RDM/SCH At Level 80.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM/SCH at Level 80.
RDM/SCH at Level 80.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2010-06-21 13:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM/SCH wouldn't get access to Refreshga till 82 as refresh itself is a level 41 spell.

Given that we won't know for sure till August/September it's way too early assume that SE refreshga is in just because SE is currently silent on the matter.

I mean cap is 80, there's no reason for them to rule on it right now. So let's not start celebrating/ make assumptions just yet...
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-21 13:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
RDM/SCH wouldn't get access to Refreshga till 82 as refresh itself is a level 41 spell.

Given that we won't know for sure till August/September it's way too early assume that SE refreshga is in just because SE is currently silent on the matter.

I mean cap is 80, there's no reason for them to rule on it right now. So let's not start celebrating/ make assumptions just yet...

and -GA is 80..

RDM80 = REFRESH
/SCH40 = GA

thus rdm80/sch = refresh-ga
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 13:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Found where it said no Accession Haste... Having seen it with my own eyes I must say it feels like a broken promise... SMN has hastega, even BLU can hastega... but no... not SCH...

On behalf of Scholars everywhere, I would like to issue the BIGGEST *** YOU to SE ever given...
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-21 13:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
SCH/RDM
fixed that for you

Diabolos.Gira said:
Found where it said no Accession Haste... Having seen it with my own eyes I must say it feels like a broken promise... SMN has hastega, even BLU can hastega... but no... not SCH...

On behalf of Scholars everywhere, I would like to issue the BIGGEST *** YOU to SE ever given...
at least they GET haste with /WHM...?
 Valefor.Eldrich
Server: Valefor
user: Eldrich
By Valefor.Eldrich 2010-06-21 13:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If they nullified hastega with accession, you can but refresh is gone too
By Archangelgab 2010-06-21 13:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

gao nau blm burn with one cast from "refreshga" ?

might be fun if it does work like that, gotta find a camp first, go go sky and bibiki bay or even lufaise or misearux
 Fenrir.Jadus
Server: Fenrir
user: Jadus
By Fenrir.Jadus 2010-06-21 13:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we talk about RDM ??? and not SCH... SCH wouldn't get the chance to Refreshga until 82 anyway.
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-06-21 13:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
Fenrir.Jadus said:
Dispel(ga) works right?

yes

and for the arguments

Poison Black Mage Lv.3 / Red Mage Lv.5 / Dark Knight Lv.6
Blind Black Mage Lv.4 / Red Mage Lv.8
Bind Black Mage Lv.7 / Red Mage Lv.11 / Dark Knight Lv.20
Sleep Addendum: Black Lv. 30
Sleep II Addendum: Black Lv. 65
Gravity Red Mage Lv.21
Dispel Addendum: Black Lv. 32
Drain N/A
Aspir N/A
Klimaform N/A
Bio Black Mage Lv.10 / Red Mage Lv.10 / Dark Knight Lv.15
Bio II Black Mage Lv.35 / Red Mage Lv.36 / Dark Knight Lv.40
Absorb-MND Dark Knight Lv.31
Absorb-CHR Dark Knight Lv.33
Absorb-VIT Dark Knight Lv.35
Absorb-AGI Dark Knight Lv.37
Stun Dark Knight Lv.37
Absorb-INT Dark Knight Lv.39

manifestation - dark arts

and

Spell Support Job level Required*
Protect I-IV N/A
Shell I-IV N/A
Cure I-IV N/A
Invisible N/A
Sneak N/A
Deodorize N/A
"Storm" spells N/A
Poisona Addendum: White Lv. 10
Paralyna Addendum: White Lv. 12
Blindna Addendum: White Lv. 17
Silena Addendum: White Lv. 22
Cursna Addendum: White Lv. 32
Erase Addendum: White Lv. 39
Viruna Addendum: White Lv. 46
Stona Addendum: White Lv. 50
Phalanx Red Mage Lv.33
Stoneskin Red Mage Lv.34 / White Mage Lv. 28
Blink Red Mage Lv.23 / White Mage Lv. 19
Aquaveil Red Mage Lv.12 / White Mage Lv. 10
Regen N/A
Regen II N/A
Enspell** Red Mage Lv.16-27
"Bar- Spells" Red Mage Lv.5-25

accession - Light arts

Oh right I forgot at the moment about all the other stuff sch has access to. Man that is quite an awesome spell list for RDM. RDM/SCH will be crazy then.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 13:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Eldrich said:

I'm fairly certain they only did this to Haste because Haste can be cast on other parties.

Refresh can only be cast on your party. Also, It would have made SCH the best Haste-engine.

Letting RDM refresh-ga doesn't over power an alliance, or make it any more desirable over other jobs who fulfill similar rolls. Refresh is (currently) something only RDM can do, and when SCH gets it, RDM will have Refresh II anyway.

Accession Haste = Overpowered SCH, stealing the lime light as they can single handedly haste an entire alliance by themselves.
Accession Refresh = RDM saving some time and MP.

See the difference?

Haste and Refresh are in no way shape or form similar spells or related in any matter aside the fact that they are both enhancing magic. When Accession excludes a spell it is done on a case by case basis to eliminate vast/easily abused advantages to SCH's over other mages and to players in general. They've deemed haste to be one of these spells, they have not said anything about Refresh.

Just because Haste is locked means nothing.

Refreshga WILL BE in the game, please stop debating it.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-21 14:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:

Brain freeze there? lol. If you're main job RDM and you're level 80...you'll have refresh. /40SCH...accession.

Refresh wasn't mentioned in the notes, so I'm pretty sure a level 80 RDM will be able to do it.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-06-21 14:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Asura.Malekith said:
SCH/RDM
fixed that for you

Diabolos.Gira said:

Thanks lol... it's my dyslexia, I swear!

As is, just tired of the QQ of some people, can't we all just enjoy the game? ; ;
 Phoenix.Granhyre
Server: Phoenix
user: Bertholdo
By Phoenix.Granhyre 2010-06-21 14:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

even without Hastega and maybe Refreshga we will be able to do En-IIga =D
+32 damage I'm interested
 Fenrir.Jadus
By Fenrir.Jadus 2010-06-21 14:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Valefor.Eldrich said:

I'm fairly certain they only did this to Haste because Haste can be cast on other parties.

Refresh can only be cast on your party. Also, It would have made SCH the best Haste-engine.

Letting RDM refresh-ga doesn't over power an alliance, or make it any more desirable over other jobs who fulfill similar rolls. Refresh is (currently) something only RDM can do, and when SCH gets it, RDM will have Refresh II anyway.

Accession Haste = Overpowered SCH, stealing the lime light as they can single handedly haste an entire alliance by themselves.

See the difference?

Haste and Refresh are in no way shape or form similar spells or related in any matter aside the fact that they are both enhancing magic. When Accession excludes a spell it is done on a case by case basis to eliminate vast/easily abused advantages to SCH's over other mages and to players in general. They've deemed haste to be one of these spells, they have not said anything about Refresh.

But if they did Accession Haste RDM and WHM with a SCH sub could Hastega... I don't see how it overpowers SCH when you'd have RDM WHM SCH SMN BLU with Hastega access?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-21 14:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jadus said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
Valefor.Eldrich said:

See the difference?

But if they did Accession Haste RDM and WHM with a SCH sub could Hastega... I don't see how it overpowers SCH when you'd have RDM WHM SCH SMN BLU with Hastega access?
Because Haste and Refresh are damn near the only things that prevent SCH from totally replacing RDM as a whole.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-06-21 14:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:

RDM80 = REFRESH
/SCH40 = GA

thus rdm80/sch = refresh-ga

Yeah I had a brain fart there on page 1. Don't have sch lvld so I didn't think of rdm/sch, only the other way around. And yes I guess it does mean refresh-ga will be possible. FU SE! Now I have to lvl sch -.-
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-06-21 14:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Granhyre said:
32 damage I'm interested

dont think enspell-IIga will be good since dmg allways came from current enhancing skill and most DD's dont have one ._.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 14:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Asura.Malekith said:
SCH/RDM
fixed that for you

Diabolos.Gira said:

Thanks lol... it's my dyslexia, I swear!

As is, just tired of the QQ of some people, can't we all just enjoy the game? ; ;

The thing is, the only reason TO sub whm on SCH is to have Haste. Divine seal isn't a big deal, and if we want to aoe a cure or a bar spell accession is better because it's much faster, cheaper, and can work on outside parties.

So now if we want to haste a party, we have to do it in a boring cycle like RDM, and we lose aoe en-spells, phalanx, fast cast, etc.

So... it's really a pretty big kick in the stomach since we only wanted haste so merits would stop rejecting us, but RDM/sch can now aoe en-spell II along with their haste cycle and such... so it's really just not fair.

Plus with hastega already being in the game, it was pretty much all assumed haste was going to work with accession, and they already had released notes locking certain abilities and such, but they tack on "Haste" at the last minute?

It's not QQ'ing as people keep whining about. It's a well founded gripe because SE decided to act like a bunch of ***.

Much like how they announced PUP getting an A skill in H2H then make it a B+ at the last minute.

It's like you were on a game show and won the grand prize, and then get told you were on Punk'd or some ***. WTF SE?
Cerberus.Mindi said:
Phoenix.Granhyre said:
32 damage I'm interested

dont think enspell-IIga will be good since dmg allways came from current enhancing skill and most DD's dont have one ._.

Incredibly inaccurate, it's the caster's skill. I Accession En-spell all the time on SCH, their damage is always in the additional 18~20 range. Especially with a BRD landing the matching threnody.
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-21 14:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Because Haste and Refresh are damn near the only things that prevent SCH from totally replacing RDM as a whole.
Agreeing there
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 14:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Krystale said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Agreeing there

Uhhh...... No?

A+ enfeebling...
Paralyze/Slow II...
Ability so solo pretty much anything...
Already promised Refresh II...

RDM has plenty going for it, this update does more for RDM/sch than it does for SCH/anything.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jadus
By Fenrir.Jadus 2010-06-21 14:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhh?
I believe giving 3 jobs Hastega access would make things balanced? RDM & WHM & SCH would have had Hastega at 80, how would this kill off anything? RDM could Hastega and Refreshga, WHM would still have it's Higher Tier Cures and Hastega, SCH would have Hastega? How is that not balanced?

And fine okay next update SCH gets Refreshga @ lv.82 with a RDM sub, but you balance that by giving RDM a Refresh 2...

Also, RDM won't be replaced, maybe in a Colibri party, but I don't think a SCH can Slow 2 or Paralyze 2 last I checked, or do a Chainspell Stun during a zerg...
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 14:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jadus said:
Uhhh?
I believe giving 3 jobs Hastega access would make things balanced? RDM & WHM & SCH would have had Hastega at 80, how would this kill off anything? RDM could Hastega and Refreshga, WHM would still have it's Higher Tier Cures and Hastega, SCH would have Hastega? How is that not balanced?

And fine okay next update SCH gets Refreshga @ lv.82 with a RDM sub, but you balance that by giving RDM a Refresh 2...

Also, RDM won't be replaced, maybe in a Colibri party, but I don't think a SCH can Slow 2 or Paralyze 2 last I checked, or do a Chainspell Stun during a zerg...

SCH has access to more stratagems with a lower timer. WHM or RDM /sch would have to wait 2 minutes for the next stratagem with a max of 2 on their persons at one time. SCH would have been able to haste-ga 3 parties with 3 minutes worth of stratagems, and haste lasts 3 minutes. It would take RDM or WHM 6 minutes for the stratagems to haste 3 parties.

I don't personally think that's a big deal, but SE must have thought so.

And no, RDM won't be replaced anywhere. From the sounds of it RDM is still the best merit mage since they can now AoE teir II en-spells and can get higher enhancing.

Only thing that's changed is SCH is now very CLOSE to RDM in its merit party potential, so people would be willing to take a SCH if they couldn't find a RDM right away.
 Phoenix.Granhyre
Server: Phoenix
user: Bertholdo
By Phoenix.Granhyre 2010-06-21 14:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
Phoenix.Granhyre said:
32 damage I'm interested

i think the damage is affected by the caster Enhancing, isnt it? '-'
"Base En-spell (enfire, enblizzard, enthunder, enwater, enstone, enaero, auspice) damage is affected by the caster's enhancing magic skill, day, and weather effects."
well idk how it works with Accession >.>
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-06-21 14:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Cerberus.Mindi said:
Phoenix.Granhyre said:
32 damage I'm interested

Incredibly inaccurate, it's the caster's skill. I Accession En-spell all the time on SCH, their damage is always in the additional 18~20 range. Especially with a BRD landing the matching threnody.

Enspell 1 is static value of dmg from the gear you wear while casting, but enspell 2 depend on the gear for each swing the rdm wear. And i somehow doubt you can just wear max skill gear to cast a (say) 40 dmg Enspell2 and equip normal idle gear and all dd will jump up to the 40 instat of 36. So just what i think, enspell 2 will still be current skill (inc gear) and DD's dont have skill.

Beside that i never liked enspell 2 (for RDM) since it used current skill and was only for 1 attack/round while enspell1 works for all the 2-4 hits per round. (when /nin, occAtt twice weapons)
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-06-21 14:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Alexaundria said:
:< I don't think Reraise will be ga-able.
i lol'd so hard when i read that
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-06-21 14:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Owleyes
Club
DMG:22 Delay:217 Damage taken +10%
Adds "Refresh" effect
Lv80 WHM, BLM, SMN, SCH

from http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1277147188265473968&page=1

yay another slap in the RDM face!

edit: but what this make suck is that they now take 30% more physical and 10% more other dmg when they want 2 autorefresh like rdm :3 (since its a club instat of terra staff)

Fenrir.Jadus
By Fenrir.Jadus 2010-06-21 14:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

+10% Damage for a 1 tick MP... That's silly.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 15:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I so badly want to get excited over refresh on the main slot... but... I can't XD! Wouldn't want to kite with +10% damage... and idle running gear...? While moving in dynamis or something... /sigh... thanks... so much SE
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-25 08:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so... CAN lv 80 rdm/sch refreshga now, or not? anyone tried it yet and can confirm?