I LOVE Lady Gaga.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » I LOVE Lady Gaga.
I LOVE Lady Gaga.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 11:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I also doubt she is conforming to much. She just has her own style, have you ever seen any of the interviews with her? At least she doesn't have to sing about getting wasted in every single one of her songs like some singers.

Madonna. Look her up sometime. Gaga is nothing more than a modernized touch up of her antics.

HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to compare them like that. Does that mean nobody can ever be different in that business or have a certain style because Madonna has done it?

No matter how you "change it up" or put your own "style" in it, you can't ignore the origins. The fact is, she took influence from one artist and put her own threads and vocals over it and called it her own. That's not original. Frankly, nothing modern out now is or ever was original. As before; everything now is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.
How is this relevant given that it applies to all modern music? It changes nothing.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Just confirming what I said earlier, you are one of those tools who hates things because they are popular. Unique little snowflake.

Whatever helps you sleep at night kiddo.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 12:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

She has already stated she has a lot of people she looked up to. She even got her name from a famous song. You realize that EVERYONE nowadays does this?
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-02 12:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Quote:
Case in point, Paramore. Been around forever but now everyone seems to know who they are.
Catchy, but Hayley's not all that talented.
Quote:
Also, Flyleaf. I will put her voice against anyone's out there. These bands might be known a little now but they Have been around years.
Good but nowhere near top tier.

Taking a wannabe band and calling them musicians is a shady debating technique. Computerizing a voice and computer music are seperate things. Hell T-Pain makes a career off of Auto-Tune and the idiots who arent disgusted with it.

Hayley and Lacey are both very very talented. You are just ***-riding Gaga and i mean ***-riding in every sense of the word.
 Valefor.Xiga
Server: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-06-02 12:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get it. What's wrong with Weewoo's opinion? He obviously just doesn't like her. And ofc his opinion is valid cause it's music and if you don't like it...well, you just don't like it. You listen to the music and you are like: "Meh, I just don't like it." That's it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 12:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Just confirming what I said earlier, you are one of those tools who hates things because they are popular. Unique little snowflake.

I sleep just fine every night knowing what I like. I don't have to be a insecure little tool and hate everything that is popular because its popular. I hope you sleep well knowing you are a unique little snowflake. You have done everything first and never copy anything anyone has ever done in your life. You are a prime example of what everyone should be right? Never doing what has already been done before!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 12:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Auto-Tune is awesome. A lot of the Kpop groups that I listen to use Auto-Tune and that makes the songs so much better. I'm also a huge techno/electric fan.

Some of the best singers in the world cannot put together a pop song. That's why they're singers, not pop-stars.
By Zekko 2010-06-02 12:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about mainstream versus underground. It's about the way music isnt about music anymore, it's about money and appearance.

All pop music shares the same traits it's just so ridiculous:

Brand Names

Titles(fits in with the above; Lady Gaga)

Money

It's all the same when it coems to simple music progression

Target market > usually teens(aka Jonas Brothers are *** ***but there whole fanbase is tweens)

Tweens dont understand what good music is

They are all the same, just differant appearance/style

They dont care about the music they only care about the money

Music shouldnt be about money

They cater to the fact that its a social phenom as in,
X listens Z music X friends what to fit in so they listen to Z music

At the end of the day Lady Gaga is just club music that i will dance to when im drunk. Dont hate because its my opinion.
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-02 12:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Yes this is lady gaga and the reason she hides behind hair, costumes, glasses and hats.

and? nothing wrong with her.

this was just at people arguing she is beautiful. has nothing to do with her singing/musical ability.

she can play music and she sings ok but i dont see her as anything other than a Madonna wannabe.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
She has already stated she has a lot of people she looked up to. She even got her name from a famous song. You realize that EVERYONE nowadays does this?

Now you understand why so many people don't think she's all that great. Have you ever heard a new artist come out with "new" stuff and told yourself "Hmmm, that sounds alot like (insert artist with similar/identical sound/genre here)."

I have, and Gaga isn't that much different. I don't see anything special or unique other than her over the top fashion style which even then is another modernized touch up that someone did decades ago. Nothing new here.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 12:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Taking a wannabe band and calling them musicians is a shady debating technique
Not at all. It's crappy music, but it's music nonetheless and runs counter to your point.
Quote:
Hayley and Lacey are both very very talented. You are just ***-riding Gaga and i mean ***-riding in every sense of the word.
ITT: People without a musical bone in their body think they know what the ***.

Bad Romance makes me throw up in my mouth every time I hear it. Paparazzi's not much better, etc etc. Doesn't mean I don't know talent when I hear it.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I sleep just fine every night knowing what I like. I don't have to be a insecure little tool and hate everything that is popular because its popular. I hope you sleep well knowing you are a unique little snowflake. You have done everything first and never copy anything anyone has ever done in your life. You are a prime example of what everyone should be right? Never doing what has already been done before!

Insecure much? lol
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-02 12:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
It's not about mainstream versus underground. It's about the way music isnt about music anymore, it's about money and appearance.

All pop music shares the same traits it's just so ridiculous:

Brand Names

Titles(fits in with the above; Lady Gaga)

Money

It's all the same when it coems to simple music progression

Target market > usually teens(aka Jonas Brothers are *** ***but there whole fanbase is tweens)

Tweens dont understand what good music is

They are all the same, just differant appearance/style

They dont care about the music they only care about the money

Music shouldnt be about money

They cater to the fact that its a social phenom as in,
X listens Z music X friends what to fit in so they listen to Z music

At the end of the day Lady Gaga is just club music that i will dance to when im drunk. Dont hate because its my opinion.

Can we get this guy a medal?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 12:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all, I just wish I could achieve your greatness. Doing everything first and never copying off something someone did EVER in the past. We should all strive to be like you.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 12:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Xiga said:
I don't get it. What's wrong with Weewoo's opinion? He obviously just doesn't like her. And ofc his opinion is valid cause it's music and if you don't like it...well, you just don't like it. You listen to the music and you are like: "Meh, I just don't like it." That's it.
Not liking her is opinions and I don't really care about that, but music is my home turf and I know a lot more about musical talent than most people here. Saying she's untalented isn't an opinion, it's ***.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Not at all, I just wish I could achieve your greatness. Doing everything first and never copying off something someone did EVER in the past. We should all strive to be like you.

K
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 2010 people. Of course music will not be the same as it was before. With more technology will come more technical artists, which I still think is a talent. If you auto-tune some old stuff it'll sound like ***.

If you don't like the new generation music, tough titty. It's STILL music, whether you say so or not. Please put "IMO" in front of many posts because they're not facts.

Go back to your 1990s stuff and live in the past; it won't bother us one damn bit.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 12:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Valefor.Xiga said:
Not liking her is opinions and I don't really care about that, but music is my home turf and I know a lot more about musical talent than most people here. Saying she's untalented isn't an opinion, it's ***.

See, that comment just makes you look like an ***. You work in a music store, don't you?
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Valefor.Xiga said:

See, that comment just makes you look like an ***. You work in a music store, don't you?

You could like alvin and the chipmunks for all I care, but calling someone out for their own opinions and tastes doesn't make yours any more valid or theirs invalid.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-02 12:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
Taking a wannabe band and calling them musicians is a shady debating technique
Not at all. It's crappy music, but it's music nonetheless and runs counter to your point.
Quote:
ITT: People without a musical bone in their body think they know what the ***.

Bad Romance makes me throw up in my mouth every time I hear it. Paparazzi's not much better, etc etc. Doesn't mean I don't know talent when I hear it.

So you think that because you can play a little music in your dorm room that you are the ONLY person who can play an instrument. you are talking to a career drummer, me, who has played/sang in front of hundreds/thousands of people at a time. Doesnt mean i know all but I sure as hell dont throw this in an argument cause it makes me look cool.

You are just a *** who things they know it all.. a superiority complex because you play an instrument and think you know all. wow, you know how to play something... everyone /bow
By Zekko 2010-06-02 12:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing an instrument doesnt mean you know about musical talent. lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 12:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I let sales (concert and CD) talk about who is talented. People buy stuff they like.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I let sales (concert and CD) talk about who is talented. People buy stuff they like.

Then we're all ***.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 12:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Spency said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Valefor.Xiga said:

You could like alvin and the chipmunks for all I care, but calling someone out for their own opinions and tastes doesn't make yours any more valid or theirs invalid.

I hope that was a misquote.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda. It was going towards Nightfyre.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 12:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Kinda. It was going towards Nightfyre.

Ok, just didn't understand it if it was directed at me.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy to see Exile on Main Street made it back up to #2 on the top Billboards. Now that is a damn good album.

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 12:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Then we're all ***.

Non-talented artists become one-hit wonders. Any longer than 2~3 albums, they clearly are doing something that the world likes. Why is that a talent? Because not everyone can do it. Those that can either fail miserably or become one-hit wonders.

It's fine that YOU don't like it, but a larger majority begs to differ. She's got talent, just not talent that you like.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Then we're all ***.

Non-talented artists become one-hit wonders. Any longer than 2~3 albums, they clearly are doing something that the world likes. Why is that a talent? Because not everyone can do it. Those that can either fail miserably or become one-hit wonders.

It's fine that YOU don't like it, but a larger majority begs to differ. She's got talent, just not talent that you like.

I've acknowledged that many posts ago. Anyways, off to run some errands. Enjoy your Gaga and Justin Beiber or whatever the *** kids listen to these days lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13