Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-20 01:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
encores but yeah lol. you play PLD right? think i've seen you before
Oh sweet a encore sorry about thinking you where claimed. ><
Yes i play pld mainly. You should come to limbus or dyna with eron sometime now a days those are my main events. @.@
 Alexander.Temaruma
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-06-20 01:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Yes i play pld mainly. You should come to limbus or dyna with eron sometime now a days those are my main events. @.@

lol i'll see if i can stop in for a run or two :o

Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-20 01:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Borde sova lite :P Har Ein kl 17 och borde väl sova lite innan

Joda, er vell kanskje en god ide å sove snart :P
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-20 01:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:

Cool see ya then. ^^

As for this thread in summation op you are someone who wants to be original and i can respect that but in your case what you need to do is think of a idea. Run it by some friends and if they tell you it is bad accept it and drop it don't try to prove your right. If it makes it by them then wiki it and see if you can find evidence of it working. After that you should present it to the forum and when someone says you are wrong and provides evidence as to why you are wrong you should accept it and move on. Do not go into a spiral of no i'm right your wrong without being able to solidly disprove there reason with evidence of your own. Also link your char you lose a lot of validity being anon.

Edit' spelling
By Nabis 2010-06-20 01:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

wait r u talking about 80war/40pld? because it hasnt been tested yet
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-20 01:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
True we don't know for certain what war will turn into but we do know what /pld will give at 80 and it gives nothing useful. If you want I will run you threw what you gain and what you loose.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-20 01:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:

Cool see ya then. ^^

As for this thread in summation op you are someone who wants to be original and i can respect that but in your case what you need to so is think of a idea. Run it by some friends and if they tell you it is bad accept it and drop it don't try to prove your right. If it makes it by them then wiki it and see if you can find evidence of it working. After that you should present it to the forum and when someone says you are wrong and provides evidence as to why you are wrong you should accept it and move on. Do not go into a spiral of no i'm right your wrong without being able to solidly disprove there reason with evidence of your own. Also link your char you loose a lot of validity being anon.

Lose and not loose <.<
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-20 01:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:

Cool see ya then. ^^

As for this thread in summation op you are someone who wants to be original and i can respect that but in your case what you need to so is think of a idea. Run it by some friends and if they tell you it is bad accept it and drop it don't try to prove your right. If it makes it by them then wiki it and see if you can find evidence of it working. After that you should present it to the forum and when someone says you are wrong and provides evidence as to why you are wrong you should accept it and move on. Do not go into a spiral of no i'm right your wrong without being able to solidly disprove there reason with evidence of your own. Also link your char you loose a lot of validity being anon.

Lose and not loose <.<

Oh bah fixing it now my bad.
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-06-20 01:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:

Cool see ya then. ^^

Lose and not loose <.<

rawr i r teh grammar natzi of dis hurr thred
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-20 01:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:

What do you want to test with /PLD exactly?

The truth is: /PLD still won't give you a 3hit build and it still won't give you "50-60tp bk after ws when warcry is in effect with 5/5 savagry."

Nabis said:

Obvious Nabis is obvious.

/thread

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-20 10:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Nabis said:

What do you want to test with /PLD exactly?

The truth is: /PLD still won't give you a 3hit build and it still won't give you "50-60tp bk after ws when warcry is in effect with 5/5 savagry."

Nabis said:

Obvious Nabis is obvious.

/thread
Ok since someone /thread-ed i have to do this
/startthread
 Hades.Ferusio
Server: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2010-06-20 11:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr

from what i did read, lolwar/pld
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-06-20 11:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

80WAR/PLD40 would be ok on non hard mobs, but then again other subs would be more useful.

WAR has low ratings in shield/eva/parry. Now sure you can stack on def like crazy, but since when was blood tanking anything hard been viable?

I don't see /pld offering anything at all that would benefit a war. You'd be better off going /nin using Adoubeu's pavise for shield mastery.

I'm curious what you see in /pld that makes it so great
 Hades.Ferusio
Server: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2010-06-20 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

flash ovbs
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-20 11:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For you Nabis :

(a) ______ going to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day.

(b) We don't know ______ we'll be staying.

(c) Last year we ______ forced to sleep in the van.
By Nabis 2010-06-20 11:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

(a) = ***
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-20 11:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He was mocking your grammar. Since I don't think you got it. :x
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-06-20 12:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

be nice, as we have previously come to the conclusion that his hat ate his brain
[+]
By Nabis 2010-06-20 12:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Nepharite said:
80WAR/PLD40 would be ok on non hard mobs, but then again other subs would be more useful. WAR has low ratings in shield/eva/parry. Now sure you can stack on def like crazy, but since when was blood tanking anything hard been viable? I don't see /pld offering anything at all that would benefit a war. You'd be better off going /nin using Adoubeu's pavise for shield mastery. I'm curious what you see in /pld that makes it so great

not sure was just wondering/ what would u say about going 80war/40dnc with a second but weak provoke
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-20 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

100x better than /pld.
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-06-20 12:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
80WAR/PLD40 would be ok on non hard mobs, but then again other subs would be more useful. WAR has low ratings in shield/eva/parry. Now sure you can stack on def like crazy, but since when was blood tanking anything hard been viable? I don't see /pld offering anything at all that would benefit a war. You'd be better off going /nin using Adoubeu's pavise for shield mastery. I'm curious what you see in /pld that makes it so great

not sure was just wondering/ what would u say about going 80war/40dnc with a second but weak provoke

2nd provoke would be kinda useless imo if you can't perform the basic functions of tanking to begin with.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-20 13:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The Basic functions of tanking are mitigating damage entirely not blood tanking and praying for the best, WAR/NIN or WAR/SAM will remain the best in terms of DD and Tanking, and WAR/DNC probably best for soloing... So im pretty much agree with you here Neph.

Unless Fencer is unnaturally powerful, its at best going to be a toy to play around with since the requirements are Single Wielding with a Shield.

BST/DNC will probably get the best use from this.

I know all you WARs are going to whine but why would you even want to consider filling a tanking role? WAR/PLD was good, maybe, in 2003 When you had 3 WHMs per party, but its not coming back, it never is... its at best a toy when soloing, which is obsolete thanks to /DNC.

Anything you can do on WAR/PLD that would be remotely useful can be outdone by just about any main-stream "Tank" jobs.

Harsh words but this is silly, WAR/PLD...

Even at level 45 when WAR will get Fencer its very unlikely to become a tank job, and if the role does fall back onto WAR as a main tank, You're going to be better off Eatin' Some Sushi or Pizza, and going WAR/DNC, at those levels your Damage + Curing yourself/others and Voke/Warcry will be enough to keep you hate, and if not your other DD can sub NIN, or /SAM...

Its optimistic but unlikely, Fk i wouldn't want to tank at those levels, if i wanted to be invited to main tank in an exp party i'd level PLD or NIN.

Oh wait.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-20 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:

2nd provoke would be kinda useless imo if you can't perform the basic functions of tanking to begin with.

get a real tank and /sam like a man
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-20 20:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:

yup you gotta pay to play, and /dnc is expensive on the tp when it comes to animated flourish, so many other better things to use over that.
By Katalsar 2010-06-20 20:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I can almost guarantee Sekkanoki will be gimped giving probably 50 TP after WS.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-20 20:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Katalsar said:
i don't know about all that, that'd make it all pointless, we'll see after someone gets to 80 though i guess lolol.
[+]
By Katalsar 2010-06-20 21:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Think about it why gimp meditate but not sekkanoki?

But i guess, SE thinking desperately to keep gamers playing anyway.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-20 21:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Katalsar said:

Sekkanoki merely limits the use of your next WS to 100TP, it doesn't "Give TP."

IE: @150%, you use Sekkanoki, then WS. You'll be left with 50+Tp Return pending WS hits.

Edit: Wording
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-20 21:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Katalsar said:
Think about it why gimp meditate but not sekkanoki?

But i guess, SE thinking desperately to keep gamers playing anyway.

But then again, they allready said which abilities that's getting gimped for subjobs, and which abilities that wont be available at all.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-20 21:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Katalsar said:
That's not even how the JA works though. It just uses X amount of TP and leaves the rest.

Just giving you 50 tp after ws wouldn't make any sense. Now if it said the JA would expend 150 tp instead of 100 tp that'd make sense (but even then I doubt they'd do it. not every JA is gimped as a sub)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13