New BLU Spells
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 05:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh theres some decent challenge ones right where you warp into from the npc in Saumarugue Champlain (sp? -.-) they are pretty easy. Just make sure to dispel their haste effect and maybe take your NPC with you.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-25 07:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, I strongly recommend the gnats in Sorrymoogle. They are a horrible horrible mob, and they're the lowest level ones you'll find.

As for Plenilune Embrace, the fuller the moon the higher the attack/mab bonus, but my attack didn't go up after using a ws. I dunno what the hell was happening with whoever said that, but using a ws didn't change ***. I've gone back to using Magic Fruit though personally, in my max MND build, plenilune cures 508 HP, which is less than a 5/1 ratio. Magic Fruit is closer to about 5.7/1, I guess it's nice that I can cure for so much (with swords equipped), but it's not enough of a boost for the amount of MP you're spending imo.

The attack/MAB is a nice bonus, but it's too much to ask to use 100MP just for a little extra damage somewhere else, seems like kind of an odd mix to me, I'd much rather have the erase effect that the mob gets tbh.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 09:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A nice little note, Cimicine Discharge turns mobs black like Ascetics Fury and Geohelix :o.

Me turning diabolos black >.>

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Langy
Server: Gilgamesh
user: langy
By Gilgamesh.Langy 2010-06-25 09:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i got the gnat move quite easy as blu/rdm 75 in sauromugue champaign, phsyical dmg taken - set, cocoon, pro2, phalanx and tav taco, they were only hitting me for between 25-35... make sure to set dispel
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-25 12:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just dinged 77, Leaf Storm seems to be a pile of crap. Acrid Stream is average, not too bad, not too great, but that's not accounting for the Mdef down which I haven't tested yet (stupid maintenance). Looks like a breath spell, but it's based on INT which is good, also isn't TOO bad MP cost, 80 or so, if the Mdef down is good and lasts a while that's a worthwhile cost.
 Leviathan.Thania
user: thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2010-06-25 12:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

dual wield and haste is cool to have, indeed
but its 8 points in our *** with too weak stats on spells
even if our second sword can give us some other stats to compensate.

I hope S-E will continue the pattern and gives us 5 blu points @ lvl 81 and 5 more @ 91

cause all of this messed up my former "perfect" blu spells set up
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 13:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, they, without a doubt, will though. 81 and then again at 91 for 10 more set points if current trend persists. They should give us white wind though... if only for old times sake >_> it was in like every ff with blu xD. AOE cure based on max hp (seems puk NM does lower heals at low percent) I'm guessing and it has erase effect, wouldn't be too bad !
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-06-25 13:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aisha said:
Valefor.Angeluzun said:
This is neither here nor there (as it is possible DW will Tier up by setting additional spells) but while looking at the new gears 76-80 I noticed quite a bit of pieces that had "Enhances Dual Wield effect" so its possible that's the direction blu is going to be heading: DW I from spell set traits and 3-4 pieces of gear to end up with DW3 or w/e.

Speculation is speculation though so... someone post what tier DW blu gets already xD
BLU cant use any of the new items that enhance Dual Wield sadly =\
Except for lolSarashi!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-06-25 13:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Just dinged 77, Leaf Storm seems to be a pile of crap. Acrid Stream is average, not too bad, not too great, but that's not accounting for the Mdef down which I haven't tested yet (stupid maintenance). Looks like a breath spell, but it's based on INT which is good, also isn't TOO bad MP cost, 80 or so, if the Mdef down is good and lasts a while that's a worthwhile cost.

The Mdef down is 10%. Also the spell has no secondary mod, just INT but it is effected by MAB so yay.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-26 03:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Damnit, where'd you read that? I just spent a couple hours testing both these spells for myself to find that out ; ;

Mdef is indeed 10% and lasts exactly 2 minutes, that was on pretty damn low mobs though, not sure what sort of resist rate higher mobs might give. Something I found weird though, that I've never noticed in any other spell before (not that I've tested for it), is that the conal AOE is 8', but you can't cast from any further than 6.4'. Usually it's the other way around like Leafstorm, AOE range is 6', but you can cast from 11.4'.

Anyway, I updated wiki with all my findings on these two spells, if Leafstorm unlocks any job traits it's nothing new, and it's not conserve MP, clear mind, MAB, auto regen or auto refresh, among many other things that it's not (read:useless). Well, unless it unlocks something with the spells 78-80, but I assume that would have been checked by now.

Edit: Leafstorm and Cimicine Discharge seem to be Magic Burst Bonus
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-26 03:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the Slow % on Cimicine Discharge? Anyone find out yet? Also, anything on Blazing Bound?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-26 03:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll let you know when I finally ding lol, then again, I don't have a ballista licence, so testing slow% might be tough <_<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 13:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Except for lolSarashi!
That's not new.
Odin.Blazza said:
Damnit, where'd you read that? I just spent a couple hours testing both these spells for myself to find that out ; ;
BG churned out info on the BLU spells pretty quickly.
Hades.Stefanos said:
What's the Slow % on Cimicine Discharge? Anyone find out yet? Also, anything on Blazing Bound?
15%

Blazing Bound is INT mod, I forget the multiplier values, no secondary (as with the other spells this update), MDB works as MAB.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-26 13:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Nightfyre, guess I'm sticking with Filamented Hold then.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-26 13:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Augh, what... I didn't know you could only enter Abyssea once a day <_<; I tried soloing Acrid Stream with no luck; spent half my 30 minutes dead because the JPs wouldn't answer at all to team up and many mages went by before one finally raised me. I managed to solo a couple, but didn't learn. Now I have to wait until tomorrow... this is ridiculous...
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-26 13:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, not a spell, but any good info on Sanguine Blade yet, or is it an lolWS?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-26 13:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
I know, not a spell, but any good info on Sanguine Blade yet, or is it an lolWS?

I'm doing about ~330 on most mobs with it, seems to drain 50% of damage dealt. Affected by MND and MAB, can't SC with it.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-26 13:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
spent half my 30 minutes dead

if you're dieing on blu you're doing it wrong

jk lol but on a more helpful note, storing up stones to enter abyssea will let you stay in there longer. That, coupled with a rr item should do you wonders. GL
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-26 14:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
spent half my 30 minutes dead

if you're dieing on blu you're doing it wrong

jk lol but on a more helpful note, storing up stones to enter abyssea will let you stay in there longer. That, coupled with a rr item should do you wonders. GL

The first one I fought killed me 'cause Ice Spikes *** me over. I had RR, too, but aggro kept getting me. Still, I was kind of hoping to have these spells, like, before Lv80, you know? -.-
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 14:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Blazing Bound is INT mod, I forget the multiplier values, no secondary (as with the other spells this update), MDB works as MAB.
Wait wut!?!

/mindblown.

/starts setting saline coat

Anyways the exact formulas out yet? For that matter is the formula for regurgitation out yet? I can't search BG and wiki still don't have it
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 14:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Wait wut!?!

/mindblown.

/starts setting saline coat

Anyways the exact formulas out yet? For that matter is the formula for regurgitation out yet? I can't search BG and wiki still don't have it
Regurgitation's been out, check the Calculating Blue Magic Damage page. I'll pull the new ones in a sec.

Oh, fun fact: alpha increases after level 75. Testing underway for the value at 80. Just a heads up in case your results don't quite match up.

EDIT:
Rena said:
Did some testing on remaining magical spells.

Demoralizing Roar is 30 second duration, unsure on potency and enmity, but doesn't really seem worth it either way.

Acrid Stream has no secondary mod; primary mod is INT, multiplier is 2.0, and fTP is, as far as I can tell, 147/64. A bit awkward, but so is Mind Blast. Would need testing at 77/79, and preferrably when possible, 81+ to confirm, but for now it's the simplest explanation that accurately explains the numbers I did see. Also, as I mentioned earlier, it gives -10 MDB for two minutes, which is pretty nice.

Blazing Bound has no secondary mod either (none of the three magical spells this update do for some reason). MAB does not work on it. (Edit: staff and day do, however)

For now, I'm going to say that primary mod is INT with a multiplier of 2.0, and that fTP is 3.0, but there are some oddities to it, and damage doesn't always match up with this... trying to figure out why now, but for now I don't even know what's happening, much less why.

Edit#2: okay, I think I somewhat figured it out... I think it uses MDB to enhance damage somehow, not entirely sure on workings or details though, still getting some weird numbers that don't make sense. Lamia Mantle +1 is enhancing damage, but I'm still not getting the same numbers without as /WHM as I did the first time I tried (actually I think I am, might have been a bit too hasty there). Need to do some more tests and maths, but it looks like they just use MDB in place of MAB, once I'm a bit more certain I'll go see if MAB/MDB traits on mobs reduce damage.

Edit#3: done with testing, MDB takes the place of MAB for the BLU, MAB has no effect whether on player or mob, and MDB on mobs works exactly like it normally would.
Last edited by Rena; 06-24-2010 at 08:29 PM.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-26 14:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
A nice little note, Cimicine Discharge turns mobs black like Ascetics Fury and Geohelix :o.

Me turning diabolos black >.>

That is def a pure win, I take it your on a pc there.. IF I may ask.. I don't mean to change topic, but what are you running as for specs.. so getting back on topic.. nice stuff on your blu and the spells.. good job!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 14:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking at the calculating blue magic dmg page right now and regurg isn't on there. Nothing since before the WoTG spells came out is.

MDB modded is less exciting then I thought. I can only get like 19 from gear max while I can get that i just a couple of slots in MAB lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 14:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm looking at the calculating blue magic dmg page right now and regurg isn't on there. Nothing since before the WoTG spells came out is
Oh what the hell lol. Guess I got used to referencing BGwiki for BLU spells, hang on...

MND_30, Multiplier = 1.83 (2.46 from behind), T = 2.0, half threshold value and D upper cap unknown. dINT as you know.

Edited in new spell info above.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 14:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent thank you.

Interesting all the other primary int modded spells on wiki are secondary modded by int too. And sometimes mnd but not this one.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-26 16:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

MDB is rarer but Saline coat is hot for it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 16:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The job trait is half as much as MAB job trait and you get about half as much from gear lol. Too bad saline coat decays
 Fenrir.Akuma
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-28 18:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing testing with Plenilune Embrace and have found that it has both a mnd mod and a vit mod, according to my math at present time 2VIT= 1 HP and 2MND=3.5 HP.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-28 18:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenilune and Fruit both work off of the Cure V formula. This is why MND/VIT/Healing Magic skill affect them both and exactly the same.

Fruit is Cure V - 200hp

Plenilune is Cure V -100hp

All Blue Magic cures are based off of existing Healing Magic formulas.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-29 01:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So, for 113 MP, is Blazing Bound going to be worth casting, like, ever? The MDB mod seems like just an unnecessary annoyance rather anything useful. Quite the opposite of useful in fact. Does it do anything other than straight magic damage? Does the MDB mod make it somehow easier to cast on certain mobs that usually resist magic? Just, anything random that might make it useful? Does it at least do good damage at least?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8