bored if you cant tell
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-05-11 19:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL I just noticed someone (mod I would presume) edited KFH's OP. It's worded a lot more nicely now than it was originally. :p

Pokemon-related edit:

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-05-11 20:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm bird is ugly and bland
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2013-05-11 20:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »
I still need a 3ds :( hopefully they go on sale by the time they come out

I sold a bunch of used books and dvd's to Hastings and bought mine and Black 2 with the in store credit. I just started Black 2 just for the free Deoxys. I have a level 6 Tepig and a level 100 Deoxys. The Unova region is going to know fear now.

[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-11 21:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it won't be, but I really hope that panda is available much earlier than Cubchoo or Teddiursa were. He's already a guaranteed spot in my team.
Could not care less about those others, especially the bird. Unless it ends up being another starly, but on the special side or something.
 Asura.Abysswalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-11 21:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww, I like the bird! I dislike the yellow thing with the flabby ears though. :|
[+]
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-05-11 21:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone watch the Pokemon anime eps. where they introduce N? I like how at the start of the eps. there is a tie in the the next Pokemon movie. The PC screen shows a Genesect on it and when they zoom out of the ruins you can clearly see there are 5 test tubes to hold the Genesects.
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2013-05-11 21:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

You guys are all Satanist's ...

Don't forget Harry Potter teaches Witchcraft!
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-05-12 12:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2013-05-12 12:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Michizane said: »
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »

You guys are all Satanist's ...

Don't forget Harry Potter teaches Witchcraft!

I thought he only guest lectured on Defense Against the Dark Arts...
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2013-05-13 22:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-05-14 21:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-15 03:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-11 23:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Clauncher, Skrelp and Talonflame

Features Sky Battle.

Vivilian and Noivern
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-06-11 23:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i just realized i missed the deoxys event and now i am sad. don't suppose anyone is willing to trade a spare they might have? I have a fair selection of legendaries to choose from and should have a duplicate.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 00:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy type? /sigh Being a straight male I had nearly broken the negative stigma of being a pokemon lover by convincing myself that while the anime was cutesy and childish, that it was still a solid RPG with wonderfully complex game-mechanics. Then they had to add the Fairy type. That will set me back a few more years in therapy. <3

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-12 00:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Fairy type? /sigh Being a straight male I had nearly broken the negative stigma of being a pokemon lover by convincing myself that while the anime was cutesy and childish, that it was still a solid RPG with wonderfully complex game-mechanics. Then they had to add the Fairy type. That will set me back a few more years in therapy. <3

You may be getting therapy for the wrong thing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-12 00:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Little surprised to see Clauncher. The Pistol Shrimp(It's a little different but obviously inspired by it) has been wanted as a new Pokemon for a pretty long time now.
Even more disappointed with that bird if Stealth Rocks doesn't see a nerf of some kind. Really sort of needs it. Not that it's an issue in game at all, still a pretty broken move that kills most any bug/flying or fire/flying.

Older Pokemon existing in the wild is awesome, sort of worried about it being Unova 1 all over again.

I didn't expect Fairy Type to actually be a thing. People have been screaming about it for years now and it actually happens. It feels a little odd as a type to me, but I'm ok with it. Dragon needed balancing a bit more. And it does mean there should be a lot of really damn cute Pokemon this time around(Gen V had two).

Gardevoir feels like an odd choice for the type, amorphous egg group and not so fairy like to me. Can't wait to see what other pokemon were changed.

I kind of get that you're not being all that serious Esdain, but the post comes off as sort of weird. Pokemon is a great series, always has been and probably always will be. There's no reason to be ashamed that you're playing a game designed for kids, and the addition of the fairy type shouldn't make you ashamed to play it either.
I had a goal when I began playing this series, and I'm going to keep playing until I accomplish that, even though I've failed to do so for 15 years now(Meloetta should have been released by mystery gift). If it's fun, why worry about the opinions of others?

Also, Fairy egg group(Which Jigglypuff and Marril are already in) has existed for a bit over 13 years now.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 01:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
You may be getting therapy for the wrong thing.

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
I kind of get that you're not being all that serious Esdain, but the post comes off as sort of weird. Pokemon is a great series, always has been and probably always will be. There's no reason to be ashamed that you're playing a game designed for kids, and the addition of the fairy type shouldn't make you ashamed to play it either.

Valefor.Esdain said: »
/sigh Being a straight male I had nearly broken the negative stigma of being a pokemon lover

Hmmm. Well I'm not sure exactly what Sylow means and am certainly unsure why so many people are clicking 'like' on it. Haters gonna hate, I suppose.

As far as the post being 'weird' to Diabolique, I'm not really seeing that either. Perhaps I should have reworded the line about being a straight male to perhaps say something like "I don't think a single guy will ever get laid by telling a girl that he plays the fairy pokemon type". The part about the Gary Oak cosplay sex picture came to mind 'cause of that. *shrugs*

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said: »
This thread is the FFXIAH thread dedicated to Pokemon talk.

I obeyed the rules and didn't create a new thread for it. If people wanna click on this thread and then haze over someone liking a particular game that just happens to be marketed towards youth, meh. It's whatever I guess.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-12 01:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) Your post implied really serious insecurity issues and the "straight male" preface made it sound like sexuality insecurity issues.
2.) If liking Pokemon is the "last straw" that's keeping you from getting laid, then you're probably a poor-quality mate to begin with. I mean seriously? What girl goes, "Oh, here's a great, attractive guy with a great personality ... but ... you know ... he plays Pokemon for fun, NEXT."
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 01:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What girl goes, "Oh, here's a great, attractive guy with a great personality ... but ... you know ... he plays Pokemon for fun, NEXT."

I've met girls like that, but why would you be interested in a girl that's so insecure about what her friends/boyfriend likes to do as a hobby unless it's being a serial murderer or something srsly

easy mode: go to any random anime convention and you'll probably find plenty of pokemon-loving nerd girls

or if you're still in college you can probably find a club of some sort
 Siren.Aerolite
user: Daily
By Siren.Aerolite 2013-06-12 01:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think that in order to impress a girl you're only allowed to do "manly things", then you've got the wrong idea, or like Sylow said, you have some insecurities you need to deal with.

Pokemon is a great game and since we live in a world that's so quick to turn everyone into boring "adult" drones, I think it's nice to be able to sit back and play a game that reminds me of why I loved being a kid(and why in many ways, I still am one).
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 02:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Call me jaded, but as a general scenario I actually think that it's safer to not wear what you enjoy doing on your sleeve. I've met too many people that claim they don't care what people do when they're actually just afraid of looking shallow and they actually care a lot.

That aside, I thought Esdain's first post was supposed to be humorous given the story about screwing while dressed as Pokemon.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-12 02:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My post was meant more jokingly, but upon realizing I had struck a weak spot (due to the defensive response), my predatory reflexes absolutely forced me to sink my fangs in.

Rawr!
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 04:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) Your post implied really serious insecurity issues and the "straight male" preface made it sound like sexuality insecurity issues.

Actually it was an insecurity that made me chance something in that statement from what it was originally. I had originally intended to put something about "an __ age adult male", but am really having these new fun issues with my age seeing as how I've kind of wasted the last ten years of my life and went and got "old". (34). Thanks FFXI. I remember being a bright-eyed 24 year old. Then I ran into an MMO called Final Fantasy XI. lol

So the 'straight' part was where I went back and replaced the age thing with something else that kind of fit.

Anyhoo, now that I've de-railed a bit, I was going to re-rail back to pokemon. I was curious if anyone played theirs on the Visual Boy Advance emulator by any chance. Yes. I already know the legalities of emulation and whatnot, but I choose to 'risk it' as playing games on an emulator is just so much more suitable for my playstyle and you simply can't beat being able to play RPGs with frame skip and fast forward toggles as well as save-states. I bought an actual Game Boy advance and the carts and they have been in a dresser for years because "Ain't nobody got time for that". Well, at least I don't.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone played on VBA and if so, I wouldn't mind trading with you if you did. In order to trade, I'd just need a save-state or the "battery" back up data. If would be named something like "Pokemon Emerald.sa1" in your emulator folder. I've been trading with myself on emulators for a while now (wow. Never having typed that, it sounds sad... lol) so I know how to do it. Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know.
By zuishi 2013-06-12 05:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

>mfw effective against dragon
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 06:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That will most likely get a mod to remove it due to profanity rules on this forum. Something to do with ad revenue from google adsense being vanked if they have too many potty-words in picture images. Oddly enough, I've seen people cuss a lot in text in their posts. Oh well. Welcome to the forums here. I'll go ahead and edit that picture you posted enough so that it's 'safe'; even though it's still obvious what it says.

By Toebag 2013-06-12 07:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leonkasai said: »

France.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-12 09:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind. Playing this now. Screw emulators. This is way more fun... and free! (Sorry if it's already been posted.)

https://pokemmo.eu/

So far so good. My name was sadly taken so I had to alter the lower case i into a lower case L, but that's... okay I guess. I got a Quiet (Special Attack + Speed -) female Bulbasaur as my starter. <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-12 09:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

whoah, totally downloading that!

edit: Lonely nature charmander x.x
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 224 225 226