Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Earring Suggestions
RDM Earring Suggestions
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-06-05 20:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What should I get? Was about to go bet a Loq. earring, and wanted to get Cassandra and Helenes' I think they are called. What other good options are there?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-05 20:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

log and magnetic for precast, The set for general debuffs, mnd for slow/para, moldy and novio for nukes, novia and the cure potency one for cures.

Magnetic for utsesmi
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-06-05 20:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Magnetic Earring.

[+]
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-06-05 20:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I always see moar fast cast as a plus. Is handy to have plus all it costs is those ancient beastcoins..

I'm guessing those other 2 earrings are the set activated ones? Dealing with NMs is never fun...
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-06-05 20:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you get them from camping 2 Weapon NMs
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-05 20:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
log and magnetic for precast, The set for general debuffs, mnd for slow/para, moldy and novio for nukes, novia and the cure potency one for cures.

Magnetic for utsesmi

This...
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-05 22:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
mnd for slow/para
And Stoneskin!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-05 22:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
mnd for slow/para
And Stoneskin!
I thought about putting that... but even as a taru a rdm should be capping stoneskin in pretty much idle gear lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-06-05 22:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need additional MND for stoneskin, you're doing it wrong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Scid
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scid 2010-06-05 22:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

2x Morion Earring +1
2x Communion Earring or 1 + Magnetic
Loquac Earring.
Novio + Moldavite
Novia

That's it I think.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-06-05 22:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The only earrings I use on rdm are loquacious, magnetic, roundel, moldavite, antivenom and an aptus (mag acc+1, mag attk+2) earring.

Ive had blm friends who dont have novio get that cassandra set. Camping NMs is one of my least favorite past times so I have no urge to camp such a thing.

Crapaud earring is another good earring with mag attk+2 on it but good luck getting the bcnm to open. I dont think Ive ever seen it happen, everybody focuses on windy and sandy areas.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-06-05 22:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think conserve MP triat proc pre cast ..

But yeah generally as Dasva said , for cures I'd say Magnetic/Novia or Loq/Magnetic , unless you have more cure potency gear in other slots i.g: Teiwaz ; ASA pants with cure potency ; MDE hat with cure potency , or whm main , I don't see Roundel worth it alone .
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-06-05 23:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

even with novio and still trying for cassandra set
the mag acc on them is great, imo, for debuffs
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-05 23:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Holyman said:
I still haven't gotten around to testing it myself but wiki says so... fast cast definitely is
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-06 18:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
even with novio and still trying for cassandra set
the mag acc on them is great, imo, for debuffs

Nice waste of your time. Do a couple of ASA fomor bcnm, I toss the earrrings with mac on them, as they are common, and you have some chance for some really nice ones : max is skill +3 and mac +2. This bcnm is duoable btw, mnk+rdm for instance clear it in 15 minutes.

edit : also you can have MAB on those ... which would suit you well since no novio.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [88 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Berkley
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Berkley 2010-09-02 19:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*Loquacious/Magnetic for any non stat based spells
*Loquacious/Star Earring for MND based spells (star is same as Communion but adds +20MP)
*Loquacious/Omniscient Earring for INT based spells

is my current earring setup atm for RDM. i rarely nuke but a Moldavite or Novio earring could be used for the MAB
 Ifrit.Vextra
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-09-02 19:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yay the new trend, to revive dead threads woot!!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 19:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Berkley said:
*Loquacious/Star Earring for MND based spells (star is same as Communion but adds +20MP)

is my current earring setup atm for RDM. i rarely nuke but a Moldavite or Novio earring could be used for the MAB

So you cast mnd and int based spells in an earring meant for precast onry?

MND
precast loq midcast mnd earrings x2

INT
precast loq midcast int x2 , moldy, novio or any combo there of

uber facepalm
 Ifrit.Vextra
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-09-02 19:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Cerberus.Berkley said:

So you cast mnd and int based spells in an earring meant for precast onry?

MND
precast loq midcast mnd earrings x2

INT
precast loq midcast int x2 , moldy, novio or any combo there of

uber facepalm

some people dont play on pc(cant imagine why tho), and really who makes that many macros on xbox or ps2/3 to gear swap midcast?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 20:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh really loq doesn't really help that much. If it's a spell that you could use stats/mab/whatever in and don't use spellcast (and even sometimes if you do) just use that. Trust me you won't notice that little tiny bit of fast cast
 Cerberus.Berkley
By Cerberus.Berkley 2010-09-02 20:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i never bothered with spellcast and all the pre-cast gear swapping

EDiT: 98% of the time im not the only RDM at events so if i cant land it one of the others can. its really not that big of a deal to me cause in the end its just a game
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 20:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Berkley said:
i never bothered with spellcast and all the pre-cast gear swapping EDiT: 98% of the time im not the only RDM at events so if i cant land it one of the others can. its really not that big of a deal to me cause in the end its just a game
This allow part of the reason is spellcast puts a small delay in there to make sure you get in your precast at the start... which is highly noticable on older machines. Which of course kinda defeats the purpose and is just another set of swaps which can go wrong
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-02 20:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
I still haven't gotten around to testing it myself but wiki says so... fast cast definitely is

conserve mp definitely doesnt proc precast lol that makes 0 sense
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 20:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Berkley said:
i never bothered with spellcast and all the pre-cast gear swapping EDiT: 98% of the time im not the only RDM at events so if i cant land it one of the others can. its really not that big of a deal to me cause in the end its just a game
This allow part of the reason is spellcast puts a small delay in there to make sure you get in your precast at the start... which is highly noticable on older machines. Which of course kinda defeats the purpose and is just another set of swaps which can go wrong

I am more bothered by the fact that you say this " 98% of the time im not the only RDM at events so if i cant land it one of the others can. its really not that big of a deal to me cause in the end its just a game" ~ If every RDM had that same attitude, you would ALL fail the event, and you are very correct~ It is just a game, and it is fine if when you solo you don't care if you have the best gear available for that spell/job. =) I respect that completely. Most people will attest to me trying to respect everyone to the best of my ability. When you are doing events though, you are affecting other people's games as well, and that is not very nice of you =(. I played the first 5 years of my gaming life on xbox so I did not use spellcast etc I had the same macro situation as you did. And I would have not bothered with precast at all to be honest on xbox, rather have loq as an idle set (which is 1 macro) then equip int earring or mnd when i go into the particular set of spells. Just my advice, sorry if it offends.
 Cerberus.Berkley
By Cerberus.Berkley 2010-09-02 20:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

haha not at all everyone is entitled to their opinions and tbh i get called blm so much that im hardly ever the one going RDM to serious event ***. i started playing this game way late after it had been out for years so im def not as far along as most everyone else but on my server alone probably about 75% of the rdms i see still in af1 gloves/boots with just no clue at all. if i was rdm fulltime all the time then yea id probably be worried about my slow2 not landing or para2 not procing as much as id like it to. if i probably took the time to try and understand the XML and spellcast id use it.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 21:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you 100% about having your main job that you come (and im guessing as blm you are going to be rather decently geared) since you main it at events~ which is why I don't understand why not /equip lear int earring that I am sure you must have for blm! utilize what you have my friend!! And trust me, if you make the subtle differences now, maybe you can break out of the blm only zone your ls has you in~ Not going to lie as a blm main I burnt out real quick always coming blm to events (as everyone knows we always exp to die to exp some more) :D

I wish you the best ! *Edit: You could camp the magic att bonus/magic acc bonus set

They are super nice for EVERY mage job :)

Especially if you cant afford the pimp JOL earring :<
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-09-02 21:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you swap the precast armor for mid-cast armor? i always get an error in chat log and it doesn't work for me :/
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-02 21:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ericka have u tried the /wait command?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 21:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
how do you swap the precast armor for mid-cast armor? i always get an error in chat log and it doesn't work for me :/
Lag less
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-02 21:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
conserve mp definitely doesnt proc precast lol that makes 0 sense
No it doesn't make sense but if it did it would rock. I have since then tested it. About 200+ spells later with +10 not a single proc
First Page 2