Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 433 434 435
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-05 09:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I can't tell you the last time I played Dragoon for example.

Hey seriously, pick on someone your own size! Don't hate on the little guy DRG. What's he ever done to you, huh?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-05 09:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just saying that over the years some jobs seem to have fallen by the wayside. I know expecting everything to be perfectly balanced will never happen. But I think they should spend more time balancing jobs then say making Dynamis D...

If anything they should have made monk/dragoon over powered because it is easier to scale it back. Then do hardly nothing and make it worthless.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-05 09:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They could very easily nerf SMN, if for only a month via the job scan thingy in Ambuscade they did a few months ago, where the mobs rage/use horribad gimmicks when they have certain jobs in the party. Would be pretty funny if having a SMN in a party instantly caused the monster to use AOE death. as soon as hate was pulled.

Summoner uses Astral Conduit -> Bozzetto Mofo uses Chainspell Deathga

I'd definitely pay to see that
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-05 10:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bozzetto Mofo LOL!

Wait for it this month. Bozzetto Mofo x1 Bozzetto Thuglets x8

*Scans party setup, sees SMN* -- Draw in, stunga, terrorize, Deathga. Thuglets do /dance3 motion on your dead corpses.

Make it happen SE!
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-01-05 10:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They could very easily nerf SMN, if for only a month via the job scan thingy in Ambuscade they did a few months ago, where the mobs rage/use horribad gimmicks when they have certain jobs in the party. Would be pretty funny if having a SMN in a party instantly caused the monster to use AOE death. as soon as hate was pulled.

Reminds me of that Tonberry NM down in Pso'Xja that drops a BLM amulet or something. People fought him by kiting him around the stairs, but if an avatar ever pulled hate for even a split second he would immediately cast Death on it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-05 10:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bozzetto Mofo LOL!

Wait for it this month. Bozzetto Mofo x1 Bozzetto Thuglets x8

*Scans party setup, sees SMN* -- Draw in, stunga, terrorize, Deathga. Thuglets do /dance3 motion on your dead corpses.

Make it happen SE!

That would be awesome! Or better yet, they just cast Warp III on all SMN's at the start of the fight. Gotta make that statement personal.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-05 10:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember Seymour? He'd always react to summons by instantly killing them with a special move only used on them.

Of course, it didn't stop limit break spam because the summons still got one move off before dying, but it's the thought that counts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-05 11:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

See, players are smart. If they did something like that, people would just bring 2 Summoners and spam summons back to back so the monster is locked into only killing them, while 3 mighty strikes WARs demolish him while he's distracted.

It has to be an instant F You.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-08 10:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Login campaign this month:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login55.html

Abyssea proc items are back for 300 points (AA items), good buy. Detector mount. Also 1500 category will help with the cost of relic reforges.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-08 14:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There are quite a few incompetent SMN groups. SMN nerf does not cure incompetence. The difference between a really good SMN group and an average/crap one is the difference between being able to have an extra spot in party for a buyer. They are not all equal.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-01-08 15:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really sure why incompetent groups should be entitled to wins, anyways.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-08 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There are quite a few incompetent SMN groups. SMN nerf does not cure incompetence. The difference between a really good SMN group and an average/crap one is the difference between being able to have an extra spot in party for a buyer. They are not all equal.
the bad ones win, with a buyer

the good ones win with 5 buyers

incompetent groups should not be winning, much less carrying buyers

nerf smn
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-08 15:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
And then when they do nerf smn you will all complain because you can no longer get helm clears or hard content done. Face it most are not competent enough to set up a successful group without smn burn.

People that's been taking the advantage of it will complain, probably.

Those who doesn't play SMN will be happy that they finally get invite to ambuscade VD pt.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-08 15:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not defending it. It's easymode for sure, and I won't bat an eye the day it is patched. Most players just don't like forming their own setups, trial and error, reading other experiences and finding a good working strat.

Why can't people just form their own VD setup rather than sit around waiting for someone to invite them? Even if you lose, you can apply to enter right away and retry it. SMN burn isn't magically taking away from people's ability to do ambuscade VD.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-01-08 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

"Why bother wiping with these other methods when I can just go and win with SMNs in 40 seconds?"
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-08 16:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not defending it. It's easymode for sure, and I won't bat an eye the day it is patched. Most players just don't like forming their own setups, trial and error, reading other experiences and finding a good working strat.

Why can't people just form their own VD setup rather than sit around waiting for someone to invite them? Even if you lose, you can apply to enter right away and retry it. SMN burn isn't magically taking away from people's ability to do ambuscade VD.

People keep using this argument "make your own pt and do it hard way" but most of the time it's not justified realistically, unless you only play with mule army.

Most people still play with real players. Once they experienced easy setup(SMN) it will be very hard to convince them to do hard setup (melee) again. After one wipe most people will just yell "SMN let's SMN" since it's an easy solution to all.

I'm pretty lucky that majority of my friend and lsmate are SMN haters so I got to melee my way and grinded close to 200k points from ambu VD this month. This isn't the case for many others. Most of them will face community pressure from vast majority of player who prefers SMN.

In general, if you are a melee player, then you are at disadvantage because of less pt invite opportunity (thus more time investment), less people that you can invite(people only want SMN and sell spot won't join your pt) and such. You may not realize you are at disadvantage since you are probably having a lot of fun, but you really do if you calculate the cost using melee setup, v.s another guy SMN their way AND sell VD spots.

That's the real reason why this SMN nerf thing has been going on for ages. It's less about elitists don't want casual player kill things, it's more like life isn't fair.

It never does, but surely we can at least rant about it.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-08 16:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN burn isn't magically taking away from people's ability to do ambuscade VD.

It is, it's just human behavior. Humans are lazy so if there is an easy 0-effort path 99% of the people will take it. If you are in the 1% and you can't achieve the goal on your own or abysmal group of people with your mindset, you basically have to give up and join rest or just quit trying. That's the whole point of having a balance in the game so that everybody has the opportunity to have fun in his own way rather than the same approach to every single problem that leads to mind-numbing experience
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-08 16:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about different things here. I'm not disputing that people will take the easier path when it is available vs the more challenging option. That much is obvious. If there are people who don't have SMN or a job useful in that setup, they still have to get the ambuscade done. So you're going to either form your own groups or pay someone to get it done for you (sadly). You not having smn means you weren't getting invited to smn groups to begin with, so you're not missing out on those invites to ambuscade. You're just not able to take advantage of the cheese method. That's no different from a Reisenjima BST party shout and you're a dragoon. You aren't fitting into the setup. You can just form your own group elsewhere.

There are still a very large handful of people who don't use the SMN method. If they give up trying, that's their prerogative. Again, its not balanced and I'm not defending that standpoint. But every single month, there are about a dozen strategies posted on the monthly ambuscade thread that do not include a single smn method. Last month PUP army came together to get it done. My very first VD win this month was in a non-smn setup. People can get it done if they are geared and capable with the right people. If not, they may have to knock it down a notch. But they can still get it done.

Again, not defending SMN burns. But nobody's ability to do ambuscade in a non SMN setup vanishes just because the most common setup is smn burn.
[+]
By geigei 2018-01-08 16:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This rage against smn lol, going strong.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-08 16:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait where are these REisenjima bst pt shouts you speak of?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-08 16:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
And then when they do nerf smn you will all complain because you can no longer get helm clears or hard content done. Face it most are not competent enough to set up a successful group without smn burn.

Haven't won a single Aeonic using SMN's. Did all mine using various combinations of SC MB, Melee Zerg and RNG burn.

Shiva.Spynx said: »
SMN burn isn't magically taking away from people's ability to do ambuscade VD.

It is, it's just human behavior. Humans are lazy so if there is an easy 0-effort path 99% of the people will take it. If you are in the 1% and you can't achieve the goal on your own or abysmal group of people with your mindset, you basically have to give up and join rest or just quit trying. That's the whole point of having a balance in the game so that everybody has the opportunity to have fun in his own way rather than the same approach to every single problem that leads to mind-numbing experience

I agree, the problem isn't SMN winning fights quickly, it's SMN winning ALL fights quickly. There should always be multiple viable methods to approach game content. Anything that reduces the game down to four jobs is very bad for long term health.
By Afania 2018-01-08 17:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about different things here. I'm not disputing that people will take the easier path when it is available vs the more challenging option. That much is obvious. If there are people who don't have SMN or a job useful in that setup, they still have to get the ambuscade done. So you're going to either form your own groups or pay someone to get it done for you (sadly). You not having smn means you weren't getting invited to smn groups to begin with, so you're not missing out on those invites to ambuscade.

But you are.

Say if SMN has equal efficiency as melee setup, 50% of community choose to SMN and 50% choose to melee. Out of every 10 pt made you can choose 5 of them to join.

If SMN has more advantage than melee and 90% of community choose to SMN, 10% choose to melee. Out of every 10 pt made you can use 1 of them. Equalvant to missing opportunity on 4 pt.

You just didn't realize the missing opportunity, especially if you go with people in your connection. But if you look at things from bigger perspective, then missing opportunity do exist.

Having a well geared melee does not change anything, since well geared melee doesn't get invite to SMN setup anyways. As soon as pt members decide to SMN burn (and sell spot), a well geared melee no longer has a chance to get invite no matter how good he is.

Again, not defending SMN burns. But nobody's ability to do ambuscade in a non SMN setup vanishes just because the most common setup is smn burn.

Then you are missing the point. Your ability to get it done in a melee setup vanishes the moment friend/community/connection prefers SMN. You just didn't realize it maybe because YOUR friends are OK with melee. That's not the case for many others.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-01-08 23:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

form your own non-smn party. now you have missed zero opportunities.
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-08 23:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »

Until your friends tell you they prefer 40 sec kill with SMN and make extra Gil from selling slots, and refuse to come for melee setup.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-08 23:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »

Until your friends tell you they prefer 40 sec kill with SMN and make extra Gil from selling slots, and refuse to come for melee setup.

Yo, this is a real thing. It's legit hard to convince people to even *** bother if it's not smn anymore.

And I mean, I can't argue with it, why would anyone choose to do it the hard* way and spend 10+ minutes instead of 30 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-09 08:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yo, this is a real thing. It's legit hard to convince people to even *** bother if it's not smn anymore.

And I mean, I can't argue with it, why would anyone choose to do it the hard* way and spend 10+ minutes instead of 30 seconds.

This is why singular overpowered methods are bad for long term health. They encourage a FOOS approach which renders all other game mechanics unnecessary, eventually the player base simply forgets about those unnecessary game mechanics which drives away players who were fans of those game mechanics. Driving away players is the exact opposite of what a healthy MMO does.

It's not about "I like job X" or "I hate job Y", it's about maintaining a healthy end game ecosystem that's inclusive of all players.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-09 08:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to be honest, why would anyone choose the hard way? most of the time is because they dont have a summoner army to do stuff the easier way.

I dont know how is the situation on asura right now but in ragna, its hard to see 2 summoners together on the same spot lol, let alone other pet job classes.

Ideal setup for me: do things with people you like regardless of the setup, this is the best way of enjoying the game.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-09 09:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Well to be honest, why would anyone choose the hard way? most of the time is because they dont have a summoner army to do stuff the easier way.

We have a group of people that likes to do it without using SMN's but that's only because we have people who actually enjoy playing instead of just collecting shiny trophies.
By Quizzy 2018-01-09 09:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
We have a group of people that likes to do it without using SMN's but that's only because we have people who actually enjoy playing instead of just collecting shiny trophies.

Is that it? Or do you have a group of people that already had aeonics, and now it doesn't really matter, so you are having fun as a group?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 433 434 435