Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22567 22568 22569 ... 22574 22575 22576
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 22:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a nasty build! I looked at this Hero board but just couldn't justify the cost knowing what I was going to dump into the GPU.

Damn, 4 M.2s! I thought I read somewhere that consuming all the PCI slots resulted in lane sharing and a performance bottleneck, but idr. I'm sure it's inconsequential unless you're trying to win benchmark scores :P
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 22:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
is a moron

I agree but lots of people like him/the brand. That whole Linus apology video ***last year was cringe.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-16 22:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Mine.

[Samsung Odyssey G9 G93SC 49.0" 5120 x 1440 240 Hz Curved Monitor]

Is it worth the price tag?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 22:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1000% yes. I can never do IPS again. OLED is just so much better, and the extra screen real estate has been amazing for most games. If you don't want something that big look into the 34 or 38 inch OLEDs from msi/LG.

Motherboard investment was just cause I chose to stick with AMD. They're still making new AM4 chips to this day, so this AM5 board should last 3-4 gens at least. The Hero is overengineered to the point that I doubt I'll ever have to worry about feature creep til AM6.

For this board/socket, there's enough lanes to support every slot + PCIEx16 @ PCIE4 speeds. If I wanted to upgrade GPU or one of the drives to PCIE5 I'd have to cut one of the bottom slot m.2s to PCIE3. 5090 might need that but we'll see. If I can get one launch day I'd be surprised since the AI boom is gonna make it just as hard as during the mining boom.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-04-17 12:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

All that and still can't run Crysis

I kid. It's just been forever since I've seen/heard that busted out
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-17 13:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
All that and still can't run Crysis

I kid. It's just been forever since I've seen/heard that busted out
I'm always joking whenever I see a computer chug while trying to do simple, everyday things. Especially on my remote PC, I'll go to maybe right-click to create a new folder, and it'll freeze for like 30 seconds just trying to open the drop-down list. I'll say under my breath "Jeez, it's not like I'm asking you to run Crysis or something!"
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-17 16:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No english team in the europe best 4 (soccer/football)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-18 01:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Went around and pimp smacked the level 135 UNMs. Guess I have Tumult Curator access now.

*shakes fist at Shedu* I always forget Fulmination has Terror and got killed once by this one, ugh.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-18 06:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Its raining
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-18 09:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Its raining
Is it pouring? What of the old man?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-18 09:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Its raining
Is it pouring? What of the old man?
I'm snoring... wait I mean HE is snoring. Yeah that's it.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-18 15:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-04-18 17:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Been working on my SAM, and it occurred to me.

That "3 hit Zanshin build" guy everyone laughed at.

Was completely ahead of his time.

Zanhasso is the ***.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-18 18:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading comments about Eve opening a chest made me realize how impressive she is.

She can open the chest without using her arms strength, only the lower body pull
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-18 19:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You said Eve and chest and I got distracted.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-18 19:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-19 06:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 4600 more JP to go for Oboro's wild ride. Well around that when I finished my JP for the week. I still need to get like 167 JP. But I'll still be on track for 15 week finish even if I don't cause of the 500 JP leeway in that regard. Which I have a 402 JP leeway remaining.

It's so dumb that this grind only unlocks one category though. I feel like if you were in a competent Dyna D LS, you could get every category unlocked in like 2 weeks.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 08:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
It's so dumb that this grind only unlocks one category though. I feel like if you were in a competent Dyna D LS, you could get every category unlocked in like 2 weeks.
I think you can only fill half a mask per run, so you'd need at least a full week (2 runs) to do it that way. I haven't beaten a W3 Mega Boss yet myself, but I'm also not clamouring to unlock the ability to spend ~70M gil to max out my Fomalhaut, so I haven't been deliberately grinding Job Points to get it done. I've just been kinda throwing any extra I get at Oboro every week, and looking at it as giving new purpose to the JP I earn from other activities.

If I had to guess, that was probably the original intention. You have all these "Capacity Point Bonus" gifts that are sitting there taunting you after you don't even need them anymore. Same with Merit Points converting to Potpourri. At least it's better than them fizzling into nothing.
By Dodik 2024-04-19 08:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can only fill half a mask per run

Without killing it, yes. A W3 boss kill will unlock that category without filling mask.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-19 08:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 4600 more JP to go for Oboro's wild ride. Well around that when I finished my JP for the week. I still need to get like 167 JP. But I'll still be on track for 15 week finish even if I don't cause of the 500 JP leeway in that regard. Which I have a 402 JP leeway remaining.

The point is it's for the people who can't. It is never bad to have alternate paths. It's one of the few times they did something the right way instead of forcing you to spend money as the workaround.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 08:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Without killing it, yes. A W3 boss kill will unlock that category without filling mask.
Oh OK. I see it now. As always, the BG-Wiki article is written in a very confusing way.

Quote:
(...)a boss must be fought a minimum of two times in order to obtain your Mask of Light key item. You do not have to defeat the boss, so any progress made on damaging it will count towards your total.

I know it also says elsewhere that you can simply defeat the boss, but the way that paragraph is written is the part that remained in my brain. This happens to me a lot. And that's why I usually preface stuff I get from BGW with disclaimers such as "I think" XD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 09:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

...And I would edit it myself, but I don't even know how to do that on that site. I click "Edit" at the top and it only has chunks. If I click "Edit" on the specific section I want to edit, I only get this:

Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-19 09:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It was probably written way back when killing the Disjoined boss was a pipe dream achievable by the 1% elite groups and no ones edited that line accordingly since.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-19 10:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So my fiancée has had two job interviews for positions at chemical plants. One in a lovely rural area up in the foothills, and another on the south side of Atlanta.

I went with her to the one in the lovely rural area (Ft. Oglethorpe basically).

After that I was hoping she'd get that one, but of course, the smelly one near Atlanta got back to her rapid fire.

They called her up this morning and were like, "Hey we want you, and we want you to start next Wednesday!" She was just waking up when she got the call and got excited and agreed immediately before even telling me about it.

Now I've had to remind her that we need time to find a place to move to, so that neither of us have to do a 2 hour commute. And that's the tip of the iceberg. We've gotta go ahead and get a marriage license, so that her folks don't flip out when we move into together and disown her (or whatever they'd do, they're very traditional). I've gotta figure how best to handle my own job situation with the move. It all takes time. The smelly Atlanta place said the position starts on May 22nd, but they're eager beaver to have her, I guess.

So things are about to get awkward. I was able to get my fiancée to understand pretty quickly that she made a mistake by immediately agreeing to start in 5 days time. So she's gonna get back in touch with them to let them know, but I feel like there's some tension because I'm preventing her from getting her first job in her field right away. I feel like she's gonna be super upset if they tell her they're going with someone else who will start sooner.

But idk, I just want the move to go well, because it has to go well. Like if we just drop everything and immediately move into the first crappy place we can get, I could go jobless or go insane with a 2 hour commute indefinitely. Either way is bad.

If she could get the one near Oglethorpe we wouldn't even have to move right away, and that interview was just yesterday, and while I don't want her to sit on her hands waiting for a call that might never come, that place gave a way better impression than the smelly one.

I feel a bit of trepidation, because I know she's a hard worker, but she also doesn't do well with stressful personal interactions and such, and certain demands. I'm not sure about her holding down the job, whichever place she goes to, mainly because in the past she's only ever worked part time. I'd really hate to put everything on hold or quit my job to move, and then we get to a point where neither of us are working, and we're both just job hunting or some ***.

Why does life gotta be complicated?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2024-04-19 11:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can only fill half a mask per run, so you'd need at least a full week (2 runs) to do it that way. I haven't beaten a W3 Mega Boss yet myself, but I'm also not clamouring to unlock the ability to spend ~70M gil to max out my Fomalhaut, so I haven't been deliberately grinding Job Points to get it done. I've just been kinda throwing any extra I get at Oboro every week, and looking at it as giving new purpose to the JP I earn from other activities.

If I had to guess, that was probably the original intention. You have all these "Capacity Point Bonus" gifts that are sitting there taunting you after you don't even need them anymore. Same with Merit Points converting to Potpourri. At least it's better than them fizzling into nothing.

I'd max out DP or Arma way before fomal, but that's me.

Jeuno is a weird zone too. If your group isn't good enough to clear the circles and the w3 boss, you could have somebody pull the mobs then zombie reraise, works much better in the other 3 zones though, Jeuno things are so close together hate gets weird.

Personally I'd recommend spending the time gettin' good over that method.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-19 11:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'd max out DP or Arma way before fomal, but that's me.
I mean I would too, if I had one or both of those. Armageddon is never happening, and Death Penalty is a long, looooong way off.

Fomalhaut is the only RMEA I have to date, and the next item on my list at all is a Tizona. But considering the banana-sword is still probably a year (or more) out for me as well, I might as well dump my job points towards "Familiar weapons". Even if I don't RP the Fomalhaut, at least I'll be in a position to upgrade something else down the line.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-19 11:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Armageddon is never happening
Armageddon so easy to make. Could make 3 before finished DP.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-19 11:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ft. Oglethorpe
God's country
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-19 11:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Brother, wait until you download the Ex-Wife and Kids expansion packs.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-19 11:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

Brother, wait until you download the Ex-Wife and Kids expansion packs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22567 22568 22569 ... 22574 22575 22576