users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » new update QQ: smn version
new update QQ: smn version
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-17 16:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It honestly seems okay for Summoners. I kind of like the conserve mp trait for BPs. I think it would have been cool to be included in Stout Servant, but I can understand not getting it since we can just desummon and resummon a fresh avatar.

I'm also kind of glad Fenrir will finally get a magical based BP too. It sounds like it anyway. Anyone elses thoughts?
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 16:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

COR > all
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 16:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be cool if they made Odin and Alexander conventional avatars that stayed out to attack and had their own list of BPs available for battle. But due to their size/standing in the story, it's somewhat understandable they're 2hr only.
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-17 16:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Would be cool if they made Odin and Alexander conventional avatars that stayed out to attack and had their own list of BPs available for battle. But due to their size/standing in the story, it's somewhat understandable they're 2hr only.

Ya, I'm kind of hoping they may do this in future updates. But undertsandable if they don't.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-06-17 16:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
I think it would have been cool to be included in Stout Servant
Avatar's already have 50% DMG reduction which is cap. Anymore won't apply.
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-17 16:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ho, dang. forgot about that. Nvm that then.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 17:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Conserve MP on pacts, three new elemental nukes, including the rare light and dark elements.

No QQ needed.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-17 17:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:
Conserve MP on pacts, three new elemental nukes, including the rare light and dark elements.

No QQ needed.

This. I'm a pretty *** happy camper, and I'm hoping they are in fact Magic and not Phys pacts. The names sound magical, at any rate.
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-17 17:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:

No QQ needed.

The QQ part was mainly to kind of make fun of every other job thread dealing with the update.

I honestly am quite happy. Especially the conserve mp thing. Hopefully it has a better proc rate than the regular one...
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-17 17:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I'd wish they'd fix was give us better control over our avatar's actions. I'd like a 'stay'. Sucks when I'm trying to refresh *** Diabolos and he runs after worms. :<
 Odin.Tenshu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Tenshu 2010-06-20 06:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the update is going to do as far as mp/tick for avatars? I am just curious.
 Asura.Ophiucus
Server: Asura
user: Ophiucus
By Asura.Ophiucus 2010-06-20 08:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually avatar's appear to not have a -phy. damage cap, or atleast the -50% trait they have isn't included in the cap. The -10% damage augment from moogle addon stacks with avatar's already -50% damage. Except for that any "outside" damage taken- is not combined with the -50% trait, instead it's calculated after the -50% trait(The moogle hat will actually reduce damage taken by avatar's by about 5% or 55% total when combined with their -50% trait).
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-21 13:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tenshu said:
Does anyone know what the update is going to do as far as mp/tick for avatars? I am just curious.

I hope it's not much in the long run. I'm praying for a second tier of auto-refresh. Doubt it though.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-21 13:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
Odin.Tenshu said:

I hope it's not much in the long run. I'm praying for a second tier of auto-refresh. Doubt it though.

I'm positive you will get it, not now, but by 99. Avatars will take too much mp per tick at 99 if not. I'm sure the scale won't stop 75+.

Also, ITT: Understanding.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-06-21 13:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

only thing I'm QQ'ing about is that I'm betting Prep Cost will go up.

Right when I get Free Garuda ;_;
[+]
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-21 13:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

eh, at least you had free garuda. im still lame and only have carby free, along with diabolos if i have favor up.
 Alexander.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-06-21 13:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this if kinda off topic but it deals with Summoner but, is it me or in the version update pic Holy Mist is going to be like Holy II? If so I'm kinda disappointed. I was kinda hoping for like a beam of light or something >_>.
[+]
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-21 14:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Trixan said:
I know this if kinda off topic but it deals with Summoner but, is it me or in the version update pic Holy Mist is going to be like Holy II? If so I'm kinda disappointed. I was kinda hoping for like a beam of light or something >_>.

Idk, it's called Holy Mist so it doesn't seem very beamyish, but you never know. I just hope it's decent.
 Alexander.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-06-21 19:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

:P well in the pic it showed like holy II animation but i would hate it if it was like that....
By Vlorsutes 2010-06-22 00:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy Mist's animation is basically nothing more than Holy II. Damage wise, with +11 pet magic attack bonus gear and 5/5 for magic attack merits, damage for Holy Mist was around 760 on a Worker Pephredo in Wajaom Woodlands. Currently TP doesn't seem to affect it, but I wasn't able to test it out very much.