Random Politics & Religion #22

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 79 80 81
By Viciouss 2017-04-26 14:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can pretty much apply that to his entire Presidency thus far.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 14:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy who is constantly wrong, and also an economic denier said: »
Nah I'm good, since you have proven nausi wrong and we know reconciliation is going to be a huge problem, I am interested in seeing any ideas on how Trump is going to offset his fantasy tax plan without breaking 1 or more of his campaign promises.
Is it your type of wrong, or the general consensus of what is considered "being proven wrong"? Cause, for some reason, your version of reality is completely incorrect.

As for the reconciliation/breaking campaign promises, who cares? As long as tax reform is actually done, that's all that matters.

Knowing you, however, you are going to harp about a campaign promise that wasn't made and consider it a great victory for you and your side. Good for you, glad you finally found something to be happy about. Who cares anyway?

Promises are nice, but actions are what is important.
By Viciouss 2017-04-26 14:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, what about the trump fantasy actually qualifies as tax reform? Raising/lowering taxes isn't reforming the system. Not that any action is going to be taken.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-04-26 14:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
So if we were to accept you're premise and revenues double irrelevant of tax rates, what is the harm in lowering taxes?
It's the unidentified blogger's premise and not mine, but it's more complex than you're making it out to be. Of course, revenue will continually go up as revenue sources increase and just emphasizes the need for a more standardized measure to control for that. Simply saying it doubled within a certain time frame is an incomplete statistic.

The other flaw was that ALL revenue is considered in that argument so increased revenue attributable to tax increases in other areas are conflated with effects of tax decreases. Basically, it's more complicated than taxes go down, revenue goes up, which most logically-minded individuals would conclude.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-26 15:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

One of this really matters at this point as it's just something the Donald is throwing out there... it's not going to happen the way he wants it too... I doubt most republicans would even support this plan as is...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 15:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

'Height of Hypocrisy': Obama Called Out for Planned Big-Money Speech to Wall St. Firm

Sources are bad, mmk? Especially if you are an economic denier.

Quote:
Former President Barack Obama reportedly agreed to give a lucrative speech to Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald LP.

But many are now pointing back to the 44th president's harsh criticism of the financial industry, including calling Wall Street bankers "fat cats."

Fox Business Network's Charlie Gasparino broke the story, reporting that Obama's speaking fee will be $400,000, nearly twice as much as Hillary Clinton received for similar appearances.

Gasparino said Obama has agreed to be the keynote speaker on health care at an event in September.

A spokesman for the former president didn’t return a call for comment; a spokeswoman for Cantor said the firm is not in a position to comment just yet, but would not deny that Obama has agreed to speak to the firm and at the $400,000 fee, he reported.

On "Fox & Friends," Kristin Tate, author of "Government Gone Wild," said the speech would be the "height of hypocrisy" after his harsh criticism of Wall Street.

"It's all about personal gain for Obama," she said, adding it's not surprising for a politician to "cash out" after they're out of office.

"But Democrats end up looking more hypocritical than Republicans because it's the Democrats who constantly rail against greedy, rich bankers and rich business people," said Tate.
By Viciouss 2017-04-26 15:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 15:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot "That's adorable" there, Mr. Economic Denier
By Viciouss 2017-04-26 15:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you say kid. All that matters is you keep entertaining us.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-04-26 15:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
On "Your World," Gasparino and Neil Cavuto both questioned why the mainstream media isn't focusing on this story.
I'm gonna go with "he's not president anymore".
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-04-26 15:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Quote:
On "Your World," Gasparino and Neil Cavuto both questioned why the mainstream media isn't focusing on this story.

Neither is Bush but that doesn't stop liberals from giving him ***constantly!
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-04-26 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Quote:

Constantly eh? The only time I see Bush in the news is when he releases a new painting.

Get used to the stories of Obama receiving very lucrative speaking fees all across the globe. Or keep crying about it @KN.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 15:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, that only applies when he is requiring your votes. Once that's out of the way, he's open season for all sorts of sellouts.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-04-26 16:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My father drinks the stuff, he loves glenlivit. I assume that's a decent brand....
Its decent but there is better. Try an Islay malt like Ramy posted.

I mean I can more readily enjoy Bacardi 151
There's better 151 rums than Barcardi too.

I would also mention that most people can't "get into scotch" until their mid - late 30s.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-26 16:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Quote:

People give bush ***constantly? I really don't hear anyone talking about him... it always seemed like he became a bit more popular after he left office...

In any case it's not like it's abnormal for people to be critical of past presidents... people here still take every opportunity, and sometimes make some, to bash on obama... it's like some people want to call out hypocrisy by being hypocritical lol...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-04-26 16:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Being paid for a speech is helping bankers out how exactly?
By eliroo 2017-04-26 16:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like bush and I think he gets a bad wrap but when people ***on him they ***on what he did WHILE he was president not WHAT he does after (Most of the time they praise him for the stuff he did after).

Regardless if I was offered 400k to talk to a few rich guys, I'd do it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 16:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I really don't hear anyone talking about him...
Well, not anymore. For several years after he left office, he seemed to have been brought up by another now-ex-president quite often. For everything and anything he can think of.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-26 16:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess because he's giving the speech to wall street guys... I mean hell... he had wall street guys working for him during his presidency...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-26 16:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I really don't hear anyone talking about him...
Well, not anymore. For several years after he left office, he seemed to have been brought up by another now-ex-president quite often. For everything and anything he can think of.
That's not really that unusual either... are you gonna *** at trump every time he brings obama up or blames him for something? I mean this is a nothing burger... it's like fishing for a reason to criticize obama for anything he does... you know like nausi assuming he went to a non extradition treaty country to escape justice instead of you know vacationing...
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-04-26 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

glenlivets relatively cheap for a good quality single malt, also earns cool points cause it was tony soprano's favorite
By eliroo 2017-04-26 16:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
you know like nausi assuming he went to a non extradition treaty country to escape justice instead of you know vacationing...

This happened? lol.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-26 16:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Quote:
you know like nausi assuming he went to a non extradition treaty country to escape justice instead of you know vacationing...

This happened? lol.
Yup...
By Viciouss 2017-04-26 16:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

This happened? lol.

Oh yeah, he still believes it I'm sure.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-04-26 16:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

He's going to teach them how to use a pen and a phone...and how to shave a couple points of their golf handicap... and other priceless lessons he learned when he was president.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

are you gonna *** at trump every time he brings obama up or blames him for something?
Other than spying on him, what has Trump blamed Obama for?
By eliroo 2017-04-26 16:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

He's going to teach them how to use a pen and a phone...and how to shave a couple points of their golf handicap... and other priceless lessons he learned when he was president.

I guess that is why Trump goes golfing so much, to be better than Obama in every way.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 16:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also the 10 steps at being a hypocrite. It's also considered his apology tour.

You know, for attacking them for the past 8 years. He needs to keep in good graces with his biggest donors.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-26 16:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that is why Trump goes golfing so much, to be better than Obama in every way.
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if that's why he is doing it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 79 80 81