First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 01:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't even know what Ihina's point or objective here is anymore. Care to paraphrase what you're dancing around for so long?

To recap the thread.

I said after getting items to the point where you can pass yourself off as decent, don't waste time getting gear that you're going to replace anyways. IE. Getting Homam legs is good. There's no need to turn your ASA legs into 3haste/7acc when you should be aiming for Skadi legs anyways. Put that effort into something else more productive.

And along come the jesters who were offended, somehow, and decided to insult my gear choice(because that is really relevant to the thread 'n all). I asked their ring leader, Tigerwoods, to show me that I made a bad choice. His conclusion was if the WS frequency increase was more than 10%, then blau/sir wins. I asked for specific numbers and he refused.

Three pages later, I did half of the remaining math for him and he still refuses.

It is rather note-worthy to point out that that he bragged about his knowledge of the fundamentals of the game, and then refused to do the calculations, even though it took me about 2 minutes to do half of the calculations myself.

There is no argument here. Just a bunch of children throwing random internet insults at me. Nothing more.

Anymore questions?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-05 01:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Three pages later, I did half of the remaining math for him and he still refuses.

Only math you did here was the piece of ***18% increase dmg/hit vs 18% attack speed increase, lol, and tried to pass that off as the full comparison.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 01:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Do it all yourself, or stfu.
Nothing is being accomplished here. Pharpe hasn't been proven or disproven for w/e point you were trying to make.

FLYING JUMP KICK HYAA~

I have done the math and I have come to a conclusion. Took me about 4 minutes.

Principle stands though. He's the one who called me out on the gear choices, he's the one who needs to prove that I'm wrong. I don't need to prove that I'm right since the burden of proof lies upon him.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 01:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Only math you did here was the piece of ***18% increase dmg/hit vs 18% attack speed increase, lol, and tried to pass that off as the full comparison.

That was 5 pages ago. I've already told you how much tp/minute p.harpe/blau gets. All you really have to do now is find out how much tp/min blau/sir gets and compare the two. Can you do it? I'm making this way too easy for you.

The formulas are all on the wiki. If you need additional help, the computer you're using most likely has a calculator function that can assist you.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-05 01:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, burden of proof lies on you. Sure, I lol'd at your pharp, but you're the first person to make a claim and your claim is that it and sirroco are almost the same damage. So if you want to talk burdens of proof, you haven't done so on that.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-05 01:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have been more clear. What I meant was (as all math teachers say) SHOW YOUR WORK!

That so hard? Or do you believe we aren't worthy of your godly algebra skills?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-05 01:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That was 5 pages ago. I've already told you how much tp/minute p.harpe/blau gets. All you really have to do now is find out how much tp/min blau/sir gets and compare the two. Can you do it? I'm making this way too easy for you.

The formulas are all on the wiki. If you need additional help, the computer you're using most likely has a calculator function that can assist you.
So, yes, my quote was 100% right. You didn't post any math, you just provided a number, again, which is subject to gear that you never gave me.
Quote:
P.harpe/blau gains TP at 127.4/minute.

So you're telling me what you're wearing doesn't matter? So if you get 127.4 tp in one minute with 0 store tp gear, you'd get 127.4/minute with a rajas, skadi, ecphoria, brutal, and the +2 augment store tp neck?

That number, as it is, means nothing at all
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-06-05 01:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the TP/min of p.harpe/blau and how did you come to that conclusion?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 01:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Actually, burden of proof lies on you. Sure, I lol'd at your pharp, but you're the first person to make a claim and your claim is that it and sirroco are almost the same damage. So if you want to talk burdens of proof, you haven't done so on that.

If that's what you're going to say, then lolno I won't do it. What are you going to do now? The only course of action for you is to either prove that I'm wrong or ignore it completely.

If you won't show me where I'm wrong, then ok. Completely disregarding that you were so eager earlier to show me via math where I'm wrong, I'll just think of you as an idiot and you think of me as an idiot and be done with it.

What more are you going to do? Throw more random insults at me?
Quote:
I should have been more clear. What I meant was (as all math teachers say) SHOW YOUR WORK!

That so hard? Or do you believe we aren't worthy of your godly algebra skills?

Man, life's not easy mode. If he wants answers, he needs to figure it out himself. I'm not just going to hand it to him.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-05 01:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pharp is a 20% increase to sirroco! THAT IS THE MATH BY THE WAY GAIS
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 01:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So, yes, my quote was 100% right. You didn't post any math, you just provided a number, again, which is subject to gear that you never gave me.

Basically, you want me to tell you how to do the math.

Right?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-05 01:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. You said you posted math, I said you did not. Whose having trouble with the reading comprehension now? I was merely pointing out the fact that you did not.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-05 01:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to say this again.
If you don't show your work, none of your numbers mean anything.

If you don't show your work, nothing you say is credible.

"He needs to figure it out himself"- Until you show that YOU can figure it out yourself, we'll all assume you can't.

Prove me wrong.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 01:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-06-05 01:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

3% Dual Wield

Versus

3% Dual Wield

There. Math. Go.
If you have a problem with the augment on the mirke or any gear choices, please. Let me know so I can correct them rapidly.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 01:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Nope. You said you posted math, I said you did not. Whose having trouble with the reading comprehension now? I was merely pointing out the fact that you did not.

Nope, I said I've done half the math for you, not that I've posted half the math.

From where I'm sitting, you're the one having trouble with reading comprehension.
Quote:
I'm going to say this again.
If you don't show your work, none of your numbers mean anything.

If you don't show your work, nothing you say is credible.

"He needs to figure it out himself"- Until you show that YOU can figure it out yourself, we'll all assume you can't.

Prove me wrong.

My entire intention of posting the tp/min for p.harpe/blau is to show him that he can be done, after he adamantly refused and persisted that it can't be done with the available information. I have no intention of actually defending myself simply because I don't need to.

So go ahead, assume that I can't do the math myself. Did you really think something like that would affect me?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 01:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You have yet to show anything supporting your given number. All you do is dance around saying you did the math blahblahblah when you have yet to post it.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-06-05 01:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ihina's math is wrong.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-05 02:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
So go ahead, assume that I can't do the math myself. Did you really think something like that would affect me?

It did if you retorted to that.

Nothing has changed, P.Harpe still isn't better than or equal to the aforementioned dagger combinations.

Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-06-05 02:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
P.harpe/blau gains TP at 127.4/minute.

This is incorrect. P.harpe/blau does not gain 127.4 TP per minute.

I've done the math for you, and have found your mistake.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 02:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As stated multiple times before, he's the one getting on my case about the p.harpe. There is no need for me to do any math because I don't need to defend my choice. He's the aggressor, the burden of proof lays upon him. He started it, and now he won't finish. That's called being a coward by the way.

Is it really that hard? It's all common sense here. If I'm wrong, show me where I'm wrong. I guess I can keep repeating that, but I don't think you people will get it through your heads.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-05 02:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
You have yet to show anything supporting your given number. All you do is dance around saying you did the math blahblahblah when you have yet to post it.
Because:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Ihina's math doesn't exist.
Fixed.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-05 02:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:
As stated multiple times before, he's the one getting on my case about the p.harpe. There is no need for me to do any math because I don't need to defend my choice. He's the aggressor, the burden of proof lays upon him. He started it, and now he won't finish. That's called being a coward by the way.

Is it really that hard? It's all common sense here. If I'm wrong, show me where I'm wrong. I guess I can keep repeating that, but I don't think you people will get it through your heads.
Oh i see now, so you're right until someone proves you wrong. You wont list the reason you're right but you want others to spell it out and do all the math for you...

but... then you'll STILL insist you're right.

gg'z. *** leet troll skills.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-05 02:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:

Oh i see now, so you're right until someone proves you wrong. You wont list the reason you're right but you want others to spell it out and do all the math for you...

but... then you'll STILL insist you're right.

gg'z. *** leet troll skills.

Innocent until proven guilty =/= right until proven wrong.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-06-05 02:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If I'm wrong, show me where I'm wrong. I guess I can keep repeating that, but I don't think you people will get it through your heads.

I don't have to show you where you are wrong. You can't show me where I am wrong can you? Maybe you just won't, so why should I?

You are wrong. Can you deal with that?

In all honesty. It doesn't matter if your answer is right, or wrong. That number is worthless regardless as there are quite a few too many variables to consider in one minute's time.

The only number that matters here is TP/hit after Dual Wield and Store TP modifiers.

The amount of Store TP does matter, unlike haste and other variables. This is because a slower set of weapons(Or a slower weapon in general) will gain more TP from the same amount of Store TP, than a faster set of weapons.

If you have a weapon delay of 500, and a weapon delay of 400. Both weapons equipped with 10 Store TP. Which one gains more TP/hit?
The obvious answer is the slower weapon. However: Subtract the baseTP/hit from those numbers and you will discover your error.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 02:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are pretty persistent that point, huh? burden of proof is not a hard concept and I don't need to repeat a dozen times.

Now hush everyone, tigerwoods is working hard on that algrebra I asked him to do 4 pages back.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 02:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't have to show you where you are wrong. You can't show me where I am wrong can you? Maybe you just won't, so why should I?

In reality, this is called brushing it off and moving on with life.

It's also what I'm currently doing, and you all seem so pissed about it.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16