New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » December 2017 Version Update
December 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By geigei 2017-12-11 13:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Anyone in a rush to get the BLU relic hands +3? They look amazing!
Must get since SB is what makes a dd these days *cough lolmnk.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-11 13:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Subtle Blow gear is nearly useless. Did try to tune in to MNK discussions but the reading comprehension still wasn't quite there? :( Try again next time!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 14:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would continue to resist replying because this isn't really about December update, but since there's really nothing else to talk about besides relic hands (yay HQ abjuration prices for mostly unimpressive gear) and Ambuscade (which has its own detailed topic now)...

So, the only reason I mentioned PUP in the first place was in response to a trolly comment that the job needs super-powered relic armor to fix it being a "worthless" job (with the predictable follow-up complaint that since it isn't a SMN or its preferred support jobs, the job has no point... along with 18 other jobs, apparently)

Kodaijin said: »
I dont think Saevel is wrong. If a pup tank cant hold hate, then its not a tank. fair statement. You could have a SCH or a BST pet or a rdm also effectively never die as well but they cant be tanks. Not dying does not equal tank.

Despite what Saevel claims, PUP doesn't really have a problem holding hate in situations you'd want to use it - as several more reasonable people have already mentioned. Fighting something with ranged strats or mages (less popular now outside of maybe Kei, but this was the trend for like all of 2016 prior to the "GEO nerf")? Don't want a lot of people in range of deadly damage AoEs or Charm (like Bastok Dynamis boss this month, FWIW)? PUP is excellent. And hey guess what, that kind of setup describes a lot of the new content over the past year+. That's certainly a viable niche that isn't at all uncommon with current content, even if it's not the ideal tank for EVERYTHING.

Also nice that an automaton doesn't even require a healer in the party or any buffs on the tank, allowing for some pretty good lowman setups (kinda nice when you're fighting mobs with HP scaling).

I get that different tanks are good for different things. I also play an Epeolatry RUN and a well geared NIN (now that's a job that's barely a tank but is sometimes cited as such, it's straight up not a viable tank outside of super niche applications that rarely come up in the current game). I also love when we can make one of the LS PLDs tank stuff so I can go DD.

Perhaps if you have mega buffed WAR DRK kind of jobs in a zerg situation, PUP isn't your best tank option due to hate control. It's also pretty awful for holding hate on multiple mobs at the same time. That's perfectly fine. But PUP is pretty far from a useless job, and it actually does have a role where it's an ideal solution for situations that have been fairly common in the current era of FFXI. That's a hell of a lot better than things were for the first 9 years of PUP's existence, where it was basically a bottom tier melee DD, with some ability to go solo using a healer bot in a pre-trust era.

Asura.Saevel said: »
The only thing a PUP "tank" brings to the table is their nearly indestructible nature. They don't hold hate worth a damn but they don't die either. So if you can create a party the generates nearly no hate, you can use a PUP to "tank". Meaning other pet jobs or relic RNG's.

Don't need relic RNGs, I normally PUP tank ranged setups that include Gandiva RNGs and Fomalhaut RNG/CORs. Outside of stuff that would be a problem for any tank (people going nuts right after a hate reset move, specific mechanics like 99k SCs on Fu) there's really never an issue.

Also, PUPs shouldn't be fulltiming a single set of DT- gear, or trying to mix and match DD and tanking attachments when trying to act like a tank. S-E actually paid attention to this issue and gave a pretty damn nice Su3 set this year, with 5/5 pieces having large chunks of pet enmity. Should be swapping into those for voke/flashes whenever enmity is a concern, not just sitting in one DT- set.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 14:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Also, PUPs shouldn't be fulltiming a single set of DT- gear, or trying to mix and match DD and tanking attachments when trying to act like a tank. S-E actually paid attention to this issue and gave a pretty damn nice Su3 set this year, with 5/5 pieces having large chunks of pet enmity. Should be swapping into those for voke/flashes whenever enmity is a concern, not just sitting in one DT- set.

I don't think you got the reference.

The robot is full timing a single gear set. The robot doesn't change gear for fastcast or use an enmity midcast set. They aren't optimizing their recast either. They are a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WAR/PLD with no gearswaps but are virtually indestructible.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 14:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The robot is full timing a single gear set. The robot doesn't change gear for fastcast or use an enmity midcast set. They aren't optimizing their recast either. They are a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WAR/PLD with no gearswaps but are virtually indestructible.

Master swapping into pet enmity+ gear before a puppet enmity generating ability is basically an enmity midcast though.

Yeah, they don't use haste/fastcast gear for enmity abilities because everything is on a timer. That's just different.

I actually don't disagree with your categorization as a virtually indestructible HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WAR/PLD. But sometimes that's a very effective tool :)
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 14:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget pup tanks pretty good keeping the rest of your group safe from AoE magic like meteor
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-12-11 14:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would continue to resist replying because this isn't really about December update, but since there's really nothing else to talk about besides relic hands (yay HQ abjuration prices for mostly unimpressive gear) and Ambuscade (which has its own detailed topic now)...

So, the only reason I mentioned PUP in the first place was in response to a trolly comment that the job needs super-powered relic armor to fix it being a "worthless" job (with the predictable follow-up complaint that since it isn't a SMN or its preferred support jobs, the job has no point... along with 18 other jobs, apparently)

Kodaijin said: »
I dont think Saevel is wrong. If a pup tank cant hold hate, then its not a tank. fair statement. You could have a SCH or a BST pet or a rdm also effectively never die as well but they cant be tanks. Not dying does not equal tank.

Despite what Saevel claims, PUP doesn't really have a problem holding hate in situations you'd want to use it - as several more reasonable people have already mentioned. Fighting something with ranged strats or mages (less popular now outside of maybe Kei, but this was the trend for like all of 2016 prior to the "GEO nerf")? Don't want a lot of people in range of deadly damage AoEs or Charm (like Bastok Dynamis boss this month, FWIW)? PUP is excellent. And hey guess what, that kind of setup describes a lot of the new content over the past year+. That's certainly a viable niche that isn't at all uncommon with current content, even if it's not the ideal tank for EVERYTHING.

Also nice that an automaton doesn't even require a healer in the party or any buffs on the tank, allowing for some pretty good lowman setups (kinda nice when you're fighting mobs with HP scaling).

I get that different tanks are good for different things. I also play an Epeolatry RUN and a well geared NIN (now that's a job that's barely a tank but is sometimes cited as such, it's straight up not a viable tank outside of super niche applications that rarely come up in the current game). I also love when we can make one of the LS PLDs tank stuff so I can go DD.

Perhaps if you have mega buffed WAR DRK kind of jobs in a zerg situation, PUP isn't your best tank option due to hate control. It's also pretty awful for holding hate on multiple mobs at the same time. That's perfectly fine. But PUP is pretty far from a useless job, and it actually does have a role where it's an ideal solution for situations that have been fairly common in the current era of FFXI. That's a hell of a lot better than things were for the first 9 years of PUP's existence, where it was basically a bottom tier melee DD, with some ability to go solo using a healer bot in a pre-trust era.

The only thing a PUP "tank" brings to the table is their nearly indestructible nature. They don't hold hate worth a damn but they don't die either. So if you can create a party the generates nearly no hate, you can use a PUP to "tank". Meaning other pet jobs or relic RNG's.

Don't need relic RNGs, I normally PUP tank ranged setups that include Gandiva RNGs and Fomalhaut RNG/CORs. Outside of stuff that would be a problem for any tank (people going nuts right after a hate reset move, specific mechanics like 99k SCs on Fu) there's really never an issue.

I agree here and will add that puppets actually have 2 sets of gear, attachments work as non-swap gear (at least with pet out) that gets greatly enhanced by maneuvers.

Then you have master gear that again, enhances massively the pets performance, heyoka set is just incredible for those hate tools.

Im doing some omen lately with a pup tank with not many ppl (party of 6 or less) and its a brilliant, unkillable machine of holding hate under controlled hate situations, for example just having 1 frontline DD and 1-2 summoners.

People should stop thinking as if every situation in this game all DDs will have capped-everything, only server with a big population is asura really, for the rest its either lowman scenarios with 1 mule around or multi-boxers with 6 characters hyperbuffing themselves, i just know 1 group in ragna that goes alliance-type (or almost), the rest is 6 or less.

In situations where you lack many people to play around or people you dont want play with, havin a couple friends with pup smn and such is brilliant lol, 140k hallmarks this month abussing puppet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A good chunk of the time automatons aren't casting anyways, they would hardly require fast cast anyways. Flash is a job ability, not a spell, so for that it's all about attachment+enmity. Would be interesting if there was an in-game interface only available to PUPs to allow them to see when their pet's timers on stuff is about to be ready so masters could more appropriately time their gear swaps. Something that would allow them to see what the automaton was going to use next, so we could coordinate our swaps accordingly. But I digress. There is no real reason for a FC set, unless you are nuking or using a Naga Cure set.

Everything is based on maneuvers. If you are going to swap in Fire, just use a pet enmity set to make the most of your pet's voke. If you're going to swap to light, same thing for flash. PUP is in a unique category of being the only pet job whose direct actions cannot be controlled and are only influenced by it's maneuvers and attachments. That aside, it will perform it's abilities when they are ready. But it takes a skilled PUP to fine tune their skills and apply the appropriate swaps at the proper time. That's where the real tanky fun starts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 14:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just also add that had I not had PUP levelled for last ambuscade, I would have earned 0 hallmarks because I joined no groups for frog. But due to its tank invincibility, earned over 100k hallmarks just "not" tanking with other PUPs/COR setup. It was fun, and it was good to see other PUPs get some opportunity as well. Everything is always SMN this and that, people are always close-minded to new ways of getting stuff done.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-12-11 14:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
I agree here and will add that puppets actually have 2 sets of gear, attachments work as non-swap gear (at least with pet out) that gets greatly enhanced by maneuvers.

Automaton is similar to blue mage this way.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2017-12-11 14:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

*Stumbles in* Is this the PUP thread? must be, musta missed that update thread on the way over here.

Anyone tested to see if SE fixed the personal loot drop in Dyna?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2017-12-11 14:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

are virtually indestructible

Don't dismiss this. It has actual value.

And PUP tank is fine - you just have to build a group around its strengths (being invincible with practically no support) while compensating for its weaknesses (mediocre enmity generation). This isn't rocket surgery or some crippling flaw in the job, it just means you have to play differently with one. If that lets different groups of people complete content, why does it matter to anyone else?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 14:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
*Stumbles in* Is this the PUP thread? must be, musta missed that update thread on the way over here.

LOL, unfortunately the flashy looking WSD+10% on PUP hands drew some early discussion (kinda overhyped for a job that doesn't make good use of any single hit WS), and it snowballed from there.

Yes, S-E said in the update notes that they fixed the personal loot drop issue so I'd assume it's really fixed. Haven't personally observed it yet though.

Quote:
Resolved Issues
Various issues with improper dialogue and help text.
The issue with Dynamis – San d’Oria (D) wherein the next wave would not appear under certain conditions during the battle with Aurix.
The issue with Dynamis – San d’Oria (D) wherein players would not receive personal rewards under certain conditions.
The issue with Dynamis – San d’Oria (D) wherein players would not receive a designation during the wave 2 boss monster under certain conditions.
The issue with Dynamis – San d’Oria (D) wherein the message stating the players were unable to receive personal rewards would display after personal rewards were received.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-11 15:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »

Doin a LS run in Sandy tonight so ill try to remember to report back here with info.
Last 2 runs I got 0 Personal drops so I hope its changed.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2017-12-11 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

10% WSD on DRG hands

Dispel added to PLD Shield Bash.

Very cool!
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-12-11 15:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 3 medals and 11 cards from the statue boss tonight, so I would say it's probably fixed.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 15:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Master swapping into pet enmity+ gear before a puppet enmity generating ability is basically an enmity midcast though.

I actually don't disagree with your categorization as a virtually indestructible HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WAR/PLD. But sometimes that's a very effective tool :)

The gear the master use's is FAR inferior to what RUN / PLD actually get, which I said earlier.

Quote:
Yeah, they don't use haste/fastcast gear for enmity abilities because everything is on a timer. That's just different.

Umm Haste / fastcast is used by players ... wait a minute ... reduce a timer. Robots are too stupid to do this, thus their hate generation is absolutely garbage. I was serious with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WAR/PLD reference, the person who has no idea what their JA's are for and has to be reminded to provoke and Flash every minute or so. Being unable to hold hate is the definition of a ***tank.

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
are virtually indestructible

Don't dismiss this. It has actual value.

And PUP tank is fine - you just have to build a group around its strengths (being invincible with practically no support) while compensating for its weaknesses (mediocre enmity generation). This isn't rocket surgery or some crippling flaw in the job, it just means you have to play differently with one. If that lets different groups of people complete content, why does it matter to anyone else?

Oh I never dismissed it, we've used PUP tanks for things before and they've always been other pet jobs or the occasional relic RNG. But that's the absolute limit to what you can do because the moment you introduce any sort of heavy damage it immediately falls apart. People going around saying stuff like "PUP is a great tank" are no different then those saying "MNK is a great DD" or "SMN is a great buffer". Factually incorrect and powered entirely by irrational emotions.

As I said earlier

Quote:
Job X is great, when all other competition is removed and it becomes the only choice. Now that's an illogical statement for everyone.

It's like boosting your the strongest person in the world, if we remove everyone who's stronger then you. A statement can not qualify itself and objective qualifications must be done on the whole. It's the same *** people defending the exact same three jobs, SMN, MNK and PUP. Those jobs are ***outside if a very specific niche that practically qualifies itself because of how specialized it is. MNK is a ***DD, it's the weakest of the DD's and it's only saving grace is feeding minimal TP. PUP is a ***tank, it's the weakest of the tanks who's only saving grace is being almost invulnerable, which doesn't matter when the NM ignores the robot. SMN is a ***support job, the weakest of the support jobs who's only saving grace is a broken AC.

Saying stuff like "PUP tank is the best when we're using PUP tank" or "SMN is the best job for using AC SMN" is dumb. Red is the best color of red, water is the best at being wet, sunlight is the best light for getting sunlight.
By eliroo 2017-12-11 15:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using ad hominen to attack the character quality of an AI robot in a video game to prove your point?

I mean what are you even arguing anymore? A Tank is just something who holds the mob and takes damage and a PUP is a tank in a good bit of instances in this game, shouldn't that be the end of the discussion? Or is your obsession with being right going to prevent this from ending?
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-11 16:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

RE: +enmity on the auto.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Strobe
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Strobe_II

With OF1+2 and a light maneuver, increase those by 50%, or 100% during OD and add them together. Then add Pet: enmity gear on top.
OD with strobes caps VE with invincible.

The problem isn't lack of +enmity, it's lack of CE generation. You can get around that to some degree with /BLU a decent master enmity set and 5/5 ventriloquy. Or can just have a SCH use Caper Emissarius on the master when the pet loses hate then vent it over.

Who takes a tank to a full on melee zerg and expects them to hold hate on the main target? Adds? Sure. Main NM? You're gonna have a bad time unless your DD are gimp.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 16:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
The problem isn't lack of +enmity, it's lack of CE generation. You can get around that to some degree with /BLU a decent master enmity set and 5/5 ventriloquy.

It's not the lack of Capital but the lack of Money. The robot doesn't switch into gear before doing something.

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Who takes a tank to a full on melee zerg and expects them to hold hate on the main target? Adds? Sure. Main NM? You're gonna have a bad time unless your DD are gimp.

And you just showed your ignorant on high level mobs. CE/VE from damage is greatly effected by level difference, meaning on a high level NM a tank like RUN or PLD can actually hold hate half the time due to the level difference muting the CE/VE generation from damage. The DD's will still eventually pull hate, switch to DT gear, the NM hits them a few times and goes back to the tanks. The most important part is that when the DD's take high damage, that's enough of a CE loss that it ends up going back to the tank instead of threatening the DD further. The tank doesn't need to hold the monster 100% of the time, 50% would be sufficient enough.

Quote:
I can do a single WS and permanently have hate off of Rua's robot. It can't hold hate worth a ***because it has ***CE/VE generation. PLD's and RUN's actually have a decent shot of holding hate off me 60~75% of the time robots have 0%. Holding hate off of SMN / BST or relic RNG's is easy, a fresh 99 gimped PLD can easily do that while half asleep, that doesn't define a great tank. Holding hate off a fully buffed DD going whole full throttle is what defines a great tank. Robots are just invincible so are useful in fights where your not using high offensive strategies and instead just trying to survive.

Now I've been talking about ***that people actually care about CL140~150. Anything less then that really doesn't matter.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 16:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I've been talking about ***that people actually care about CL140~150. Anything less then that really doesn't matter.
Only to you. Many real people still care about and struggle with things like VD Ambuscade, Omen bosses, Halphas, etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 16:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The robot doesn't switch into gear before doing something.

The master does, which influences PET: stats. How are you not getting that?

Quote:

Dat backpedal...
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 16:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happier having just erased the reply I typed out. Gotta let this die lol.

Most people seem to get that there are multiple possible tanks, each of which has their advantages and disadvantages. I'll continue using my PUP to tank stuff with my Gandiva and Fomalhaut toting friends (who are apparently terrible since they don't rip hate of my puppet and aren't required to use Anni/Coronach onry...), get wins on current content in a reasonable time, and enjoy myself.

Or when the situation calls for it, I'll switch to my RUN, make one of the PLDs tank, etc. Not that hard to get.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-11 16:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This one word, is the entirety of the discussion.

I'm happier having just erased the reply I typed out. Gotta let this die lol.

Most people seem to get that there are multiple possible tanks, each of which has their advantages and disadvantages. I'll continue using my PUP to tank stuff with my Gandiva and Fomalhaut toting friends (who are apparently terrible since they don't rip hate of my puppet and aren't required to use Anni/Coronach onry...), get wins on current content in a reasonable time, and enjoy myself.

Or when the situation calls for it, I'll switch to my RUN, make one of the PLDs tank, etc. Not that hard to get.

You can't use that word when you're talking to someone unreasonable.

Your RNG peeps use a stronger weapon than anni and are forced to hold back (or, are /actually/ terrible. cause they should easily pull hate off a puppet.)

Meaning you spend /more/ time doing something you could've done faster.

The name of the game is efficiency. Pup tank (works) but only if everyone is terrible, or you go slower than you need to.

Which by some definitions = not working
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-11 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to double, to add a second point here.

When we were doing RNG exclusive content, we'd always have that one guy who insisted on using a bow instead of Anni.

"it does more damage" .... Obviously.

But when you pull hate and you get us all hit with aoes, it slows down the OVERALL speed of the event.

Yeah, you did more damage, but caused the event to take 3 minutes longer. Time IS money.

If Time = Money, then PUP tank = not tank. Unless you don't care about money.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 16:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly not terribly concerned if fighting an Omen boss or Ambuscade NM takes a couple minutes longer than some optimal setup, especially considering that the boss fight is only a small portion of the total time clearing the zones, obtaining Ambu KIs and all that zoning, etc.

I will admit my group is not the top 1% and the most efficient in the world. But we clear the current content, enjoy doing it, and somehow manage to not self-destruct when we occasionally use a puppet to tank. Shocking that I can still bear to play the game, no?

Plus, while my teammates might not be the finest players who ever played, they're not incompetent and generally pretty pleasant to spend a couple hours with. That counts more to me than if I was in an LS with the best of the best and I didn't really like being around them. I also don't want to play with total idiots, but I'm in a situation where we're good enough to get stuff done and the game and company entertains me. That's really all I need.

Also, some of you must only see kinda bad PUP tanks (which honestly isn't very shocking). It's way, way overblown these past few pages: the results from a well geared PUP taking advantage of proper maneuvers, attachment setups, and gear swaps is not like you're using a WAR who stands there and forgets to voke. That's kinda the vibe people are incorrectly giving off here.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-11 16:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the lack of Capital but the lack of Money. The robot doesn't switch into gear before doing something.
Ok since you didn't bother to read. The auto has more enmity in DT set just through strobes and maneuvers. I'll bold the next part and maybe you'll read this time. The master switches gear before the auto acts.

And you just showed your ignorant on high level mobs. CE/VE from damage is greatly effected by level difference, meaning on a high level NM a tank like RUN or PLD can actually hold hate half the time due to the level difference muting the CE/VE generation from damage. The DD's will still eventually pull hate, switch to DT gear, the NM hits them a few times and goes back to the tanks. The most important part is that when the DD's take high damage, that's enough of a CE loss that it ends up going back to the tank instead of threatening the DD further. The tank doesn't need to hold the monster 100% of the time, 50% would be sufficient enough.
And you just proved you don't actualy read what people are saying, you just skim, assume, then parrot easy to find information like it's something people don't know to try to show superiority.

I can do a single WS and permanently have hate off of Rua's robot. It can't hold hate worth a ***because it has ***CE/VE generation. PLD's and RUN's actually have a decent shot of holding hate off me 60~75% of the time robots have 0%. Holding hate off of SMN / BST or relic RNG's is easy, a fresh 99 gimped PLD can easily do that while half asleep, that doesn't define a great tank. Holding hate off a fully buffed DD going whole full throttle is what defines a great tank. Robots are just invincible so are useful in fights where your not using high offensive strategies and instead just trying to survive.
Case and point. You pull hate off an auto with instant capped VE (50% of overall cap) apparently by WSing once on these mobs with reduced hate generation due to level difference. So your second WS pulls it from the RUN assuming they can cap CE and VE within the time it takes to WS twice.

See above. I agree, you've been talking about ***, but it's not stuff people care about.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-11 17:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note, it's time for a block. I like info, and a lot of the info you share with people is good, but it's tainted by your terrible better than thou attitude. It's a game, not everyone lives and breathes XI.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-12-11 17:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Decoy shot work on the puppet? I may be misnformed but couldn't the Gandiva RNG just decoy shot, AM, Camo and just spam autos for pretty good damage while transfering hate to the automaton?

Also with like 2-3 RNGs using Decoy shot the hate should stick pretty well correct?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-12-11 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it does (Trick Attack doesn't)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9