Sorry Guys. You Can't Pay Cash For An Ipad :/

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Sorry guys. You can't pay cash for an ipad :/
Sorry guys. You can't pay cash for an ipad :/
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-19 21:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Liandras said:
Mac: Perfect when you want to have to install a whole different OS to play theANY game..

Non Mac: Hey look hardware, and two OS's I can install.. Three if I get Hacintosh.. I can play games in Two out of three, Perfect.

Wait.. What Were you trying to get at Kvazz? Buying a Macbook, to boot windows, to play FFXI... = Win?

I'm trying to say, why buy a gaminglaptop? That's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. IF you really do need to get on ff or something, that's an option.

Small edit: A macbook is superior to any other windows-laptops that I have ever used myself, runs smooth, never any issues of any kind with the OS itself, as where windows over time would become slow due to the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE registery system.
Mac OS is built on UNIX, and is way better when you dont need to play games, but this is just my opinion.

I'm not saying Mac -> Windows PC(Not the other way around either), I'm just saying that everybody is hating on apple for no reason at all, they make great products.
A mac is way simpler to use, and to learn how to do more than just surf the internet.
But this is way off-topic, so let's just leave this here.
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Server: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-05-19 21:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My only problem with Apple as a company is that they want to charge so much for the same hardware that you can get in almost any boxed windows computer. That is also the same reason that i refuse to buy an alienware. It's a ridiculous amount of money for a product that i could build on my own. The way i view it, OSX is half the cost of the product itself.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-19 21:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bouncingflea said:
My only problem with Apple as a company is that they want to charge so much for the same hardware that you can get in almost any boxed windows computer. That is also the same reason that i refuse to buy an alienware. It's a ridiculous amount of money for a product that i could build on my own. The way i view it, OSX is half the cost of the product itself.

But it sells, and it sell very well, so they make great profit doing this, why change it?

Ontopic-ish:

I barely ever have cash with me, and it's been like that since I got my first CC at 16.
But I havent ever noticed anywhere in Norway where they refuse to accept cash.
However, paying for even small stuff like a pack of gum with a CC is very common.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 21:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bouncingflea said:
It's arguable that Windows is overpriced because: Linux.

Also, most Apple products DO more or less suck for the price compared to what you can get elsewhere. I can't play .ogg on my $250 iPod Touch (that I haven't touched in years) but I can on my $60 Sansa Fuze. The iPod Shuffle is probably the biggest rip there is in the portable music device world. Any Android phone is pretty much > iPhone. Why get an iPad when a netbook is cheaper and does more? And paying for a UNIX-based OS is, well, beyond me.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-19 21:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Sylph.Bouncingflea said:
It's arguable that Windows is overpriced because: Linux.

Also, most Apple products DO more or less suck for the price compared to what you can get elsewhere. I can't play .ogg on my $250 iPod Touch (that I haven't touched in years) but I can on my $60 Sansa Fuze. The iPod Shuffle is probably the biggest rip there is in the portable music device world. Any Android phone is pretty much > iPhone. Why get an iPad when a netbook is cheaper and does more? And paying for a UNIX-based OS is, well, beyond me.
Linux is for pros
Windows is for intermediates
OSX is for noobs

Three different markets, at least that's how it should be.. But a lot of people buy Mac just for the status symbol attatched to it.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-19 22:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I'm trying to say, why buy a gaminglaptop? That's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. IF you really do need to get on ff or something, that's an option.
Why not buy a gaming laptop? For 600 dollars, I got a laptop that can run Crysis at Very High with 40 FPS. And can run any other game at 60 or higher. I have a wireless gaming mouse and use headphones, and see no logical reason to buy a PC for something that I can do just as well, portably.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 22:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Linux is for pros
Windows is for intermediates
OSX is for noobs
There are plenty of Linux distros aimed at newbies, Ubuntu/Mint come to mind. To be honest I find it harder to use Windows than Ubuntu these days.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-19 22:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Why not buy a gaming laptop? For 600 dollars, I got a laptop that can run Crysis at Very High with 40 FPS. And can run any other game at 60 or higher. I have a wireless gaming mouse and use headphones, and see no logical reason to buy a PC for something that I can do just as well, portably.

Guess it's just me that want my laptop to be a light relatively small machine with a good battery over a powerhouse.
Acer Aspire One <3
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-19 22:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Guess it's just me that want my laptop to be a light relatively small machine with a good battery over a powerhouse.
Acer Aspire One <3
I also have an M11X, which is pretty darn small, and can still manage to play some serious games. Maybe not at 60 FPS and definitely not at very high settings, but it gets 8 hours of battery life on power saving mode, which is more than enough than I'd ever need.

Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 22:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Acer Aspire One <3
I like my Aspire One, but I can't really do a whole lot on it outside browsing and typing notes.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-19 22:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Acer Aspire One <3
I like my Aspire One, but I can't really do a whole lot on it outside browsing and typing notes.

Isnt that what a laptop should be for?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-19 22:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Acer Aspire One <3

That's what a Blackberry should be used for.

Laptops are made to do computer things portably.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-19 22:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Apple has brainwashed the general public into thinking a PC that runs Mac OS is somehow "better" than a regular PC.

This is like saying that someone who buys a Lexus is somehow "brainwashed" into thinking it's "better" than a Civic.

They both have four wheels, four doors, and four seats. They have the same warranty, the same expected mileage in their lifetime. The same horsepower, the same cylinder configuration. You can even get the same level of interior and extras. So why would anyone pay 3x as much for a Lexus? There are many more Civics on the road, but last I checked, Lexus isn't exactly struggling for business.

Feature set divided by price point is not the only equation by which people make purchase decisions.

By that logic, nobody would wear designer brand clothes because they're not tangibly "better" than anything else. A one bedroom studio in Manhattan wouldn't cost 8x as much as a four bedroom house in Nebraska. There are intangibles in play, the perceived value of which differ from person to person.

Is it ok if i think that people who pay $40,000 extra for a functionally identical car and pay hundreds of dollars extra for functionally identical clothing(and to voluntarily become a walking billboard ) are brainwashed as well?

i'm pretty sure real estate location qualifies as tangible

your analogies don't show that apple customers aren't brainwashed, they just show that there are a lot of people out there who are easily swayed by advertising
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-19 22:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
My "laptop" is my Satellite. My Aspire One is my netbook that I take to school.