2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » New player
New player
First Page 2 3
By Vertox 2010-03-28 01:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone I'm new to this game and was wondering if anyone could help me out?
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-28 01:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to Final Fantasy XI. I'd be glad to give ya a hand if you were on the Shiva server >.>
By Vertox 2010-03-28 10:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I'm playing on Asura, this game is really different and a lot more confusing than most of the other games I've played.
 Siren.Aini
Server: Siren
By Siren.Aini 2010-03-28 10:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Always get Signet! ALWAYS collect BEastmen Seals

Theres an NPC that helps new players in each Nation I can't find the name right now though ;_; Also alsways do Fields of Valor and check http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org if you need info/help!

Thats the main advice I give my friends that start all the time haha
[+]
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Server: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-03-28 10:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Between ffxiah.com and this one http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, you should be able to find out a lot of important info. A lot depends on what style character you want.
 Hades.Neheyiama
Server: Hades
user: Focusal
By Hades.Neheyiama 2010-03-28 10:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazed you found this site. I did not know about this site, until someone mentioned it to me. >.> Wished I knew earlier before I sold my PC for 500k -.-

Well, get signet always, Do mini-quests to get easy gil/fame. Also find a linkshell that will accept you. Got to talk to someone :P Use this site to find the price on items, and make sure you stay in your home nation until your like level 14. Then move on to partys in Valkrum. >.>
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-28 14:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You, sir OP, are very vague. Welcome to Asura tho.
By Vertox 2010-03-28 17:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So linkshells are like guilds?
 Pandemonium.Despain
Server: Pandemonium
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-28 17:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Vertox said:
Hey everyone I'm new to this game and was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Uninstall. Wait for 14.
[+]
 Titan.Stealthwolf
Server: Titan
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-03-28 17:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Despain said:
Vertox said:

Uninstall. Wait for 14.
14 is only pc and ps3 so if your an xbox user stick with it delete your char and come join us on titan!!! ^^
 Pandemonium.Despain
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-28 17:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks to be you for buying an Xbox in the first place. Poor piece of ***.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-28 17:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurr [insert generic xbox flaming] durr
 Titan.Stealthwolf
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-03-28 17:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh xbox is better than ps3 although i have quite a few friends disagree. Plus the fact that i can sit in Xbox live party with other ff players talking instead of typeing is so much more enjoyable personally.
[+]
 Alexander.Hasiano
Server: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2010-03-28 17:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Stealthwolf said:
tbh xbox is better than ps3 although i have quite a few friends disagree. Plus the fact that i can sit in Xbox live party with other ff players talking instead of typeing is so much more enjoyable personally.

yea, i do that with people on xbox, despite playing on pc, its good to have both.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Despain
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-28 17:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There's this thing called Ventrilo for PC. Then again, you probably don't have a PC. Which again, you fail :(

My opinion* is that PS3 > Xbox, simply because I don't have to pay for internet on my PS3. Also Xbox gimped my FF13.
[+]
 Titan.Stealthwolf
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-03-28 17:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There's this thing called Ventrilo for PC. Then again, you probably don't have a PC. Which again, you fail :(

My opinion* is that PS3 > Xbox, simply because I don't have to pay for internet on my PS3. Also Xbox gimped my FF13.
How do you think i'm posting this on my xbox lol iv gotta PC but never heard of Ventrilo but il ask my LS about it. They all use like msn messanger or things like that. ^^
 Pandemonium.Despain
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-28 17:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Xbox doesn't have an internet browser..? Assumed it did, since PS3 does. Good attempt though.
[+]
 Titan.Stealthwolf
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-03-28 17:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Xbox doesn't have an internet browser..? Assumed it did, since PS3 does. Good attempt though.
no it doesn't but we get movies, xbox live gaming and Facebook. Plus i prefer our pads but enough of all that this thread was created to help the newbie, we were all there once and can offer info to help him/her get started. Don't do what i did and chuck away the like 2,000 beastman seals that i regret heavily.

Also many people say to look at all the jobs and decide one that you like the look of wether that be a warrior or a white mage the most important thing to do is to learn that job through and through. Enjoy ff ^^
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-28 18:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Vertox said:
So linkshells are like guilds?

Linkshells are groups of people, I suppose if you played WoW then you would call it a guild. Some linkshells are social, where people just talk, some are missions, so you'd be doing quests and such on them, and some are event, which is more an endgame type of thing. I would try to find a good social with some nice higher-level players (even better if they are bored) to help you with things like subjob items and such.
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2010-03-28 18:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, what is your problem..
[+]
By Vertox 2010-03-28 19:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you go about getting Linkshells, is there a certain area that you go to or something like that?

also can i only be in one linkshell?

thanks everyone for your help ^^ id also appreciate it if you could stop "argueing" over pc,xbox and ps3.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Despain
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-28 19:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can be in however linkshells your inventory can carry, however that's ill advised. I'm sure if you talk to people you may be able to find a social linkshell thats willing to help you out. Not everyone on FFXI is a douchebag, so no worries.

@Hiryo: my problem is that Xbox sucks.
[+]
 Titan.Stealthwolf
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-03-28 19:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You can be in however linkshells your inventory can carry, however that's ill advised. I'm sure if you talk to people you may be able to find a social linkshell thats willing to help you out. Not everyone on FFXI is a douchebag, so no worries.

@Hiryo: my problem is that Xbox sucks.
Who cares this thread is 2 help not slate consoles.

In the whole linkshell thing, personally i wouldn't have more than one social ls but thats just me. most people that i know have a social linkshell(LS) and an endgame LS, but with all the new updates comming this could change rapidly but for now thats how most players in my social ls go.
 Pandemonium.Despain
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-28 20:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've given pretty good advice, quit crying.
[+]
 Titan.Stealthwolf
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-03-28 20:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not gunna argue with you its 2am in the morning and i'm trying to do college work and help the newbie out. All i can say is grow up you never proved nothing i will still play on my xbox and chat with my mates and have near to no lag(minus when in really laggy areas). I'm just glad im on a Chilled out server where we play the game for enjoyment rather than flamming ppl for random reasons with no real point. so what you play on Pc well done have a gold star cg ^^.

note for the newbie

People who cause this much hassle for other players in game will generally gain a bad name and be unable to get groups of ppl togeather for things they need to do. At the end of the day if you don't enjoy the game persist with it through the low lv's as this will be really repetitive. My formaer ls had about 5 new ppl join it before the ls leader quit but within 2 months the newbies quit because they didn't like to lv on their own and found it to repetitive just to warn ya ^^.

And to give ya hope at the higher levels its really fun and intersting game with more twists and turns than most ppl i know can believe. I know ppl who are still learning the game after 3-4yrs of playing and i believe this is true of all players.
 Pandemonium.Despain
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-03-28 20:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Stealthwolf said:
i'm not gunna argue with you its 2am in the morning and i'm trying to do college work and help the newbie out. All i can say is grow up you never proved nothing i will still play on my xbox and chat with my mates and have near to no lag(minus when in really laggy areas). I'm just glad im on a Chilled out server where we play the game for enjoyment rather than flamming ppl for random reasons with no real point. so what you play on Pc well done have a gold star cg ^^.

Wut? I'm not flaming you, take a joke.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Goldberg
user: Goldberg
By Pandemonium.Goldberg 2010-03-29 08:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hiryo said:

Wow, what is your problem..

It's called period time
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-29 08:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Vertox said:
Welcome to Asura. You can /tell me if you see me in game sometime. I'm usually busy doing something so I couldn't come help you with something, but I can at least give advice :)
 Midgardsormr.Antonaki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Antonaki
By Midgardsormr.Antonaki 2010-03-29 08:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

love it when people post to ask for general advice and all you scrubs can do is talk ***.

Welcome To FFxi OP.

And Hi Gold
First Page 2 3