Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 54 55 56
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-04 04:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So after beating the game these are my thoughts (fairly spoiler free but not totally, mostly game stuff)

Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-04 08:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
but I would have liked a lock on that I didn't have to hold
Press R3 while holding the lock on and it will stay unless they jump behind you or something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-04 09:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Press R3 while holding the lock on and it will stay unless they jump behind you or something.

Didn't know that, thanks

Some mobs disappear though, which can be really annoying
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2016-12-04 19:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Broke down and bought it... some of my thoughts,

The good.. beautiful landscapes,music, overall style of world. Better then 13,10,9,8 ... not close to 5,6,7,12 imo though.

Gripes... not being able to pan out camera view, i wish there were more heavily single/double roaming mobs...not spread out large groups. Combat is my biggest complaint, just not a fan. I think they hit their peak with 12...gambits and the battle system from 12 would have put this game over the top for me. Just my opinion..still a decent game though, no regrets buying it.

On that note did you find the world big but empty ?
Pretty much, it takes alot of work just to find wildlife to kill. Im the type that likes to roam around for hours and get nice and op to steam roll ***. Not very easy in 15 :/
[+]
By darty 2016-12-04 20:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Complaints about voice-overs.

Still: Kingslaive - Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman), kicked ***.

That is all.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-04 21:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It took 43 hours to run out of things to do on XV in chapter 3, so now I have to do story :<

Level 53 :o
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-04 21:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you have to hold and constantly change :P
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-12-04 21:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
It took 43 hours to run out of things to do on XV in chapter 3, so now I have to do story :<

Level 53 :o
same lol everything i can do is on other side of that blockade
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-04 21:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Pretty much, it takes alot of work just to find wildlife to kill. Im the type that likes to roam around for hours and get nice and op to steam roll ***. Not very easy in 15 :/

If you do hunts for gil you can just stay in Galdin Quay for the 2x exp bonus

Makes leveling up fairly easy.

Once you beat the game you also have

(obvious spoilers here)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-05 02:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Instead it is a more relaxed but reaction based experience. You hold circle, until you need to readjust lock on (or ignore lock on for certain situations like huge enemies), dodge, or heal.
I dunno. 30hrs of gameplay here, level 32 I think? Chapter 3, I'm going for a hidden tomb after meeting Iris.

So far I'm totally enjoying the game, as my very high level shows I've been exploring a lot and doing practically every sidequest or hunt I could do so far.
And I did this not for completition-ism, but because I am wholeheartedly enjoying it.

This means the Battle System too, I'm enjoying it, but at the same time it kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I compare the potential the game has, and what I get.

It's just very... unprecise.
Despite liking it, here are my observations after 30hrs of gameplay, maybe I'll change my mind further on, who knows:

1) Wait mode is really nice but annoying all those times when it activates and you don't want to. It's also annoying you can't move camera during wait mode (if you use left stick you just cycle through targets, and that doesn't include warp-points)
2) The Target Lock is wonky, doesn't really... lock a lot. A lot of times I pick a target but game decides to deactivate the lock or to swap it to another one for whatever reason. Other times I have a target locked and press warp strike, but Noctis throws the weapon in another direction.
3) The Blindside links are a bit wonky too. They seem to be happening random with no real control over them? You had more control over them in the Duscae Demo version 2.0 (where you had to move to specific positions to activate them)
4) Spells are incredibly powerful. As a matter of fact I've been able to craft spells that are likely much stronger than my level and thanks to that I've been able to kill hunt mobs that I shouldn't be able to kill. But I'm fine with this in the end. I'm just trying to understand what the "right" way to use spells should be, considering the AoE effect they leave on the ground.
5) It looks like an action battle system, but it's actually more strategic/RPG than it may look at first sight. Attacks aren't really real time but scripted actions that activate while you keep Circle pressed, and you can't interrupt them anytime with Square to defend, you need to play carefully (this is a Pro for me, just saying people who were expecting a completely action Battle System might be a bit disappointed. SE went to great lenghts to make you expect that, to be fair)

I dunno, I'm enjoying it, I'm having fun and at the end of the day it's what matters most, but I can't really say I completely feel "behind the wheel" when I'm fighting, and I wish I could.

Another small thing that left me a bit puzzled is the way they handled Chocobos (which I love, btw).
I don't get the necessity for the rental price, considering it's so cheap and that you can rent for so long.
I would get it if it were a situation where early on in the game you can rent "random" Chocobos, and later on you get your own Chocobo Whistle with your own Chocobo to grow up etc.
But here the two things are one and the same, so why the necessity for a rental?
I mean I get they wanted to make you feel it was "optional" and I agree with this (otherwise it would put walking and using the car into shadow as alternate options), but at the same time the rental times are too long and too cheap, they should've put a smaller cap on the max amount of days maybe?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-05 07:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
4) Spells are incredibly powerful. As a matter of fact I've been able to craft spells that are likely much stronger than my level and thanks to that I've been able to kill hunt mobs that I shouldn't be able to kill. But I'm fine with this in the end. I'm just trying to understand what the "right" way to use spells should be, considering the AoE effect they leave on the ground.

I usually group mobs up with Prompto's gravisphere and then lob a magic quickly at the group after to hit as many mobs as I can

The magic doesn't hurt you much at all anyway. The worst thing is probably when you get a powerful blizzaga and you're standing in water and it freezes you and the mob in place for a while
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-05 07:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I love the combat in this game. I'd say it's easy to learn but hard to master. I still enjoy turn based but I'm really enjoying this type. Magic actually feels very powerful and the way it interacts with the world is a great step forward
By eliroo 2016-12-05 07:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I love the combat in this game. I'd say it's easy to learn but hard to master. I still enjoy turn based but I'm really enjoying this type. Magic actually feels very powerful and the way it interacts with the world is a great step forward

I concur, I'm only 10 hours in so I'm not going to read much in case of spoilers but the battling is very fluid. It does take a bit to master but I find it a lot more precise then other systems and it does so without requiring a full lock on.

Some of the fights are a bit annoying though, namely the soldiers with all the pistols but magic seems to do away with them.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-05 08:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still in bloodborne mode so I keep charging into stuff expecting to just stagger it and shank it to death *spoiler* it doesn't work out well.... I've been too lazy to do magic stuff >.>
By eliroo 2016-12-05 08:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still in bloodborne mode so I keep charging into stuff expecting to just stagger it and shank it to death *spoiler* it doesn't work out well.... I've been too lazy to do magic stuff >.>

Yeah the magic is definitely complicated too, which I don't think is a bad thing. Like it seems completely simple on one hand but then you start adding items into the equation and it gets a little complex to the point that I don't really understand.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-05 09:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding items just adds either additional effects or more potency, such as added healing or status effects. As far as I could tell the tier of the spell (-ra -aga) just goes up when you pass certain points in potency. I don't think it seems too complicated personally, I just don't want to have to deal with recharing elements/remixing magic/shifting equiped items around when I need it.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-12-05 09:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I will say that the summons are a win button, so if you are like Kalila and you want a challenge, don't use them in big fights. I just encountered a Red Giant and right away the summon was available (first time that happened) and Ramuh came in and scorched earth him.

I'm not really going to complain about this because A. they look amazing and B. With the exception of the pathetic Eidolons in FF12 the summons are always a win button, just normally not an insta-kill. I mean I don't think I ever had an Aeon die in the regular playthrough (non-arena fights) of FFX especially since they leveled with you.

What level enemies? I had Leviathan come in at the start of a level 78 hunt and it only took off ~40% health.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-05 09:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Red giants are 42 I think? the summon damage definitely scales with your level, or scales with something at least. I had ramuh on a red giant at one point too and it still had 10% left after.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-12-05 09:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense, I was only 51 at the time.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-12-05 09:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding items just adds either additional effects or more potency, such as added healing or status effects. As far as I could tell the tier of the spell (-ra -aga) just goes up when you pass certain points in potency. I don't think it seems too complicated personally, I just don't want to have to deal with recharing elements/remixing magic/shifting equiped items around when I need it.

Tiers are:
Potency 1-99 = NQ
Potency 100-199 = -ra
Potency 200+ = -aga
Heal effects apply to max HP also, just like an elixir.

Shifting/equipping mid battle is a bit of a pain for sure. I'd love if you could equip a second inactive weapon on each slot and switch between them by holding the assigned button or something similar instead of having to menu it every time.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-05 10:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I think my problem is just knowing if the items are rare or needed for some quest. I also don't know if I want to use if now or just horde them until later.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-05 10:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't sell/use anything unless I have a bunch of them... I think the main item eating quests are just cids weapon upgrade ones.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-05 10:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Tiers are:
Potency 1-99 = NQ
Potency 100-199 = -ra
Potency 200+ = -aga
Heal effects apply to max HP also, just like an elixir.
How do the "multi" cast thing works?
I've had tricast, quadcast, quintcast etc, but they all look the same and a single cast of a spell, not multiple.
Am I getting something wrong?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-05 10:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you get extra spells that go off, so you might have a blizzaga and then a firaga and thundaga after, up to 5 times total.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-05 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very handy for high level mobs. I invested in the "extra spell", extra potency, extra magic drained from points

Helps keep a bunch of magic in case I need it
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-05 10:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a gear spoiler
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-05 10:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat the game, Kinda rushed to finish because of i didn't want potential spoilers. But i did the Thing.

Lina Thoughts:
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-05 10:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

About the thing Lina
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph