Random Politics & Religion #20

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #20
Random Politics & Religion #20
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 43 44 45
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-01 13:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Sylph.Cherche said: »
They can't touch us.
That's literally the whole point of staying far ahead of other nations in military spending.
So why do we need a 10% hike? I mean I am ok with it, the Navy especially needs money, but a 10% increase in defense spending combined with "massive tax cuts" and Trump's promise of zero cuts to entitlements is gonna send the deficit soaring. Think the Republican party is good with that?
Of course the GOP is fine with that. Look at history. When the GOP is in power they spend like a drunken sailor, cut taxes, rack up deficits, and say its OK.

Its only when the Dems are in power that the GOP screams "but DEFICIT!!!"

They can't touch us.
That's literally the whole point of staying far ahead of other nations in military spending.
Let me know when Russia and China combined start actually start approaching us and this'll be a halfway decent justification.
They don't have to. We do the R&D, China steals it from us and sells it to Russia.

That said I would rather eliminate pentagon waste, fraud, and fiscal abuses, than increase their budget one copper clad worthless penny.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-01 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Paged!!

Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-01 13:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-01 13:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to tell him to shave her pits. ☭
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-03-01 13:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhhh.... that's not cool. I'd be pissed off if I had a daughter in wrastlin'.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-01 14:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They can't touch us.

So why do we need a 10% hike? I mean I am ok with it, the Navy especially needs money, but a 10% increase in defense spending combined with "massive tax cuts" and Trump's promise of zero cuts to entitlements is gonna send the deficit soaring. Think the Republican party is good with that?

I don't speak for the party, but I'm not okay with a soaring deficit. Trump has already announced cuts to other departments, but it's not a zero-sum game. There are other ways to make up the difference aside from the obvious and it lies on him to make the case for how we're going to do it without putting the country even more in debt.

This is all in the early stages, and I will give him crap for it if he doesn't come up with a workable solution. I'm just not going to jump to conclusions.

Obama gutted the military badly. The cost of wars doesn't end when the action does, there is a huge reset, refit and retrain cost that extends for decades after. You reset the force to its precombat posture, refit and replace all equipment damaged, destroyed or obsoleted by the combat action then retrain replacements for the casualties lost. President Obama stopped the actions but strangled the post action costs. Sequestration was an absolute nightmare for the military. Each branch had to dramatically reduce its reset coats such that they are barely capable of fighting another action.

The military badly needs money to reset right now. And of course the AF is being stupid with spending, they have always been stupid about how they procure their toys.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-01 14:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Someone needs to tell him to shave her pits. ☭
Siren.Mosin said: »
Female to male transgender. School district forced him into female wrestling instead of allowing him into male like he wanted.
By Viciouss 2017-03-01 14:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it funny how Saevel tries to blame Obama for the sequestration that he didn't want while completely absolving the Republicans in Congress that made it happen?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-01 14:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he wanted to compete with the guys but they wouldn't let him so what was he supposed to do?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-01 14:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Obama Sequestration gutted the military badly.... Sequestration was an absolute nightmare for the military. Each branch had to dramatically reduce its reset coats such that they are barely capable of fighting another action.

The military badly needs money to reset right now. And of course the AF is being stupid with spending, they have always been stupid about how they procure their toys.
It ain't just the AF, the F35 is a three branch plane. The Navy has floated blue sky improbable ship ideas, for instance the semi submerged arsenal ship. Not that the littoral combat ship was cheap or free of flaws. The army's blunders are cheap compared to that, but no less a blunder.

Isn't it funny how Saevel tries to blame Obama for the sequestration that he didn't want while completely absolving the Republicans in Congress that made it happen?
While far more republicans voter for sequestration than democrats, but it did pass with bipartisan support and was indeed signed into law by Obama.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2017-03-01 14:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Well he wanted to compete with the guys but they wouldn't let him so what was he supposed to do?

Use the bathroom?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-01 14:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It was either sign it or shut the gov't down. Obama didn't want it and tried to end it repeatedly. Saevel is just trying to gloss over those facts and lay the blame entirely on the executive branch, in other words, he is up to his usual lies.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-03-01 15:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Female to male transgender. School district forced him into female wrestling instead of allowing him into male like he wanted.

Oh, I completely misunderstood that. That's a weirder situation, and looks like the school would be in the wrong. I'd still be pissed off though. Especially if I was the father of the son / daughter in question.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-01 16:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Use the bathroom?

I identify with not using public restrooms !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-01 16:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Obama Sequestration gutted the military badly.... Sequestration was an absolute nightmare for the military. Each branch had to dramatically reduce its reset coats such that they are barely capable of fighting another action.

It ain't just the AF, the F35 is a three branch plane. The Navy has floated blue sky improbable ship ideas, for instance the semi submerged arsenal ship. Not that the littoral combat ship was cheap or free of flaws. The army's blunders are cheap compared to that, but no less a blunder.

While far more republicans voter for sequestration than democrats, but it did pass with bipartisan support and was indeed signed into law by Obama.

You are using words most of us don't understand
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-01 20:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What ISIS Fighters Think of Trump

The president has given terrorist groups a propaganda victory beyond their wildest dreams.

Politico Magazine.

Which means its both long and deep.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-03-02 06:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Good mornin' RP+R!

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-02 08:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Links to Sessions - Russia articles:

Top Republicans call on Sessions to recuse himself from Russia investigation

WaPo

Democrats seek Sessions resignation after report of Russia contact

Reuters

Jeff Sessions faces resignation calls following Russia revelations
MSNBC

Sessions did not disclose meetings with Russian ambassador
CNN

Good morning R P&R.
By fonewear 2017-03-02 08:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I know you aren't a Russian spy Chanti ?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-02 09:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

You know because she has never been present for any of your conference calls with your Supreme Officer.
By fonewear 2017-03-02 09:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
fonewear said: »

You know because she has never been present for any of your conference calls with your Supreme Officer.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-02 09:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Look, I know he had to do it as part of his previous duties on the armed services committee

Yeah, he spoke with Russia as well as a bajillion other countries. The questioning he received was in reference to the Trump campaign, not this other crap that was clearly part of his job.

"Crap, even CNN polling said nearly 80% of people liked Trump's speech. Quick, we need to make a yawnfest about Russia top news to drown that out."
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-02 09:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A CNN poll surely that is a very fake poll then !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-02 09:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how when Trump acts Presidential like in the speech words don't matter. When he does and says other things words suddenly matter !
By fonewear 2017-03-02 09:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is it you crazy *** do words matter or not !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-02 09:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Those Republican senators that are concerned this morning might need a phone call of reassurance from the both of you on the matter.
By fonewear 2017-03-02 09:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Inside every Democrat there is an American trying to get out It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this protest craze blows over
By fonewear 2017-03-02 09:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's side are you on Zero ?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 43 44 45