I LOVE Lady Gaga.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » I LOVE Lady Gaga.
I LOVE Lady Gaga.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13
By Zekko 2010-06-02 11:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Zekko said:
Talentless, ugly, man, bad music, ultra commercial crap. What more can i say? The only people that listen to her and the rest of the "pop" culture are so closed minded on good music.

She writes, sings, choreographs, designs outfits, etc.

She's far from talentless.
She's not ugly.
For the last *** time she's not a man.
Bad music is a matter of opinion.

Yes, please enlighten us as to what music is considered "good"

I already had this debate with you last time, theres no point in talking to you because youre clearly a fanboy and will defend her against any point made.

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-06-02 11:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Just gonna leave this here...
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Her music is obviously so bad that is the reason its one of the most listened to.

Much to my dismay.

Why do you care so much? If it sucks so bad, why is it liked so much? I think you are forcing your personal opinion too much in this thread.

Firstly, this is just a thread for discussion. Your first mistake was to think I really gave a ***. Secondly, the same reason people voted for George W. Bush twice and listen to the Jonas Brothers. Third; is there really any other option when it comes to discussing one's taste in music? I don't think anyone can say someone is talented and stamp it as a fact.
 Valefor.Xiga
Server: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-06-02 11:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, some ppl like her voice, some don't lol. Call her talented, ok! I just don't like her music. It's that simple. Whether she's mainstream or not, isn't important at all. Her music just doesn't sound good and there's absolutely nothing interesting about her person. She's even too boring to hate her.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 11:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I also doubt she is conforming to much. She just has her own style, have you ever seen any of the interviews with her? At least she doesn't have to sing about getting wasted in every single one of her songs like some singers.
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-02 11:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You say that like all mainstream artists have no talent and every underground artist is a musical force of nature.

Also, who's the non-mainstream chick with the epic pipes? 99.9% of them wouldn't even have the training to put them in the same league, much less the raw talent. Needs a name/face/video.

Pop/Mainstream music cares more about appearance than talent. this isnt an argument, it's fact. In general Mainstream music is over computerized in order to make people who either look good or can dance sound good.

Music that isnt mainstream is real. there is no budget for over computerizing. there is no stupid *** dancing. there is only music. Now some bands who start small of course make it big when others realize their talent.

Case in point, Paramore. Been around forever but now everyone seems to know who they are.

Also, Flyleaf. I will put her voice against anyone's out there. These bands might be known a little now but they Have been around years.

Also, Alison Mosshart, Lights, Tegan and Sara, etc.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 11:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Anyways, to each their own. Not point in arguing about it. But IMO it doesn't take much to shroud out any talent one has musically with making one's self look like a total tool publicly and conforming to mainstream talent-less garbage that people flock to like flies on ***. Emphasis on ***.

If that's where the money is, why go another path?
Hell if I knew I could sing what you consider 'mainstream' I'd go for it. Wouldn't waste my time making some 'new ***.'
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I also doubt she is conforming to much. She just has her own style, have you ever seen any of the interviews with her? At least she doesn't have to sing about getting wasted in every single one of her songs like some singers.

Madonna. Look her up sometime. Gaga is nothing more than a modernized touch up of her antics.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 11:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Zekko said:
Talentless, ugly, man, bad music, ultra commercial crap. What more can i say? The only people that listen to her and the rest of the "pop" culture are so closed minded on good music.

She writes, sings, choreographs, designs outfits, etc.

She's far from talentless.
She's not ugly.
For the last *** time she's not a man.
Bad music is a matter of opinion.

Yes, please enlighten us as to what music is considered "good"

I already had this debate with you last time, theres no point in talking to you because youre clearly a fanboy and will defend her against any point made.

Care to debate with an objective freelance musician instead?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 11:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Her music is obviously so bad that is the reason its one of the most listened to.

Much to my dismay.

Why do you care so much? If it sucks so bad, why is it liked so much? I think you are forcing your personal opinion too much in this thread.

Firstly, this is just a thread for discussion. Your first mistake was to think I really gave a ***. Secondly, the same reason people voted for George W. Bush twice and listen to the Jonas Brothers. Third; is there really any other option when it comes to discussing one's taste in music? I don't think anyone can say someone is talented and stamp it as a fact.

All I see is someone who hates just because its popular. Your opinion isn't valid in my eyes.
 Lakshmi.Auroralith
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Auroralith 2010-06-02 11:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

Yes, that's Lady Gaga.
Wow she looks amazing.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Anyways, to each their own. Not point in arguing about it. But IMO it doesn't take much to shroud out any talent one has musically with making one's self look like a total tool publicly and conforming to mainstream talent-less garbage that people flock to like flies on ***. Emphasis on ***.

Hell if I knew I could sing what you consider 'mainstream' I'd go for it. Wouldn't waste my time making some 'new ***.'

Some people have dignity and prefer to actually play music instruments instead of having a computer do everything for them.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 11:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Xiga said:
there's absolutely nothing interesting about her person. She's even too boring to hate her.

Gaga is probably the most interesting artist out right now, lol.
Just look at the photos people have posted. How the hell is that boring? It's like a musical circus, lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 11:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Madonna. Look her up sometime. Gaga is nothing more than a modernized touch up of her antics.

HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to compare them like that. Does that mean nobody can ever be different in that business or have a certain style because Madonna has done it?
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-06-02 11:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, the thread was made and clearly in the OP asked "Who else likes her?" I myself admitted I do not but admit certain qualities of her music are redeeming.

Instead, you choose to play the Korpg role and come in saying "I DO NOT AGREE! MY WORD IS GOD YOU ARE ALL WRONG!" in a thread made for people who *like* her. There was no mention of discussing why or why not her music is great. You took the time to come into a thread and bad talk a positive outlook on an artist.

You're a music fan? No. You're a douche who has his kind of music and is condescending upon others.

[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 11:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Some people have dignity and prefer to actually play music instruments instead of having a computer do everything for them.

Heh. Dignity shmignity. I want teh monies. I can buy some dignity later.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Much to my dismay.

All I see is someone who hates just because its popular. Your opinion isn't valid in my eyes.

That made no sense. An opinion is exactly that. There's no validity to them in the first place. Quit acting high and mighty over something that only applies to yourself lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 11:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Music that isnt mainstream is real. there is no budget for over computerizing. there is no stupid *** dancing. there is only music. Now some bands who start small of course make it big when others realize their talent.

Quote:
Case in point, Paramore. Been around forever but now everyone seems to know who they are.
Catchy, but Hayley's not all that talented.
Quote:
Also, Flyleaf. I will put her voice against anyone's out there. These bands might be known a little now but they Have been around years.
Good but nowhere near top tier.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 11:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Idiot, you realize she does a lot of live performances?
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-02 11:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes this is lady gaga and the reason she hides behind hair, costumes, glasses and hats.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 11:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

Yes, that's Lady Gaga.
Quoted for *** emphasis. You guys need to see past the show she puts on.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to compare them like that. Does that mean nobody can ever be different in that business or have a certain style because Madonna has done it?

No matter how you "change it up" or put your own "style" in it, you can't ignore the origins. The fact is, she took influence from one artist and put her own threads and vocals over it and called it her own. That's not original. Frankly, nothing modern out now is or ever was original. As before; everything now is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-02 11:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Yes this is lady gaga and the reason she hides behind hair, costumes, glasses and hats.

I don't see how that's a valid reason. :P
She isn't my cup of tea, but I'd still plow her.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 11:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:

and? nothing wrong with her.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 11:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

No matter how you "change it up" or put your own "style" in it, you can't ignore the origins. The fact is, she took influence from one artist and put her own threads and vocals over it and called it her own. That's not original. Frankly, nothing modern out now is or ever was original. As before; everything now is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.

Same could be said with a LOT of other songs, video game plots, video game music, movie plots etc. People take influences and put their own spin on it. That isn't something to be condemned, its normal.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Actually, the thread was made and clearly in the OP asked "Who else likes her?" I myself admitted I do not but admit certain qualities of her music are redeeming.

Instead, you choose to play the Korpg role and come in saying "I DO NOT AGREE! MY WORD IS GOD YOU ARE ALL WRONG!" in a thread made for people who *like* her. There was no mention of discussing why or why not her music is great. You took the time to come into a thread and bad talk a positive outlook on an artist.

You're a music fan? No. You're a douche who has his kind of music and is condescending upon others.

Asura.Oncilla said:
Who else does!?

No, she doesn't have a ***.
GtfoET.

She's a very talented artist and she writes her own songs. >_>
She also performs like none other.
D: I wanna see her live.

Discuss why or why you don't like her.
ACTUAL reasons przu. No "lolshe'saman!"

Wat?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-02 11:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just confirming what I said earlier, you are one of those tools who hates things because they are popular. Unique little snowflake.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Same could be said with a LOT of other songs, video game plots, video game music, movie plots etc. People take influences and put their own spin on it. That isn't something to be condemned, its normal.

Thank you for understanding.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13