Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-11-30 18:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Figure out a fix for the shoutbox!
That's GW plugin level stuff, which I don't have anymore. But yes, that would be nice. Maybe I'll see if I can get access to it
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-11-30 18:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Rooks, I am grateful that you are still around and care about our dumb game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ayasha
Server: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2023-11-30 18:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if the Horizon subforum exists? You all do know there's the option to NOT click on every thread that pops up, right?

This "community" is toxic as hell anymore. Every thread devolves in to the same handful of postcount++ peacocks fighting about the same irrelevant nonsense.

I'd rather watch Hannity.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-30 19:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ayasha said: »
I'd rather watch Hannity.

"I'd rather watch Hannity, after this post."

FTFY.
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-11-30 19:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
Also, for the record: all the nonsense around this section has definitely had one effect retail players can be happy about. All of the discussion really hit my nostalgia button (I've logged in to retail a bit, still haven't decided how much I'm gonna play) and more importantly, got me motivated to start fixing things around here again*.

Sales rates are fixed for me locally and I hope to get them deployed this weekend, so if anyone has something in particular you want me to address, strike while the iron's hot, friendos.

Can there be a better way to sort items by sell through rate by server? Pretty please? I kept trying to find items to sell but for whatever reason it just...won't.
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-11-30 19:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gweivyth said: »
Can there be a better way to sort items by sell through rate by server? Pretty please? I kept trying to find items to sell but for whatever reason it just...won't.
A little more context? Like is this an existing page that needs improvement, or something specific you want a new tool for...?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-30 19:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ayasha said: »
Who cares if the Horizon subforum exists? You all do know there's the option to NOT click on every thread that pops up, right?
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-11-30 19:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is no one going to point out that Rooks has posted in this thread under 5 different names?

And he says there isn't a conspiracy...

#rooksdidhorizon #loosegil
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-11-30 22:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know the underpinnings, but I definitely feel like this private server ***on ffxiah seems shady.

I'm guessing they paid ffxiah to market them but I could be completely wrong and maybe that's fine cause that's this site's decision.

It just doesnt make sense. There are two or three games that are now being discussed and its confusing and irrelevant to core ffxi.

If I was on the ffxiah board (I'm not), private server rot would never have seen the light of day.

Again, if that's the direction this site wants to go, whatever, they need to make money.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-11-30 22:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a thought. Make a way for people to be able to opt out of seeing this private server ***. All of it. An account toggle that makes it so one doesn't have to see this *** in the most recent threads list anymore.

***is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-30 22:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Using slurs is a good way to get the topic locked.
By Draylo 2023-11-30 22:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

He always post like it's 2008 BG. You can't say that word anymore
 Cerberus.Fishmonger
Server: Cerberus
user: Pometeme
By Cerberus.Fishmonger 2023-11-30 22:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Using slurs is a good way to get the topic locked.
Just ask Rinste about slurs.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
By Drama Torama 2023-11-30 22:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
I'm guessing they paid ffxiah to market them

"Hey man, want some PR for your private server? We're going to open a forum section filled with XI diehards who've spent years sharpening their teeth on each other, and view you as an existential threat. That'll be $50,000."

they need to make money

We're fine. A big part of the work I do is making the site as efficient as possible, so hosting costs are low.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-11-30 22:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying that didn't happen, a hard no?

I mean, I think Horizon is pushing hard with big money behind them and ffxiah is an easy target for marketing.

If not, what are the results of introducing private server talk on ffxiah? Its not pretty for sure.

Let me be clear, thank god for ffxiah on the dwindling years of ffxi. The informed posters here, the administrators, for good or ill are keeping the game alive and I support ffxiah whole heartedly as a last lifeline for the good years of great gaming.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-30 22:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
By Drama Torama 2023-11-30 22:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct, it did not happen. I've explained the origins of this section like a half dozen times; I get that it's boring, but there's no ulterior motive and no money is changing hands.

Also, how are we "an easy target for marketing"? Like, what do you even mean by that? We do get solicited quite often, usually from content-mill type places that want sponsored posts for like, two bucks, but we've never done that and never will, because we are both principled and very lazy

The only time I can think that we actually did, was when Stan was launching Guildwork? And even that was more about the partnership with the Windower plugin and using it to update characters outside of the LSCOM. (And he wasn't paying - it was a mutual partnership)
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-11-30 22:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy target because ffxiah is one of two sites that players can access for information. The other of course is bg wiki, old school players can access other site dumps.

Why did yall decide to incorporate private server forum if not for dollars? Its not working out you have to agree. The forum is rife with chaff and not like, here is valkrum emperor, can you help me.

Frankly, you should have gotten money out of this, dunno why you're giving free marketing to private servers since its so controversial and confusing to the core game.
By Hopalong 2023-11-30 22:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Guildwork was a good move by both of yall, but he abandoned ffxiah and made a boatload of money on discord? There has been a lot of synchronization issues between ffxiah and and his platform from what I gather. No shade, that was the early days and kept ffxi exciting.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-30 22:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiah is one of two sites that players can access for information. The other of course is bg wiki

What's ffxiclopedia, chopped liver?!
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2023-11-30 22:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, you should have gotten money out of this, dunno why you're giving free marketing to private servers since its so controversial and confusing to the core game.

honestly, why isn't SE paying him?

actually, why doesn't half of the monthly subscription fee go to windower/ashita teams as well?

huh. that's really weird. you're asking some great questions dude. keep up the detective work
By Hopalong 2023-11-30 22:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

throwin shade, whatever.

I've said multiple times that SE needs to contract a few knowledgeable posters here and it would keep ffxi fresh and alive.

SE needs to pay windower/ashita some sort of tribute because I bet if we didn't have them, over 50% of us would quit.
By Hopalong 2023-11-30 22:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What's ffxiclopedia, chopped liver?!

Quote:
old school players can access other site dumps.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-12-01 02:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
He always post like it's 2008 BG. You can't say that word anymore
As a retard I have permission to use the word. That's how it works.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2023-12-01 02:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
As a retard I have permission to use the word. That's how it works.
Same, I'm also a retard
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-12-01 08:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How did I miss this yesterday? I laughed harder in this thread than I did at my fiancée's Worst Written Sex Scene award thread.
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-12-01 08:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kipling said: »
Why does this sub forum exist? Look at the ads on the side of the website and that’s all the answer you need. Anything to drive traffic. Going to guess the number of FFXI players who are older and don’t know how to use an ad blocker is pretty high.

It’s certainly not because any of us “private server people” asked for it. I honestly didn’t know people still used these forums until recently.
Hmm y talking about traffic make me think Horizon is corrupt with rmt as bad as retail already lol.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxidrama/comments/16el2j8/this_place_is_giga_cringe/
 Asura.Gweivyth
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-01 09:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Asura.Gweivyth said: »
A little more context? Like is this an existing page that needs improvement, or something specific you want a new tool for...?
My bad, yeah I could have been more specific.

The only way I could find to see ALL items in a category is to go to this page. So if I go to the Fish category, and sort it by rate, I believe it just shows an aggregate sell rate for all the servers. So it isn't actually representative of the sell rate on the server I play on.

Like if I use Trumpet Shell as an example, it says that it sells at an average rate on the Browse page, but if you actually go to the item it shows that it sells at a very slow rate on Asura.

Would be cool if I could just sort these pages with an additional filter of "only use data from my server."

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for looking. <3
 Asura.Gweivyth
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-01 09:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Or hey, even a query builder would be nice, but I imagine that is not something you'd want to do for security reasons.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21