Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 833 834 835 ... 836 837 838
By Dodik 2024-04-02 18:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Anyone got any secret JP grinding spots that are unexpectedly good or anything?

Apex Bat camp in Inner Raz was my go to - lots of high level but squishy mobs, fast respawns.

Problem is it's a 20min run there if you know the way and hurry through the two colonisation and two lair reives on the way.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-02 18:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Anyone got any secret JP grinding spots that are unexpectedly good or anything?

Apex Bat camp in Inner Raz was my go to - lots of high level but squishy mobs, fast respawns.

Problem is it's a 20min run there if you know the way and hurry through the two colonisation and two lair reives on the way.
What's the path to get to them?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-02 18:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually this map is better; on the way to scale 3, go up instead. Top left red square.

Run all the way down there and find out its taken. And/or get aggro from the Apex Ironclads.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-03 04:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I always liked Dho Gates pugil and frogs.

As they arent aggressive, its kinda lax fighting them anywhere without risking an aggro.

Before that, I like the basic apex eft in Moh
By Dodik 2024-04-03 07:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bat camp is large enough for four parties. Avoid the corners that have ironclads.

Closer camp is crabs/pugs in Dho Gates from Foret #4 entrance. Lower level mobs but easy to get to.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-03 07:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Actually this map is better; on the way to scale 3, go up instead. Top left red square.

Run all the way down there and find out its taken. And/or get aggro from the Apex Ironclads.

That scale 2 path is way too long. Can just make a U turn to get to the E elevator.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-03 07:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it'll save you 60 seconds but the map is pre drawn for the mission, not the camp
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-03 13:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any good guides/maps for taking a quick dip into Sortie for the +3 unlock Bitzer while maybe collecting just a few easy objectives along the way?

I was thinking about doing some shallow runs whenever my Ruspix's Plate is charged. I don't want to sweat over making a super-optimal run out of it, especially since the jobs I need it for aren't yet well-geared. But if it's not out of my way, it wouldn't hurt to not waste the entry either.
By Meeble 2024-04-03 14:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Does anyone have any good guides/maps for taking a quick dip into Sortie for the +3 unlock Bitzer while maybe collecting just a few easy objectives along the way?

I was thinking about doing some shallow runs whenever my Ruspix's Plate is charged. I don't want to sweat over making a super-optimal run out of it, especially since the jobs I need it for aren't yet well-geared. But if it's not out of my way, it wouldn't hurt to not waste the entry either.

You're not going to get much in the way of muffins, but:

Enter, warp to B or C, go downstairs to F(lockstyle) or G(stare), find the bitzer, then go back up and kill all four roaming NM's for the gold box. Can end by entering H, exiting, and re-entering for one last objective before warping out.

Should net about 3.1k muffins as long as you can kill the ghost in time, and gets your unlock out of the way first thing so if you die, nbd. You can add more upstairs objectives if you pass near them, but most are just 100 muffins with no shot at a case or sapphire so probably not worth the time.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-03 15:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm misunderstand your question, since you specified "+3 unlock", once you have the relevant ABCD Sheet, you can enter the basement area of that sector at any time on any job. The sheet doesnt need to be re-farmed.

As far as easy goals, and I'm presuming you're alluding to ones that you can get case/saph/star:
Casket #A1 - Vanquish 5 Abject foes.
Casket #A2 - /heal in the area between Gate #A1 and the Abject Leeches.
Coffer #A - Vanquish Abject Obdella.
Casket #B2 - Open any Locked Gate #B.(J-8), (K-8), (M-8)
Coffer #C - Vanquish Cachaemic Bhoot within 5 min of spawn (depends on luck and your kill speed)
Casket #F1 - Interact with the Diaphanous Bitzer while visibly wearing or lockstyling 5/5 pieces of Empyrean Armor of any upgrade level (including the base piece) for your current job.
Casket #G1 - Stand still within 6 yalms of the Diaphanous Bitzer while continuously targeting it for 30 seconds.
Casket #H1 - Leave and re-enter Sector H.
If you have the means to safely tackle D fomor with your job and trusts, D1/2/Coffer should be doable. I'd save these goals for last though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-03 15:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Unless I'm misunderstand your question, since you specified "+3 unlock", once you have the relevant ABCD Sheet, you can enter the basement area of that sector at any time on any job. The sheet doesnt need to be re-farmed.
Yeah and I do have the sheets. I don't need to squeeze every Gallimaufry I can out of it because even at my most optimal it won't be even close to as much as I'd get by going with my usual group. But if I'm going to use up a plate and spend the time gearing up and going in there anyway, I might as well not miss a bunch of free stuff along the way.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-04-04 18:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

what happened to the storage slips?

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-04 18:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Broken. Will not be fixed until may. (they still work, you just can't identify them)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57561/storage-slip-dat-mod/#3698883
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-04-04 18:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ty. I dont get on much right now, so its mainly to cashin log in points. So that caught me by surprise today. I was worried i lost everything on them. But tested it and it said i still had my stuff. Woulda sucked other wise'
Just seemed such a random 'glitch' to happen, so figured id ask.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-04 18:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, they broke them right before vanabout last time too.

Coincidence...?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-04 18:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You know, they broke them right before vanabout last time too.

Coincidence...?
O_O

CONSPIRACY! Wait.. what happened in Vanabout? IDR
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-04 18:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just whatever they added in prep for the event broke the slips the month prior.

This is twice in a row

November broke, December event
April broke, May event
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-04 23:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

technically you can identify them because the sort in your inventory properly, so as long as you can count backwards from 30 or whatever highest slip number you have you can manually do it... :P
By Seun 2024-04-05 00:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
technically you can identify them because the sort in your inventory properly, so as long as you can count backwards from 30 or whatever highest slip number you have you can manually do it... :P

Problem here is that most of us I assume are missing the slips we don't need so there are gaps. Still works, but you have to adjust you count for the slips you don't own.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-05 00:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even imagine using slips regularly without porterpacker. PP also doesn't give a ***about slip names.
[+]
By warmech 2024-04-05 02:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wheres georgio and his hair saying, "slips"
By Seun 2024-04-05 03:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Troof.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-05 04:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that annoys me is these slips are not broken or bugged, the division has translation teams and they obviously just have XI on very low priority. So it was either delay the patch for weeks/month for them to translate that line or push it anyway.

They pushed this update with . as the designated entry. If it was bugged you would have broken text, so it's not bugged at all. The translators just didn't do their thing.

Under normal circumstances they could just copy and paste what they know should be there but I guess they have rules, regulations and red tape, so the actual translation team has to do it.

So we gotta wait till they have 10 mins to do it and push the changes, it's prob some dude in the NA dept.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-05 06:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
They pushed this update with . as the designated entry. If it was bugged you would have broken text, so it's not bugged at all. The translators just didn't do their thing.

I don't think this is true. I think someone copied the wrong files around and the broken copy from november ended up back in the client. Wouldn't really be surprised if they were working without proper version control, given how old the staff and project are. The file wasn't edited at all from the last broken one.

We have to wait because they aren't even going to look at the game until 2 days before next update.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-05 06:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
We have to wait because they aren't even going to look at the game until 2 days before next update.
Theres gonna be maint in 4-5 days for the login campaign.

Atleast there should be, unless they've figured out how to cycle items out without taking all the servers down. Of course, that doesnt mean they'll fix the issue, it might not be in the budget.
[+]
 Odin.Boogs
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-04-07 00:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For idle sets for various jobs, where you don't really need anything specific in them like -dt, what are ppl wearing?

I usually have some with magic evasion on them, but I'm wondering about switching it up to some MDB.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
By Nariont 2024-04-07 08:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Typically its nyame/malig with either a carrier's sash, or engraved belt if it a job that can equip it and a PDT cape, fill rest of slots with DT or meva if capped, 1 ring for shneddick

I have sets specific for meva/mdt, which is usually more emp+2/3 and non-nyame ody sets but the above is usually enough for just basic running around and not getting dropped
[+]
By Seun 2024-04-07 13:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Boogs said: »
I usually have some with magic evasion on them, but I'm wondering about switching it up to some MDB.

Besides the Malignance and Odyssey armor mentioned, the empyrean armor is solid DEF/MDB for a lot of jobs. Once you've got all the gear, it's easy to cap -DT on most jobs. Warders Charm +1 for resistances and absorb is a valid option. You can also use specific resist if you're facing something with annoying debuffs. There's a ton of flexibility with how strong the armor is.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-07 13:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I can't even imagine using slips regularly without porterpacker. PP also doesn't give a ***about slip names.
I can't even imagine using slips. I never have.
By buttplug 2024-04-07 15:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 395336
Toutatis's Cape
STR +30 Accuracy +20 Attack +20 Dual Wield +10 Regen +5
First Page 2 3 ... 833 834 835 ... 836 837 838