Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2016-11-18 07:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana’diel 29 Digest

Greetings,

To coincide with the November 2016 version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another Freshly Picked Vana'diel to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

Quote:
Hello, everyone! Matsui here.

Thank you so much for tuning into Freshly Picked Vana’diel the other day.
This month we held the stream the prior to the version update, and we focused on an overview of the November version update as well as a bunch of other information.

For those of you who were not able to catch the broadcast live, or just simply want a recap on all of the information, the archived video is available below and I’ve organized this digest.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Table of contents:
Version Update Overview
Battle Content: Ambuscade
Job Adjustments
New Segment: “The More You Know – Vana’diel”
Fujito’s /shout
New Battle Content: Omen
Ultimate Sythesis Equipment (tentative name)

Version Update Overview
(0:02:42)
This segment of the show focused on the big aspects of the November version update.

Battle Content: Ambuscade
(0:03:26)
Director Fujito challenged the latest Ambuscade Volume 2 battle, so be sure to give the video a watch to get an idea of the fight.

This month’s Volume 2 enemy is a Belladonna; however, she doesn’t use charm. She will switch into a mode where she has an aura, and once this is up it will place various debuff effects on players. The key point of the strategy is determining how to remove this aura. We gave a small hint while Fujito was fighting, so check out the video is you want to find out.

Intense Ambuscade on the other hand features Trolls. In addition to the boss, there are multiple adds that will appear as well. The adds are paladins and rangers, and depending on the difficulty the number of adds will vary. The theme of this fight is “whack-a-mole”, so try and decipher what that means by heading into the fight and giving it a try.

(0:11:25)
This month’s reward is an equipment set for pet jobs. Naturally, there is a +1 version as well.

(0:12:37)
We’ve been updating Ambuscade since April, and we’ve received a lot of feedback and requests since its release. In regard to the difficulty, we’re striving to make adjustments so that both our casual players and our hardcore players are satisfied based on the responses we have been seeing. To give an example based on past content, we feel that the right difficulty is somewhere between the taurus and the dragon. Additionally, depending on the enemy there will always be cases where certain jobs may be tailored slightly better, and while we apologize for this, we’d appreciate it if you select the appropriate difficulty if you are having trouble clearing it with a particular job.

(0:14:23)
During the live stream we received comments mentioning that the total amount of Hallmarks needed for the +1 equipment felt too high. The idea behind +1 is that you put effort in and are able to get the full set, and we feel that there is no issue with the current balance. The Ambuscade equipment is filled with useful stats that are quite high, but there is also high-tier equipment available through avenues such as the Geas Fetes in Reisenjima, so we’d like players to see this as an another option. As for the other feedback we received during the show, we will keep it in mind for future considerations.

Job Adjustments
We gave an explanation on the job adjustments that took place in the November version update.

▼Pet command: Blood Pact
(0:21:05)
Addition of a TP modifier for physical Blood Pacts
Damage adjustments to each hit of multi-hit physical Blood Pacts
We made adjustments so that the stats of physical Blood Pacts are increased through a TP modifier. Coinciding with this, we also made changes so that each hit of multi-hit physical Blood Pacts would receive a damage modifier, and with this change even if the first hit misses the overall damage would not be greatly lowered. I’d like to note that monsters who use avatars have not been adjusted in the same way.

▼Adjustments to two-handed weapons and hand-to-hand
(0:22:59)
The effect values of the job trait Smite have been increased
The damage cap for hand-to-hand has been increase through a change in the specs
Compared to dual wielding one-hand weapons, both two-handed weapons and hand-to-hand were lacking in performance, so we made adjustments to boost the amount of damage that can be dealt while using two-handed weapons and hand-to-hand.

New segment: “The More You Know – Vana’diel”
(0:25:43)
This is a new segment of the stream that delivers some fun trivia. During the stream we had viewers guess the word should be placed in the “???” area, and then we revealed some hidden Vana’diel lore.
If you didn’t watch the stream, try to guess the answer to the below! For the answer watch the stream and click on the spoiler box.
There was a possibility that Shantotto could sprout ???.

Wings

??? is not used in the Far East (though there is an exception).

Kanji (Chinese characters)

Fujito’s /shout
Fujito made announcements about campaigns and the future.
Campaign announcements
(0:39:57)

→Anniversary event: Jingle Baaas
You can obtain a special in-game T-shirt item and other rewards.
→”XI Day” campaign
When logging in during the campaign period, you will receive a silver mog pell which can be exchanged for a variety of items.
→Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign and the Discount Campaign
Adventurers who have been taking a break will be able to log in for free during the Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign period. Additionally, the Ultimate Collection and Seekers of Adoulin are on sale during the Discount Campaign. Please use this opportunity to get back into the adventure!
→FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper collaboration campaign
The high-tier battle field version of the Rank 5 mission has a remixed version of Awakening for the background music, and if you beat this battle during the campaign period you can obtain the music sheet for the orchestrion. It can be obtained on any difficulty so check it out!
→Mog Bonanza 2017
There’s a new line up of rewards on tap. We’ll explain more on this in just a bit.
→November 2016 Login Campaign
Two new items are featured this month: a beetle mount and a mask item that can be seen on the NPC throughout the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel missions. There is also a fun new item, “Pungent Powder,” that will transform you into a baby version of a creature that can be reared in Mog Gardens.
→November Appreciation Campaigns
Eleven different campaigns are taking place at the same time. This includes an experience points campaign, so those returning should definitely take advantage! Next month we’ll have an array of campaigns geared towards returning adventurers.

New battle content: Omen
(1:06:28)
We’re currently progressing with development on new battle content geared towards parties. The difficulty will range from the regular monsters found in Reisenjima up to the very difficult version of Intense Ambuscade. The stage for the battles will be set in a secret area of Reisenjima. We’re currently creating new maps and are in our testing phases for the systems.

In a previous broadcast, we mentioned that we really didn’t want to create new content that focused only on defeating a boss, and so this content will revolve around exploring through this secret area while defeating monsters, and then ultimately arriving at a boss which you must defeat. Additionally, the regular monsters found in the area will also drop loot, so going into this area to focus only on defeating regular monsters is a possible. Likewise, just aiming for the boss is possible as well, and you will be free to choose based on your play style.

(1:13:24)
Along with Omen, we will be introducing materials that will allow you to reforge your Artifact armor to +2 and +3 versions. The items needed for the +2 version will be dropped from the regular monsters, and these can be obtained with just a few people or with trusts.

In addition to the materials for reforging, we’ll also be implementing accessories with very high stats, and we’ll talk about those soon.

Ultimate synthesis equipment (tentative name)
(1:17:40)
We are planning to implement equipment that is comparable to relics for crafters. Since the slot it will occupy is the sub-weapon slot, they cannot be used in tandem with the Kupo Shield, but they will have very good stats to compensate for this. You will need to undertake various trials to obtain and enhance this equipment, and ultimately it will become something with a unique graphic. We’re working hard on creating this and carefully making adjustments, so it will take a bit of time to finalized, but we hope you look forward to it.

The next Freshly Picked is slated for January, but I’m hearing whispers that we might do something in December as well! In any event, we would like to share the freshest information with you all in the very near future, so stay tuned!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-18 08:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely intrigued with the "Ultimate Synthesis Equipment", doubly interesting that they are making it be a sub-weapon, perhaps this is their answer to Kupo Shield users holding a monopoly on certain crafts?
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-11-18 10:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that ultimate synthesis gear looks awesome. Ending the reign of the Kupo Shield, plus I like the idea of high-level crafters having access to a special lockstyle that advertises their craft to other players.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-11-18 10:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen sounds a lot like incursion.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-11-18 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, good to see they're adjusting H2H & Two-Handers. This ought to give me even more incentive to update the DRK guide, and I've been getting extra tempted to re-sub to the game.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-18 11:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Nice, good to see they're adjusting H2H & Two-Handers. This ought to give me even more incentive to update the DRK guide, and I've been getting extra tempted to re-sub to the game.

In my opinion, all job guides on this site should be kept current and updated as a mandate. If the OP isn't able to do so whether due to RL, lost interest etc then an effort should be made by the staff to find someone to pass the torch to.

There are actually several guides grossly outdated right now and it's frustrating to have to sift through dozens of pages in hopes of finding answers.

My #rant wasn't directed towards you or your DRK guide. I just felt like now was an opportunity to say something in general. :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-18 11:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimate synthesis equipment

Sounds awesome!
Various trials huh ? i like
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-18 11:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
She will switch into a mode where she has an aura, and once this is up it will place various debuff effects on players. The key point of the strategy is determining how to remove this aura. We gave a small hint while Fujito was fighting, so check out the video is you want to find out.
near 7:52 mark, after you hear the *cough* did Fujito remove protect/shell manually, is that the hint ?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-11-18 12:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »

In my opinion, all job guides on this site should be kept current and updated as a mandate. If the OP isn't able to do so whether due to RL, lost interest etc then an effort should be made by the staff to find someone to pass the torch to.

There are actually several guides grossly outdated right now and it's frustrating to have to sift through dozens of pages in hopes of finding answers.

My #rant wasn't directed towards you or your DRK guide. I just felt like now was an opportunity to say something in general. :)
All good! Yeah, I'm definitely guilty of having left the guide outdated. So i'm currently looking for collaborators to help edit the node for the guide itself. If anyone's willing, I'll be glad to add them.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-18 13:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Quote:
She will switch into a mode where she has an aura, and once this is up it will place various debuff effects on players. The key point of the strategy is determining how to remove this aura. We gave a small hint while Fujito was fighting, so check out the video is you want to find out.
near 7:52 mark, after you hear the *cough* did Fujito remove protect/shell manually, is that the hint ?

IDK but it seemed more like the liquefaction skillchain (was there a fire magic burst also?) that triggered the next tp move, that was what removed the aura. The protect dropping was too close to the aura dropping so i dont think its that, and it didnt seem manually removed, seemed a lot like dispelled but it doesnt seems belladonna has access to dispel moves.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-18 13:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, I did see the liquefaction sc, i also didn't think she has dispell access, so i'm not sure. I'll try and report back :p
By FaeQueenCory 2016-11-18 14:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Really? Sounds more like Delve without the currency or Vagary to me.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-18 15:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Looking through logs it seems aura dropped after a Distortion Skillchain and a blizzard magic burst. After the MB she did Night stalker and aura effect wore. Liquification wasn't doing anything.

didn't work on recreate... /givesup
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-18 15:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Sounds exactly like Incursion. A way you can directly go to bosses. Can just kill trash if you want. Get coffers from the trash. Get better coffers from the bosses.

Delve has a bit similarities. Not quite like incursion though.

Don't know how you got Vagary lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-18 15:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

here's some hoping that Omen will allow more than 6 people inside
/crossesfinger
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-18 18:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

Sounds exactly like Incursion. A way you can directly go to bosses. Can just kill trash if you want. Get coffers from the trash. Get better coffers from the bosses.

The monsters and boss's will strip all your gear, lock your slots, give you amnesia, blind, paralyze, petrified, 2 min terror, amnesia, charm, 5 count doom and occasionally death.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-18 18:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

add. effect: occ. uninstalls game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-11-19 01:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to Omen. So with Af 119 +2 and +3 in the works, maybe it would be safe to assume that relic 119 and empyreal 119 will get the same treatment. Maybe these changes will just boost the armor similarly to how the overhauled Dynamis did with turning relic into level 90 versions of their original counterparts then adding an extra bonus when you did the final trial (i.e. enhance JAs, etc). Or it could be some sort of fixed augment system similar to the current Escha abjuration armor. I better get to work on 119 +1 on all my AF.
By Draylo 2016-11-19 02:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited for new stuff!
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-19 14:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

The monsters and boss's will strip all your gear, lock your slots, give you amnesia, blind, paralyze, petrified, 2 min terror, amnesia, charm, 5 count doom and occasionally death.

Lol hopefully not.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-11-19 15:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one always enjoyed the pathos system of salvage as a way of artificially creating difficulty. Hey, gotta do it somehow,and I always thought what better way than to take away our shinies?
By Pantafernando 2016-11-23 02:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments about the live stream!

Both Sicycre and myself had a blast doing it, and we would definitely like to hold more streams in the future.
We'll be thinking about future stream content while taking all the feedback we've received into consideration.
Until the next one, happy adventuring, and we'll see you all in Vana'diel!
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-11-23 07:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

L0L exactly what you describe for Incursion, though with Incursion when you farm only the "trash mobs", you basically just get garbage.
But when you farm the "trash mobs" in Vagary, you get items used to +1 empy gear. Like with Omen's "trash mobs" giving you +2 mats.

And I'm not so sure if you'll be able to warp directly to the boss NMs like Incursion.
It could just be similar to how Vagary's elemental zone works, where you can just ignore the nonNMs and cut directly to the NMs.

Either way though, it sounds like a currency-less raid content.
Which could be annoying... but hopefully the +2 and +3 materials aren't obnoxiously rare.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-23 09:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really hoping it's something like Limbus, though I'm probably going to be dissapointed. That was some of the most fun content the game ever made, there was room for all play styles. You needed good support and melee DPS but also needed crowd control and nuking. Some zones favored one type over the other but as you needed all the items to get to the MegaBoss's you still got a chance to play different jobs and enjoy the game in different ways.
[+]
By Calinari 2016-11-23 09:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If it takes place in that little arena it'll be more like Einherjar. A wave pops, kill it, next wave, next wave. big mob. recycle/end.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-23 19:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I'm really hoping it's something like Limbus, though I'm probably going to be dissapointed. That was some of the most fun content the game ever made, there was room for all play styles. You needed good support and melee DPS but also needed crowd control and nuking. Some zones favored one type over the other but as you needed all the items to get to the MegaBoss's you still got a chance to play different jobs and enjoy the game in different ways.

yes! I loved limbus and terribly miss the style of it

down memory lane:
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-11-28 08:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (11/28/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for mid-December.

December brings along with it all-new battle content known as Omen, with rewards including materials used for further reforging artifact equipment. You can also expect the usual monthly changes to Ambuscade, making December the perfect month to try your hand in combat!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-28 08:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

*** yes. Bring on Omen. Right on time for Winter vacation.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-28 08:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen in December is a nice surprise. New content!

Looking like Corse for Vol.2 and Lamia for Vol.1 Ambuscade.
PLD and BLU using Club, PUP and MNK will be great on the Corse.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-11-28 08:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
*** yes. Bring on Omen. Right on time for Winter vacation.

Bring it on....and a Corse NM for Ambuscade? I'm willing to bet PUP will shine in that fight. Especially if it's anything like Belphegor in Reisenjima.
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 201 202 203