Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 176 177 178
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-03 03:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sesshomaru said: »
Thanks for the response! I've gotten the Charmer's Merlin, Anwig Salade, and Desultor Tassets will come soon. In your opinion what's the easiest i119 to go for so I can begin solo/duoing things more efficiently? I've been trying to work on a PDT set, it's slow going thus far, picking up which pieces I know I can solo (namely old content stuff lol) are there any gear sets that are relatively easy to come by? I've been a bit reluctant to try a lot of the newer content because I'm not entirely sure which is soloable and which is just simply a pipe dream as far as solo goes.

Getting a solid pet DT set as a returning player with little help available is definitely a process. Apart from what you mentioned you already have/are working on, some easier things to get started:

109/119 your AF Relic. While you'll already need it for other important reasons, the Relic hands and feet give pet PDT.

Make a pair of Ferine legs +2 for the Stout servant, 109 them for the extra stats for your master iLvl. While you're working on empy gear make sure you have the Ferine hands too, they're important for hitting stuff harder. 109 them.

Finish a magian Astolfo with pet PDT to offhand. If you're looking for a 119 axe to mainhand and feel SoL, some returning players figure the easiest thing to do is grind merit point fights and sparks for Oboro's requirements to obtain Arktoi (pluton/boulder/beitetsu/gil for Ceh. Claw).

Roll the dice on Okyupete for the Shep. Chain.

Smash some Col./Lair Reives/WKR to get the Pastoralist Mantle, or 3 other JSE capes to trade for one. Use Refractive Crystals to try for Pet DT.

Start doing Seekers of Adoulin Missions for the awesome pet ring. Some of the fights may be a little more challenging for returning players, but it shouldn't be too hard to find help due to the Bayld rewards for repeat fights.

If using a mage subjob for your BST is something you like doing, definitely get a Beatific Shield from Yorcia skirmish.

---------------------

Maybe once you've done some of the above, or if you have more help available, you can do other stuff such as:

Delve (Marjami/Kamihr) for Isa Belt/Izizoeksi.

Warblade Beak unity NM for pet PDT earrings.

Escha Zi'Tah T1 NMs for Despair gear. Path C gives pet DT. Some of the pieces are also a good start for Ready move gear. You'll probably be okay with your duo partner and trusts for some of them.

Alluvion Skirmish if people are still willing to do it. Enough grinding/gil will get you some solid pet DT and other sets.

I didn't go into much detail with these ideas, and this list is definitely not all-inclusive, just tried focusing on the 'pet DT' part of the question. But hopefully helpful.

Cinnamon Custard returns...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-03 03:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Thundro said: »
Does anyone here have a gearswap that is up to date with new pet macros aside from the one Falkirk uploaded on front page? Don't get me wrong I love all the work you do but that gearswap is kinda overboard for my needs.

Also can anyone give advice as to what Job Points should be gotten first if you want to solo harder NMs? Saw 2 BST downing Yakshi with a GEO and COR few days ago in about 1-2 mins but I guess thats not possible if you don't have certain gifts?

Is this what you're looking for?
Simpler BST Gearswap

That GEO and COR were instrumental in enabling the BST to kill Yakshi, probably more so than the BSTs' job points, even though both are important.

The 'must have' gift is the Sic/Ready -5 one. The rest will gradually make a cumulative difference as you get more, the most important ones of which (in my opinion) being the pet accuracy bonuses that will help you hit higher level stuff.

Whatever your goal is, there isn't really a make-or-break job point category for soloing hard stuff; having more generally will mean you'll have an easier time. But I'd say you'll sooner notice the results of capping Ready Effect and/or Unleash first.

Depending on what kind of 'harder NMs' you want to solo, it will reach a point where: Trusts or no Trusts, your pet is going to take more damage than Reward and temp items can keep up with, and if you want to win, it is going to be expensive.
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-03 08:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone make a list of self-SCs that BST can make? Such as Brain Crush -> Tail Blow is Fusion.
By Zephin 2016-01-03 08:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thydonon said: »
I made a quick list of what pet-only self-skill chains can be performed. This was everything I could find. For regular use, the lizard pet is the big winner as it can make an L2 chain and burst on itself with just three charges, multistep, and the lizard pet is Warrior class also - making use of Fencer traits. Other pets have situational uses, like Tulfaire under Unleash.

Rabbit
foot kick -> whirl claws = impaction

Lizard
brain crush -> tail blow = fusion (fireball will burst)
blockhead -> tail blow = impaction (fusion is L2 and therefore better unless this is part of a multistep)
tail blow -> brain crush = liquification (fusion is L2 and therefore better unless this is part of a multistep, fireball will burst)
multistep: blockhead -> tail blow -> brain crush -> tail blow (fireball will burst, if you can time it to have charges)

Grasshopper
sensilla blades -> tegmina buffet = detonation
tegmina buffet -> sensilla blades = scission
multistep: sensilla blades -> tegmina buffet -> sensilla blades

Sheep
sheep charge -> lamp chop = impaction

Tulfair (under the effects of Unleash only)
pentapeck -> pentapeck = light (molting plumage will burst)
pentapeck -> swooping frenzy = fusion (light is L3 and therefore better, molting plumage will burst)

Diremite
double claw -> spinning top = fusion
grapple -> spinning top = impaction (fusion is L2 and therefore better)
spinning top -> double claw = liquification (fusion is L2 and therefore better)
multistep: grapple -> spinning top -> double claw -> spinning top

Raptor (under the effects of Unleash only)
chomp rush -> chomp rush = darkness

Apkallu
beak lunge -> wing slap = liquification
wing slap -> beak lunge = scission
multistep: beak lunge -> wing slap -> beak lunge

Mandragora
head butt -> leaf dagger = scission
leaf dagger -> head butt = detonation
wild oats -> leaf dagger = distortion
multistep: alternate head butt and leaf dagger

Cannot self sc
crab, fish, fungar, eft, fly, snapweed, raaz, beetle, tiger, colibri, spider, antlion, ladybug, slug, frog, acuex, mosquito

---

Some options for magic bursting trusts include:
Shantotto (in all her forms, Shantotto 2 being the best)
Any BLM or SCH trusts. I'll be experimenting with this setup:
Tank - Healer - RDM - BLM or SCH - BLM or SCH

---

Edits:
thanks for finding more, Falkirk and Kingofbastok.
found more multisteps
trusts
improved readability

this is a good one
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-01-03 10:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
Phoenix.Trinironnie said: »
Can two bst burn Naphula?

Yup. Pretty straight forward. Stay away from it unless doing pet abilities, avoid getting hit by Cackle, get MDD off if you do get hit. Just use Xerin/Bertha, pop Tegmina if adds pop - it should wipe them out. Ran up real quick after LS Reisen event today to do one. He didn't pop adds this time. With less gear/job points/vorseals Trusts may become necessary.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Amazing <3
[+]
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2016-01-08 12:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/kxWgngUj

Looking for a fix as to why only Nukumi hands +1 equip for ready moves when i have high amounts of TP, using falkirk's latest lua. Had a friend fiddle with it some and he couldnt work it out any help would be appreciated.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-01-08 14:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Alkalinescissor said: »
http://pastebin.com/kxWgngUj

Looking for a fix as to why only Nukumi hands +1 equip for ready moves when i have high amounts of TP, using falkirk's latest lua. Had a friend fiddle with it some and he couldnt work it out any help would be appreciated.

When "pet.tp" exploded after one of the recent FFXI updates, I commented out this part of the pet_midcast. But... I had left the Nukumi Manoplas +1 with the assumption that it was a temporary fix. At this point, you can comment that line out (Line #520), so the section looks like:
Code
    -- If Pet TP, before bonuses, is less than a certain value then equip Nukumi Manoplas +1
    -- if physical_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and state.OffenseMode.value ~= 'HighAcc' then
    --    if tp_based_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and PetJob == 'Warrior' and pet.tp < 190 then
    --      equip(sets.midcast.Pet.TPBonus)
    --    elseif tp_based_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and PetJob ~= 'Warrior' and pet.tp < 240 then
    --      equip(sets.midcast.Pet.TPBonus)
    --    end
    -- end

Anyone know of another way to evaluate Pet TP post-update? If so, we can update our pet_midcast rules. :)
 Bahamut.Thundro
Server: Bahamut
user: Thundro
By Bahamut.Thundro 2016-01-09 03:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently tried Falkirks lua and got it all to work so far but for some reason Merlin/Tassets are not equipping when using a Ready move. Do I have to activate that somehow?

Also how much of a difference do TP Bonus Axes make on WS? I am currently using 2 Skullrender for Physical and Deacon/Nibiru for Magical but the numbers are not awesome.
 Bahamut.Thundro
Server: Bahamut
user: Thundro
By Bahamut.Thundro 2016-01-09 03:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm I found the error, they do not equip when using /bstpet command, when doing it manually they do
 Ragnarok.Nep
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Nep 2016-01-09 11:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any experience as BST attempting to solo (with Trusts) the Geas Fete T1s in Escha-Zi'Tah or Ru'Aun? My regular group has mostly moved on to other things, but there are still some pieces for other jobs I'd like to pick up if I can, but I don't know if it's possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-01-09 14:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Thundro said: »
Also how much of a difference do TP Bonus Axes make on WS? I am currently using 2 Skullrender for Physical and Deacon/Nibiru for Magical but the numbers are not awesome.

The influence of TP Bonus was discussed a bit here and here, but we didn't go into many specifics because the benefits vary based on:

1. Pet's Job (WAR, non-WAR)
2. Pet's current TP
3. The Ready move you're interested in

All pet attacks (with damage that varies based on TP) have the same relationship that basically looks like this:

So let's say you're spamming Razor Fang or Tegmina Buffet under normal conditions (using charges as they become available, minimal melee rounds so TP remains under 1000 for each Ready move).

Using these numbers as a reference, the difference would be (with 20/20 Ready Job Points):

Razor Fang (2100 TP): ~18197 dmg
Razor Fang (2500 TP): ~19306 dmg

Tegmina Buffet (2100 TP): ~29830 dmg
Tegmina Buffet (2500 TP): ~31377 dmg

So with the addition of TP Bonus +400, you've given yourself Ready damage +5% in this circumstance.

For non-WAR pets (Boar, Mandragora, Beetle, etc) the TP Bonus is even more valuable (in the ballpark of at least Ready damage +15%), so getting at least one pair of Skirmish Axes is highly recommended.

Anyway, having said all that, TP Bonus won't make or break your pet's Ready DPS.

Pet Stats in Order of Importance:
(for Physical Ready moves)

1. Pet: Accuracy
2. Pet: Attack
3. Pet: TP Bonus
4. Pet: Double Attack

Assuming your pet's accuracy is already decent, you need to do everything you can to raise your pet's attack or lower the enemy's defense. I'm sure you already know what that entails so I won't bother listing it all out, but that's what it all boils down to for Pet DPS. Make your enemy as defenseless as a Wild Rabbit in East Ronfaure and then throw some Pet: TP Bonus on top to maximize your damage output.

Good luck!
[+]
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-01-17 03:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Back again for some more stupid questions:

I am having a VERY hard time to find ANYONE to do Skirmish with me. I know Yor. Skirmish(Alluvion) needs someone to control the book...so I cant really do that right now...I was told BST might be able to manage in a different skirmish zone for both money and orb stones to get pet augments on Taeon/CB Augments for Acro gear?

Any insight is helpful. I got a pretty decent pet DT set...just kind of sucks not being able to rely on the LS to help me out. So I am stuck having to do this myself.

Any way to get these stones rather than relying on buying them from AH would be absolutely fantastic. Thank you. u.u

EDIT: In regards to a post being mentioned above: Using 2 Skullrenders for Physical RDY: I use Dual Skull Renders atm till I have those, but Gearswap won't equip both at once during the gearswap process. It'll equip one, then equip the other after the next action.(Its my "Idle" Set that I can swap though for my pet TP set in-between RDY Moves.) So it'll equip my Pet RDY move gear accordingly, use the pet RDY, then equip back to my idle set(which has 2 skillrenders). But it retains the last axe used during the pet ready till I do another action suck as Fight, Heel, reward, etc.

Mainly have this issue when I am using different axes for magical RDY moves. Since both axes change, or when I change to my DT gear, which have 2 other axes. Its only when I swap to my pet TP gear, that this occurs.

Any way around this?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-17 04:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

KnifeKatRengar said: »
I am having a VERY hard time to find ANYONE to do Skirmish with me.
=( Sorry to hear. You gotta start somewhere; we regularly help returning players in our LS with Skirmish[A]. (If you ever consider jumping~!)

Any way to get these stones rather than relying on buying them from AH would be absolutely fantastic. Thank you. u.u
Unfortunately you either farm them or you buy them. Other ways include login points, or getting lucky from the daily gobbie box, etc. Some people in in the same boat as you like to do the more solo-friendly zones like Rala[A] or Cirdas[A], sort out what they do/don't need, and sell off the rest. You probably already do this though.

Gearswap won't equip both at once during the gearswap process....Any way around this?
I suggest getting a Kerehcatl or something so that you don't have to deal with trying to swap into/out of two identical weapons.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-17 07:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like there's an error somewhere in your gearswap scripts.
But there's a really simple way around (that is instead of finding and fixing the issue), just use the in-game equipsets for your double-skullrender idle.
(I think the issue is that your script is having a hard time differentiating between the two skullrenders, but the in-game equipsets don't have that issue, which would make them a very simple solution to your issue.)
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-01-17 09:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
I am having a VERY hard time to find ANYONE to do Skirmish with me.
=( Sorry to hear. You gotta start somewhere; we regularly help returning players in our LS with Skirmish[A]. (If you ever consider jumping~!)
I most likely would never consider jumping. While I am not happy with the server I am on too much, I do realize it wouldn't be uch different anywhere else. Not to mention I don't have the funds to jump to another server just at a possible chance to get help with things I need. :(

Unfortunately you either farm them or you buy them. Other ways include login points, or getting lucky from the daily gobbie box, etc. Some people in in the same boat as you like to do the more solo-friendly zones like Rala[A] or Cirdas[A], sort out what they do/don't need, and sell off the rest. You probably already do this though.

I actually do not do Cirdas etc seperately. Running into Behemoth makes me sad when it takes too long to kill him as he levels up so much...and the Bee Just murders me. I even did Cirdas with 3 people...and came out with less than I spent going into the run using a 5-5-5 pop. :/ ...Kinda deterred me from doing that.

Gearswap won't equip both at once during the gearswap process....Any way around this?
I suggest getting a Kerehcatl or something so that you don't have to deal with trying to swap into/out of two identical weapons.
I use that right now since I do not have other Axes to replace right now. Currently I use Kuma and Kere during my Pet Ready. I should of rephrased what I used.

I have the 2 Skull Renders as my Idle Set, so after a PET:RDY move, it would equip my "Idle" gear, which subquently is my Pet:TP Equipment. Which has 2 SkullRenders as part of the TP/Haste set, so it knocks off 16% Haste just in 2 weapons right there. On top of using DT-4%, and Acc+25 and DA+5% on each the pieces, it gives me the cap haste on pet, 35-40% DA, and a good 20% DT. This is considering my pet is not tanking. But I would like it to do damage when I am being skeptical of walking in for fear of an AOE killing me. So if I am unable to use a PET:RDY move, I'd like my pet to be able to absorb some type of damage, without completely knocking its DPS off by using full DT Equipment.

Its that happy medium between DT Gear and Acc/Haste/DA so it can still do some white damage when I am unable to issue it commands.

Its just when I use the PET:RDY, it will equip both the Kuma and Kere, then when it goes back to my Idle set, it will equip a skullrender in the mainhand, but then it will keep the Kere in the offhand until I issue another command such as a Reward/Attack/Heel/Stay etc. Then it'll equip the second skullrender. I have just been issuing Fight to make it equip the second skullrender. Its just inconvenient, is all.

FaeQueenCory said: »
It sounds like there's an error somewhere in your gearswap scripts.
But there's a really simple way around (that is instead of finding and fixing the issue), just use the in-game equipsets for your double-skullrender idle.
(I think the issue is that your script is having a hard time differentiating between the two skullrenders, but the in-game equipsets don't have that issue, which would make them a very simple solution to your issue.)

Unsure if what I mentioned above would help you in determining what is wrong. I mentioned it above that quote. I even thought as to go as far as throwing out my second Skullrender, farming a second one, and augmenting it to the 19acc 19 attack mark, which would most likely be able to differentiate the difference between the Skullrenders - thus making GS Equip them both without an issue. But, then I would look gimp. So I am not fond of that idea.

^I bolded my Replies to each the things above. Hopefully it helps u.u

EDIT: Looking for a more updated Avatar Prime Solo Guide, as positioning it before was when the RDY Range wasn't 5 Yalms. Never in range of pet anymore. I also noticed the videos on Youtube was before the PET:RDY-10 videos became a shot distance adjustment.

~Added this side-by-Side Comparison of Lunastrio and Acro Armor for Ruinator as well. For General-Purose only.

Lunastro Head: 47+STR Double Attack+3% Attack+20
Valorous Head: 43+STR (+15 STR Augment, 30 Attack(or)+5% WS Damage Augment)-Possibly Better with 15 STR, 30 Attack, & +5% WS Damage? How likely is that though?
Otomi Helm: 35+STR(Augment), Attack+20. - Inferior.

Lunastio Harness: 49+STR, Attack+20, DA+3%, Acc+40
Valor Body: 44+STR(+15 STR Augment, +30 Attack Augment) +20 Acc, DA+2%
Acro Surcoat: -Inferior

Valor Body could possibly be better, if you're able to obtain perfect augments?

Lunastrio Mittens: 30+STR(With 8 STR Augment), Attack+20, DA+3%
Valorous Mitts: +28 STR(+15 STR Augment, 5% WS Damage, 30 Attack Augment):

V.Mitts Superior if you can obtain 15 STR and 5% WS Damage and/or 30 Attack? Or can it be superior with just one or the other?

Lustratio Subligar: - Offers no STR and only 38 Attack to the WS. Inferior.
Valorous Hose: +54 STR(with 15 STR Augment, 30 Attack), DA+3%, Attack+15. - Superior(Without 5% WS Damage Augment).

Feet: Lunastrio. Just simple side-by side comparison was an easy answer.

Yes, I checked the stats and this is all based off not knowing the augments for the Argosy Attire Set.
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-23 03:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to get DEX+15 Acc+30 on Digirbalag? Highest I ever saw as Att+25 and Acc+20. It seems a lot harder to get max acc on Digirbalag than Valorous gear.

Also, why does the Magic Ready moves equipset on OP suggest using Kumbhakarna Axe with TP Bonus instead of Digirbalag with Pet MAB?
 Siren.Distrusive
Server: Siren
By Siren.Distrusive 2016-01-23 04:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
Is it possible to get DEX+15 Acc+30 on Digirbalag? Highest I ever saw as Att+25 and Acc+20. It seems a lot harder to get max acc on Digirbalag than Valorous gear.

Also, why does the Magic Ready moves equipset on OP suggest using Kumbhakarna Axe with TP Bonus instead of Digirbalag with Pet MAB?

The Kumbhakarna can get both Pet MAB and the Pet TP Bonus. Generally speaking, the TP Bonus will be much more effective than any Pet Att or Pet MAB.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-01-23 07:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It does tend to favor Pet:Att as you observed.

Info is lacking regarding max augments, and from personal testimony Pet:DEX+10 Acc+25 might be as high as you can get (with Pellucid Stones).

Some random augment screenshots I had:

If anyone finds a stat beyond the typical ranges, would love to hear about it.

Digirbalag can't get Pet:MAB or Pet:M.Acc augments (outside of potential Dark Matter usage).
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-01-25 19:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How are people using their Digirbalags?

The masses of accuracy is nice and all, but I've struggled to find a situation where its actually that helpful.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-01-29 06:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

@Falkirk

Is there an accurate estimate for what Empy Reforged Head+1 does for pet? I was under the impression before reforged, it was 100 attack or something? You able to confirm its actual benefit upon pets vs the weaker counterpart?
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-29 07:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Rengar. That most definitely sounds like your gearswap is having an issue with differentiating between the skullrenders.
So easy solution: use a vanilla equipset with the skullrenders in it for your idle. (Doesn't have to be the whole thing, can just be the axes.)

If you were to use two skirmish axes with EXACTLY the same augs, pretty sure you'd have the same issue.
So just use the vanilla equipset for them and you'll be golden.
By Clement 2016-02-02 20:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, newbie BST questions here. Thank for the comprehensive guide. I am trying to learn the class while collecting items, doing trials for pdt axe, and reach the 100 jp gift.

I am building some basic item sets at the moment. Does it matter if you use either Acro or Taeon for ready atk/acc sets? They seem to offer the same augments.

If I have a Despair R15 Path C helm, should I still get the Moogle Kupo d'etat helm?

What exactly am I looking for in an idle set? Would a no-pet idle be just -dt% and regen/possible refresh --- while a pet idle would be pet regen and pet dt? By idle, I mean doing absolutely nothing. If I am idle yet pet is engaged, that means pet pdt/mdt, right?

Thanks ^^ Sorry if these seem silly or obvious.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-02 21:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Clement said: »
Does it matter if you use either Acro or Taeon for ready atk/acc sets? They seem to offer the same augments
Nope.

If I have a Despair R15 Path C helm, should I still get the Moogle Kupo d'etat helm?
Yup.

What exactly am I looking for in an idle set? Would a no-pet idle be just -dt% and regen/possible refresh --- while a pet idle would be regen and pet dt? By idle, I mean doing absolutely nothing.
Master [P/M]DT, Regen/fresh, whatever you like, or just sit in Pet DT set stuff.

If I am idle yet pet is engaged, that means pet pdt/mdt, right?
Yup.
By Clement 2016-02-03 03:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Beast-sama!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-02-03 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@Falkirk

Is there an accurate estimate for what Empy Reforged Head+1 does for pet? I was under the impression before reforged, it was 100 attack or something? You able to confirm its actual benefit upon pets vs the weaker counterpart?

When Monster Correlation is favorable:

ferine cabasset +1 - Pet:Accuracy +10, Pet: Attack +10%

ferine cabasset +2 - Pet:Accuracy +20, Pet: Attack +20%

nukumi cabasset - Pet:Accuracy +22, Pet:Attack +22%

nukumi cabasset +1 - Pet:Accuracy +24, Pet:Attack +24%

Ragnarok.Inx said: »

The masses of accuracy is nice and all, but I've struggled to find a situation where its actually that helpful.

I agree that the uses for Digirbalag are few and far between. It probably depends on the content you're doing, and what kinds of buffs/debuffs you've got in your party setup.

With some Pet:Accuracy gear, food, Familiar/Accuracy+ job points, gifts (and the hidden Ready accuracy bonus) you're sitting at... 1350ish pet accuracy? That's pretty adequate for content level 130 (up to level 140 with Drachen + Torpor) without reliance on the Run Wild crutch.

Sometimes in random lowman groups it can be handy to have these axes if an NM levels up once or twice. And then there's Reisenjima T3+ where every ounce of accuracy is critical. But for everything else, it's more than adequate to stick with TP Bonus/Acc+ axes. :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-02-03 17:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Got some -DT on both of my Digir's so I've moved them to my white damage set, which seems like an acceptable space optimization at this point. I do have a decent -dt build all round though so I don't feel that keeping the pet healed has become noticeably more effort.

Generally roll backed by an Idris GEO, so I guess I have it easy but even so I still find that on Reisen T3's its never quite enough to make up the slack should RW fall. I'm thinking specifically about Maju which does require a lot of accuracy in the first place, but its still painful to find that even toting 80+ pet.acc on your weapons isn't enough to compensate.

Still kind of a heartbreak that they elected to skip the tp-bonus augment on Digir's... not entirely unexpected though.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-02-04 14:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
@Falkirk

The original Ferine Cabasset +1/+2 testing was done a few years ago, here. These estimates were all before /checkparam was a thing... but the Monster Correlation bonuses are hidden from /checkparam so it doesn't matter too much.

At first glance the Pet:Attack boost seemed like it was a static +100, until another parse was done here that insinuated a percent-based bonus.

So, when Monster Correlation is favorable:

ferine cabasset +1 - Pet:Accuracy +10, Pet: Attack +10%

ferine cabasset +2 - Pet:Accuracy +20, Pet: Attack +20%

nukumi cabasset - Pet:Accuracy +22, Pet:Attack +22%

nukumi cabasset +1 - Pet:Accuracy +24, Pet:Attack +24%

Ragnarok.Inx said: »

I agree that the uses for Digirbalag are few and far between. It probably depends on the content you're doing, and what kinds of buffs/debuffs you've got in your party setup.

With some Pet:Accuracy gear, food, Familiar/Accuracy+ job points, gifts (and the hidden Ready accuracy bonus) you're sitting at... 1350ish pet accuracy? That's pretty adequate for content level 130 (up to level 140 with Drachen + Torpor) without reliance on the Run Wild crutch.

Sometimes in random lowman groups it can be handy to have these axes if an NM levels up once or twice. And then there's Reisenjima T3+ where every ounce of accuracy is critical. But for everything else, it's more than adequate to stick with TP Bonus/Acc+ axes. :)

Awesome reply. Thanks! Appreciated. ^^
By Clement 2016-02-05 00:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Another silly question, not sure if I should ask here or the GS forum. I am using Falkirk's .lua (the more advanced one), but it doesn't seem to be switching Charmer's Merlin when in PetOnly mode (as /dnc). I'm not at all learned in programming so perhaps I am missing something here. I tried it out on some random mobs and my TP doesn't drop to zero when I use ready when in that mode.

Edit: I figured it out, nevermind. I was using /bstpet syntax and I forgot about the console workaround in Falkirk's lua. Has there been any word from the GS author?
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-02-05 01:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Yeah, Rengar. That most definitely sounds like your gearswap is having an issue with differentiating between the skullrenders.
So easy solution: use a vanilla equipset with the skullrenders in it for your idle. (Doesn't have to be the whole thing, can just be the axes.)

If you were to use two skirmish axes with EXACTLY the same augs, pretty sure you'd have the same issue.
So just use the vanilla equipset for them and you'll be golden.

I was just recently made aware(But they said they don't know how to do it), that I could potentially have one Skullrender in my inventory, then another in Wardrobe. Then in my Gearswap sets that I could determine where to pull the skullrender from.

This is an example but I am sure you know what I mean by it, just by seeing this:

Quote:
sets.Idle['Pet Engaged'] = {
main="Skullrender",
sub={sub={name="Skullrender",bag="wardrobe"}},
ammo="Demonry Core",
head={ name="Taeon Chapeau", augments={'Pet: Attack+11 Pet: Rng.Atk.+11','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+5','Pet: Damage taken -3%',}},
neck="Ferine Necklace",
lear="Handler's Earring",
rear="Handler's Earring +1",
body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+24 Pet: Rng. Acc.+24','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+5','Pet: Damage taken -3%',}},
hands={ name="Taeon Gloves", augments={'Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+5','STR+2 CHR+2',}},
lring="Thurandaut Ring",
rring="Paguroidea Ring",
back={ name="Pastoralist's Mantle", augments={'STR+2 DEX+2','Pet: Accuracy+20 Pet: Rng. Acc.+20','Pet: Damage taken -2%',}},
waist="Hurch'lan Sash",
legs={ name="Taeon Tights", augments={'Pet: Attack+15 Pet: Rng.Atk.+15','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+5',}},
feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+5',}} }

Unsure how to modify it to make it work. Make it pull one from Inventory and one from Wardrobe, since I have one in my Wardrobe now and one in my Inventory.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 176 177 178