Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 16:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nybras said:
Like I said your setup still has lots of work needed

Really though my acc is at 90% with hasso, according to Dark..thats pretty darn close to cap, so the only thing I lack is haste, which I build DA with my gear...

inb4: BUTHASTEISEVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I know haste can have massive returns over time, but I don't have Haidate, nor do I even have an LS that does events (though I'd like one..just can't seem to find one suited for me)...so I can't get a V belt (tried soloing KA, but lost to bot claims), or usukane armor or stuff of that ilk... So I work with with I got, and I like my build...I like my dmg during the TP phase, which nobody really seems to bother to calculate over time...

Anybody have a working parser I can get so I can see how I'm stacking up in merit pts these days?
 Sylph.Vincentius
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-18 16:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is getting too old to have people still not understanding this ***. These threads are gettin pretty old.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
This game is getting too old to have people still not understanding this ***. These threads are gettin pretty old.

its not that I personally don't understand what haste does..I'm fully aware of what it does...I just choose to use riceballs and gear accordingly...nothing more, nothing less..i'd mix in 5% haste on Byakko's Haidate, or the 3% on Usu pants IF I had a group to do said events with...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-18 16:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I had no trouble fitting the gear when I didn't use windower. I'd put swaps in before my WS and then have them swap back after as well as use a WS and TP swap macro.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-18 16:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't directing that at you per say Eikechi, but is it really that hard to find a group for endgame anymore?

And I'm not even talking just about haste. Riceball builds have been shown to be crap, and too many people know this. Yet it seems once a week, maybe two weeks, someone starts screaming when their riceball build is looked down upon.

Work for the gear. Gear correctly. Merit properly, and stop calling it a god damned cookie cutter build. There's a reason everyone should be aiming for it. It's the damn best. Being unique doesn't mean better, and there's always going to be someone who's tried what you're doing. Hopefully they either quit or saw the light like a good portion of the rest of us.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 16:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't have Haidate, nor do I even have an LS that does events
Can you gather 6 people with the following jobs and a bit of skill:

2 PLD or 2 DRK (preferably the latter)
WHM
RDM
BRD
THF

and maybe a few other people who would be willing to help on DD or preferably BLM?
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-18 16:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
Do you know 6 people with the following jobs and a bit of skill:

2 PLD or 2 DRK
WHM
RDM
BRD
THF

and a few other people who would be willing to help?

Great idea, except the DRK's he knows are probably wearing full Black set, THF's with AF legs, etc etc.

Birds of a feather flock together.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 16:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I can hope :(
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-18 16:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
Do you know 6 people with the following jobs and a bit of skill:

2 PLD or 2 DRK
WHM
RDM
BRD
THF

and a few other people who would be willing to help?

Great idea, except the DRK's he knows are probably wearing full Black set, THF's with AF legs, etc etc.

Birds of a feather flock together.

they almost certainly are, but after update maybe they can level to 80 and...

ah, who am i kidding, they'll still get raped harder than jonbenet ramsey
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 16:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

loooooooooooool
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 16:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
I wasn't directing that at you per but is it really that hard to find a group for endgame anymore?

For me it seems to be...I work a lot to support myself these days (nights mostly when this game seems to thrive for NA players) so my schedule isn't that great for the hardcore LSs that demand you go to X number of events on X days or you can't lot on anything... (and ya it kinda sounded like you were directing that towards me considering I was the only person debating for not using full blown haste lol...like i said inb4: BUTHASTEISEVERYTHING...

Sylph.Vincentius said:
stop calling it a god damned cookie cutter build. There's a reason everyone should be aiming for it. It's the damn best. Being unique doesn't mean better

Being different doesn't ALWAYS necessarily mean worse either though...

And to Nightfyre..I think I know people with those 75 jobs, but again, I have no LS, so its hard to snag people to help me out with things once in awhile..but I think I can manage a low man group like that..but can the pop items for Byakko be soloed by sch/rdm? I'm not so sure (I don't have 75 rdm to solo them, but I do have sch)

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 16:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

damn Vin...why the hostility mate? I don't even know you from a hole in the wall... lol...
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-18 16:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
damn Vin...why the hostility mate? I don't even know you from a hole in the wall... lol...

because you are approximately the one billionth person who has posted on these forums who doesn't seem to understand that if you can come up with a build that is 100% mathematically optimal considering the resources available to you

everything DIFFERENT from that build can be logically and mathematically be proven to be WORSE

you start out patient, and when you have to keep helping person after person understand the same basic concept, the friendliness wears off and you get a little less than polite about it
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 16:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
different doesn't ALWAYS necessarily mean worse either though...
At this point in the game, unless it's an established sidegrade it does. You're not working with a sidegrade.
Quote:
And to Nightfyre..I think I know people with those 75 jobs, but again, I have no LS, so its hard to snag people to help me out with things once in awhile..but I think I can manage a low man group like that..but can the pop items for Byakko be soloed by sch/rdm? I'm not so sure (I don't have 75 rdm to solo them, but I do have sch)
Despot's a joke, Ulli should be soloable as well. Biggest cockblock will be getting Dio to drop.

If you do get a group together, your strategy with DRK/NIN tanks is as follows: idle in Earth Staff and whatever PDT you can throw together to reduce damage. Let Byakko kill itself on Dread Spikes. Whichever DRK doesn't have hate at any given time can cast Absorb-TP to help reduce the frequency of TP moves provided they have a good set (Pluto's Staff, strong skill gear). THF can provide extra damage with SA along with occasional stuns if they /DRK. It's a slow kill, but also a fairly safe one. If you're using PLDs it'll be a bit rougher, but still doable if they have Atonement.

EDIT: Drain/Drain II are also good spells to use, but hopefully that's obvious. Again, good dark magic gear will help a lot.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 16:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

that was his first post on the entire thread and he like blew up man....seriously, i've done nothing wrong..
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-18 17:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
that was his first post on the entire thread and he like blew up man....seriously, i've done nothing wrong..

please see above post

think of yourself as the straw of ignorance that broke the camel's back
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

no i get what you're sayin Sev, but he could have just..idk...NEVER posted on the thread lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
You've put way too much effort into justifying a lousy set of merits and the lousy build you use with them (I'm not talking about your lack of haidate here). In a thread discussing effective merit options, that qualifies as doing something wrong.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll only admit that rice ball builds are at least better than askar/hachiman builds however they still fall major short of a proper setup.

Now that i'm back... i want to show you something important Eikechi.I know you did the whole "buthasteiseverything" mentioning...
but here's the thing:

With you're current riceball setup having 4% haste you will take a swing every 6.5 seconds WITH hasso but without haste/march.

With my setup i listed having 22% haste you will swing every 5.1 seconds WITH hasso but without haste/march.

So lets step this up. If someone is double marching you for instance.

You're set would then be at 5.1 seconds per swing.
Mine would then be at 3.7 seconds per swing.

If you have a RDM or WHM further hasting you.
You're set would then be at 4.0 seconds
My set would then be 2.6 seconds.

So what does all this mean? Let's say we go merit for an hour with great katanas (lol i know shaddap let me get my point in).

Let's say we go for 1 hour exactly on lolbirdies.

4.0 seconds / 60 seconds = 15 swings in a minute.
2.6 seconds / 60 seconds = 23 swings in a minute.

15 swings a minute * 60 = 900 swings in 1 hour.
23 swings a minute * 60 = 1380 swings in 1 hour.

But here is the major kicker.

You're accuracy with that setup and riceballs is around 89% while mine is a perfect 95% with marrinara pizza+1.

While true you will have DA% you're loss in accuracy will make you miss a good number more of hits than my set. I know that's why you merited 5/5 zanshin but you'll see again why that is kind of a mistake.

Not to mention my setup is with hagun (ill get to that) and your's is with rindomaru.

So my weapon skill damage will always be much higher than yours.

So not only in a single hour would i output MUCH more DOT... i would weapon skill much harder as well.

I hope this makes sense as to why haste is an amazing thing you should get as much as humanly possible as well as 6 hit build.

Riceball build is great in theory but not in practice. You'd do great if you put half as much effort into building a proper set which i hope you do.

This is the first time i had to go lolmath at this but i wanted to try and correct/help understand the importance.

(Btw as far as hagun goes... im just as sick as *** of the thing as well and can't wait for it to be replaced eventually).

(And also on you're store TP on feet i recalulated it but forgot to update the SS.. you were indeed still short by 3STP).
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-18 17:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

That's not blowing up. Believe me, I'm being patient here. You're confusing bluntness with anger, and playing the victim card off of that makes me lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

couple things I found wrong with that Clin...
1) Hagun isn't THAT much different than my rindo (yes I know the maths and all that jazz on what the TP anchors are for fTP and all that ***....and the hagun boasts a roughly +10% or so WS dmg if i remember right than normal GKs) my Rindo is +5% so that isn't TOO huge a diff (granted 5% can be a decent bit, but not astronomically better imho)

2) there is no way in hell you'd be 100% engaged every second of every minute of the full hour....I do get the idea, its just your numbers are a lil off I feel (idk..I could be wrong)
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-18 17:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend this:

I also highly recommend /DRG and wyvern earring in place of the Bushi. This is with Full STP Merits, which you should go ahead and get. Stop using rice balls, they're not even worth using especially with shogun not readily available.

I listed Shinimusha Haidate because come update time your Rindo will become either a) useless because of new weapons, or you should start working on a Hagun for temporary use or one of the magian GKTs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun is roughly 17% more damage per WS than an unaugmented Rindo.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

That's not blowing up. Believe me, I'm being patient here. You're confusing bluntness with anger, and playing the victim card off of that makes me lol.

I'm not trying to "play the victim" lol i'm just trying to find out where the misdirected hostility is comin from chief lol

edit: also working on Radennotachi atm, because I think it might turn into Masamune come update..but stuck on Urd atm lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2) there is no way in hell you'd be 100% engaged every second of every minute of the full hour....I do get the idea, its just your numbers are a lil off I feel (idk..I could be wrong)
This favors Hagun over Rindo due to Meditate.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Going even further (give or take obviously this is straight math.):

1311/1380 is how many of those hits i would land.
801/900 is how many of those hits YOU would hit.

However... full zanshin merits brings you around 50% with 5/5 zanshin merits. So for devil's advocate you're zanshin would still only bring you back up to 850 at best.

1130-850 = 280 more swings than you. That's more weaponskills, more possible crits, just flat out moar.

I'm sorry i keep pressing the issue but riceball build + 5/5 zanshin instead of store TP (/_\) *hides face*

dont do eeeet

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

just a side note here...did nobody take into account dmg during the TP phase due to raised attack from riceballs? (hey i'm just asking...calm the heck down lol)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-18 17:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

hey i'm not mad at you Clin..you've actually been the most polite in trying to discuss this lol

ya dones tryin to beat me to death with the math stick lol....

and if i go 5/5 STP's instead of 5/5 Zanshin I reach the proper 6 hit even without the 7 from Rindo so any other GK would be fine with 6 hit...which is something i'm seriously thinking about doing now, because you were (and a couple others) tryin nicely to give advice instead of "DONT DO IT YOUR WAY, YOU SUXX" lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 17:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun brings about 15-17% increase... you're rindo only has 5% increase.

17%+19%overwhelm 5/5 = 36% WS damage.
4%+19%overwhelm 5/5 = 23% WS damage.

EDIT: seems i was beat on the hagun damage %