be concidered "Decent", and now suddenly I gotta work my *** off for lots of new ***.
And 3 months after that, all the new ***we got from this update is gonna be useless!

you could just chill and go with the flow instead
[+]
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Server: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-06-21 17:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to get myself a Leather set and level from 75-80 in that. :-P
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-21 17:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I share OPs thoughts.

you could just chill and go with the flow instead

Gonna log on and try and see how it is, but they added too much I think D:
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-06-21 17:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'all hear that?

That's the sound of the incomming economic crash as everyone rushes to the AH and pawns off their old gear to make space for the new!

Let the undercutting begin!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kittiesarefun
By Phoenix.Kittiesarefun 2010-06-21 17:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's three solutions on how to deal with the new update.

Solution 1: If SE hates it's players so much. Stop paying them.

Solution 2: If you worked so hard on the gear, then that's great, good work. Time to work hard for the next piece. Didn't you work hard to get better armor then what you had before? If so, doesn't hurt to work again.

Solution 3: Keep your old gear and never upgrade.

Not too hard as you can see.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-21 17:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kittiesarefun said:
Here's three solutions on how to deal with the new update.

Solution 1: If SE hates it's players so much. Stop paying them.

Solution 2: If you worked so hard on the gear, then that's great, good work. Time to work hard for the next piece. Didn't you work hard to get better armor then what you had before? If so, doesn't hurt to work again.

Solution 3: Keep your old gear and never upgrade.

Not too hard as you can see.

For people with lousy gear/merits, this update doesn't affect them too much at all. They didn't have anything to lose in the first place. I feel the same apprehension as Kvazz and the OP. It sucks to watch SE obliterate, in one fell swoop, a lot of effort spent in obtaining high-end AH/endgame gear (the gear released in this update is pretty damn nice). And this is only 76-80. God only knows what's in store for 81-99. It could very well be that case that all the gear released today could be worthless by December. None of us know what will happen.

I never wanted to be forcibly reintroduced to the exp/gil/endgame grinds. I was comfortable where I was with a decently geared/merited character. I could just log in to have fun doing events or whatnot. Now it's all gone, but hey, ***happens. I'll give it a few weeks to see how everything pans out. It's too early to run around screaming that the sky's fallen.
[+]
By Kazzie 2010-06-21 18:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that they waited way too long to make this kind of a change without taking gear sets and events into account. They basically set it up so that unless you cheat or can literally live on the game it will take you years to obtain items. For those who have put considerable time into getting where they are through a lot of hard work it really is a slap in the face. If they make sky/salvage/dynamis and limbus gear augmentable then it may make long time gamers happy and those zones and events still relevant. If not, and they create a class of gear that exceeds those sets, then they have not only upset their consumer base but wasted a ton of content they have developed.
Ok yes blizzard has made gear obsolete with updates and expansion but it has been a consistent thing with that game since day 1. And honestly it is much easier to level and obtain gear and game currency in WOW than FFXI. It would be my guess is that those who are most upset about the potential devaluation of gear sets are those who have spent literally years on game not just real life time getting where they are. Don't get me wrong I love this game and am hoping for the best but I know that I can start all over again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kittiesarefun
By Phoenix.Kittiesarefun 2010-06-21 18:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand the effort that was spent in obtaining High end gear, I was never able to get any high end gear no matter how many deaths or days i spent getting it. But it's apart of expanding a game. like you said, stuff happens. Besides, it's merely a game, some of the best games are hard and take a long time to do.

I just saw much bickering and thought it was time to set some choices to get others to be quiet. Seemed to have worked lol
[+]
 Asura.Floorboss
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2010-06-21 18:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Male you ever get your 35 morrigan legs :)
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-06-21 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rylis said:
No, no.. SE should make all the new gear useless, and never change anything!

That's what persistent worlds should be like. No change, no new challenges, and the ability to rest on past laurels.

Ruined! Ruination!

I'd rather see new stuff added that requires new 'work' because that's what we've spent the last 7-8 years doing, already. If you didn't like that system, I think you're learning it a little late.

THIS, very much, this. Glad other people feel the same way.

I can absolutely appreciate that it can be painful to find out that after all your effort, there is more and better out there. For sure. But that's what playing the game is, right? Going out there and doing it!

As for the people who aren't rocking full Usukane, yeah, this might be a little bit less of a shock to the system, but consider that people who are newer to the game have also missed out on a lot. How easy is it to get people to do rank missions? Or start a Nyzul climb? It's all new to us all now, and I think people will have more of an opportunity to play together with new people.

And look, it's not like those players who were more successful and skilled are totally taken back to square one: For one, you all understand a great deal more about the game. Many of you have a built in network of friends that you work well with. You've got (relative) mountains of gil. You're crafting probably far outstrips other peoples. You're still retaining a distinct advantage over, say, me, who is rocking a single lvl 75 job, just got sky access, and is still searching for relic armor and a Nyzul static.

And, more than anything, definitely share how you think - positive and negative. But, if you think the game is broken, or that you're not going to have fun anymore, think about moving on. This is a game, after all!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-21 18:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xynthios said:
My opinion on the whole matter.

Not EVERYONE is going to go and do this expansion right away... I'm not, for sure.

There are many things in the original world that I still haven't accomplished and I won't be doing any of this 76-99 stuff until I'm happy with my progress in the original world.

Many and most will probably go to Abyssea, but I'm probably one of the few who just feels they are not ready for it yet and besides, it will be far too crowded for a long time to come anyways until everything about Abyssea is known and the extremely good gears are common in number... I'd rather wait for a while for the hype to cool down.

There are many jobs I haven't meritted anyways, many gears I haven't obtained in the original world... the game isn't ruined with this plethora of new shinies.

All it's doing is giving those who are happy with their current progression to move onto harder and tougher things.

If you think the new area and cap will ruin the game, then simply don't participate in it, I won't be for a good while.

/end
abyssa ain't dynamis have you ever heard of this one thing.......?

Instanced zones.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-06-21 18:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kittiesarefun said:
it's merely a game

I'd like to think this would update would be an eye opener for the people who spent 1500 rl days in-game, but that's wishful thinking. They'll probably spend a week bitching about it, then go back to 14 hour days in Abyssea.