2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 18284 18285 18286 ... 18549 18550 18551
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

On the note of gaming, is anyone else getting tired of seeing a good-looking game with a cool theme on Steam/GOG/whatever and going "Yeah, I could get into this!"

...and then in further reading it's primarily intended for multiplayer? So you look at it going, "What beautiful times we could have had together if only you could have devoted yourself to my love alone!"

Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-02 12:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Thank god I didn't transfer my aquarium or its residents
Because Ramy paged...
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Ramy Paged...

[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-02 12:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
On the note of gaming, is anyone else getting tired of seeing a good-looking game with a cool theme on Steam/GOG/whatever and going "Yeah, I could get into this!"

...and then in further reading it's primarily intended for multiplayer? So you look at it going, "What beautiful times we could have had together if only you could have devoted yourself to my love alone!"

so basically you just wanna play with yourself
:v

i hear ya tho, but im kinda at that point that I need a small casual game for solo play, since I just dont have the attention or desire to spend that much on an offline game that much.
honestly speaking, last one I actually enjoyed and finished was the latest Tomb Raider, and I cant remember the (handheld games dont count) last game I actually sat, enjoyed and finished.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-02 12:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But that RiverCity Ransom though...

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I dunno.

Andromeda will hopefully help for a while in the near future. XV seems to have been quite well-received but I don't feel like springing for a PS4. And no matter how I try I just can't get back into Dragon Age: Inquisition. I really enjoyed a good playthrough on it but I can't repeat it the way I could Origins or even 2.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-02 12:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am really hoping Nier or Mass Effect take it home and be amazing and engaging.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-02 12:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot Line Miami is on sale though. Great soundtrack to murder to.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-02 12:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I dunno.

Andromeda will hopefully help for a while in the near future. XV seems to have been quite well-received but I don't feel like springing for a PS4. And no matter how I try I just can't get back into Dragon Age: Inquisition. I really enjoyed a good playthrough on it but I can't repeat it the way I could Origins or even 2.

Andromeda is hit or miss for me but, and I know we're talking about multiplayer not being super desired as a headliner feature of a game which I agree on as multiplayer is way oversaturated these days, ME:A's multiplayer is gonna be really fun to waste time with. I was addicted to ME3's MP for a while.

Have got Zelda in a couple days and Persona 5 in a month as well, dunno how into that sort of thing you are, though.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-02 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chu Chu said: »
It wasn't me >.>

All glory and honor are still yours!

besides if we thank a mod it will break the "thankless job" algorythm and create a inescapable paradox
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-02 12:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually encountering more of hte opposite problem, I want more multiplayer games, and more specifically I want more multiplayer games that can attract and hold the attention of more than just me.

I don't feel like I get to play with my friends enough unless I'm on FFXIV and that's not enough for me. I want to be able to have us all jump to other games when the needs arise and I can only do so much super competitive stuff like Overwatch/LoL before start getting bored or annoyed by it due to how super serious people get.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Yeah. I dunno.

Andromeda is hit or miss for me but, and I know we're talking about multiplayer not being super desired as a headliner feature of a game which I agree on as multiplayer is way oversaturated these days, ME:A's multiplayer is gonna be really fun to waste time with. I was addicted to ME3's MP for a while.

Have got Zelda in a couple days and Persona 5 in a month as well, dunno how into that sort of thing you are, though.

Assuming Zelda's a Switch thing. I've heard great things about it in initial reviews, but I'm not springing for a new system right now.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-03-02 12:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw playing with people! If I wanted to do something with people there are far more fun activities; videogames are supposed to be me-time!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-02 12:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
so basically you just wanna play with yourself
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I'm actually encountering more of hte opposite problem, I want more multiplayer games, and more specifically I want more multiplayer games that can attract and hold the attention of more than just me.

I don't feel like I get to play with my friends enough unless I'm on FFXIV and that's not enough for me. I want to be able to have us all jump to other games when the needs arise and I can only do so much super competitive stuff like Overwatch/LoL before start getting bored or annoyed by it due to how super serious people get.

This is my problem. It's why I had to put FFXI down. I just didn't feel like my return on investment of dedication was high enough, and I realized it was as much a job as a game at that point.

I still miss certain aspects a ton but my life is better without centering it around MP games.

I certainly can feel the other side too, though. I liked ME3 MP until it got to the above point too, though. Like "I just want to *** around for a while, why are you giving me ***for not being amazing in a randomly populated match?"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-02 12:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I dunno.

Assuming Zelda's a Switch thing. I've heard great things about it in initial reviews, but I'm not springing for a new system right now.

Wii U too if you've got that.

Honestly I have really high hopes for Andromeda but I expect to be disappointed. As an enormous fan of the original trilogy and expanded universe, I really don't think they can capture the same magic with a new divergent universe style storyline. That and the modern day Bioware team is really offputting with how hard they try to be socially progressive and forcibly inject their beliefs into their games. Keep the propaganda and lobbying out of my vidya please.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-03-02 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I dunno.

I believe it is being released on Switch and Wii U.

edit: Damn you Prothescar for making me look silly. *shakes fist wildly*
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-02 12:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I want more multiplayer games that can attract and hold the attention of more than just me.

yeah let's jump in the time machine and go play ffxi when it was fun.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't picked up a new system at all since my Wii in 20...09? 08?

I don't even remember.

It's been a while.

Honestly I have really high hopes for Andromeda but I expect to be disappointed. As an enormous fan of the original trilogy and expanded universe, I really don't think they can capture the same magic with a new divergent universe style storyline. That and the modern day Bioware team is really offputting with how hard they try to be socially progressive and forcibly inject their beliefs into their games. Keep the propaganda and lobbying out of my vidya please.

I adore the original trilogy. I always sort of appreciated the social progressivity to a point, but only as long as it doesn't interfere with the games. I mostly thought they did okay with that barring a few awkward moments, and those were more in DA than ME for me. That said, it may also mean the world to some people to feel represented in games. So...eh.

Whatever. I just want some new adventure that doesn't include having to team up with other real people.
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. What's the price point on the Switch going to be? Are they supplying enough or are they doing the idiotic thing they did with the Wii where you have to make lifestyle changes to get your hands on one? Maybe I'll go crazy and get one.

Edit: Nvm, see the posts in RT about this.

Yeah, I'm not *** around going store-to-store trying to reserve or check stock or...whatever.

*** that and *** them for it. Too old to play their stupid headgames.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-03-02 12:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-02 12:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't picked up a new system at all since my Wii in 20...09? 08?

I don't even remember.

It's been a while.

Wii U is probably a solid enough investment if you ever feel the need for a new system. Should be able to find one cheap once the Switch drops.

Quote:
I adore the original trilogy. I always sort of appreciated the social progressivity to a point, but only as long as it doesn't interfere with the games. I mostly thought they did okay with that barring a few awkward moments, and those were more in DA than ME for me. That said, it may also mean the world to some people to feel represented in games. So...eh.

Whatever. I just want some new adventure that doesn't include having to team up with other real people.

My issue isn't with representing different sexualities or ways of thinking, but the way they're going about it. Their character and world design has shifted in order to try to funnel people in to making "progressive choices" and toward "making the characters more realistic" and other such nonsense. Their subliminal tactics bother me greatly and honestly ruin a lot of the aspects of their more recent games for me.

Just glad I play on PC and that there exist modders who are as annoyed by it as I am.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-02 12:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I like online games, I just dont like the people who you have to play them with.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Their character and world design has shifted in order to try to funnel people in to making "progressive choices" and toward "making the characters more realistic" and other such nonsense. Their subliminal tactics bother me greatly and honestly ruin a lot of the aspects of their more recent games for me.

How so, specifically? I feel like I'm getting an idea of what you mean but not sure I guess. I can see the ending of 3 in that light maybe, and maybe some of the Illusive Man interactions but...hrm.

Just glad I play on PC and that there exist modders who are as annoyed by it as I am.

I've found Bioware games to be majorly more annoying to mod than Bethesda. @.@
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-02 12:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Their character and world design has shifted in order to try to funnel people in to making "progressive choices" and toward "making the characters more realistic" and other such nonsense. Their subliminal tactics bother me greatly and honestly ruin a lot of the aspects of their more recent games for me.

How so, specifically? I feel like I'm getting an idea of what you mean but not sure I guess. I can see the ending of 3 in that light maybe, and maybe some of the Illusive Man interactions but...hrm.

Much more apparentl in DA:I. Characters like Sera specifically. Dorian, Crem, and Iron Bull were excellent depictions of characters that fall outside of heterosexual "normality" whereas Sera is extremely forced, poorly written and an overall menace to my enjoyment of the game. Whenever I play through DA:I I specifically ensure that she leaves my team as soon as possible.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-02 12:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
I just dont like the people who you have to play them with

Yeah... we're *** alright....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 12:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah...eh. I found her problematic in many ways in general but never really took it as the devs trying to push an agenda as much as giving you a character who is helping you but might not share your ultimate goals.

Her and Vivienne (the latter of which I personally really kind of hated) both fall into this for me.

Edit: That said, the "No Breeches" thing was *** hilarious when you meet Sera.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-02 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my problem. It's why I had to put FFXI down. I just didn't feel like my return on investment of dedication was high enough, and I realized it was as much a job as a game at that point.

I still miss certain aspects a ton but my life is better without centering it around MP games.

I certainly can feel the other side too, though. I liked ME3 MP until it got to the above point too, though. Like "I just want to *** around for a while, why are you giving me ***for not being amazing in a randomly populated match?"

I think the main reason I yearn for multiplayer is because i grew up doing things like LAN parties or nights where we would hook up a couple xboxes and play halo all night.

As I grew older though it seems like no one wants to on get together and *** around like that anymore, and I really miss the moments that came out of those exchanges. MMOs have been my closest recreation of those kinds of interaction but when you have MMOs like FFXIV after a point you start to expect a certain level of skill from people you play with and when's one or two can't meet that skill level it becomes frustrating fast, for that reason I keep trying to find more mindless or rather more casual friendly games that can be played on a whim by many friends so at once without rage due to skill level or a similar factor coming into the picture. Problem of corse being that it's incredibly hard to organize anything an top of being difficult to actually find games multiple people will enjoy or are able to play.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-02 13:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

After completing Witcher 3 and then wasting tooo much time on The Division I just can't even get motivated to get into a new game... though I'm sort of waiting for RE7 to go sale on Steam as well as convincing the wife Switch will be a solid investment for the boy in 4-5 years (more than likely there will a new console generation at that time though)... have been debating on reinstalling XIV.

I feel like I've gone from being a day 1 purchaser to stay on the path of an aspiring sociopath to just a decomposer that pecks at the carcass of games 3months to 3yrs past their prime.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-02 13:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

After completing Witcher 3

This continues to be a problem for me.

Nothing I start grabs me right these days.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18284 18285 18286 ... 18549 18550 18551