Quit like a Cat
First Page 2 3 4
 Ragnarok.Azura
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 01:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yea so i wanted to put SNL: Lonely Island - Threw it on the Ground (Video) on here but i couldn't get it to work. so meh

go here if you don't know of it already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3qQt8q62lw

Goodbye Vana'diel! <3 \_/ ^_^ \_/ <3
[+]
 Asura.Blkninja
Server: Asura
user: Blkninja
By Asura.Blkninja 2010-04-30 01:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I could care less.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-30 01:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well obviously you could care enough to post.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-30 01:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Never understood the point in these types of posts.. Always comes off as saying 'I'm an ***, look at all the stuff I have that people bust their *** for, and check it out, I'm throwing it all away and SS'ing just to show everyone'
[+]
 Asura.Blkninja
By Asura.Blkninja 2010-04-30 01:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

OKay... ill be honest. It broke my heart when I saw him/her throw away that monkey wine =(
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-30 01:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be back... Oh yes. You'll be back.

/evil laugh
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 01:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

it's a joke. . . .
i did bust my *** for all of it i'm just not interested in playing anymore, so what do you want me to do with it? I can't give any of it to anyone.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-30 01:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Never understood the point in these types of posts.. Always comes off as saying 'I'm an ***, look at all the stuff I have that people bust their *** for, and check it out, I'm throwing it all away and SS'ing just to show everyone'
QFT. Grats on quitting, but I feel kinda bad for people who would have actually wanted those items for a while, or could have made good use out of them :x

@ Az: then you coulda done what most other people do when they quit, log off and not make a post that revolves around "Look at meeee!!!"
[+]
 Fenrir.Empedocles
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2010-04-30 01:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it, out of all that gear, the Assassin's Armlets stand out the most for me?
[+]
 Asura.Blkninja
By Asura.Blkninja 2010-04-30 01:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azura said:
it's a joke. . . . i did bust my *** for all of it i'm just not interested in playing anymore, so what do you want me to do with it? I can't give any of it to anyone.

Let it sit there? :P
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 01:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blkninja said:
Ragnarok.Azura said:
it's a joke. . . . i did bust my *** for all of it i'm just not interested in playing anymore, so what do you want me to do with it? I can't give any of it to anyone.

Let it sit there? :P

sure, it's sitting in windy woods if you want to go pick it up, azu is deleted now lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-30 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

***, even King Tut and every other pharaoh went down with their precious belongings and relics with him. Why not at least die with that honor? Seems lame to just toss them like they were meaningless and insignificant.

You got all that nice ***because someone took an equal amount of time and effort to help you get it. IMO this thread is just disrespectful.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-30 01:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

cool if you wanna quit.. shame on you though >.>

sure it was YOUR stuff to do away with, YOUR time invested/work, YOUR monthly ffxi fees.. but thinking of all the people that have ever helped you get any/all that stuff, i say shame on you. such a selfish and distasteful thing to do imo.

"hey, didnt it take us like 20 runs to get those macha slops for you ?"

yeah, horrible way to be remembered >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-30 01:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throwing it all away and deleting your character doesn't make you an ***/attention ***..

Taking SS's of it just to show everyone, does. My point wasn't that you shouldn't just throw it all away, my point was other then just trying to get a rise in people, there's no reason to post the SS's of it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 01:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
***, even King Tut and every other pharaoh went down with their precious belongings and relics with him. Why not at least die with that honor? Seems lame to just toss them like they were meaningless and insignificant.

You got all that nice ***because someone took an equal amount of time and effort to help you get it. IMO this thread is just disrespectful.

I earn every piece of it, through hard work and friends. There isn't a soul on Ragnarök who can or would say otherwise, so i bury it all in blissful remembrance primarily because i have tried to quit in the past and this seemed the most logical way to insure my never returning. Also I did not want anyone else to play her, she was mine for 8 years and no one else's, I'm sorry if you find that selfish also.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-30 01:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

At least log out in your favorite zone :(
Zi'tah, Sky, the waterfall at Misa Coast, the beach at Bibiki Bay... C'mon, this aint even a proper quit; just a "bleh *** it" attitude.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-30 01:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You're completely missing the point of what I'm saying <_<.

It has 0 to do with throwing away items, it has everything to do with feeling a need to parade around the pictures of it.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-30 01:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azura said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

I earn every piece of it, through hard work and friends. There isn't a soul on Ragnarök who can or would say otherwise, so i bury it all in blissful remembrance primarily because i have tried to quit in the past and this seemed the most logical way to insure my never returning. Also I did not want anyone else to play her, she was mine for 8 years and no one else's, I'm sorry if you find that selfish also.

Not selfish, just disrespectful. Earned is such a subjective term here. You were granted it by the will and kindness of those who helped you get it. Tossing it is just a total slap in the face, let alone taking screenshots of it and posting it here. I'd hate to be one of your buddies.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-30 01:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ok, one of the million players I dont know quit the game. Woooo
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 01:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
At least log out in your favorite zone :(
Zi'tah, Sky, the waterfall at Misa Coast, the beach at Bibiki Bay... C'mon, this aint even a proper quit; just a "bleh *** it" attitude.

actually, looking back now i agree with you on that.

Caitsith.Blurr said:
cool if you wanna quit.. shame on you though >.>

sure it was YOUR stuff to do away with, YOUR time invested/work, YOUR monthly ffxi fees.. but thinking of all the people that have ever helped you get any/all that stuff, i say shame on you. such a selfish and distasteful thing to do imo.

"hey, didnt it take us like 20 runs to get those macha slops for you ?"

yeah, horrible way to be remembered >.>

as for this, it wasn't an intention to stick my tongue out at anyone, i just wanted to quit. and as a last second quark in my funny bone i thought it would be cool to take a screenshot and play it to the music of that SNL skit. It is a personal decision and do you say for-shame to everyone who quits the game, that's kinda sending us all on guilt trips for not wanting to play anymore. rather silly, though i know where you're coming from. There were others who have helped me in the past, but no more than i have helped them and they are grateful just as i am grateful for everything we have done for one another.

I left on good terms with everyone who deserved an honest persons respect. I have no regrets. I'm sorry if my humor offends you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-04-30 01:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing of value was lost.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-04-30 01:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

OP already paid his/her dues to LS for the items; you attend events, contribute, and you earn your items. After that, the deal is done and no body owes anyone anything. It's sick the way players are treated as if they are in debted to those who got them their loot forever. Stuff you get with friends, like a Joyeuse, can be tallied in terms of who owes who a favor, and that is rarely perfectly even among friends but not heavily skewed to where anybody cares. But for stuff like Dynamis gear? You earn that through attendance and participation BEFORE you get the gear, so the price is paid as soon as you get it.

My only comment is why didn't OP sell his/her account? The items would fetch a nice dollar.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 01:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
OP already paid his/her dues to LS for the items; you attend events, contribute, and you earn your items. After that, the deal is done and no body owes anyone anything. It's sick the way players are treated as if they are in debted to those who got them their loot forever. Stuff you get with friends, like a Joyeuse, can be tallied in terms of who owes who a favor, and that is rarely perfectly even among friends but not heavily skewed to where anybody cares. But for stuff like Dynamis gear? You earn that through attendance and participation BEFORE you get the gear, so the price is paid as soon as you get it.

My only comment is why didn't OP sell his/her account? The items would fetch a nice dollar.

I don't support any form of RMT, Account sales are in the same boat in my opinion. As for not giving it to one of my friends or roommates though, I must admit I am partially selfish in feeling that she was my baby for 8 years, I didn't feel right to just let anyone else play her again.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-30 01:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i never helped him/knew him, so wasnt personally affected.

i sympathetically feel pretty awful for anyone that ever HAS worked with him though, even if they dont >.>
Ragnarok.Azura said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

its basically spitting in the face of any/everyone thats ever worked with you.

"thanks for all the stuff you guys helped me get over the years, a lot of which i know so many out there will never be lucky enough to get. thanks so much and heres my personal tribute to all our good times ^^. a screen shot of me dropping everything"

if you had any idea you would end up throwing away all your rare/ex stuff back when, you should of never even started getting it all. let the next person in line who might actually appreciate it. someone who will appreciate it all even in absence.

ive been deactive for awhile myself, and who knows, may not come back either. and ill be damned if im letting my character get bastardized by rmt or online strangers too, but ill be *** if im dropping all the ***thats taken me, and the many others helping me over the years, nearly a decade to collect >.>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 01:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
i never helped him/knew him, so wasnt personally affected.

i sympathetically feel pretty awful for anyone that ever HAS worked with him though, even if they dont >.>
Ragnarok.Azura said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

its basically spitting in the face of any/everyone thats ever worked with you.

"thanks for all the stuff you guys helped me get over the years, a lot of which i know so many out there will never be lucky enough to get. thanks so much and heres my personal tribute to all our good times ^^. a screen shot of me dropping everything"

if you had any idea you would end up throwing away all your rare/ex stuff back when, you should of never even started getting it all. let the next person in line who might actually appreciate it. someone who will appreciate it all even in absence.

ive been deactive for awhile myself, and who knows, may not come back either. and ill be damned if im letting my character get bastardized by rmt or online strangers too, but ill be *** if im dropping all the ***thats taken me, and the many others helping me over the years, nearly a decade to collect >.>

blurr.... if you're really going to play this game forever then i would understand, but you won't because it's not physically possible, so I pity you for believing it matters when you deem it relevant for my dismissal of items in an MMO. By your standards i am indebted to play the game for eternity, or is there a set time you would prefer me to have quit, because it doesn't matter if i take a screen shot of it or not, the truth is it is still "going to waste". I played for 8 years, some of that stuff i got years ago, so would you please put a calendar on the wall that gives me a respectable release of my obligations to everyone on Ragnarok who may have helped me.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-30 02:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i didnt say shame on you for quitting, that your doing everyone youve ever worked with a dishonor by quitting.

i said shame on you for tossing all your stuff in quitting.

and as far as calendar dates go, your never out of debt to the people that have helped you get any/everything over the years, and imo neither is anyone youve ever helped either.

for the simple fact there are many other people out there that would very much loved to of had some/all of what you had, and you tossed it all away like worthless garbage(quitting or whatever)..

i say shame >.>

edit: even in my time off, possible indefinite hiatus perhaps, im grateful to every/anyone thats helped me get anything. even if it sat there collecting dust on a deactivated character forever maybe, ill never in a million years toss my collection.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-30 02:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Take a page from Korean Gamers, they Really know how to quit. Stay up for 12 days straight spun out on energy drinks and suffer a sudden heart attack and die logged in. And that's just for freegames like Maple story, don't even get me started on WoW/Starcraft/Counterstrike.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 03:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
i didnt say shame on you for quitting, that your doing everyone youve ever worked with a dishonor by quitting.

i said shame on you for tossing all your stuff in quitting.

and as far as calendar dates go, your never out of debt to the people that have helped you get any/everything over the years, and imo neither is anyone youve ever helped either.

for the simple fact there are many other people out there that would very much loved to of had some/all of what you had, and you tossed it all away like worthless garbage(quitting or whatever)..

i say shame >.>

edit: even in my time off, possible indefinite hiatus perhaps, im grateful to every/anyone thats helped me get anything. even if it sat there collecting dust on a deactivated character forever maybe, ill never in a million years toss my collection.

If you never play again it may as well be tossed. I already know i'm never playing again, nor am i letting anyone else use it, so what does it matter how i quit, it's all ending up in the same place. digital nothingness, except now mine is literally nothingness and not wasted storage (not like it's a real problem anyways). The point is, it doesnt matter what i do with it all, it's over, I have done everything i could for those i left behind, i divided 25+mil, and had nothing of actual gil value anymore. In my opinion, there is no better way of keeping me from returning than to drop everything else.

I'm not saying the time spent was just that worthless to me, on the contrary it's the items i find worthless in real value. the time spent with friends and people i've met online were the real treasure of the game and the only reason i played for so long. Tossing items that i've obtained over the years should have no effect on an REAL friends in life.

P.S. Zicdeh.. i'll take a rain-check.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-30 03:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

so youre just dumb. someone would have paid 2-300$ for that stripped even, and you wouldnt have had to post all these stupid screenshots :D too late for that now though, gj getting NOTHING OUT OF ALL THE TIME YOU SPEND DOING THAT
[+]
First Page 2 3 4