Are Empyrean Weapons Easier During NM Camping?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Are Empyrean Weapons easier during NM camping?
Are Empyrean Weapons easier during NM camping?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-02 13:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Its probably a logic process: XI devs only adjusted the rare check for lotting from loot pools, not direct solo drops, or some of spaghetti code interaction is counting the recycle bin as inventory when lotting but not considering it inventory on direct drop.

Should test how QM interacts:
1-will it auto drop to the QMs inventory on kill
2-will applying QM after its in the pool bypass the rare check if someone lots or passes
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-02 13:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I also just confirmed this. Got a Blanched silver on my solo THF (with a couple trusts out), dropped it to recycle bin, farmed up another and acquired it just fine.

I then invited my alt, and with more than 1 actual player in the party could no longer take the item from treasure pool when it was in the recycle bin.

The solo method does have some additional limitation in that you have to keep the dropped item in the last 10 items dropped, and if you're solo farming you will likely get a lot of garbage. So if you're going to try to use this method, you'll want to remember to clean up your inventory before heading out.

EDIT: off to do some work for a bit, but if nobody has tested with QM by the time I get back to farming I'll check that too
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-02 13:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
So if you're going to try to use this method, you'll want to remember to clean up your inventory before heading out.

And make sure you don't have Treasury constantly tossing other items out automatically on your behalf.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-02 14:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if party with the rare in recycle bin gives you the item if it auto-drops to you. Meaning without lotting it. Which can be induced by everyone else passing it if you need it on a certain char.

That seems to be the same as the solo method, since you are not lotting but it auto-drops to you as the only party member.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-02 14:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
I wonder if party with the rare in recycle bin gives you the item if it auto-drops to you. Meaning without lotting it. Which can be induced by everyone else passing it if you need it on a certain char.

I assume you mean like this:
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
If you're in a party they drop to the treasure pool but any character who already has one in their recycle bin cannot cast lots on the ones in the treasure pool. After 5 minutes when they auto-lot out of the pool, they will drop to the ground.

And no, it drops to the ground.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-02 14:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Itll sit in the pool for 5 minutes (or until forced out) until everyone has acted on it. If you pass on it, you will get the “unable to get item” message and it is lost.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-02 14:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd that it works differently but oh well.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-02 15:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Its probably a logic process: XI devs only adjusted the rare check for lotting from loot pools, not direct solo drops, or some of spaghetti code interaction is counting the recycle bin as inventory when lotting but not considering it inventory on direct drop.

Should test how QM interacts:
1-will it auto drop to the QMs inventory on kill
2-will applying QM after its in the pool bypass the rare check if someone lots or passes

Tested. Two players in party, both with Blanched Silver. Dropped it to Recycle Bin on the party leader, farmed up another in the treasure pool.

1- it won't drop to the QM, you get this instead:

2- turned QM off, farmed up another Blanched Silver, there were also three other items in the pool. Applied QM, nothing happens to any items in the pool - QM only affects new drops since the time you turned QM on.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-02 15:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

2- turned QM off, farmed up another Blanched Silver, there were also three other items in the pool. Applied QM, nothing happens to any items in the pool - QM only affects new drops since the time you turned QM on.

QM can "cast lots" in the treasure pool menu and instantly obtain them without any roll, even if they've been given QM after the item hit the pool, FWIW. It certainly won't work in this scenario (for the Blanched Silver), just clarifying.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-02 15:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, thanks everyone. This has given me more of a sense of purpose and made the farming feel like it's going a little quicker. Now @47/50 Ulhuadshi Fangs ;) 50/50 awwww yeah, on to Dragua!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-02 15:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As Maletaru said, turning on QM with items in the pool does nothing instantly. Any items will fall to the QM when their timer is up. Killing new targets nor getting new loot will force the existing items in treasure pool out.

To clarify his later statement about forcing items out: Items will be forced out of a treasure pool with a QM enabled after if ANYONE in the party lots or passes on any item. Yes, even if the QM target passes on an item, they will receive the item (barring their inventory filling up or its a rare item obviously)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-02 15:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this a lot by the way...If you're QM and you pass the entire pool (because your damn mouse hovered over the "done" button (for r/e items) then you can still get them, but the OTHER member(s) in the party have to pass them for you to get them.

Treasure pool is ugly and the QM system is imperfect, but you can use it to your advantage sometimes.

On the topic of this post: I think if you're solo, this would be a GREAT strategy for a LOT of NMs, to save you having to run back-and-forth constantly to get 1 more of some pop item. Especially widely spread out stuff like Chloris, you can avoid having to go back to the caverns to get those items for EVERY pop, and can instead store up 5 of each, or however you choose to go about it.

If you're in a party...well at least you already have multiple characters!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-02 17:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add, if someones making mental notes about how QM works:
QM with a full inventory will generate a loot pool, and that loot pool will fall to random party members instead of being lost.