~50 Blu Mage Gear Suggestions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » ~50 Blu mage gear suggestions?
~50 Blu mage gear suggestions?
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-28 10:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I recently-ish started leveling Blue Mage and am up to level 49(with about 200 exp to 50). To be completely honest, I've heard varying things from people on what to equip, but most say I should stack STR for the majority of my physical spells and switch to +MND and VIT for self cures, though the latter is a given anyway.
I'd like to get some suggestions on what I should aspire to at around this level while I farm the remaining 8 or so spells I need for the next few levels. Could anyone help out a bit? I'll post my item set.

I am aware of some simple upgrades, such as Tilt Belt to Life Belt, but other than that... I'm pretty much broke but am willing to farm for upgrades.
EDIT: I'm not far in CoP so the things I'd get from Riverne are out of the question.
By semimmortal 2010-05-28 11:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Try stacking as much ACC if you can too. STR will be excellent especially when subbing THF for SACA or just regular SA.

Otherwise at around that level, what I used to do are:
TP: ACC > ATK > STR > DEX(?)
Multi-hit Spells: ACC > STR > DEX(?)
Single-hit Spells w/ SA(CA): STR mainly.

I generally don't WS a lot pre-vorpal, but once you get there, stack on ACC and ATK.

You've got the cures right, so I guess that's it...
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-28 11:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I love wsing that early. If I remember right RLB==> SACA mandalur bite is friggin awesome.

Anyways try to get some more acc/dex/haste then str and att in tp set. str/dex in spell.
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Server: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2010-05-28 11:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

dd

mp
the top rows is pretty much the same
By semimmortal 2010-05-28 11:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Opps, posted before edit, nice set.
Can't see much improvements till maybe AF(spells) Scorpion(TP/WS)...
But that's laaaater lol
By semimmortal 2010-05-28 11:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I love wsing that early. If I remember right RLB==> SACA mandalur bite is friggin awesome.

Anyways try to get some more acc/haste then str/dex in tp set. str/dex in spell.
Ah! Forgot about those... I miss those times lol.
But yeah, MB'ing MP Drainkiss is sex
 Shiva.Lorielain
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-28 11:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dmnone said:
Invalid Item Set
>_> Looks like I'm going to need to pawn my MNK equipment off to afford to go anywhere with BLU in a reasonable timeframe.
:<
I'm a Mithra, not a Galka, though.
By semimmortal 2010-05-28 11:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

RSE Feet for Mithras are pretty nice if Bounding/Leaping Boots won't be available. Lucky cats ><
A mithra friend I know would also sport the legs for the additional MP/stats I think.
By Damiyen 2010-05-28 11:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to save up enough gil for a scorpion harness for when you hit level 57. Vermillion Cloak is extreemly good for resting mp although it is fairly expensive.
When you hit level 60 and have Death Scissors stack up as much STR as you possible can and use Chain Affinty > Sneak Attack > Death Scissors (skipping WS entirly). If you have 150% TP or more you can easily do 1k dmg and everyone in your party will most likely ***their pants
By Virtuosus 2010-05-28 13:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Lorielain said:
Hello! I recently-ish started leveling Blue Mage and am up to level 49(with about 200 exp to 50). To be completely honest, I've heard varying things from people on what to equip, but most say I should stack STR for the majority of my physical spells and switch to MND and VIT for self cures, though the latter is a given anyway.
I'd like to get some suggestions on what I should aspire to at around this level while I farm the remaining 8 or so spells I need for the next few levels. Could anyone help out a bit? I'll post my item set.

I am aware of some simple upgrades, such as Tilt Belt to Life Belt, but other than that... I'm pretty much broke but am willing to farm for upgrades.
EDIT: I'm not far in CoP so the things I'd get from Riverne are out of the question.

These are what I used at 50:

TP

WS/Spells

Took the intruder earring off if it was reducing my MP annoyingly, just used it really because I didn't feel like buying extra earrings. You can get most of those, if not the NQs rather cheaply. I see you don't have a PCC so a Chiv Chain would work fine @60.

I do realize you are mithra though so some of that STR stuff isn't available to you, but there's always other pieces to use. You should opt. for a headlong belt (only 40k on my server and easy to camp), which is only 1% less haste than swift. Or wait until next month for when they remove the level caps on the zones.

Keep in mind, your Spell/WS set will change as you level up. For Vorpal you're going to need ACC/ATK moreso at first than STR (and DEX), and you're gonna get multi-hit spells (aka the big 3) so you'll want more STR/DEX/Acc for those. At the point I got to 60, I split my gear macros specifically for Vorpal, specifically for Death Scissors/1-hit STR based spells, and specifically for the big 3.

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-28 14:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

God I love blue boxes. Too bad there isn't much of that endgame
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-05-28 14:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
God I love blue boxes. Too bad there isn't much of that endgame

Yellow box!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-05-28 15:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Virtuosus said:
I do realize you are mithra though so some of that STR stuff isn't available to you, but there's always other pieces to use.

RSE Feet can be quested to use around OP's level.

To OP: Once you hit 55, Start using Musketeer Commander's Falchions. ACC+3 and ATT+6 on each Sword is pretty amazing for that level, and thanks to the high DMG rating on them, your Melee DoT will be stronger.
 Shiva.Lorielain
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-28 17:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, everyone.
I'll work on getting my RSE feet now that I can kill the mobs reliably, and work on PCC; my LS does't always have the time to do UO, and I've about 4k gil to my name after everything I currently have until some stuff sells.
As for higher up stuff, I have some things that my MNK is using, including scorpion harness and amemet +1, among other things. I could always sell my brown belt for extra gil and then quest it later, since I like BLU much more than MNK at the moment.
Whenever I can get some THF help, I'll be camping Lava's and Kusha's rings, as they're very good for TPing in, it looks, and I most likely won't have Rajas until sometime after the update.