Pokemon City
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 224 225 226
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 09:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a screenshot I just took of me playing it. Didn't take long to start at all.

You need only an unpatched Fire Red ROM (and a Soul Silver / Heart Gold if you want to have your pokemon be able to follow you outside of the pokeball). I just did my first vs someone else. My LV7 Metapod and LV6 Bulbasaur VS this person that challenged me to a double battle. Had a LV4 Pidgey and 22 Magnemite. I was able to kill the Pidgey and then he got to pull out a LV4 Seedot which I /almost/ killed before his Magnemite got me. It whiffed a few moves and loafed around 'cause I guess he didn't have enough Gym badges.

The only thing I've noticed that's "bad" (if you could be bothered by it) is that the chat channel is full of people that /really/ seem to love Eevee. I've always thought it was neat, but none of the forms ever really struck me as being uber. Oh well. To each his/her own.

I'm hooked. <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-12 10:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really good so far, I just don't like the lack of sfx in battles :<
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 10:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy that NPC trainers don't jump at you when they have you in their line-of-sight.

Here is my Butterfree so far. I'm just going to make him into into my workhorse for getting through the storyline for a while.

Here he is so far. Nothing fancy and those are the EVs from just mowing down everything.

I like how stable it is. Hasn't crashed once and I've been able to jump out to an internet browser as well as edit together that pic from the screenshots.

What is your name on there and I'll add you as a friend. (^_^) Maybe you can come and get some of this butterfree when you've leveled something up. =P
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 11:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Displaying EVs is nice. They should start doing that in the real games too, it's not like it's some big secret anymore.

Alternatively they could create a totally new system again but that probably would mean you can't transfer stuff over.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-12 11:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
What is your name on there and I'll add you as a friend. (^_^) Maybe you can come and get some of this butterfree when you've leveled something up. =P

I'm still trying to get a good nature starter lol

I'll send you a PM on here when I get a good one :P
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 11:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I took the Dome Fossil. I'll trade anyone for Helix (Omanyte) for pokedex entries & trade back later down the road. I'll be choosing Hitmonlee as well when I get to that part. About to serve Misty up some Confusion. Hope it works. >.<
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-12 12:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Four more new Pokémon have been revealed. Vivillon's two pre-evolutions: Kofukimushi & Kofuurai which are pure Bug-type. The Lion is a Fire/Normal-type called Shishiko and the flower is called Furabebe and is Fairy-type. - Serebii.net

[+]
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-06-12 13:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-13 05:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy Type Pokemon are strong against Dragon, Dark and Fighting. They will resist Fire and Psychics, plus they're weak against Steel/Poison. Jigglypuff/Marill/Gardevoir will be fairy types.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-15 20:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I never thought I'd play another MMO, but this one really sunk it's teeth in. I needed a break from FFXI so it came along at just the right time for me. (I don't really think I need to quest and level up a 4th character; quad boxing seems like a bit obsessive). I'm just gonna let some smoke from SoA clear and probably come back some time in a few weeks. Real life is gonna be kicking my butt in the near future with moving and not having time for FFXI stuff so a pick-up-and-play MMO where I don't need 3, 6, or 18 others to complete something will fit my play style.

I'm really enjoying myself here and I'd love to see you there. Message me on this site if you'd like to be friends on PokeMMO.

So far, the most negative things are: Racists, sexists, and n00bish ?s comments run unchecked. I had never played any MMO besides FFXI and am now very appreciative of both GMs and the players we have in FFXI. Free-to-play and FFXI are miles apart in terms of what scrolls across your text window.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-26 17:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

REAL LIFE CONVERSTATION BETWEEN ME AND MY FRIEND (here out called Bob... Because his name is Bobby. >_>)
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-05 17:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just downloaded PDoD and ran into a problem. I try opening the 'Pokemon Online' file and it says I can't do that because I need to run the 'Game Update' file first. Well that fails due to a connection error saying to check my firewall. The programs 'Pokemon Online' and 'Game Update' are both allowed in my Incoming Rules and Outgoing Rules so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any thoughts?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-07-05 21:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

New Pokemon announced. A Ghost/Steel type named Honedge.

Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-06 00:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghost/Steel? So unless it has Levitate, it'd only have a Fire and Ground weakness since Steel takes .5 damage from Dark and Ghost moves, and the Ghost typing cancels out Fighting. Right?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-06 00:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be correct, pretty awesome typing overall, never expected to see ghost/steel. Sort of looked like it was floating in the battle screenshots but levitate might make it a little to broken. Probably get battle armor or some crap...
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-07-06 00:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Ghost/Steel? So unless it has Levitate, it'd only have a Fire and Ground weakness since Steel takes .5 damage from Dark and Ghost moves, and the Ghost typing cancels out Fighting. Right?
A Steel/Ghost without Levitate will be:

2x Fire, Earth
.5x Grass, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Dragon, Steel
.25x Bug
0x Normal, Fighting, Poison

All other types neutral.

Not sure about "Fairy" but I would wager a guess at .5x

From looks alone, it'll be the glass cannon type of Pokemon. High attack, low defenses and HP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-07-06 09:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only known move so far is sword dance. And that it unsheathes itself when entering battle. Which is lame since the sheath is what has its face on it.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-07-11 01:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-11 02:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

...is that...a squid-penguin?
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-11 03:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, it's a Squarrot.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2013-07-11 03:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

found this too: not pokemon, but completely awesome:
By mikuu 2013-07-11 03:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »

Cotton Candy and Ice Cream Pokemon to go please.

[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-11 08:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of going right into a Nuzlocke challenge when this comes out... lol. :x
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-17 16:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I know. DREADED DOUBLE POST OH NOES!

I'm going to be doing an Egg Nuzlocke for Pokemon Black. And I require eggs! Now, if anyone would like to donate any egg (legal eggs please lol.) and get an awesome Patrat or something I just caught to be able to trade for the egg. Or, if you want a certain, breedable Pokemon, I can try getting you for you and trade for that egg. Send me a PM if you're interested~ Thanks!

PS: If you want to know how your Pokemon baby is doing during my nuzlocke, I can update you whenever or whatever. :3

PPS: Since I'm omitting any area before Striaton City, I'll need 31 Pokemon eggs. Currently at 0.

PPPS(I guess?) I currently have 26 Jolly nature gibles all of which know Outrage/Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge. I cannot recall each one's IV but I know one of them have had EV training. I also have one shiny one, but it only knows Tackle and I believe it was the "grats on clearing black tower" one lol. Or an AWESOMELY AWESOME shiny Bibarel! ...

EDIT: Currently mass breeding Torchics with Speed Boost if anyone wants to trade one for an egg
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-07-26 15:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In The Games Department

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Shiny Dialga Event

For those in the UK, a new event has been revealed by the facebook pages of various GAME stores. This event is to run from August 30th 2013 to September 12th 2013 and is to offer a download of a Shiny Dialga. On September 13th to September 26th, a Shiny Palkia will be distributed and from September 27th to October 12th, a shiny Giratina will be distributed. We'll provide full details, as well as official confirmation, as soon as possible (Post from Serebii)
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-07-29 17:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For North Americans, the Shiny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina events have been confirmed. These events are running in Gamestop and will run as follows:
Shiny Dialga: Monday, August 19th, 2013–Sunday, September 8th, 2013
Shiny Palkia: Monday, September 9th, 2013–Sunday, September 29th, 2013
Shiny Giratina: Monday, September 30th, 2013–Sunday, October 20th, 2013

(Serebii.net facebook)
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-31 10:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any news on what the professor for this region is an expert in...? >_> Sorry, just a random thought that came to mind the other day.

Oak studies relations between humans and pokemon.
Elm studies breeding patterns of pokemon.
Birch studies habitats of pokemon.
Rowan studies evolution of pokemon.
Juniper studies origins of pokemon. (her father, Cedric Juniper, studies the biology and distribution of pokemon)
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-08 11:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Serebii released new details of older Pokemon and 3 new one's.

The picture of the right have forms called Mega Pokemon, a super version of their current evolution. In other words an Awakened form.

[+]
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-08-08 12:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-08 16:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This Mega Pokemon thing feels a bit to Digimon-ish to me, but it's awesome to see Mawile get some attention after so long. Such a cool pokemon but it was never even all that useful in game. Absol to, though it at least got a decent move pool in Gen4.

Lucario and blaziken did not need any sort of new form...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 224 225 226