Give Me Haste!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » give me haste!
give me haste!
 Shiva.Jaam
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Jaam
By Shiva.Jaam 2010-04-17 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys I have a question about haste cycling. Would it be okay to use haste/fastcast gear to lower the recast of Haste(spell)?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-17 13:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jaam said:
hey guys I have a question about haste cycling. Would it be okay to use haste/fastcast gear to lower the recast of Haste(spell)?

NO! THAT'S IMMORAL!

What do you use other than fast cast?
[+]
 Shiva.Jaam
By Shiva.Jaam 2010-04-17 13:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks wasnt sure at first
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-17 13:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jaam said:

I just wouldn't toss out a Chapeau for W. Turban or anything like that that tosses out 'good' RDM gear. If that makes any sense to you. o.O
[+]
 Shiva.Jaam
By Shiva.Jaam 2010-04-17 14:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Jaam said:

I just wouldn't toss out a Chapeau for W. Turban or anything like that that tosses out 'good' RDM gear. If that makes any sense to you. o.O

Oh I wasnt gonna do that. Even though Im a new RDM I know that fastcast > haste =p
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-04-17 15:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jaam said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Jaam said:

Oh I wasnt gonna do that. Even though Im a new RDM I know that fastcast > haste =p

Actually...not really.

Haste doesn't do anything for cast time, but as you start to stack them, whichever you have more of becomes a little more effective per point. Since Hasting yourself gives you more recast reduction than all the native Fast Cast traits put together, Haste has quite a head start. Plus there's more available gear for it.

The most optimal thing to do (for spells that warrant it) is to macro Fast Cast in for precast, and thus get the cast time reduction, and then macro in Haste gear during the cast to maximize recast reduction.

That said, unless you're -really- pushing things, it's not a huge deal, and may not be something you can even tell the difference on.

But, yes, Fast Cast/Haste are common things to macro for statless spells like Haste or Refresh. You may also consider Conserve MP gear. The chance it'll proc is low, effect may not be all that much, but hey, what else are you going to use?
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2010-04-17 16:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jaam said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Jaam said:

Actually the turban with 5% Haste does the same for recast as the W.Chap in recast reduction ^o^

nyways... <.< dont use it!

for myself i stack all Fast Cast i can (AF Hat, Relic Body, Loq earring), mostly /sch if with a whm or in merit pts which brings me to

-15% Recast Haste
-10% Recast Light Arts
-10% Recast Fast Cast 3
-5% Recast W. Chap
-5% Recast Relic Body
-4% Recast Swift Belt
-1% Recast Loq Earring

Total: 50% which is the maximum reduction in Recasttime ^^ not to mention theyre out pretty fast so i can concentrate on other stuff

And as Isiolia said, what else would you use besides Recast reduction and Conserve MP gear in a spell that does not need any modifiers to make it land (Conserve MP will even proc pretty often as /blm and /sch since you get a natural 25% chance of activation) every +gear helps :3

Just as a side note, its good to have -50% Recast but dont forget...

if you cycle too fast you might not be able to keep it up 100% of the time - they wear off pretty close sometimes *cough* xD

Greetz ('-')/
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-17 16:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually since fast cast and haste are factored seperatedly the 5% from chapeau and the 5% from turban will not actually be 5% and not by the same amount probably.

Basically it's like comparing DW with haste. Both work exponentially with themselves. Both lower delay. But both are factored seperately and due to the exponential nature whichever you would have more of would generally be the best one to use. Why the legs for DW aren't that good because it's easy to get more haste then DW is even possible.

Now rdm gets -10% recast from job traits. Just putting haste on yourself gives you 15%. Yeah if going for -recast it will pretty much always be better to use wamlart over af hat and goliard over relic body. Also goliard has -emnity and hp/mp and converse mp.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2010-04-17 16:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Actually since fast cast and haste are factored seperatedly the 5% from chapeau and the 5% from turban will not actually be 5% and not by the same amount probably.

Did i miss somewhere the Fact that 50% is not anymore the max recast reduction combined out of Fast Cast % reduction and Haste % Reduction <.<
Quote:
Now rdm gets -10% recast from job traits. Just putting haste on yourself gives you 15%. Yeah if going for -recast it will pretty much always be better to use wamlart over af hat and goliard over relic body. Also goliard has -emnity and hp/mp and converse mp.

Relic Body: -5% recast -10% castttime
Goliard Body: -4% recast no casttime reduction +5% Conserve MP Activation

Only reason why i can see using it over the Relic Body would be if you A) Are not in a hurry to get your spell casted or B) If you piled enough Conserve MP with that to reach the 50% activation mark

AF Hat: -5% Recast -10% Casttime
Turban: -5% Recast (and 30HP, 10 more MP??)

I think i just dont get it why those two pieces would be better ._.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
Server: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-04-17 16:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Why wouldn't it be? :P

If it's easier, start the cycle with yourself. You know when to start casting it again when yours wears off (as long as you didn't composure it). It works perfect as long as you go in the same order every time.
Moar /yarnball
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-17 17:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Magistrella said:
dasva said:
Did i miss somewhere the Fact that 50% is not anymore the max recast reduction combined out of Fast Cast % reduction and Haste % Reduction <.<
Not sure what point trying to make here. But yes 50% is the max -recast. Just saying -5% from haste will not do the same amount as -5% from fast cast.
Carbuncle.Magistrella said:
dasva said:
Relic Body: -5% recast -10% castttime
Goliard Body: -4% recast no casttime reduction +5% Conserve MP Activation

Only reason why i can see using it over the Relic Body would be if you A) Are not in a hurry to get your spell casted or B) If you piled enough Conserve MP with that to reach the 50% activation mark

AF Hat: -5% Recast -10% Casttime
Turban: -5% Recast (and 30HP, 10 more MP??)

I think i just dont get it why those two pieces would be better ._.
Again -recast kinda like -delay is exponential and are not added together but factored seperately. But heres the math for you.

Let's assume hat body haste spell and normal fast cast traits and say swift belt, dusk hands and feet for a total of 9-18% gear haste. 15 spell haste and 10-20% fast cast reduction

Turban and golaird will end up being -10% from fastcast and -33% from haste. So .9 * .67 = .603 or a 39.7% reduction in recast time.

Now af+relic will be -20% from fast cast and -24% from haste. So .8 * .76 = .608 or 39.2% reduction.

Yes the difference is slight at low haste amounts like this. But you start adding more haste gear or get marched etc it will become bigger. Like when you are trying to get stun down to -50% for example. If you wear the haste gear March II will get you to -50% reduction. While wearing fast cast will get you to 48.something%

Now any conserve mp is useful. by the same amount getting 5 at 50% isn't anymore helpful then at 0%. It merely adds a % chance for conserve mp to proc. Also -emnity.

And there is nothing wrong with starting in fast cast and switching to haste.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-17 17:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said:
Actually...not really. Haste doesn't do anything for cast time.

I was talking about recast, when referring to haste.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2010-04-17 18:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If its that way i have to get some moar haste stuff out of my storage - nyways i was always thinking of /sch perspective x.x""

What makes it:

With /sch and AFhat/relicbody/Loq Earring youre @31% Fast Cast Recast

pairing with dusk gloves swift belt and dusk feet youre @ 25% haste which makes

0.69 * 0.75 = .5175 or 48.something% reduction

as in haste lets say, turban, goliard, , dusk gloves, dusk feet and swift belt youre @18% with spell @33%, which gives you a

.67 * 0.79 (thanks to natural fast cast /sch +loq earring) = 0.5293 or a 47.something%

im running out of haste % slots to see the haste > fastcast...

nyways lets try without /sch just to see whats better there <.<

Fast Cast equip: 0.79*0.75 = 0.5925 or 41.25% reduction
Haste equip: 0.79*0.67 = 47.something%

clearly without /sch haste wins in the recast department but, remember you are casting 20% slower which is a 0.6 seconds longer per Refresh/Haste you cast with /sch its even at 30%... (with natural Fastcast 50%...)

thats why i think Fast Cast > Haste, beeing able to squeeze out more spells in the same time is for me more important then 0.6 seconds more recast on a 20 seconds Recast spell

^o^

Auntie Edith says >.>: + im /sch 90% of my time
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-17 18:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

light arts are done seperately too so the numbers will be slightly different but wont change the relationship between fast cast and haste(Should be apparent since it works different then the other 2. Gives same amount of -recast as -cast time). Unless you using the -50% cast/recast strat then it don't matter what you wear. Well as far as casting and recast time go lol.

However doing the math just swift belt and haste spell will make 9 haste from body/head about the same as the af head and relic body.

Also if you have room just precast in fast cast and switch to haste. Granted it's only small gains. Either way I don't really care most the time. I generally just use relic head and gol body. It really doesn't make much difference when you are keeping up a cycle and if you are starting one use a strat lol. And saving mp and taking less emnity and ensuring I don't lose a point of refresh matters to mes. Now say casting utsesmi for soloing is a different matter entirely
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2010-04-17 18:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
light arts are done seperately too so the numbers will be slightly different but wont change the relationship between fast cast and haste(Should be apparent since it works different then the other 2. Gives same amount of -recast as -cast time). Unless you using the -50% cast/recast strat then it don't matter what you wear. Well as far as casting and recast time go lol.

However doing the math just swift belt and haste spell will make 9 haste from body/head about the same as the af head and relic body.

Also if you have room just precast in fast cast and switch to haste. Granted it's only small gains. Either way I don't really care most the time. I generally just use relic head and gol body. It really doesn't make much difference when you are keeping up a cycle and if you are starting one use a strat lol. And saving mp and taking less emnity and ensuring I don't lose a point of refresh matters to mes. Now say casting utsuesmi for soloing is a different matter entirely

^this

I usually wear AF hat + relic body since i didnt have had the luck to get my hands on goli or pimphat v2

now i'd do the switch from fast cast -> haste but then i had to throw out my swapped in vermy for afterspell... and since i dont use Windower Macros i'd have to make 2 macros to swap through all equips... yknow - just meh ><

^o^

nyways im doing the math later with naked rdm and Light arts to see if it stacks on Fast Cast or not (cause according to wiki it does stack but hell im not sure anymore lol)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-17 18:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it stacks but still wont break 50% and its factored sperately pretty sure. RR would probably be the best test though. NOt like it makes a huge diff lol