New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 130 131 132
By BlaTheTaru 2017-01-21 04:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Pistallion said: »
After completing the Intermediate Records of Eminence quests, should my goal to be getting the 119 ranger specifit armor like AF and relic reforge armor?

Yes, but not all of it is worth taking to 119. After you have a good set you can start tackling escha nms for pursuers set.
 Asura.Verbannt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-01-21 05:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bumping my earlier question: How does gandiva stack up. Is it worth it. Asking for sake of pew pewing with bows onry XD.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-01-21 06:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoting Verda from page 88 of this guide.

"As for your question on Gandiva a few Ranger have made one and seem pretty happy though I'd like to hear more from them. I plan on eventually making one. According to the spreadsheet, for raw ws damage, gandiva doesn't pull much ahead of Fail-Not due to Fail-Not's huge base damage and Gandiva being more of a short bow with lower base damage. However, Gandiva absolutely stomps as long as you have aftermath up. I've been doing some additions to the spreadsheet and want to make sure they are correct but this mirrors what I see in the game, ranger can get very very large ranged attack averages. On the current setup it's listing over 4.6k average shots with am3 up, and that's using a set focused on TP not damage, and as I said, average meaning the lows and top end meet there. In the setup I have now it is showing ranged auto attacks alone to be a bit over 2242 DPS by themselves (up from 897 DPS with no AM at all so we have an aftermath adding a potential 1300+ dps which is crazy). For Arma this spikes to 2900 dps vs the 2242 dps, but it falls behind due to lower WS numbers for overall dps even if you don't account for skillchains and the fact that last stand without aeonic can not self chain light, like jishnu's can. For a pure auto setup tho using say camo for 20% more crit rate, both options would be pretty sweet, and I could see starting a fight with aftermath up then using decoy shot + camo for substantial dps and no to little enmity. It would best be performed at trueshot range of course. I'll keep going over my spreadsheet looking for mistakes before I release it, but it will have some minor support for gifts as well as empy ODT and mythic am3, my current best setup with am3 gandiva tho on the spreadsheet is pulling 5385.675 dps :P I'd also like to figure otu a way to factor in conserve tp procs from the fotia belt and ranger gifts and traits tho as it can be quite substantial activating 40% of the time."

I must say if you have afew minutes.. THe last 10 pages of thuis guide has significant information on ranger/ gear/ subs/ augments/ weps... you name it and it's in there.
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-01-21 06:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah Thanks I had only gone back about 5 pages T_T would be nice if some of the info was on main but i can understand why it is'nt and why people are not jumping at the bit to make a new one. Making a second Blm guide took alot out of me and is a pain to keep updated.

Thanks for the info. With that I believe I will make this bow, would be nice to have to confirm if it is as good as it looks also may be better imo with the new piece of af 119 +3 with the extra barrage shot that with am must be nice.
[+]
 Odin.Pistallion
Server: Odin
By Odin.Pistallion 2017-01-21 07:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
After completing the Intermediate Records of Eminence quests, should my goal to be getting the 119 ranger specifit armor like AF and relic reforge armor?

Yes, but not all of it is worth taking to 119. After you have a good set you can start tackling escha nms for pursuers set.

So what should be my goal once I finish Rhapsodies (which is my current goal right now, almost done).

I have 119 af reforged head, body, legs, and feet. I have the 119 hands from Intermediate RoE quest plus the 119 and the 117 bow from that as well. After RoV, what should I be looking to do?

I'm sorry but the equipment part in this quite is a little overwhelming from a new player perspective since it has like a bunch of sets and not sure which ones I should be looking to get. I tried looking at some of the gear that shows up a lot and I see that the pursuers body is used a lot and the hat from the wildskeeper revive harrkan is used a lot, so maybe I should get those?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-01-21 08:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Verbannt said: »
Ah Thanks I had only gone back about 5 pages T_T would be nice if some of the info was on main but i can understand why it is'nt and why people are not jumping at the bit to make a new one. Making a second Blm guide took alot out of me and is a pain to keep updated.

Thanks for the info. With that I believe I will make this bow, would be nice to have to confirm if it is as good as it looks also may be better imo with the new piece of af 119 +3 with the extra barrage shot that with am must be nice.

I wish Verda had a forum post all to himself/herself that was locked lol. I find everything that is posted to be great information usually backed up by a lot of testing.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-01-21 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »

So what should be my goal once I finish Rhapsodies (which is my current goal right now, almost done).

I have 119 af reforged head, body, legs, and feet. I have the 119 hands from Intermediate RoE quest plus the 119 and the 117 bow from that as well. After RoV, what should I be looking to do?

I'm sorry but the equipment part in this quite is a little overwhelming from a new player perspective since it has like a bunch of sets and not sure which ones I should be looking to get. I tried looking at some of the gear that shows up a lot and I see that the pursuers body is used a lot and the hat from the wildskeeper revive harrkan is used a lot, so maybe I should get those?

Im sending you a pm. Can't really type out much on my phone here.
By Verda 2017-01-21 13:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
I wish Verda had a forum post all to himself/herself that was locked lol. I find everything that is posted to be great information usually backed up by a lot of testing.
Aw thanks :> Nice to feel appreciated now and then.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-22 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Aw thanks :> Nice to feel appreciated now and then.

Trust me, you are. You've made a lot of Rangers, including this one, a LOT better because of your testing and posts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-22 17:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I wish Verda had a forum post all to himself/herself

..or a locked cell with some cloth with extra long arms !
[+]
By Photographer 2017-01-22 17:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree 200% with Celebrindal.
[+]
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-01-24 00:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

any of you guys use rng in place of sch on t4? or unassisted is it even feasible
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-01-24 01:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Is there a reason you don't recommend autora? How does it affect DPS?

Just curious.

I think it's much easier to see it yourself.

Here is a video of someone using autoRA:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is a video of someone manually shoots everything with a default macro:

The jp video is the correct /ra speed or at least close, /ra has to be done way before ws animation finish, and right before last /ra animation finish. The video with autoRA only executes /ra after entire animation done and character enters idle, which lowers dps.

When someone told me autoRA suck I actually didn't believe it, until I saw videos and noticed the massive /ra speed difference.

Also saw this in another thread, I think I had a dev fine tune my autora since on my end it feels faster than that galka but it does seem a little inefficient during overkill and rapid shots. I should get back to old school manual shooting :x
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-24 01:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a simple addon to replace autora. Even in its primitive form, my manual attempts at shooting don't even come close. If I get it to a place that I like I'll eventually release it but don't hold your breath.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-01-24 04:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

AutoRA is very slow compared to manual shooting. I have a modified autora function from some other lua online that works pretty damn well.
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-24 09:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My lua doesn't use the addon autora you won't go back to idle (in fact my lua unloads autora at the start, to make sure it's not loaded so there's no conflicts). It actually listens for the packet that says ranged end. That said due to how server communications work, it's still a bit faster to hit the ranged attack key every time at the proper time. Consider it the difference between a friend that shows up at the agreed time ready to go out, and a friend you have to call, and tell you're ready to go and then show up. In this example the server if your friend. Another way to explain it is, the server has to schedule and send a packet to the client that will notify you that the ranged attack ended, then you respond with a new ranged attack sent to the server. That is slower than just sending a new ranged attack to the server at the right time, which can be judged by animations.

Again, there is an increase, though you don't have to use manual macros to get it, you just have to hit the ranged attack button each shot at the proper time. The autora in my lua is slower but only a bit, where as the addon autora that uses manual waits is very slow. I've actually said all of this before, though some of it was in different posts rather than all together :<
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-01-24 09:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't go withouth Verda's! ^^
By Verda 2017-01-24 10:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

All tests done flurry 2, velocity, best preshot set I have, 2 kustawi and atalatanta crossbow.

I took some time to make a set of videos for each:
AutoRA the addon version:

My Lua's version:

Using the Macro and no gearswap, with one shot too early (get equipset message) and one too late (you go back to idle) and the rest performed more or less right on time.

Hybrid (what I usually do) of hitting the shoot key every shot with my lua. with this method you hit the ranged attack key just as the weapon is being put away rather than just as the weapon is being lowered as with the in game macro version:

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
I wouldn't go withouth Verda's! ^^
Aw thanks :D I wanted to show people have options tho if they want.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-01-24 13:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So been trying to maximize my TF set and was looking at the dps calculator mostly for ideas/see if I didn't miss any potential pieces and the dmg was coming out way higher than I expected for dmg.

First went thru gear because obviously your set could just be much better than mine and well inputting gear stats is also an easy thing to mess up. So findings

Not sure if error but it has herc helm listed as 50 mab and 4 wsd. Certainly possible with DM but was wondering if that was the case since the rest all look like near max non DM values. Carmine+1 hands are listed at 52 mab instead of 42. And well I totally forgot about soa ring and using double weather

But even using the total stats and assumed buffs the calculator seemed a bit different so tried to go thru the actual calculation for it. Honestly looking at the formulas ws table confused me a bit so I might have this wrong but here's what it looks like to me. For all this I set tp at 3k so no wonkiness from differing tps

Cell K1609 appears to be calculating base dmg before multipliers before like mab, wsd, mythic boost etc. First thing it does is add the wsc with first which I assume means the part that is from the lvl/ilvl factor. It looks like it is calculated as lvl +2 which is what is used to be up until a couple of years ago but with the huge ws overhaul they raised it and made it account for ilvl. It should be 201 for a 119 weapon. The rest of that cell seems fine.

Then it looks like you multiply by wsd to get a sort of final for that page dmg which looks fine before taking that over to the data page not really sure I understand the if statements (not really worked with excel too much looks like it talks about true shot but doesn't appear that got included) but they seem to be work though small nitpick but probably should floor after each multiplication. Though that being said not sure we know the order for where things like wsd and relic bonus goes so probably just as good not flooring until that gets sorted out
By Verda 2017-01-24 14:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

* Herculean Helm should state 45 mab not 50, at one point we thought it capped at 40 like merlinic that didn't get changed when the others did.
* Carmine Should be 42 you're right
* Yah the WS pages are very hard to decipher, I'm still working on aracadian head working right for it. Thanks for catching the First cell needing to be 201.
* Flooring is a good idea but I don't know of any order ever sorted out either. The if statement is a bit complicated, and ya part of that is determining if the ws is physical or magical then only using mab stuff on magical and only using trueshot on physical.

I fixed that stuff try this out, I turned on indi-acumen and indi-agi and mab vorseals for fun :P It also gives more real world impression of what your TF numbers look like in a full party.

Once I fix Arcadian head I will also lower the STP roll from 70 to 60. I lowered the rest to not be the 50% chance you got the job bonus from COR relic hat. With double shot on tho and SAM Roll and Arcadian head, Shots/WS should but 1.something, even with a SAM roll of 9.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/24ht98e9g49e66c/DPS_Calculator_-_Rng-custom6.67.xlsx

Thanks for the feedback always makes me happy to improve the spreadsheet.

Edit, I also want to talk about this a bit:

As noted in the post I released my work on the ranger spreadsheet, there's things that the spreadsheet doesn't model (or any other spreadsheet for that matter), the biggest of which is the 3s delay for using a weaponskill. The factors that no spreadsheet models that I can tell are:
1) Delay of 3s where no tping or other damage can take place after a WS
2) for ranged, a delay after every shot, added in. this ends up being anywhere from .1 to .4 seconds on most connections. This delay is also added to the time after ws. And all of it has to do with network delay/sending-receiving packets.
3) JA usage pauses DPS/prevents a shot for 1 second.

My guess is this will lower dps about 60%, on any spreadsheet and that'd make sense compared to most the scoreboard parses I see.
Edit: just went out and tested fodder in reisenjima with only koru trust and no other buffs and was able to get over 3k dps easy so maybe it's not as far off as I think. Spamming at 1k is way better than saving till 3k but I think is very worth it if you're closing chains for an alliance of mages.

All these factors add up, and I've been thinking of making a scoreboard simulator toggle that will add this stuff in but it's pending more testing. The reason I didn't model it by default is no other spreadsheet I know does and people will use the spreadsheets to compare one jobs dps to another (though I'm not sure that's so great an idea). So I didn't want everyone to think RNG's dps sucks because I modeled things the other sheets don't. Because RNG's dps is pretty fantastic, I've had over 3.4k dps with trueflight chaining off of fusion skillchains from the sch and another 3.4k dps from the light skillchains that follow, and that's not even in a setup where the ranged attacks are doing much damage b/c no frailty/chaos rolls etc. My order of priority is to get arcadian head and shots/ws more accurate, but that will increase dps. Then I want to add a real world scoreboard toggle to model those things left out, after some more testing to confirm my theory on how each shot has some static average delay added in to explain the shifting divisor of ranged delay that seems to linearly change based on the delay of the weapon (higher delay, higher divisor, lower delay lower divisor).
By clearlyamule 2017-01-24 14:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with arcadian that sounds like a headache and a half.

Speaking of party settings how is macc on decent tier stuff? I ask because a part of me wants to really crank up dmg with full buffs and such but more mab kind of devalues it so at some point if you don't consider macc concerns Chatoyant can actually come out better than 2 malevolence. Was actually doing it fairly well on lower tier zitah stuff but I'm a little leery of dropping ~130 macc on higher tier stuff unless got a 2nd geo I guess lol
By Verda 2017-01-24 15:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can frequnetly get by without either languor or focus when mages do need it and I'm using physical accuracy food and they are using magic accuracy food, so I'd say trueflight's baseline acc is pretty good. That seems to go to heck soon as you start using non ilvl stuff though because even level 124 fodder starts to resist you, though I have done two malevolence and martial gun on mosquitos in reisenjima, using gastra and kclub seems to get more resists but also work most the time.

Malaise is the only thing I don't really know how to model right, but it makes a huge impact on ending damage of trueflight that and storms II alone get you to 99k or close on fodder. Let me know if the magic acc stuff works for you :D And thanks, it is a pain lol.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-24 17:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah still mad SE made the macc for ranged magical ws based on mainhand but everything else on the gun itself. Wut you thinking SE. Well can try it out I guess. If only my wsacc taeon was still worth using lol.

Malaise is pretty easy to model math wise just divide the mab by mob (base mdb-malaise amount) but if you want to do it for nms it's a bit harder since wont know their mdb and plenty have it. Similarly not sure if we know if just regular mobs with jobs that have mdb have tiers higher than players since they are much higher lvl and some other testing I've done suggests several apex mobs might have some independent of their jobs/nm status. Granted mdb will effect the dmg regardless but will really makes modeling the dmg changes from something effected by it difficult. That said you can assume most other cases to be neutral and just use that. And some nms we might have stats for... if not can just /cor and qd stuff though enough nms have qualities about them that change how much dmg they take it might be difficult on those ones

Edit: Oh and not to add to the difficulty and you might already know this but the relic proc only works on one hit if double shotting. Yay for extra modeling difficulty
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-24 17:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
As noted in the post I released my work on the ranger spreadsheet, there's things that the spreadsheet doesn't model (or any other spreadsheet for that matter), the biggest of which is the 3s delay for using a weaponskill. The factors that no spreadsheet models that I can tell are:
1) Delay of 3s where no tping or other damage can take place after a WS
2) for ranged, a delay after every shot, added in. this ends up being anywhere from .1 to .4 seconds on most connections. This delay is also added to the time after ws. And all of it has to do with network delay/sending-receiving packets.
3) JA usage pauses DPS/prevents a shot for 1 second.
You might want to take a look a Byrth's DNC spreadsheet I pretty sure I recall reading like a year ago he had added JA delay because you know DNC has a ton of it.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-24 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mads, Ludes need to be increased from 5 to 6 (JSE Cape)max and Mins Merits/JPs need to be allowed to go to 25.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-01-24 17:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually 2 seconds following WS, and I think Motenten implemented it. He just adds 120 delay to the final cycle time.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-24 17:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea there is a 120 delay added so that is accounting for that probably why your numbers weren't off as much as you thought they would be :P
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-24 17:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

cool thanks :) Is 2 the real value? Because I can never get below about 3.1 till my first shot after doing a ws.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-01-24 17:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be different for Ranged, but it was 2 when I tested it for melee.
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/127022-Melee-Delay-Testing?p=5504020&viewfull=1#post5504020
By Verda 2017-01-24 17:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok, thought you said 3 in pm D: My mistake. It may be that the reload delay is added to ranged WS, this would actually make sense. Ancedotal but also using kclub, i can always start getting tp again melee faster than I can shoot again, and it seems about a full second. Thank you for the feedback. I'll test it some more to be sure.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 130 131 132