Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2024-01-31 11:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't really seen diminishing from mumei mumei mumei but maybe it's already doing so much.

I do see dimishing returns if I spam mumei without pausing for sc.

I also will see dimishing returns if I only use one weapon skill a whole fight like impulse drive but that seems to reset with enough pause or the single use of another weapon skill.

Spamming mumei upwards of 5-10 times before throwing in another weapon skill has been my personal experience with the "wall"

I don't know what is the agreed upon explanation of the wall at this point just personal experience

However timing it for fudo seems like a win win option

But I'd like to experience the actual numbers before saying if it's optimal to use everytime
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 12:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
dimishing returns

Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-31 12:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Haven't really seen diminishing from mumei mumei mumei but maybe it's already doing so much.

I do see dimishing returns if I spam mumei without pausing for sc.

I also will see dimishing returns if I only use one weapon skill a whole fight like impulse drive but that seems to reset with enough pause or the single use of another weapon skill.

Spamming mumei upwards of 5-10 times before throwing in another weapon skill has been my personal experience with the "wall"

I don't know what is the agreed upon explanation of the wall at this point just personal experience

However timing it for fudo seems like a win win option

But I'd like to experience the actual numbers before saying if it's optimal to use everytime

Are you the solo DD for all the scenarios you're describing above? Because that's what the discussion was about. If you're with 4 other DDs slamming WS, you won't see any WS wall; if you're by yourself using nothing but Mumei for 6 WS in a row and don't see a wall on basement bosses...that would be news.
By K123 2024-01-31 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Early on didn't people say that using the same WS at the exact same time didn't trigger the reduction? Maybe SAM can WS so fast it is faster than the trigger can register? Unlikely, but possible.
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2024-01-31 13:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing 3x mumei over and over on a sortie basement boss will absolutely tank the damage as solo DD (I've done it on auto pilot, it was sad) Fudo as 3rd ws will still be a 99k darkness so you aren't really losing anything.
By K123 2024-02-26 06:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an updated lua they can share?
By Taint 2024-03-06 09:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you all using for sortie for basement bosses and similar mobs?
Going to try this tonight but open to any advice.

ItemSet 372905
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-06 09:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't bother with Ken gear. I use that set outside of that (hands tatenashi +1 feet ryuo +1), dedition swapped for telos or schere (acc is not capped otherwise). Often have hate for these fights and I'm always positioned in front for Overwhelm and it isn't a problem. Barspells cover the bad ailments like Amnesia and you can't resist Gartell's stun so meva doesn't do anything for that to begin with.
[+]
By Taint 2024-03-06 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I don't bother with Ken gear. I use that set outside of that (hands tatenashi +1 feet ryuo +1), dedition swapped for telos or schere (acc is not capped otherwise). Often have hate for these fights and I'm always positioned in front for Overwhelm and it isn't a problem. Barspells cover the bad ailments like Amnesia and you can't resist Gartell's stun so meva doesn't do anything for that to begin with.

Resist gear works on the stun, not that SAM has good options there.

Are you sure meva doesn't impact duraction? My WAR/DRK seem way less stun locked in full sakpata then my SAM, which is why I'm trying to build something.

Thank you for responding.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-06 10:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Resist gear works on the stun, not that SAM has good options there.

I don't think this is true and unless you have evidence of it I'm not convinced. Have gone as far as to toss my RDM mule onto B and F with Onca Suit + Arete del Luna on each ear + Icecrack ring to test this exact thing and never saw a resist once. Ive also never resisted it on RUN with all of its Status res+ gear and Pflug. It's possible she just got real unlucky but...

I've also seen no evidence that duration is anything short of random (this is generally how stun works). Again I've tanked this thing on RUN w/ its sky high meva and ele res, pflug, status resistance traits and gear... never have I noticed being stunned less or for less time than when I'm sitting there bashing on the goat with SAM (any RUN will tell you how assblasting it can be to get runes and Rayke out in time after Gambit). It also.completely bypasses Asylum.which normally provides flawless resistance to status effects. I'm also never stunned more than the DRK next to me, we're both sitting there bitching about it at the same time and whinging about not being able to get our WSs off.

Simplest explanation to all of it is that for some reason they decided to make Gartell's Stun have no macc check. He is a clear exception as you can resist stun on all the other Sortie NMs.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-06 11:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Again I've tanked this thing on RUN w/ its sky high meva and ele res, pflug, status resistance traits and gear... never have I noticed being stunned less or for less time

Been running sortie almost exclusively on RUN for months and this has been my experience as well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-06 11:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've run a ton of Sortie, including months on RUN, runs on BRD, RDM, COR, and various other jobs. While I agree about the stun specifically, there are other things that meva can help with, like resisting the damage being dealt by TP moves, fetters, or autos, and there are other status effects you will be hit by during the 8 bosses in a Sortie run. Your run could go more smoothly from a healing perspective (and possibly DPS) by wearing more meva. DPS isn't the only consideration you have to make when putting together sets.
[+]
By Taint 2024-03-06 11:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'll chalk it up to anecdotal. I just started going SAM and trying to get a feel for it. WAR/DRK are simple to gear.
By SimonSes 2024-03-06 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Simplest explanation to all of it is that for some reason they decided to make Gartell's Stun have no macc check. He is a clear exception as you can resist stun on all the other Sortie NMs.

Would be worth to recheck with Metal :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-06 11:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I've run a ton of Sortie, including months on RUN, runs on BRD, RDM, COR, and various other jobs. While I agree about the stun specifically, there are other things that meva can help with, like resisting the damage being dealt by TP moves, fetters, or autos, and there are other status effects you will be hit by during the 8 bosses in a Sortie run. Your run could go more smoothly from a healing perspective (and possibly DPS) by wearing more meva. DPS isn't the only consideration you have to make when putting together sets.

Sure, if that was a problem to begin with. The only person who tends to die on our runs is the COR, and used to be the DRK. My SAM in what you'd consider a "not as survivable" set has never been a problem when it comes to survivability and healing stress (keep in mind that I'm also not getting special treatment, the WHM is spending more time erasing Fetter DoTs than healing most of the time and the heals are practically all Accession C4s and Curagas).

The Fetters are only killing you when the fight lasts too long or you don't get the Burn off from Aita's fire Fetter because it reduces your INT to 1 and causes you to get completely nuked. Once again barspells cover the other things like Amnesia already. I've been Amnesia'd on G maybe twice ever thanks to barfira and baramnesia. The only other debuffs of consideration are Paralyze from Trib's pylons which is going to land eventually on everyone to begin with and Slow on Aita which is difficult to resist even on RUN and is counteracted by double march anyway.

I'm not ignorant on how to build sets. Sortie just isn't dangerous enough to need to wear Ken +1 gear and I've had no appreciable difference in survivability between DPS hands/feet and mpaca/ken+1 sets.

SimonSes said: »

Would be worth to recheck with Metal :)

Probably. Still wouldn't be worth the time to get it but it'd be nice to know if it works
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155