SE DMCA Against Private Server Streams?!?!?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » HorizonXI » SE DMCA against private server streams?!?!?
SE DMCA against private server streams?!?!?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-12-08 14:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Am I missing something? I dont know ***about twitch or watching people play games. I'd rather play games instead of watching people play games, so its very possible I'm missing something here.

No doubt it's all garbage content, it is on Horizon after all. I was just saying that some streaming does require effort to produce. I can't honestly say I've watched any of them to comment on if they put that effort in.

I guess it depends on the streamer and venue. Doesn't take much effort to wear a bikini while playing Mario...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-08 14:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Like i skimmed throug hotdawga video from yesterday, or the day before, and it was literally SIX HOURS of killing beetles in Garlaige.

Riveting streaming content lol
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2023-12-08 14:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole section of the forum is a psychiatrist's wet dream. Every single thread in the HorizonXI forum section boils down to 'YOUR VERSION OF FUN IS WORSE THAN MINE!'

Christ people, get a grip. You know what I do when I'm scrolling thru (social media website) and see multiple advertisements for (random mobile game) while I'm taking my morning dump? I keep scrolling. You'd have to have some kind of mental illness for it to ruin your day like 'You should play HorizonXI!' is doing to you spergs.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-08 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cadant said: »
This whole section of the forum is a psychiatrist's wet dream. Every single thread in the HorizonXI forum section boils down to 'YOUR VERSION OF FUN IS WORSE THAN MINE!'

Christ people, get a grip. You know what I do when I'm scrolling thru (social media website) and see multiple advertisements for (random mobile game) while I'm taking my morning dump? I keep scrolling. You'd have to have some kind of mental illness for it to ruin your day like 'You should play HorizonXI!' is doing to you spergs.
Thank you for your wisdom, we all greatly appreciate it. We look forward to when you can live as you preach and ignore this section of the forum.

Unless something is different about these posts than adverts for a mobile game...
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-12-08 14:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of y'all need to learn how to shut the *** up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cadant
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2023-12-08 14:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »

Thank you for your wisdom, we all greatly appreciate it. We look forward to when you can live as you preach and ignore this section of the forum.

Unless something is different about these posts than adverts for a mobile game...

You should play HorizonXI
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-08 14:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As VIP and thread creator
Niflheim has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever (I think?)
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-08 15:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As VIP and thread creator
Niflheim has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever (I think?)
If you were thinking I can edit other people's posts, I can not. I could delete a post but that doesnt really serve any purpose here.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-08 15:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant topic ban

Unless thats just admins.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-08 15:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant topic ban

yeah that is just for them cool guys with the green and red bars.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-08 15:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I retract my statement about Nilfheim having the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever.
By Mrxi 2023-12-08 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You should play HorizonXI
Horizon bad, play retail lil bro.
[+]
By JesterBuns 2023-12-08 15:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

(I am not trying to plug my video here honest, I put it on my own thread, but I'm just highlighting this one to make a point.)

You can very easily achieve an experience closer to classic era FFXI by playing Retail under your own self-imposed restrictions. We have been having a BLAST playing our 'Iron Man Mode' challenge, achieving goofy things that we normally wouldn't have to worry about. I've been camping FRAELISSA in order to get a Petrified Log to unlock Geomancer. WHO THE HELL IS FRAELISSA. :P

It's a refreshing, and truer-to-era experience with all the QoL you want, or don't want. It's up to you. Make your own damn fun. Don't rely on Aerec or any other 'Private Server Developer' to make it fun for you, cos they're just gonna buff Thief and ban you for criticizing them anyway. ;)

Retail is the superior experience because like it or not, it's made by ACTUAL game developers, not people who ripped off a code and then have the sheer brass balls to write 'letters from the developer' posts. There is no ONE way to play a video game. Nobody else pays your sub. So play it however you want to, and don't go looking for an experience 'tailored' for you. Tailor it yourself. That's my 2 cents.

I will add that if anybody enjoys Horizon, that's ok. I've said a million times I prefer people LIKE something than don't. But HXI is such a shady, scummy operation that I just can't get on board.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ixn
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2023-12-08 15:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

JesterBuns said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

So AI bots you built and taught to play FFXI aren't against the rules? This is how I have fun. Also I've seen some speed runs from fresh character to shadowlord defeat. Nothing crazy but a big noticable difference since leveling up is so fast these days. Like damn, 8 hours to defeat the shadowlord? Took me that long to level up to 10 the first time I've started lol.
By JesterBuns 2023-12-08 16:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You're under the misapprehension that I have any idea how to build an AI bot lol. But that's the point! If making AI bots play the game for you is how you have fun, then go for it. My point was that there is no set way to play XI, and if you're looking for a truer to era playstyle you can definitely tailor one that's a whole lot more reasonable than... oh I don't know... THF getting 19 buffs it didn't need because the lead 'dev' plays that class.~

I will say, the faster exp rate isn't a bad thing at all. All it does it cut out grind time. If you play without trusts like we do, you will stay skilled up regardless of the fatter exp drops. I'll take that over grinding out a billion rabbits to get to level 10. When I was a kid I could manage that, but I'm an old-*** *** now with a life and stuff. To me it's a win/win.~
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-08 16:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I love ffxi but I don't play much anymore. I'm an anomaly. I'm a 1 character player on a dead server that plays on a controller. I am more geared than the average player. I slurp sweat and tears when I want something in the game, but it's always fun first.

I enjoy ffxi on my terms. those terms are login when the boys are on the get ***-faced while we attempt a friend-murdering tree so I can fight a dragon that will probably wax my group for months on.

if that doesn't sound fun I get it. But I love my friends and will always play ffxi. fen sucks retail is such a slog but I can only hope something changes because I ain't making no primes and I got 20k muffins and dont give a ***.
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-08 16:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ixn said: »
So AI bots you built and taught to play FFXI aren't against the rules?
This is just trusts with extra steps. (And probably worse too, lol.)

Experimenting with stuff like that is cool.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I'm a 1 character player on a dead server that plays on a controller.

Wait, is that weird? Aside from the dead server part you just described exactly how I play too.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-12-08 17:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant topic ban

VIPs can topic ban from their own threads, edit the title, move them into different sections, and a couple of other things. They're not full mods in threads they own, but it gets pretty close (though they obviously can't ban people any farther than that thread's boundaries)

The limited-mod-powers-in-own-threads was added so Kalila could manage her threads on their own, without having to wait for a mod. It's one of the reasons we're picky about who gets VIP!
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-08 17:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I retract my statement about Nilfheim having the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever.

time to retract your retraction, fun is back on the menu!
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-08 17:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
I meant topic ban

VIPs can topic ban from their own threads, edit the title, move them into different sections, and a couple of other things. They're not full mods in threads they own, but it gets pretty close (though they obviously can't ban people any farther than that thread's boundaries)

The limited-mod-powers-in-own-threads was added so Kalila could manage her threads on their own, without having to wait for a mod. It's one of the reasons we're picky about who gets VIP!
Fair enough I guess I dont know my own power
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-08 17:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

time to retract your retraction, fun is back on the menu!
For the first time in the history of history, I unretract my retracted statement!
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
Server: Bahamut
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-08 17:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to have some kind of mental illness for it to ruin your day like 'You should play HorizonXI!' is doing to you spergs.

"lmao you know what i do when i don't like something? i scroll past, you STUPID SPERGS" he screeches from the thread he didn't keep scrolling past

i don't think anyone's day is ruined other than the folks who got DMCA'd :) bye felicia
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-12-08 17:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep scrolling.

Except you didn't.

[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-12-08 17:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alyx said: »
Horizon server costs are $414 a month right now, Ninja did make a sizeable donation to the tune of $5k, total donations to the server are $18,223.
lol 414 a month only i can afford it easily alone LOL
By Dodik 2023-12-08 18:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Play Horizon, friend.

Don't ask why, I know you didn't ask for my opinion anyway. Just play it. Do it.

[+]
 Asura.Leaeric
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leaeric 2023-12-08 18:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This. Is. Rich.

Private donations.

Lawsuit in 3, .. 2, .. 1, ..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Alyx
user: Alyx
By Lakshmi.Alyx 2023-12-08 19:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.imgur.com/a/0kp8SNc

Obtained from an inside source, only thing I covered is the donation link.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-08 19:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the dumbest *** keep track of illegal ***(anything, honestly) with names ffs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2023-12-08 19:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
I meant topic ban

I wonder if Scragg or Jaerik ever look at the site now and are like thank *** we don't have to deal with this. Kudos to you Rooks!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10