Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 154 155 156
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-19 06:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinpu and koki work great on a and c boss in sortie. Normal Cor brd buffs
[+]
By Taint 2023-09-19 07:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kagero - is 99999 on A boss with normal buffs. Its pretty fun to use in general in Sortie but the basement mobs require magic support to work as well.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-19 09:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't get goten to do anything ever
Jinpu, kagero, koki I have see do some impressive numbers in content and day to day.

Koki <-> kagero will do some fantastic work on umbrils btw.
Recommended use, kagero koki shoha
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-03 14:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

Checking if there is a basement boss that if I can solo with trusts gives 10k or more?
By Taint 2023-10-03 14:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

E should be soloable but would take a lot of time. There is a max number of clouds that spawn and you'd need to kill Botulus and bring antidotes.

I haven't seen a SAM solo E but it should be very similar to other melee solo strats.
 Bahamut.Hirronimus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hirronimus 2023-10-25 13:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to find a Mote version of SAM lua that is not based on Arislan's.

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-01 13:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys use for food these days in sortie? And by extension anywhere else?

I am currently using grape daifku +1
I am hesitant to get away from acc but want to experiment.
Until my accuracy on weapon skill set changes through nyame rp/replacement I might be limited.

Buffs are Sam chaos, minute minute honormarch aria
Madrigal in basement no aria

Soy ramen seems like a decent attack food choice these days
Gyudon for the wsd

With the zanshin build I don't know if I even really need more accuracy, if it wasn't for the weapon skill set
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-01 13:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a SAM so not going to offer my opinion but Gyudon has DA which will hamstring the Zanhasso build somewhat. It's not a huge hindrance, but a minor, tiny decrease.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-11-01 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Soy ramen is my go-to. Maybe omelette sandwich a better choice tbh.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Server: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2023-11-01 18:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you thought about rice balls since the one of the Sam gloves gives a bonus to the effects of them?
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-01 18:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What do you guys use for food these days in sortie? And by extension anywhere else?

Anywhere I'm using hybrids I like Marine Stewpot or anything else with high magic accuracy.

SAM is kinda squishy outside TE/Seigan procs, and you're gonna miss the same amount of Fudos anyway, so idm sacrificing a bit of acc for survivability by going with the Om. sandwiches like others have suggested.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-01 18:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nekhekh said: »
Have you thought about rice balls since the one of the Sam gloves gives a bonus to the effects of them?
Don't you have to wear the gloves(the whole time) for those to work
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-01 20:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah and even with the gloves on (which would mean partially reverting to the pre-sortie squishier TP set) rice balls arent exactly mindblowing. good for atk/def and a bit of TA, but no ACC MACC etc, barely better than any other attack food really.

havent seen anyone mention it yet but popotoes con queso would be worth a mention. Good atk and str as well as a healthy helping of meva. seafood gratin is another notable mention if acc is needed and you think the meva would be a big benefit over grape+1's atk. rolanberry daifuku and oden+1 are also excellent choices for hybrid spam since they both give acc/macc.
By Hopalong 2023-11-01 22:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo food:

Arrabbiata +1: HP 150, Str 5, Attack 100, STP 6.

Ojo Rice Ball: HP 50, Str 5, Dex 5, Chr 5, Attack 120, Defense 80, Triple Attack +4.

(This assumes use of Wakido Kote +3 which is a fantastic tp hands, and we can still get 45% PDT using Kasuga head, body, legs, feet and PDT 10 on the back)

Miso Ramen +1: HP 105, Str 5, Vit 5, Defense 175, MDB +6, MEVA 55.

Omelet Sandwich +1: HP 155, Vit 8, Mnd 8, Accuracy 85, Defense 125, Enmity +5.

Grape Daifuku (if I'm solo I usually use the nq since I just want a balance of attack and accuracy and the price difference is large) +1 is: HP 30, Str 3, Vit 4, Accuracy 85, Attack 55, MAB +4.

I used Miso Ramen when I was first learning how to solo Kin. I used Omelets when learning Sortie. Nowadays I use mainly Grape Daifuku to get the mix of attack and accuracy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Dodik 2023-11-10 07:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Any multi step should end with Fudo. Fudo with Masa is a lot stronger than Doji. Stronger closing WS stronger chains, plus a stronger Fudo and white dmg.

Masa wins.

Only exceptions are targets strong to physical damage like Kei.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-10 07:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's totally true.
I think there used to be a smaller gap in the past because you could benefit from Doji's Aftermath boosting SC damage, but these days we're at cap or pretty close to cap even without that, so...

Doji is still pretty nice if for whatever reason you want Umbra/Radiance and/or you're using Hybrids.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 08:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Fudo with Masa is a lot stronger than Doji.

Are you sure about this? Used the commonly used calculator to test it the other day with various brd/cor/geo buffs and it showed Doji doing higher Fudo WSD.

No buffs, Exact same gear, swapped weapons. TP 1000-1500.
Masa: 33340
Doji: 33602

With buffs, 1000-1500 TP.
Masa: 80110
Doji: 94126
[+]
By Dodik 2023-11-10 09:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, yes, I'm sure. I have both.

If the calculator is saying doji has stronger Fudos the calculator is wrong or it is not using Masa's augments.

Masa's augments give +20 str and +10% fudo dmg (multiplicative). Doji can't compete with that.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 09:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Lol, yes, I'm sure. I have both.

If the calculator is saying doji has stronger Fudos the calculator is wrong or it is not using Masa's augments.

Masa's augments give +20 str and +10% fudo dmg (multiplicative). Doji can't compete with that.

Oh OK you eyeballed it, gotcha.

Yes, the calculator has settings for R15 and R15 was selected for both.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 09:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you consider that the calculator is wrong?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 09:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe I know more about the way WSD is calculated than the creator of the calculator and all the people who provided him with feedback.

If you do, you're welcome to point out to him that there is something wrong with his code. I believe it's available on Git if you'd like to provide feedback. Maybe he hasn't heard of empyrean WSD bonuses and he has been using the wrong calculation for all of them and nobody noticed. You should provide your invaluable feedback.
By Dodik 2023-11-10 09:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, the calculator is a great tool but don't take it as a source of truth.

I'm not "eyeballing" anything, but speaking from years experience using both weapons and testing these things in game multiple times with and without buffs and on a multitude of targets.

You are free to make both, test it out, and decide for yourself.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 09:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I think people are forgetting what 500 TP does to Fudo.

1000 exactly (450 TP Bonus from Head / Earring)
Masa: 4.65
Doji: 5.65

Doji 21.5% higher fTP

1400 Overflow
Masa: 5.45
Doji: 6.537

Doji 19.94% Higher fTP

R15 Masa gets Fudo +10% along with a 70 STR, so it's getting very close to the Doji numbers depending on how much STR we already have / diminishing returns / etc. Masa's AM3 is what would carry it over, unless multi-stepping and not hitting 99K lights.

But none of that matters, Sephiroth uses Masamune and he's awesome so that's the end of it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Server: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2023-11-10 09:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What does your TP set use for hands and are you "tanking" or using a tank trust? I haven't used ojo riceballs in a while as it is hard to come by even with 110+ cooking on my mule. I am stocking up on buffalo meat again so can try and make a few more.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 10:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
R15 Masa gets Fudo +10% along with a 70 STR, so it's getting very close to the Doji numbers depending on how much STR we already have / diminishing returns / etc. Masa's AM3 is what would carry it over, unless multi-stepping and not hitting 99K lights.

"Close to Doji numbers". This is also ftp only, not including the fact that Doji has higher base damage, right?

This question was about multi-stepping specifically, so...I feel that point is incredibly relevant. Most multi-steps involve 1 or 2 Fudos. Doji has an advantage on the other 3-4 WS, plus the SCs. Ontop of that, it probably also wins on the Fudos. Also consider that in a multi-step SC, only one or two of the SC will be Light. Are you hitting 99k on your Distortions, Fusions, etc? Also also: consider that Radiance hits harder than Light, so unless you're hitting 99k Light with Masamune, Radiance is ANOTHER advantage to Doji.

I'm sure the extra 2k on your auto-attacks will make up for it though, don't worry about it.
By Taint 2023-11-10 13:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejiin spent a bunch of time on this debate and Masamune came out on top. (pretty sure it was close)

SAM TP overflow is insane when buffed, comparing 1k 1.4k just isn't realistic and any FTP bonus is greatly reduced over 2k and gone at 2550.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 14:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Ejiin spent a bunch of time on this debate and Masamune came out on top. (pretty sure it was close)

SAM TP overflow is insane when buffed, comparing 1k 1.4k just isn't realistic and any FTP bonus is greatly reduced over 2k and gone at 2550.

Sam does over TP, which is why I used 400 just to illustrate what the scaling looks like and it was sufficient that Doji at least breaks even with R15 Masa. The point was that this statement was untrue.

Quote:
Any multi step should end with Fudo. Fudo with Masa is a lot stronger than Doji. Stronger closing WS stronger chains, plus a stronger Fudo and white dmg.

For total damage, R15 Masa should win, and it's close. And what's really causing R15 Masa to keep up SC wise is the 99K damage cap, no amount of +SC Damage will make it beyond that and a 99K radiance is no different then a 99K light.
By zixxer 2023-11-10 14:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Taint said: »

Sam does over TP, which is why I used 400 just to illustrate what the scaling looks like and it was sufficient that Doji at least breaks even with R15 Masa. The point was that this statement was untrue.

Quote:

For total damage, R15 Masa should win, and it's close. And what's really causing R15 Masa to keep up SC wise is the 99K damage cap, no amount of +SC Damage will make it beyond that and a 99K radiance is no different then a 99K light.

Eijin has tested and concluded that r15 masa beats out r15 doji even in skillchain scenarios. I’ll link his vid when I have time for source.
By zixxer 2023-11-10 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The exact quote starts at 8:00.

Of course I’ve done my own testing and r15 masa always wins.

Youtube link
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 154 155 156