This is my last sortie run.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-11 00:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if this is what Fujito meant with his comments about Stage 5 being more difficult to finish.
[+]
By Univarsity 2023-07-11 00:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Had an interesting bug happen yesterday. For some reason, we got the notification for a B chest (Shard) but it didn't spawn where we killed mobs (fire elements). We pressed on and stumbled upon the chest sitting in A near the Acuex.
Same thing just happened in our run but with the A shard.
By SimonSes 2023-07-11 04:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Aita seems to have some sort of trigger for Vivisection outside of time or healing it. It might be tied to debuffs, number of spells cast, Magic Bursts, or something else - we got hit with Vivisection three times with seemingly no warning. The first Vivisection was 1 minute flat after pull, second one was exactly 1 minute after his TP move (Flashflood), but later on our RUN was holding it weak with everyone else away and he wasn't using it. We ended up killing it mostly thanks to Helix zombie, and still only got 10k gallimaufry.

Triboulex seems to use Setting the Stage in response to using the same Immanence spell more than once. The first Skillchain (Immanence Fire -> Immanence Thunder) went fine, then Immanence Fire resulted in an instant Setting that killed everyone. We recovered somewhat (time was running out from the Aita nonsense earlier) and pulled it again, Immanence Thunder instantly triggered Setting again. We timed out shortly after this. I don't know if this is an Onychophora-type mechanic where you have to rotate SCs (except this time it's SC properties that get you in trouble), if you can only use each Skillchain property once, or if something else is going on.

Question about 2nd and later Vivi/Setting. You was going out and wait outside of area to reset the boss completely? If you don't do that, timer for Vivi/Setting counts down even after a wipe and boss being unclaimed. It will always Vivi/Setting few seconds after you engage it if 3 min passed since last Stage/Vivi.
Im thinking first Vivi/Stage could be triggered by hitting it with Stage4/Oshala, but following ones could be just 3min timer?

My theory is that bosses "rage" after getting hit by stage4 (either auto or WS) and maybe you need to keep hitting them with Prime or SC with them or it's even more complicated. The reward is probably the chance for stage 5 stones and that's what Devs were referring to by saying last stage is much harder. It will be pretty sad if this force mages setup (without using stage 4) being only option to farm galli after getting 4 stones with melee setup :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-07-11 04:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
We just completed our usual 8 boss run with our stage 3s and saw no change in behaviour so unlikely to be a bug or anything too. Seems the NMs really do change with stage 4.

I mean I believe they change with stage 4, but the question is what triggers the change. Just having stage 4 in inventory, auto attack with it or Prime WS.

Mischief said no reward, but what Weeew is suggesting can be true, if trigger is auto attack or prime WS, then maybe it's need to be retagged after wipe and also following Stages/Vivi after first wipe could be just a timer keep ticking, not the Stage 4 "rage mode" anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-11 05:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
We just completed our usual 8 boss run with our stage 3s and saw no change in behaviour so unlikely to be a bug or anything too. Seems the NMs really do change with stage 4.

I mean I believe they change with stage 4, but the question is what triggers the change. Just having stage 4 in inventory, auto attack with it or Prime WS.

Mischief said no reward, but what Weeew is suggesting can be true, if trigger is auto attack or prime WS, then maybe it's need to be retagged after wipe and also following Stages/Vivi after first wipe could be just a timer keep ticking, not the Stage 4 "rage mode" anymore.

Yeah will need alot more testing to find out what the triggers are. If it's simply having stage 4 in inventory then that's really bad news.

TBH its bad news whatever the trigger is, unless counter-trigger is like keep using Prime WS/auto, otherwise melee setup is doomed if you need to fight harder bosses when its already less Galli then mages setup anyway. Unless the reward is really more Galli/+1cases (and like Weeew said, Mischief just lost "reward buff" after wipe) and not only stage 5 stones that you will have too much after few runs.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-07-11 07:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If this increased difficulty is by design and does not increase gallimaufry rewards at all, then this not only: wrecks most people's plans to make a bunch of stage 4s but no stage 5s; but also makes picking up random fill-in members more challenging as now you have to either deny people with stage 4 weapons or accept that they will make your run more difficult with no additional payout as a result

The real question is why y'all are still doing Sortie at all, but that's just my opinion.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-11 07:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
The real question is why y'all are still doing Sortie at all, but that's just my opinion.

This does not get the attention it deserves. (But we know the answer)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-07-11 08:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats an answer to people complaining of repeating same stuff over and over.

But saying it “behaves differently” doesnt actually means its actually harder, but maybe simply new sets of gimmicks are loaded on mob.

People just gonna needto refigure what they do now, and they will be back to killing like normal.

It was always like this. Difficulty never stopped those adventurers of vanadiel
[+]
By Chriztian 2023-07-11 09:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It may just be that you have to kill it in hard mode to get the Mesosiderite.

A couple of theories on how it may work:
1) You can only get a mesosiderite by using the stage 4 weap to trigger it's hard mode.
2) 1 plus it does it hard mode even if you have the stage 4 weapon in your inventory.
3) It drops Mesosiderite regardless whether the boss is triggered to hard mode or not, and whether you use the stage 4 weapon or just have it in your inventory.

But yeah, that's very rough =\
By Dodik 2023-07-11 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

All other stages you get stones by having the item in your inventory/case/sack/wardrobes.

Would be weird to suddenly change that.

But a straight up punishment for upgrading to stage4 with nothing else attached to it.. smells buggy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-11 11:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The director did say "You may think the final stage is rather harsh" or words to that effect.

Guess we found out what he meant. Once you get a Stage 4 prime the whole event becomes way more difficult. Still need some more testing to figure out what's happening here, but my guess is: if you have a stage 4 anywhere on your character, even if it's not for the job you're on in Sortie, the basement bosses exhibit the behaviors Mischief and his group noticed, making them significantly more difficult.

This sucks because even farming Empy armor or new stage 3/4 weapons is punished. You can wait on upgrading stage 4 until you have the muffins to upgrade to stage 5, but then you're waiting 3~4 months NOT using your stage 4 weapon outside of Sortie so that you can make getting stage 5 easier. If the stones are anything like the previous ones, you can get them pretty easily.

This is mostly disappointing news because it means the final stage is much more difficult and it's super frustrating that upgrading to the "you can use this outside of Sortie" stage *** over your Sortie performance. On the other hand, at least it adds some difficulty to finishing the final stage as opposed to more of the *relatively* easy grinding. Could be interesting to see new strategies come out to circumvent these mechanics. Kill in less than 1 minute? Use Perfect Defense? Asylum? Odyllic? All 3?

Thankfully myself and my group suck badly enough that we have shoulders of giants to stand on. Appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and strategies so that we can all be more successful together.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-07-11 11:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-11 13:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

E boss gains an aura after using cesspool which allows him to clobber / drops clouds on ground. The aura can go away if u bind and wait it out or kite ect. There might be more ways to remove but I haven't bothered to test. I think it used to stay up for about 3-4 min. Early on back with the 10 seconds ws wall I used to slowly WS him till he put aura on and bind / wait out his aura before we learned how to get metal ect. This was also before we learned the rdm grav kite method.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-07-11 13:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
But are you gay?
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-07-11 14:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
But are you gay?
Only in ***threads
[+]
By Ymora 2023-07-11 15:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this supposed to be a diss? You're literally still playing too, even if you're skipping sortie. I'd argue that playing & worrying about top-tier endgame stuff without participating is more cringe than other people participating in that endgame.

Ever time I read these forums swear to god I get more brain damage
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-07-11 16:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only in ***threads

Im gay
[+]
By Dodik 2023-07-11 17:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

By that definition everyone here is gay.

Which is fine, live and let love.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-07-11 17:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ymora said: »

Is this supposed to be a diss? You're literally still playing too, even if you're skipping sortie. I'd argue that playing & worrying about top-tier endgame stuff without participating is more cringe than other people participating in that endgame.

Ever time I read these forums swear to god I get more brain damage
A diss? No. I just don't understand why people hate themselves so much that they grind this content out. But I'd really rather not derail the thread with the typical ffxiah shittery.

Anyways. Again, if this change is intentional and people still want to grind out weapons, I guess you have to just avoid the adjusted NM behavior for as long as possible. Make up to a stage 3 weapon, grind out 7,500,000 gallimaufry, then upgrade to your stage 4 and hope you get the -ites you need within a few runs to escape Hard Mode hell. This way you aren't suffering through increased difficulty with no additional payout for the entire 5,000,000 gallimaufry it takes to go from stage 4 to stage 5.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-11 20:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming the upgraded NMs don't retain their upgrades when you have a Stage 5 weapon
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-11 21:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont know the behaviour is only if you equip the weapon, it's a bit premature to say you are stuck with hard mode bosses.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-07-11 21:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Altered behavior without more reward seems like an oversight/bug, I'm all for hardmode if it gives 2x/3x gally or something. Hopefully it's not a lv75 era attestation farming that would suck.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-12 01:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how they keep adding crap to sortie / ody to make it worse I bet this was exactly their intention. They will prolly walk it back and just say it was a glitch like they did with the 10 second WS wall.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-12 03:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Considering how they keep adding crap to sortie / ody to make it worse I bet this was exactly their intention. They will prolly walk it back and just say it was a glitch like they did with the 10 second WS wall.

Did they remove the WS wall recently, or changed it?
By Dodik 2023-07-12 03:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It used to be any WS, now it's consecutive same WS regardless of person doing it, not any WS.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 04:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
It used to be any WS, now it's consecutive same WS regardless of person doing it, not any WS.

It was also a 10 sec window and penalty was -90%, while now there is no window and penalty has tiers, which replicates previous implementation (Dynamis D).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 151 152 153