A Thousand Shades of Blue
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-05 11:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chapter 2 begins on the Olzhiryan continent. Thanks for all the support, and I hope you all keep reading. The original topic may be found here; a fully compiled and formatted version can be found here. Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The following has been transcribed from the walls, floor, and ceiling of an Olzhiryan torture cell. The original, written in the writer's blood, may still be found (repaired) on display in Lower Jeuno.

Day 47:
Why won't the voices STOP please help me help me OH GOD HELP IM DYING THEYRE KILLING ME oh god save me SAVE ME this is all i have left please don't let them see this oh god when they see the cut what will they say oh my GOD DAMNIT HELP everytime i move too much the slash opens up oh my god oh my god its going black again i have to keep

Day 48:
They let Marz and Cai see me and Marz started crying. They said that if I would only comply that they would let me free. Or, if I died. They've been torturing me nonstop, trying to figure out what role I played in kidnapping a Mithran official's daughter and where it was hidden. I have no idea what they want.

All I know is that if I do not get help soon, I will die here while my country burns. I don't know how much longer I can hold onto my sanity; they keep forcing a strange liquid down my throat that induces extreme pain and now I've got slashes all across my body. They couldn't get a particular spearhead out of me, but I managed to pull it out of my gut and am hiding it. That's what I keep writing with. I think I should be dead.

It's cold, and the salt water that comes with the extreme winds through the bad ceiling burns. I hope it doesn't wash this away. I hope someone rescues me. I hope the Runt is okay.

Day 49:
My execution date is tomorrow at dawn. There was a slight complication in the torture chamber this morning involving. You see, they decided to see how long I'd last before I crack with three spider eating away at me.

I remember one of them slit up my entire body and before I knew it, despite being tattered and torn to shreds, I had ripped its jaw off and began to slash away at the other two spiders. I almost killed the Galkan tortured that tried to subdue me. Almost. He slammed me back in here and let me bleed half to death.

They're just too damn big.

This is my last meal, they say. They actually cooked me a real crab dinner. I'll find a way out of this mess.

This spear head is going to come in handy. I can tell already. What the Galka never realized was that I managed to get a hold of something in that room; a small container of the pain inducing liquid. I sense that tomorrow is going to be fun.

I hope I live through it. If not, just know that I had nothing to do with this; I just want to get out of here.

Day 50 - 2am:
I sensed it before I heard the commotion. The Galka has passed away. It seems part of the jaw that I lodged into his gut wasn't able to be extracted.

I can hear him whispering in my ears, he's telling me he's sorry it had to be this way. I tell him I'm sorry that he's stuck with me for a while, but that he can sleep until I need him.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-04-06 10:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

O.o poor Galka...
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-06 12:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

/waits
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-04-06 18:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG THIS IS AWESOME :D but i'm so confuzzled....must have moar!
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-04-06 23:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm I love violence.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-06 23:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Violence is good!!!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-04-06 23:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YES MOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-07 18:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seeing as how SE suspended me over nonsense, I have no urge to continue this. If I get my char back, I may, but atm I have pretty much no desire to.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-04-07 18:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no what happened? D:
[+]
 Titan.Marzbarz
Server: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-04-07 18:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa! Yessss
[+]
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Server: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-04-07 19:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Yeah, seeing as how SE suspended me over nonsense, I have no urge to continue this. If I get my char back, I may, but atm I have pretty much no desire to.

credit card charge back ***?
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-07 19:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bouncingflea said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:

credit card charge back ***?
Even better. I said "***" in /say.

Yup.
[+]
 Seraph.Pikachu
Server: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-04-07 19:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i like blue whats going on in here o.o
[+]
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Server: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-04-07 20:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

sound's like some asshat though it would be funny to report you to a GM. what's the big deal anyway. you can turn the language filter on and off. load of *** if you ask me.
[+]
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-04-08 12:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

omg wtf, they banned you over ***? x.x what a jackass
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-04-08 12:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully it's just a temp ban. I'm surprised the GM didn't tell the reporter to just use the chat filter...
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-04-08 12:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I say *** /say every day and I dont get banned for it. I guess I havent come across that asshat yet.

[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-08 12:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a temp suspension. As of this morning he was back in game.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-04-08 13:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ok
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-04-11 22:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the story of epicness. That is all.
[+]
 Remora.Veltan
Server: Remora
user: kethrel
By Remora.Veltan 2010-04-12 12:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

needz moar story!
[+]
 Fenrir.Fizzycandy
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fizzycandy 2010-04-14 22:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn somebody is rating down all the comments lol

But anyways, awesome new chapter!!
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-04-15 17:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

new chapter new chapter weee :D
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-04-16 16:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ppl can be real Jerks in this game >.> I dont know why ppl turn off the Lang. Filter, if they are so damed easly offended, its like

(Chat filter on) you see **** oh noes!? whats that ****? /un filters, oh Dam its a bad word /crys to a GM
 Ramuh.Vertigorose
By Ramuh.Vertigorose 2010-04-18 03:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't let one self important *** who called a GM on you ruin this amazing story for the rest of us. More Please!
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-18 09:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Updates later today.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-04-18 14:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YAY! I missed you and your awesome story Sect. ^.^
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-19 08:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 53 - Entry 1:
Where do I begin?

I'm currently in a caravan traveling East to the next port.

Cai picked me up this new journal in the town where I was being tortured. He said that it would give me something to do while I recovered and keep me from trying to move too much.

Well, about that, it's not like I can move anyways. Most of my body is stitched up and bandaged pretty heavily. Sometimes not even a white mage can fix the damage. All the torturing had left me holding onto my body out of sheer force of will. I was blocking off the pain as best I could so as to not go insane again.

I was able to communicate with the soul of the Galka I killed, and he was able to see everything I had ever done or thought of in my life. He knew my innocence and he knew what was going on in the other continents. He gave me a little secret: that pain syrum, if heated, turns into a gas and spreads out like wildfire. It was what they used for riot control.

I hid the vial deep in one of my gashes and made sure not to let it break by moving awkwardly as they pulled me to the gallows to be executed. There was a massive crowd watching. Apparently whoever I supposedly kidnapped must have been drastically important.

I was the only one who would hang that day.

I looked through the crowd and saw Marz and Cai in the back, nervously glancing around themselves. I made eye contact with Cai and he slowly pointed his eyes to my left. I slowly followed them and saw a pair of eyes looking at me from between the planks that made the gallows.

There was someone under the gallows. What the hell was going on?

Two Mithra grabbed me and pulled me up so that they could fit the noose around my head. Before they could tighten it I decided that I just didn't quite like that.

I was weak, and so I could not do magic so powerful, but when desperate humans are known to find strength. I bucked my hips in such a way that the vial of the liquid pain syrum squelched out of my torso and fell to the ground. At that precise moment, I focused what little energy I had left to start a pathetic little fire spell.

I'm pretty sure a two year old taru could have done better, but it managed to light just the tiniest fire on the plank below the vial.

I braced myself as the Mithra and the crowd realized what was about to happen.

And then the vial exploded and things got fascinating.
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-19 08:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty, back to regular updates I hope~
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-19 11:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 53 - Entry 2:
We had to stop for some water.

The small bloody vial absolutely exploded and I felt every fiber on my skin scream out in pain.

One would think I'd get used to it by now, but no. Not at all.

The thing is, everyone else was screaming too, which meant that it was a success. I felt someone wrap their arms around me and pull me downwards and drag me away as I screamed. I hoped to Altana that it wasn't an enemy.

I heard Cai's voice call out something and then I passed out from the pain I was in.

I woke up to find someone dumping me in a stream a few times.

"He's come to," I heard an unfamiliar voice call out, followed by two sighs of relief.

The water was warm and I felt the pain go away where it was, but it also opened up my cuts and started a whole new set of pain. I was just glad to be alive at this point.

They pulled me out of the water and laid me down on the grass. I saw Cai watching out in case we had been followed, but Marz assured him we weren't and he turned down.

I bit down on my lips as one of my many gashes sent a jolt of pain down my body. The unfamiliar man procured some gauze and bandage out of a bag and began applying it to me.

I had so many questions to ask but I was exhausted so I settled on the first one to come to mind.

"How long until we're off this continent?"

"Not soon enough," Cai said, shaking his head. "We warned the officials and they were most reluctant to believe us. Their loss, really."

I managed to nod. "Fair enough," I said. I looked at the unfamiliar man. "Thank you for saving me. I'm Sectumsempra."

The man patted my shoulder and said with a hint of an eastern accent, "I am Selim. We share our main enemy, so you are my friend."

It was an odd introduction, but I was getting used to odd events. "The demons will not take long to travel eastward if your kingdom falls."

I knew what he said was true, just as well as he did. "The rest of the world, too," I said, wincing as he bandaged up a particularly harsh wound.

"You are dying, you know," he said in a matter of fact tone. I wasn't surprised. "You have lost much blood and there is glass stuck inside of your gut. No doctors in this land will heal you."

"Can we make it to Aht Urghan?" I asked.

No one replied for a decent minute before Marz said, "We don't think so."

I leaned my head back and shut my eyes, not sure of what to do now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6