Random Politics & Religion #20

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #20
Random Politics & Religion #20
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 43 44 45
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-28 16:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Seeing as that show is also on HBO why the hell am I going to pay extra money to see said show ?

They put the whole episode on YouTube on Monday's.

Sounds like a bad business plan on HBO's part...
They only put about ~60% of the show on YouTube usually, Just the main thrust of the evening.

There's a youtuber called Consumer that uploads the rest of it lol
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-28 18:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Very fake FFXIAH:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-28 20:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love that the libs in the house refuse to applaud the notion of putting American's first.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-02-28 22:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds a lot more like Wealthy White Men first.

Maybe I have hearing issues.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-01 00:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »

Probably.

The Left has a chance here. When Trump finally gives a speech where he isn't quite so... Trump in his delivery, and where he offers some bipartisan olive branches including offering some hope for non-violent, non-serious criminal aliens and also paid family leave for new parents, maybe it's actually time to take a step back off the neverending soapbox full of vitriol to say, "Okay, maybe we can work with this version of Trump to at least get a few things that we want."

Call me a pessimist, but I fully expect the exact same rhetoric, the exact same nitpicking, the exact same everything that will not only coax Trump into being even harder to work with, but will hurt the Democrats' chances in 2018 even further.

I don't expect most people to like Trump, but at least tone it down when he's heading in a more favorable direction....
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-01 00:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now he is on the record in asking for a 10% increase in defense spending, a 1 trillion dollar infrastructure bill, a 20+ billion dollar border wall, massive tax cuts, zero cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and no viable healthcare reform plan, and you are talking about 2018 as if the Dems have something to be worried about? OK then.
By Viciouss 2017-03-01 00:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

But hey, that speech will probably stop his freefall for a few days. Until people realize that nothing he says is going to actually happen.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-01 01:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Right now he is on the record in asking for a 10% increase in defense spending, a 1 trillion dollar infrastructure bill, a 20+ billion dollar border wall, massive tax cuts, zero cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and no viable healthcare reform plan, and you are talking about 2018 as if the Dems have something to be worried about? OK then.

You talk as if the Dems are actually offering something better. Obama screwed over the military, wasted money on a false stimulus, did practically nothing for border security, helped widen the wage gap, screwed over healthcare, and then after losing tons of elections across the map the Dems want to offer more of the same? OK then.

But hey, that speech will probably stop his freefall for a few days. Until people realize that nothing he says is going to actually happen.

?

Trump is one of the few presidents who actually seems to be taking his campaign promises seriously. I expect backlash from Congress, but I'd still be willing to put money on a lot of those things actually happening.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-01 01:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I don't expect most people to like Trump, but at least tone it down when he's heading in a more favorable direction....

Oh he's already pulled that beautiful maneuver. Now just wait and watch as the progressives scream themselves out of the 2018 and 2020 elections. Republicans, with Trumps prodding, will offer a set of moderate reforms and the Progressives will then scream they aren't "good enough" and end up looking even more like the radical extremists they have become. The moderate Democrats who aren't big into the whole "Progressive World Citizen" shebang will then, fearing for their own positions, pull back and attempt a negotiation while super left extremists will just dial up the volume to 12. Internal Democrat leadership is already facing a lack of faith in their ability to maintain, much less maintain, power. The results will them ditching many of the extremists and moving towards the center again.

Dude's Machiavellian as ***. Troll the Dems to get them all frothy and spleen splitting angry, then flips the script and comes out looking the sensible one, offering ***like amnesty and mass granting of LPR's.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-01 01:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is one of the few presidents who actually seems to be taking his campaign promises seriously.

That makes him too dangerous, especially to those on the left. Presidents are supposed to be sock puppets for their party's internal leadership and are told to say specific things only to get support form specific identity-derived politically correct populations. A President who's too independent might change the status quo and disrupt the power structure of those on both sides of the isle. What makes this President especially dangerous is that he actually has the means and ability to effect that change, instead of just telling everyone to "have faith" with their "hopes and dreams".

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-01 08:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is one of the few presidents who actually seems to be taking his campaign promises seriously. I expect backlash from Congress, but I'd still be willing to put money on a lot of those things actually happening.

Like what, specifically?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-01 09:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how free community college tuition isn't affordable but we can apparently drop $79,850,000,000 on an already over inflated military and a useless wall on a whim.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-01 09:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably.

The Left has a chance here. When Trump finally gives a speech where he isn't quite so... Trump in his delivery, and where he offers some bipartisan olive branches including offering some hope for non-violent, non-serious criminal aliens and also paid family leave for new parents, maybe it's actually time to take a step back off the neverending soapbox full of vitriol to say, "Okay, maybe we can work with this version of Trump to at least get a few things that we want."

Call me a pessimist, but I fully expect the exact same rhetoric, the exact same nitpicking, the exact same everything that will not only coax Trump into being even harder to work with, but will hurt the Democrats' chances in 2018 even further.

Why would it hurt them? They're just adopting the same strategy the pubs did when obama was elected... don't get me wrong I'd personally like them all to work together to do something that's actually good for the nation (which is up for debate on a lot of issues) but why would you expect them to? You watched the pubs for years obstruct and do nothing helpful and only attack the opposition and what now that they're in control the Dems are to become enlightened and just work with them on whatever you deem to be good?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-01 09:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You talk as if the Dems are actually offering something better. Obama screwed over the military, wasted money on a false stimulus, did practically nothing for border security, helped widen the wage gap, screwed over healthcare, and then after losing tons of elections across the map the Dems want to offer more of the same? OK then.

?

So you're only rebuttal is well hey obama sucked so yeah!

He also campaigned on eradicating the deficit... maybe he has some kind of plan going on behind the scenes but the way things have been going it looks like he's just going to pile more on...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-01 09:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for shits and grins:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+fact+check&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

A search of "Trump fact check" on Google. Most of the articles are quoting the same AP fact check story.

They are not fact checking his promises.
By Viciouss 2017-03-01 09:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to talk about the Democrats is just a weak attempt to distract away from the actual topic. The Dems aren't going to do anything in Congress because nothing they propose will actually be taken up by the majority. I know the conservatives here just wants to gloss over the fact the GOP is in charge of Congress, they are in charge of making Trump's fantasy agenda reality. Stop worrying about what the Dems are doing and worry about how that is actually gonna happen.
By fonewear 2017-03-01 10:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how free community college tuition isn't affordable but we can apparently drop $79,850,000,000 on an already over inflated military and a useless wall on a whim.

This can't be serious post...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-01 10:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Just for shits and grins:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+fact+check&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

A search of "Trump fact check" on Google. Most of the articles are quoting the same AP fact check story.

They are not fact checking his promises.

There are no facts just interpretations !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-01 10:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all there is no such thing as "free community" college no matter how much Bernie and his ilk speak of it. Second of all who the hell do you think is going to protect the USA our beloved posters here on FFXIAH ? Lastly the wall is more of a metaphor for beefing up border security than a physical wall.

Lastly Donny you're out of your element !
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-01 10:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This can't be serious post...
Oh right, we need to stay ahead of Russia and China who's military might clearly poses a threat to our own.

Oh wait!

They can't touch us.

But hey, let's boost military spending by another 10% for no *** reason instead of using it on literally anything else.

Also, cut taxes because magical fairy money is a thing. Just like CEO bonus'.
By fonewear 2017-03-01 10:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the effort it finding a random chart but the point still stands !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-01 11:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all there is no such thing as "free community" college no matter how much Bernie and his ilk speak of it. Second of all who the hell do you think is going to protect the USA our beloved posters here on FFXIAH ? Lastly the wall is more of a metaphor for beefing up border security than a physical wall.

Lastly Donny you're out of your element !

He keeps saying y'all keep saying it's a metaphor but he's saying not playing around and is building a wall. A Great Wall made with Chinese Steel.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-01 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't touch us.

That's literally the whole point of staying far ahead of other nations in military spending.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-01 11:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't touch us.

That's literally the whole point of staying far ahead of other nations in military spending.

So why do we need a 10% hike? I mean I am ok with it, the Navy especially needs money, but a 10% increase in defense spending combined with "massive tax cuts" and Trump's promise of zero cuts to entitlements is gonna send the deficit soaring. Think the Republican party is good with that?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-01 11:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't touch us.

So why do we need a 10% hike? I mean I am ok with it, the Navy especially needs money, but a 10% increase in defense spending combined with "massive tax cuts" and Trump's promise of zero cuts to entitlements is gonna send the deficit soaring. Think the Republican party is good with that?

I don't speak for the party, but I'm not okay with a soaring deficit. Trump has already announced cuts to other departments, but it's not a zero-sum game. There are other ways to make up the difference aside from the obvious and it lies on him to make the case for how we're going to do it without putting the country even more in debt.

This is all in the early stages, and I will give him crap for it if he doesn't come up with a workable solution. I'm just not going to jump to conclusions.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-01 11:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they just come out wit my a leaked pentagon report stating there's already over a hundred billion in wasted funds for the defense budget?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-01 12:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't touch us.

Let me know when Russia and China combined start actually start approaching us and this'll be a halfway decent justification.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 43 44 45