The Free Korpg Thread.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » The Free Korpg Thread.
The Free Korpg Thread.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-03-01 17:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Meh.

In that SS, all I see is Korpg continuing to whine as if no time passed between his bannings and the present. Does he still think his 'unpopularity' directly led to his bans? I don't see any evidence of personal growth or maturity. Hell, I don't see any evidence of basic rational thought.

Sorry, I'd like to keep this kid banned. Despite what he says, he clearly hasn't grown up at all. He still reeks of persecution complex. He still sounds as if he's itching to start fights. Astoundingly, he still has no *** clue why he was banned in the first place.

Good riddance to bad trash.
you are no better if you are full of yourself enough to call people trash.

The Phrase Finder: "Good riddance to ..."
I know what Good riddance means already.
I was commenting on the bolded, do you get what I mean?
Regardless if you say good riddance or not you are calling him bad trash which makes you no better.

You might want to reread that link I posted.

By the way, rubbish and trash are synonyms.
So because the dictionary says it's okay, people use it before that validates it?
Whaaa?
Regardless.
You referred to him as bad trash, regardless if you were using a coined phrase or not it doesn't make you any better for it.

I didn't read down because I already knew what Good Riddance meant.
I didn't read the often used as portion though.
But I guess it was okay to refer to people in such a way in 1805.

I cannot *** believe we've come to the point where I need to link a Wikipedia article on Waste, but here we are.

"Waste (also known as rubbish, trash, refuse, garbage, junk) is unwanted or useless materials. Litter is waste which has been disposed of improperly." It's common for English words to have multiple definitions and synonyms. In our case, "trash" means "unwanted material." Shall I provide a link to a definition of "material?"

"Good riddance to bad rubbish" is a phrase that's been used in English since the 16th Century. From the first provided link, we know that "good riddance" is "an expression of pleasure on being rid of some annoyance - usually an individual." The most traditional phrasing of the phrase is "good riddance to bad rubbish," but since I'm American, I substituted "trash" for "rubbish" as "trash" is more commonly used in American English.

"Good riddance to bad trash" is a common expression that expresses satisfaction in being rid of an annoyance.

I'm glad this forum is rid of Korpg. No, he does not need to come back. And no, few people here even approach the Korpg's level of ridiculousness.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2011-03-01 17:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have to go to work bur thxs for keeping me entertained. Btw let whats his face be unbaned he was pretty entertaing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-03-01 17:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Eeky, if I met you at X building one day and told a mutual friend that "good riddance to bad trash" whilst you were walking out in earshot, would you get offended by it?

No, but then again, I have a solid grasp of the English language.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-01 17:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, I understand that it can look like a double-standard, but we tend to let people dig their own graves, here.

In some cases, we have a private dialogue for weeks or months with the person in question before taking action. In Korpg's case in particular, it went on for over a year.

Yes, this often makes it look like we banned Person A but have done "nothing" about Person B, but that's the entire point. We feel that's the most respectful way to moderate, rather than resorting to the Drama Asplosion alternative of conducting some kind of public tribunal, complete with a good ol' fashioned hanging at the end of it.

Then again, if you go after the mods in public? You forfeit your right to be treated with a modicum of respect or restraint, and we'll punt your *** faster than you can blink.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-03-01 17:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Meh.

In that SS, all I see is Korpg continuing to whine as if no time passed between his bannings and the present. Does he still think his 'unpopularity' directly led to his bans? I don't see any evidence of personal growth or maturity. Hell, I don't see any evidence of basic rational thought.

Sorry, I'd like to keep this kid banned. Despite what he says, he clearly hasn't grown up at all. He still reeks of persecution complex. He still sounds as if he's itching to start fights. Astoundingly, he still has no *** clue why he was banned in the first place.

Good riddance to bad trash.
you are no better if you are full of yourself enough to call people trash.

The Phrase Finder: "Good riddance to ..."
I know what Good riddance means already.
I was commenting on the bolded, do you get what I mean?
Regardless if you say good riddance or not you are calling him bad trash which makes you no better.

You might want to reread that link I posted.

By the way, rubbish and trash are synonyms.
So because the dictionary says it's okay, people use it before that validates it?
Whaaa?
Regardless.
You referred to him as bad trash, regardless if you were using a coined phrase or not it doesn't make you any better for it.

I didn't read down because I already knew what Good Riddance meant.
I didn't read the often used as portion though.
But I guess it was okay to refer to people in such a way in 1805.

I cannot *** believe we've come to the point where I need to link a Wikipedia article on Waste, but here we are.

"Waste (also known as rubbish, trash, refuse, garbage, junk) is unwanted or useless materials. Litter is waste which has been disposed of improperly." It's common for English words to have multiple definitions and synonyms. In our case, "trash" means "unwanted material." Shall I provide a link to a definition of "material?"

"Good riddance to bad rubbish" is a phrase that's been used in English since the 16th Century. From the first provided link, we know that "good riddance" is "an expression of pleasure on being rid of some annoyance - usually an individual." The most traditional phrasing of the phrase is "good riddance to bad rubbish," but since I'm American, I substituted "trash" for "rubbish" as "trash" is more commonly used in American English.

"Good riddance to bad trash" is a common expression that expresses satisfaction in being rid of an annoyance.

I'm glad this forum is rid of Korpg. No, he does not need to come back. And no, few people here even approach the Korpg's level of ridiculousness.

Shut up and just answer Vinvv's original statement please. We do not need to hear you talk about the meaning of a phrase we have all most likely heard more than once.

It's not my fault that Vin doesn't have a solid grasp of the English language.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-01 17:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Reposting and locking, because this is going nowhere fast:

--------------------------

Guys, I understand that it can look like a double-standard, but we tend to let people dig their own graves, here.

In some cases, we have a private dialogue for weeks or months with the person in question before taking action. In Korpg's case in particular, it went on for over a year.

Yes, this often makes it look like we banned Person A but have done "nothing" about Person B, but that's the entire point. We feel that's the most respectful way to moderate, rather than resorting to the Drama Asplosion alternative of conducting some kind of public tribunal, complete with a good ol' fashioned hanging at the end of it.

Then again, if you go after the mods in public? You forfeit your right to be treated with a modicum of respect or restraint, and we'll punt your *** faster than you can blink.
[+]