First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 130 131 132
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-01-24 18:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I was talking about the delay after you WS before you autoattack again.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-25 10:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
My lua doesn't use the addon autora you won't go back to idle (in fact my lua unloads autora at the start, to make sure it's not loaded so there's no conflicts). It actually listens for the packet that says ranged end. That said due to how server communications work, it's still a bit faster to hit the ranged attack key every time at the proper time. Consider it the difference between a friend that shows up at the agreed time ready to go out, and a friend you have to call, and tell you're ready to go and then show up. In this example the server if your friend. Another way to explain it is, the server has to schedule and send a packet to the client that will notify you that the ranged attack ended, then you respond with a new ranged attack sent to the server. That is slower than just sending a new ranged attack to the server at the right time, which can be judged by animations.

Again, there is an increase, though you don't have to use manual macros to get it, you just have to hit the ranged attack button each shot at the proper time. The autora in my lua is slower but only a bit, where as the addon autora that uses manual waits is very slow. I've actually said all of this before, though some of it was in different posts rather than all together :<

The shooting animation is triggered by the ranged attack finish action packet. If you don't believe me, you can try blocking it. You'll stand there holding your bow/gun until you move or do something else. Given this, I don't see any reason you would perform better manually by watching the animation. Have you tried adjusting the delay to shoot again to something besides a static 1 second? The addon I'm working on functions in a similar way (using the action packets). Most of the time I can't even set it to /shoot 1 second after receiving the ranged attack finish packet as I'll still usually be in the aiming delay period by the time my packet reaches the server. This is going to be different for everybody though as my mean send time is not the same as everybody else's. Adjusting that delay by as little as 0.05 seconds will result in either getting a lot of aiming delay messages, or almost none. I really don't think trying to do it manually is of any benefit unless your technique of changing to your preshot 1 second before you shoot is somehow modifying the server's behavior.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-25 11:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

for my personal autora, i inject a ranged packet on every outgoing transmission

if char goes into ranged, i stop injecting until the shot complete is received or the timeout i set is reached, then return to it

probably not easily made compatible with gearswap due to the way it's modeled, but works fine with AC and guarantees that i get the absolute fastest possible reload at all times
By Verda 2017-01-25 11:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think something else triggers the start of the putting away the weapon animation and eventually wanted to either prove or discredit it, but don't have time to try to prove or disprove it atm. You could be right. I've just had print statements for when the ranged_end packet comes and it doesn't seem to print the same time the animation starts instead about the time the animation ends (i.e. not the time you start dropping your weapon, but around the time it's put away), I think the game lets you send the packet even if you haven't got the ranged_end packet. This is just ancedotal though, if you wanna delve further into it and find out more I'm sure it'd be helpful. Did you see in my 4th video that one shot where my melee weapons never even reappeared? I don't recall ever seeing anything like that if I just use any kind of autora but it could've just been a high rapid shot proc. It's ancedotal so not gonna argue it, but if you can figure out more info always happy to learn more. The only thing that would happen is rather than wait to be told the ranged shot ended, you'd be asking the server to shoot again while that notification hasn't even reached you yet but you're still over the shot time. So you'd be making receive -> send into just send cutting out half the network delay when done successfully. Melee hits all happen on the server, so don't have this problem, the game is told what happened. Ranged hits unfortunately start on the client so network delay (pending further testing) seems to be statically added to every hit. But it gets more complicated due to packet scheduling. Mine actually uses wait 1, but if I just let it autora it will stop shooting sometimes that's another reason I manually shoot each shot.

Hmm that's interesting Comeatmebro, you always have good solutions but I don't know I'm comfortable going to that level of it. I try to stick to nothing more than you could simulate or do with native macros, even if sometimes doing them natively is pretty cumbersome, I have hopes SE will still improve some aspects of equipsets and ranged attacks in general.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-25 11:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

if char goes into ranged, i stop injecting until the shot complete is received or the timeout i set is reached, then return to it

probably not easily made compatible with gearswap due to the way it's modeled, but works fine with AC and guarantees that i get the absolute fastest possible reload at all times
Is this an ashita addon?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-25 11:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

no, it's an ashita plugin

it's not public because it's questionable whether it's entirely safe
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-25 11:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think something else triggers the start of the putting away the weapon animation and eventually wanted to either prove or discredit it, but don't have time to try to prove or disprove it atm. You could be right. I've just had print statements for when the ranged_end packet comes and it doesn't seem to print the same time the animation starts instead about the time the animation ends (i.e. not the time you start dropping your weapon, but around the time it's put away), I think the game lets you send the packet even if you haven't got the ranged_end packet. This is just ancedotal though, if you wanna delve further into it and find out more I'm sure it'd be helpful. Did you see in my 4th video that one shot where my melee weapons never even reappeared? I don't recall ever seeing anything like that if I just use any kind of autora but it could've just been a high rapid shot proc. It's ancedotal so not gonna argue it, but if you can figure out more info always happy to learn more. The only thing that would happen is rather than wait to be told the ranged shot ended, you'd be asking the server to shoot again while that notification hasn't even reached you yet but you're still over the shot time. So you'd be making receive -> send into just send cutting out half the network delay when done successfully. Melee hits all happen on the server, so don't have this problem, the game is told what happened. Ranged hits unfortunately start on the client so network delay (pending further testing) seems to be statically added to every hit. But it gets more complicated due to packet scheduling. Mine actually uses wait 1, but if I just let it autora it will stop shooting sometimes that's another reason I manually shoot each shot.

It works like this (as far as I can tell from a few hours of messing around).

/shoot <t> -> The client creates two consecutive outgoing 0x1a (action) chunks in the same UDP packet. One of them has a ranged attack parameter, the other has an assist parameter, as well as other expected fields.

Lots of things can happen when the server receives your action packets. If you're in aiming delay or some other situation not allowing you to actually shoot the target, then you'll receive an incoming 0x29 (action message) with some parameters. If you are able to shoot the target, then you'll receive an incoming 0x28 (action) packet with the ranged attack start parameter. This cues the client to start the aiming animation. If you receive the 0x28 ranged attack start, I believe you will always receive an additional 0x28. If all goes well, it has the ranged attack finish. If you get interrupted, it might have something else like spell finish or whatever.

Either way, the 0x28 with a ranged attack finish parameter is what triggers the shooting animation. I have personally blocked it and observed my character just standing there aiming indefinitely to confirm that is how it works.

I've thought about doing this too and am wary for the gearswap issue. The most sensible way to me seems to extend gearswap so I can send a command to it to do the injection. There's also the issue of injected chunks not being appended to the current UDP packet using the packets API (not sure if you use windower or not.) I think another approach would be to do a /shoot, and then inject another /equip;/shoot;/equip; set of chunks on the next UDP packet instead of just spamming them.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-25 11:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

no, it's an ashita plugin

it's not public because it's questionable whether it's entirely safe
Oh good for a second there thought I had missed it.
that's understandable
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-25 12:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I've thought about doing this too and am wary for the gearswap issue. The most sensible way to me seems to extend gearswap so I can send a command to it to do the injection. There's also the issue of injected chunks not being appended to the current UDP packet using the packets API (not sure if you use windower or not.) I think another approach would be to do a /shoot, and then inject another /equip;/shoot;/equip; set of chunks on the next UDP packet instead of just spamming them.
I use ashita. Injected chunks -are- appended to the current UDP packet in ashita, and I added a command in ashitacast that i can call to inject an action as an equip>action>equip chunk. I just trigger on outgoing 0x15, overread the data to make sure there's not already an action going out in that UDP packet, and decide if I need to inject anything.

I don't really see the benefit of doing /shoot at all.
By Verda 2017-01-25 12:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
It works like this (as far as I can tell from a few hours of messing around).
Cool thanks for the info :D

As far as using something like that tho, I mean do what you want it's your 12.95, for myself though I don't want to do anything you can't have an equivalent with macros as I said, outside knowing if it's safe or not there's also the problems of SE's guidelines don't really condone any third party tools what soever, but their policy and stance on it has always been somewhat counter to that even using some of existing mods as base for new features in ffxi. It's gray area and as such I prefer to be on the very light gray side (though I suppose it's up to your own interpretation where that line is), not just to be safe for my own account's sake but also because what would trigger a crack down is if the disparity between windower and non windower users got too large to even compete. I still know a lot of people that use native macros, and do very well, if that were to ever change then I don't think SE would be very idle. I said before I wish SE would make their internal policy public, but I don't see them breaking with 14 years of tradition and I'm always wary maybe new leadership comes in and internal policies change so that's my two cents, not that most probably want to hear it.

In my view the system should be changed to allow ranged attacks to happen server side as well and you should be able to stop your attacks similar to how you start them, and then be able to ws. I just don't think SE wants to spend that much time on the 2 jobs that use ranged attacks as a primary damage source. So it ends up like this. People want to shoot on time but to really do that would take doing things beyond the client's current limitations, I choose to work within those limitations because of reasons stated above.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-25 13:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I use ashita. Injected chunks -are- appended to the current UDP packet in ashita, and I added a command in ashitacast that i can call to inject an action as an equip>action>equip chunk. I just trigger on outgoing 0x15, overread the data to make sure there's not already an action going out in that UDP packet, and decide if I need to inject anything.

I don't really see the benefit of doing /shoot at all.

The windower packets API will append chunks to the next UDP chunk. I guess I could inject an action packet on every UDP chunk, and then modify or remove them to mimic your implementation. I'm using /shoot right now because until I write some kind of extension, gearswap won't wrap any injected action packets with equip chunks. I also want to verify a few additional assumptions about how the packets are being used before I settle on a final implementation for what I'm doing. One big downside to both the method you are using and the method Verda uses is that you are in your preshot/midshot gear most of the time instead of just during your midshot phase. I like idling in PDT gear and such so I would like to preserve that.

Cool thanks for the info :D

As far as using something like that tho, I mean do what you want it's your 12.95, for myself though I don't want to do anything you can't have an equivalent with macros as I said, outside knowing if it's safe or not there's also the problems of SE's guidelines don't really condone any third party tools what soever, but their policy and stance on it has always been somewhat counter to that even using some of existing mods as base for new features in ffxi. It's gray area and as such I prefer to be on the very light gray side (though I suppose it's up to your own interpretation where that line is), not just to be safe for my own account's sake but also because what would trigger a crack down is if the disparity between windower and non windower users got too large to even compete. I still know a lot of people that use native macros, and do very well, if that were to ever change then I don't think SE would be very idle. I said before I wish SE would make their internal policy public, but I don't see them breaking with 14 years of tradition and I'm always wary maybe new leadership comes in and internal policies change so that's my two cents, not that most probably want to hear it.

In my view the system should be changed to allow ranged attacks to happen server side as well and you should be able to stop your attacks similar to how you start them, and then be able to ws. I just don't think SE wants to spend that much time on the 2 jobs that use ranged attacks as a primary damage source. So it ends up like this. People want to shoot on time but to really do that would take doing things beyond the client's current limitations, I choose to work within those limitations because of reasons stated above.

I actually like the way it is now. Even though it's tricky to optimize, you can use PDT gear most of the time, self cap ranged attack speed, and have awesome store TP and such without giving up too much. Melee jobs need to make huge concessions for that to happen. In regards to my addon, the implementation I settle on isn't final. I don't want to do anything too crazy, but I also don't believe in deciding on anything in particular until you're confident that you truly understand what the best solution you could implement is.
Server: Asura
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2017-01-25 23:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone hook a bro up with a bow RNG file for ashitacast? I don't understand the whole pre-ranged stuff all that well when it comes to trying to write the file myself.

The rng files i've found have been gun and confuse me :(
By clearlyamule 2017-01-26 00:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nightmarelord said: »
Can someone hook a bro up with a bow RNG file for ashitacast? I don't understand the whole pre-ranged stuff all that well when it comes to trying to write the file myself.

I'm still working on mine but there is one over on the ashita forums that seems ok and fairly simple and looks like it will work aside from it tries to equip af3 body in the hands slot for velocity shot lol. But it's more of a multipurpose multi ranged weapons one but that's really just a matter of having more/different sets for that. Except I think it t Only really difference between a gun and bow profile would be the ranged/ammo in your sets and maybe a piece of gear with marksmanship/archery but all the commands and such would be the same
By Verda 2017-01-26 12:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine has xbow, bow, anni, aeonic, machine crossbow and more support and you can also cycle your melee weapons to match.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/83q4ryw51rdrq/DPS_Spreadsheets_and_Gearswap
By clearlyamule 2017-01-26 12:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately you can't really port things between a gs lua and an ac xml
By Verda 2017-01-26 12:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was more replying to this:

I don't understand the whole pre-ranged stuff all that well when it comes to trying to write the file myself.
I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere you don't have to do that nor should you. My GS and many others have preshot/midshot, even spellcast had that.
By Verda 2017-01-26 14:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen it, but it's not a stat I really aim for either on magical path.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-26 14:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nxs0mdlrxf33xl/Base_RNG.xml?dl=0

There's a pretty stripped down one. Honestly worth taking the time to learn at least a little, it's not nearly as complicated as gearswap and being able to make small modifications will make it much easier to get the exact behavior you want.
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-26 14:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good to have options. I'm not a fan of having to work in xml though had to do enough pita API's with it for work it gives me painful flashbacks. I personally am just gonna stick with GS I have a lot invested in it and it works great for me, but like I said it's good to have choices and let ppl choose what they want.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-26 14:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody suggested you do, the guy you were responding to specifically asked for an ashitacast file.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-01-26 15:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How much MAB/WSD would I need on a herculean vest to beat out a maxed out samnuha coat?
By Verda 2017-01-26 15:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It will depend on the rest of your sets but with the setup I have on the spreadsheet, 34 MAB augment will beat in raw damage a Samnuha coat but lose in magic accuracy even if you get capped 35 magic acc aug too. Any WSD you get along with that is just bonus. Herc vest gets 1 more AGI and AGI is worth a bit more than MAB is why.
 Odin.Pistallion
Server: Odin
By Odin.Pistallion 2017-01-27 06:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I want to start obtaining gear to be able to participate in some endgame stuff with my LS. It seems like abuscade is where to start but the accuracy requirements are about 1200. What gear should I be trying to obtain right now? I have completed almost all of the intermediate roe quests and my current gear is all 119 reforged artifact (orion+1) except the hands, which are a set I got from the roe quests. Should I first aquire a new bow, like yochi?
By Verda 2017-01-27 08:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on the forums once said don't put aluminum siding on an outhouse when talking about getting RMEA when not having other good gear. While I'm not calling your gear an outhouse it is a funny way to think of things.

When you're starting out, it's very tempting to just go for the big weapons. But if you're wanting to optimize your time and gil spent vs reward, an endgame weapon or HQ abjuration armor/HQ crafted accessories should be at the end of your list not the top. I was pretty obsessive in going over all my gear options vs my current, then assigning them a % value increase over my current dps, and then having a ratio of % value increase over cost (which includes time converted to gil per hour) to determine what to chase next. That and planning it is the best way I know how to gear up and something I still follow today (for reasons like this I still don't have AG nirvana cuz it only adds staff skill for SMN which does almost nothing for dps and costs 100 mil).

Doing all of that work, vs your current gear, and the changing gear, is a lot of planning. There isn't really a simple answer as the game always changes and I don't know all your current gear. I will say that the Orion +3 set is amazing but the Orion +1 set is about... what 3 years old gear now? And I'm not sure it was great even then, at least for dealing damage. Keep it for the JA though and to eventually upgrade.

Here's what you should prioritize:
1) Getting a good preshot set with at the very least, capped snapshot with flurry I. Attack speed is the #1 contributor to dps as it affects your white damage and tp gain very directly.
2) Get a good midshot set. For ranger this means, STP, Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack in about that order.
3) Get a good WS set. This will depend on what WS you are using.

Take a look at Pursuer's gear from Zi'Tah (Edit: as well as Meghanada +1 and Mummu +1 sets from Ambuscade). That gear is a stepping stone to Sky Abjuration armor and eventually reisenjima armor. Also get your relic hat ASAP, and use it in your midshot set, and empy body and use it in your preshot set. Meganada +1 especially actually has some use in a few endgame sets so getting that should be a priority as well.

Down the line, when your sets are optimized to the point they can support and gain a lot out of a 160mil investment in a relic, that's when you should aim to make one. Otherwise, you will be left in embarrassing situations where a non RMEA ranger contributes more than you and people give you odd long looks, try to remember that while a very important slot, the weapon slot is only one of 16 slots and all slots contribute a lot to damage. Before the 119 III updates, a lot of RME would actually only add about 6% to 8% dps, now that number is a lot higher, but you should still look to have a great foundation for an endgame weapon or it just won't perform. I wouldn't suggest making any RME until you have at the least, sky abjuration armors, relevant relic and empy pieces, and some great augs on herculean armor, as well as relevant accessories from Escha, Vagary, quests, and other content.

It's more about the journey than the destination, any job is never done, and there's always more you can improve on, the nature of MMO's is a continuous grind that never ends but you get never ending self betterment out of it. If you accept that mentality, it'll probably do you more good than anything else I could tell you.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2017-01-27 17:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Much love for that bare bones xml. makes it pretty easy for me to just add my gear. couldnt find a sam one like that so i figured id ask here and it worked out lol :)
 Odin.Pistallion
Server: Odin
By Odin.Pistallion 2017-01-28 05:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on the forums once said don't put aluminum siding on an outhouse when talking about getting RMEA when not having other good gear. While I'm not calling your gear an outhouse it is a funny way to think of things.

When you're starting out, it's very tempting to just go for the big weapons. But if you're wanting to optimize your time and gil spent vs reward, an endgame weapon or HQ abjuration armor/HQ crafted accessories should be at the end of your list not the top. I was pretty obsessive in going over all my gear options vs my current, then assigning them a % value increase over my current dps, and then having a ratio of % value increase over cost (which includes time converted to gil per hour) to determine what to chase next. That and planning it is the best way I know how to gear up and something I still follow today (for reasons like this I still don't have AG nirvana cuz it only adds staff skill for SMN which does almost nothing for dps and costs 100 mil).

Doing all of that work, vs your current gear, and the changing gear, is a lot of planning. There isn't really a simple answer as the game always changes and I don't know all your current gear. I will say that the Orion +3 set is amazing but the Orion +1 set is about... what 3 years old gear now? And I'm not sure it was great even then, at least for dealing damage. Keep it for the JA though and to eventually upgrade.

Here's what you should prioritize:
1) Getting a good preshot set with at the very least, capped snapshot with flurry I. Attack speed is the #1 contributor to dps as it affects your white damage and tp gain very directly.
2) Get a good midshot set. For ranger this means, STP, Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack in about that order.
3) Get a good WS set. This will depend on what WS you are using.

Take a look at Pursuer's gear from Zi'Tah. That gear is a stepping stone to Sky Abjuration armor and eventually reisenjima armor. Also get your relic hat ASAP, and use it in your midshot set, and empy body and use it in your preshot set.

Down the line, when your sets are optimized to the point they can support and gain a lot out of a 160mil investment in a relic, that's when you should aim to make one. Otherwise, you will be left in embarrassing situations where a non RMEA ranger contributes more than you and people give you odd long looks, try to remember that while a very important slot, the weapon slot is only one of 16 slots and all slots contribute a lot to damage. Before the 119 III updates, a lot of RME would actually only add about 6% to 8% dps, now that number is a lot higher, but you should still look to have a great foundation for an endgame weapon or it just won't perform. I wouldn't suggest making any RME until you have at the least, sky abjuration armors, relevant relic and empy pieces, and some great augs on herculean armor, as well as relevant accessories from Escha, Vagary, quests, and other content.

It's more about the journey than the destination, any job is never done, and there's always more you can improve on, the nature of MMO's is a continuous grind that never ends but you get never ending self betterment out of it. If you accept that mentality, it'll probably do you more good than anything else I could tell you.

This actually helps a lot, thanks!
 Valefor.Vardaman
Server: Valefor
user: Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2017-02-04 06:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there, I have a question regarding store TP and X-hit builds.

As was discussed a few pages ago, 69 store TP is needed to 3-hit when using fomalhaut and chrono bullets (assuming that we start from zero TP and that recycle procs on each shot).

But of course the amount of store TP needed changes once you factor in the TP return from WSs. For example, my trueflights currently return 207 TP. So that's only 1000-207=793 TP I need in order to WS again. The amount of store TP needed to get that much TP in 3 hits with fomalhaut + chrono bullets and the recylce bonus is only 28.

Dropping down from 69 to 28 store TP opens up a few slots for other pieces (say, dropping rajas/petrov/apate in favor of begrudging, or switching to crit rate on ambuscade cape). So considering that each option is (ideally) a 3-hit build, I'm trying to figure out which of the following is best:

1) The lower store TP (28) option. By swapping out some store TP pieces, I could gain other stats such as ratk, racc, and crit rate in order to boost ranged attack DPS. I like to think of it as boosting specifically those 3 shots needed to WS again.

2) The higher store TP (69) option. Lower ranged attack DPS, however it does safeguard against recycle not procing. And at least in the case of trueflight, the TP overflow doesn't seem too bad. But would the damage added to trueflight from that "extra" TP really outweigh the increased ranged attack DPS of option 1?

3) A comfortable medium. Just figure out an amount of store TP such that you can just about accommodate for recycle not procing on one of the three shots, and then load up on other stats (this route was mentioned in the linked post).

The spreadsheet has been extremely valuable (thank you everyone that has put so much hard work into it), but I don't know whether it is capable of figuring this out. To me options 1 and 3 make the most sense, but the spreadsheet is telling me that if I remove any amount of store TP my overall DPS will suffer / the more store TP I have, the better. Which, maybe it does know what it's talking about and that's its way of telling me that the TP overflow for trueflight is the winner, ha.

Or yet another option is to do option 2 and just drop the reforged relic hat altogether (it'd still be a 3-hit build following a WS). As you can see, I'm not very good at options. Any advice anyone could offer would be very appreciated.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-02-04 08:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Vardaman said: »
But of course the amount of store TP needed changes once you factor in the TP return from WSs. For example, my trueflights currently return 207 TP. So that's only 1000-207=793 TP I need in order to WS again. The amount of store TP needed to get that much TP in 3 hits with fomalhaut + chrono bullets and the recylce bonus is only 28.

For clarification, and "x-hit build" is the number of hits it takes to reach 1000TP counting the TP from your WS. So if you are aiming for a 3-hit, that's actually 2 TP shots + WS.

One way to figure out how much you need in your TP and WS sets is to add up the total Store TP you need combined between them. For your items, you are saying you need 69 sTP per shot. For a 3-hit, that's a total of 207 sTP. Now look at your WS set, and see how much says is in it. Let's say it has 47 sTP.
207 total sTP - 47 WS sTP = 160 total sTP needed in your TP phase. Since you're aiming for two TP shots,
160 total TP sTP / 2 TP rounds = 80 sTP needed in your TP set
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-04 08:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You've inadvertently hit upon a verbiage issue just as much as a playing issue. "What is a true 3-hit build?"

Most consider a 3-hit to be 2 shots plus weaponskill. Some consider 3-hit to be 3 shots between weaponskills as you describe.

Since our damage is so incredibly skewed to weaponskills, most of the time the faster you can get to a weaponskill, the better.

Another factor is self skillchains. Having a build that requires 3 "attacks" between weaponskills means that unless Double Shot is active, you won't be able to self chain. With 2 attacks between weaponskills, you can without Double Shot up. That can be a MUCH bigger increase in overall damage than powering up each individual shot.

I recommend that you have a 3-hit build in the sense of -

1.weaponskill
2.shot
3.shot
-Repeat.

This will allow you more chains, and thus more chain damage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 130 131 132