Forum » FFXI » General » Price sink
Price sink
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so of course we have the usual supply and demand speeches with "don't drop my item price bfffffff" but has anyone noticed the price sink on many items over the past week? Its amazing tbh lol. Just 2 of the main items that I have noticed

Hecates cape. (price last week) 1mil (price now) 300k O.o;

Ixion cape. (price last week) 1.2mil-sih (price now) 800k

Hecates cape is probably due to everyone rushing to do that battlefield but lol it really is remarkable. Almost as much as a huge price jump when an item becomes "the thing."
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-01 14:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it happens. Hell the week before my server got acess to that both hecates cape and tricel neck were being shouted to be sold for 9-10mil. Next week more like 1mil each and still dropping.

Mostly cause they aren't that uber awesome just niche peices and now the people that wanted it at any price just to be that guy who has it when the rest of the server doesn't has them it drops to more about what it's worth.

And of course having the option between capes they can start competing with each other on the ah
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 15:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

eh I would still rather use Ixion over hecates...so there isn't much competition lol which is why Hecates dropped 700k and ixion only dropped 300-500k XD
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Server: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-06-01 15:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun - 2,5kk => 1,2kk
Blau Dolch - 2,1kk => 1,1kk
Lu Shang - 3,5kk => 2,6kk
Mercurial Kris - 3kk => 2,3kk

From about ~20.04. to 01.06. on Fenrir

Nuuuuuuu~
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-01 15:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

the really hilarious part comes when you go back to the original level cap update threads and look at everyone making fun of the people who sold their expensive ***then
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-01 15:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the nature of most newly added items; just look at the prices of those new INT necklaces and how they've dropped. Hecate cape seemed to behave more extremely and rapidly; I can imagine a lot of people not thinking clearly and rushing to either make a quick buck or do "uber 1337" damage (in b4 this thread turns into Hecate vs Ixion). I was saving up gil for an Ixion this past 2 weeks and realized I could have possibly bought a Hecate when they bottomed out at 300k right before Lakshmi loses access to the fight and made a profit the next week, but it would have been gambling on par with the derivatives folks.