Random Politics & Religion #30

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 65 66 67
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I mean we frequently see it in the news... but we also are sampling all the incidents that occur in a population of over 300 mil and playback the same ones for weeks

I'd like to see you walk a mile in my ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I get tourettes every time I'm drunk probably why I'm banned from the public library.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-12-28 11:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 11:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean we frequently see it in the news... but we also are sampling all the incidents that occur in a population of over 300 mil and playback the same ones for weeks

and why do you suppose that is junior!?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The various levels of drunk talk are always amusing:

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 11:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Shooting innocent civilians or unarmed combatants is illegal under the Geneva convention yet US Police Officers frequently shoot civilians and unarmed combatants in the USA. An armed ISIS insurgent has less to fear from the US Military then an unarmed civilian in the USA does from the US Police Force. This is not hyperbole, this isn't exaggeration, its the reality we live in now where Police Officers have virtually no limits to what they can do. They have no oversight and they know and abuse it.

It certainly happens which is why I'm a proponent of erasing the whole "blue line" culture we've spoken of in the past if able. More accountability would certainly be smiled upon by most. I'd hope even most officers would smile upon it. I can't imagine that the majority are comfortable covering for the *** among them but feel extraordinary pressure to do so.

Might drastically cut down on the infidelity and alcohol abuse known to permeate our police forces as well.
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 11:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Bad news sells better than good news. And it's better than talking about how Roy Moore still refuses to take no for an answer
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 11:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

I'd like to see you walk a mile in my ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you have a mile of ***? You might want to see a doctor about that
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad news sells better than good news. And it's better than talking about how Roy Moore still refuses to take no for an answer
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I sorta want to start huffing duster but...I got to keep my computer keyboard clean.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 11:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Shooting innocent civilians or unarmed combatants is illegal under the Geneva convention yet US Police Officers frequently shoot civilians and unarmed combatants in the USA. An armed ISIS insurgent has less to fear from the US Military then an unarmed civilian in the USA does from the US Police Force. This is not hyperbole, this isn't exaggeration, its the reality we live in now where Police Officers have virtually no limits to what they can do. They have no oversight and they know and abuse it.

It certainly happens which is why I'm a proponent of erasing the whole "blue line" culture we've spoken of in the past if able. More accountability would certainly be smiled upon by most. I'd hope even most officers would smile upon it. I can't imagine that the majority are comfortable covering for the *** among them but feel extraordinary pressure to do so.

Might drastically cut down on the infidelity and alcohol abuse known to permeate our police forces as well.

The center of the issue is that the Police Departments own Internal Affairs is who is responsible for "investigating" these things, and they are highly motivated to find in favor of the police officer. It would be like trusting Enron's accounting department to investigate Enron's finances to determine if there was any foul play. There really does need to be a separate external organization not staffed by former police officers who's only purpose is to determine if a homicide was justified or not. Have them be part of the IRS, Treasury Department or even the damn GAO, so there is absolutely zero conflict of interest. Whenever someone is shot by a police officer these guys show up, collect evidence and recordings, take statements from police officers and nearby civilians, then write a public report about what the facts are and submit said report to both the state police department and the FBI.

The only reason Police Officers are getting so much ***now is that people financially have the means to record and publicize the ***they do. Smart phones and social media have done far more to hold Police to account then any Internal Affairs audit ever has.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 11:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The center of the issue is that the Police Departments own Internal Affairs is who is responsible for "investigating" these things, and they are highly motivated to find in favor of the police officer. It would be like trusting Enron's accounting department to investigate Enron's finances to determine if there was any foul play. There really does need to be a separate external organization not staffed by former police officers who's only purpose is to determine if a homicide was justified or not. Have them be part of the IRS, Treasury Department or even the damn GAO, so there is absolutely zero conflict of interest. Whenever someone is shot by a police officer these guys show up, collect evidence and recordings, take statements from police officers and nearby civilians, then write a public report about what the facts are and submit said report to both the state police department and the FBI.

The only reason Police Officers are getting so much ***now is that people financially have the means to record and publicize the ***they do. Smart phones and social media have done far more to hold Police to account then any Internal Affairs audit ever has.

I'd be 100% on board with that.

One thing I will admit to is that while my home region isn't exactly well-off financially, it was still 99.9% white and rural. So my experience with poor inner-city neighborhoods and places like Ferguson and the like is lacking. And those are the places these things really seem to happen the most.
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be a cop but I think I'd enjoy killing people too much...I'd be like animal mother in Full Metal Jacket.
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should start a FFXI vigilante I don't know if I trust you guys with guns...maybe some billy clubs and brass knuckles...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-28 11:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad news sells better than good news.

NOPE

The only reason Police Officers are getting so much ***now is that people financially have the means to record and publicize the ***they do.

NOPE

You *** are missing the point....

The jackasses calling for de-militarizing the police force are the exact same *** that want everyone to turn over their guns...put on a unisex Muumuu... and sing the happy happy joy joy songs all god damn day....

There is NEVER going to come a time when everyone all the sudden all gets along with one another... and I have 50,000 years of evidence to back that claim up /points at history

tourettes

yeah.. well... maybe I get a little tourettesey... so I apologize a little for hurting your feelings cupcake...

but people have been pissing me off all week in the real world!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 11:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

NOPE

The only reason Police Officers are getting so much ***now is that people financially have the means to record and publicize the ***they do.

NOPE

The jackasses calling for de-militarizing the police force are the exact same *** that want everyone to turn over their guns...put on a unisex Muumuu... and sing the happy happy joy joy songs all god damn day....

There is NEVER going to come a time when everyone all the sudden all gets along with one another... and I have 50,000 years of evidence to back that claim up /points at history

tourettes

yeah.. well... maybe I get a little tourettesey... so I apologize a little for hurting your feelings cupcake...

[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-28 12:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm petitioning Trump's 2020 run to be *** it dude at least I'm not Hillary !
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 12:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The jackasses calling for de-militarizing the police force are the exact same *** that want everyone to turn over their guns

I say militarize everyone!

...I mean. It's probably a horrible idea.

But at least it wouldn't be boring.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-12-28 12:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

NOPE

you kids with your cell phones and your twitters!

By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 12:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know but this talk of old men and guns suddenly makes me miss my Atari 7800.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

"You shot gramps!"
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 12:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The jackasses calling for de-militarizing the police force are the exact same *** that want everyone to turn over their guns

I say militarize everyone!

...I mean. It's probably a horrible idea.

But at least it wouldn't be boring.
You might be surprised. You'll still have the same jackasses doing the same jackass stuff but average person tends to be a little more cautious when they know for a fact the guy they want to start ***with is packing.

If we really want to fix everything we need to start The Purge
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 12:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If we really want to fix everything we need to start The Purge

Come on, man. I'm not nailing my ***closed once a year just because it's Nausi's opportunity to rid the world of liberal scum.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 12:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I will admit to is that while my home region isn't exactly well-off financially, it was still 99.9% white and rural. So my experience with poor inner-city neighborhoods and places like Ferguson and the like is lacking. And those are the places these things really seem to happen the mo

It's about population density, how many Police Officers per square mile and so forth. In rural area there are more Police Officers per person but drastically less Police Officers per square mile. In urban areas it's the opposite, less Police Officers per resident but way more Police Officers per square mile. The probability of ***going south is directly related to frequency nervous Police Officers encounter nervous poor people.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 13:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why nail it shut? Protect your home like a man! Or hire some roof koreans
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 13:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Why nail it shut? Protect your home like a man! Or hire some roof koreans

This does not seem like a sound strategy year after year.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 13:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

NOPE

NOPE

tourettes

WTF you smoking willis, you gotsta share that ***.

I don't remember every mentioning disarming the Police <.<, they do need some oversight due to rampant abuse of the trust they were given. This is well documented abuse and they relied on the Blue Wall to get away with it, other officers lying and covering for each other. The vast majority of Police Officers are good people who follow the rules, it's only like 0.1% that go on power highs, break trust and *** ***up. Normally those would be identified and removed as being unfit for service, but since they all look out for each other it's impossible to remove them with the results being they make all police officers look bad.

When the bad behavior was pointed out via social media, the initial reaction from Police Chiefs across the US was one of absolute arrogance. It was only after they realized the video evidence was in the public domain that they suddenly got attentive.

You have Police Officers yelling at people while playing some sick version of Simon says where they kill you if you fail, and of course they killed the guy and the initial Police report was "Justified Homicide. he was reaching for a Gun". Then ***goes viral and now it's all "we need to investigate".

I wasn't exaggerating when I said ISIS insurgents were safer then US citizens. US Service members must do positive identification and determine hostile intent prior to using deadly force on a potential enemy combatant. This means they must not only see a weapon, but also witness the enemy combatant attempt to use the weapon prior to them being able to kill the enemy combatant. To do otherwise is a war crime and soldiers will go to prison for that. In the USA a Police Officer only needs to "feel threatened" to justify murdering you in cold blood. Doesn't matter if you had a weapon, were even attempting to initiate violence or even signaled an intent to initiate violence, only that the Police Officer felt their life might, in some way, be in danger.

Everyone needs to think about that long and hard. ISIS terrorists are safer against the US military then citizens are against the Police. This is because Police are taught that every potential interaction is with a criminal who wants to kill them so be careful, meaning they enter into virtually all interactions with the preconceived notion you might try to kill them. That immediately places you, the citizen, in the "feeling threatened" category of justified homicide and it just became your responsibility to prove to the officer you aren't trying to kill them so you can have the privilege of continuing to breath.

Also notice they never do this ***to anyone important, it's always someone that can't legally destroy them. By sheer randomness they should of shot a few mayors, an elected representative, a senator or a judge or two by now yet they haven't, because they can tell when someone has power and avoid those people like the plague. Its why when I have any interaction with the police, I drop the "my lawyer advised me X" in response to a question they ask. Seems to act like insect repellent to them and they finish up whatever they are doing and move along.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 13:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The movies might have endless supply of weapons and people willing to kill whoever but rl it would peter out after a year or 2.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-28 14:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The movies might have endless supply of weapons and people willing to kill whoever but rl it would peter out after a year or 2.

Honestly I struggle as it is with not going full-on survivalist weirdo. I don't think that the nuclear/zombie/communist apocalypse is imminent and I need to be ready...it just sounds kinda fun.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 65 66 67