WTF Is Wrong Is America Thinking ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » WTF is wrong is America thinking ?
WTF is wrong is America thinking ?
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-11 15:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Media/army-investigates-mismanagement-arlington-national-cemetery-200-graves/story?id=10879132
Lastnight on ABC , millions of americans were informed of the "Mismanagement" of Arlington . The article and again lastnight on the news the idiots responsible for this arent really being punished . While being stripped of 'Authority' , they get to retire fully . Now i'm no rocket scientist or even a high school grad (but i do have a GED...) for that matter , but last time i checked when you knowingly and purposely screw up while at the same time do some extremely morally questionable *** , you dont get to retire with full benefits like you did the job correctly . I mean wtf is Obama thinking ? I know he isnt directly in charge of this , but seriously that where the Buck stops . If the Secretary fo the Army is pussing out , the Prez needs to ball up and do something . I mean this is really one of many things done wrong against the citizens of America and the Government does nothing about it . Anyone feel Full retirement is ok ? i mean really .......
[+]
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
Server: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2010-06-11 15:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like the long dead people care. Anybody who's recently been buried there's family would know where to find their plot. This doesn't even make the Top 100 Army's Biggest Recent ***-ups List.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-06-11 15:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Media/army-investigates-mismanagement-arlington-national-cemetery-200-graves/story?id=10879132

Lastnight on ABC , millions of americans were informed of the "Mismanagement" of Arlington .

The article and again lastnight on the news the idiots responsible for this arent really being punished .

While being stripped of 'Authority' , they get to retire fully .

Now i'm no rocket scientist or even a high school grad (but i do have a GED...) for that matter , but last time i checked when you knowingly and purposely screw up while at the same time do some extremely morally questionable *** , you dont get to retire with full benefits like you did the job correctly .

I mean wtf is Obama thinking ? I know he isnt directly in charge of this , but seriously that where the Buck stops .

If the Secretary fo the Army is pussing out , the Prez needs to ball up and do something .

I mean this is really one of many things done wrong against the citizens of America and the Government does nothing about it .

Anyone feel Full retirement is ok ? i mean really .......

Sorry was making my eyes bleed trying to read that.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-11 15:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up with people putting a space in between the last letter of a sentence and the punctuation of the sentence? Like, sup with that?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-11 15:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything comes out of the investigation to show that he was personally responsible, there's a chance he will lose those retirement benefits (at the least).

It's not uncommon for people to be given their last couple months to retirement from a government job if something happens. Though usually that's a forced retirement. I'm not sure if his announcement was for forced or not. The article doesn't state it, but I wouldn't be surprised.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-11 18:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
What's up with people putting a space in between the last letter of a sentence and the punctuation of the sentence? Like, sup with that?

You must always put exactly one space between sentences. Pick up any newspaper, book or magazine and tell me how many spaces there are between sentences.

One.

Edit: Ohh wait . You mean when people do this . Yeah . WTF is up with that ?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-11 19:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

LARGEBLOCKOFTEXT.
seriously, what is up with americans saying all these damn slang terms, i can't understand them speak english damnit!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-11 19:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Interestingly, the normal publishing/typography standard has always been for two spaces after a period, one after a comma or otherwise. I don't remember the history as to why. Something to do with the spacing of typewriter fonts?

The internet ruined it, because HTML has no native way to do whitespace longer than one character without resorting to the nbsp; entity or similar. I'm not that knowledgeable as to why.

(Of course, a space between the last word and the punctuation is just nuts.)